Calgarypuck Forums - The Unofficial Calgary Flames Fan Community

Go Back   Calgarypuck Forums - The Unofficial Calgary Flames Fan Community > Main Forums > The Off Topic Forum > Tech Talk
Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 02-01-2014, 05:39 PM   #1181
CaptainCrunch
Norm!

Exp:

Yeah, I forgot that I`m going to be going to watch the game tonight and tommorrow`s superbowl. This might be a bad weekend for a group foray for me.

Sorry
CaptainCrunch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2014, 05:52 PM   #1182
Trailer Fire
First Line Centre

Exp:

I don't know who was who, save for Artley, but we did a Hammer Station run this evening, and it went quite smooth. One little hiccup on the final boss, as well as the gas cave thing, but other than that it was all good.

Canehdianman, were you the Sage? I'm on the bus to work right now and can't look up the proper spelling of your name but I think it was Fergia. Also, who was Oya?
Old 02-01-2014, 05:53 PM   #1183
Canehdianman
Lifetime Suspension

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Trailer Fire View Post
I don't know who was who, save for Artley, but we did a Hammer Station run this evening, and it went quite smooth. One little hiccup on the final boss, as well as the gas cave thing, but other than that it was all good.

Canehdianman, were you the Sage? I'm on the bus to work right now and can't look up the proper spelling of your name but I think it was Fergia. Also, who was Oya?
Yup, Fergia. I'm a sentinel.
Canehdianman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2014, 06:02 PM   #1184
MaDMaN_26
Powerplay Quarterback

Exp:

Glad you guys got a guild going...

I'm on the bastion as well and run a couple guilds... "Knights of the Round" on the pub side... but I focus most of my time on the Imp side, we are called "Splatter Pattern"

I'll be levelin' my Sniper today - Camlan. If anyone wants an invite... or add Morgawse as a friend for when ever we happen to both be on. We have enough people for the 10% xp boost if you just want a place to level. Vent server as well.
Old 02-01-2014, 06:04 PM   #1185
Trailer Fire
First Line Centre

Exp:

Why did I think you were a Sage?
Old 02-01-2014, 06:33 PM   #1186
Canehdianman
Lifetime Suspension

Exp:

Quote:
Why did I think you were a Sage?
I am quite wise...?
Old 02-01-2014, 06:39 PM   #1187
Robbob
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:

Oya is actually my wife. I guess I got lucky getting her hooked on Swtor. It also explains the female toon.
Robbob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2014, 06:45 PM   #1188
Trailer Fire
First Line Centre

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Robbob View Post
Oya is actually my wife. I guess I got lucky getting her hooked on Swtor. It also explains the female toon.
Makes sense. I was rolling through the thread trying to figure out who she was
Old 02-01-2014, 07:16 PM   #1189
Superfraggle
First Line Centre

Exp:

I was the sage - Fraeg
Superfraggle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2014, 08:40 AM   #1190
CaptainCrunch
Norm!

Exp:

So just to put things into perspective. I had my computer completely melt down on me this weekend to the point where it just wouldn't even turn on anymore. So being the 1%'er that I am I made the snap decision to go out and buy a new computer.

To set it up, reload office, configure everything including email, load up Itunes set up the security load up my financial stuff took about an hour.

I decided instead of googling on the net to find the quickest way to reload SWTOR, I went to their website clicked on the download button and reloaded it. Then sat by as it took about 7 hours to update and patch everything.

It wouldn't have been so bad if the superbowl hadn't have been so utterly terrible.
Old 02-03-2014, 08:51 AM   #1191
Diemenz
First Line Centre

Exp:

I did the free to play option and the game was ready to go in about 30 minutes. After it was ready I added a subscription. I wonder if there is a difference.
Old 02-03-2014, 08:54 AM   #1192
CaptainCrunch
Norm!

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Diemenz View Post
I did the free to play option and the game was ready to go in about 30 minutes. After it was ready I added a subscription. I wonder if there is a difference.
I couldn't tell you, I don't think Galactic starfighter was that big. I just made a note that next time I do this, I'm copying my installation folder over.
Old 02-03-2014, 09:01 AM   #1193
Canehdianman
Lifetime Suspension

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Diemenz View Post
I did this to, but it only downloads the starting planets and streams the rest while you level to 10.

For a player like CC, he would likely want all of the planets available right away.
Old 02-03-2014, 09:06 AM   #1194
CaptainCrunch
Norm!

Exp:

Yeah, I could have started playing about 10 minutes in, but all of my players are in end game mode until I start my final character (Jedi Knight this weekend)
Old 02-03-2014, 02:27 PM   #1195
MaDMaN_26
Powerplay Quarterback

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by CaptainCrunch View Post
Yeah, I could have started playing about 10 minutes in, but all of my players are in end game mode until I start my final character (Jedi Knight this weekend)
Ya the option to start playing right away is only if you start a new character... if you have existing toons and want to play them you are screwed... so I feel for you Captain.

Ha I forgot the stupid bowl was even on... sounds like I missed another dud of a football game...

I was too engrossed getting my Sniper geared up - got him in mostly 69's, witha few 72's and all augmented up... 29k health and he turned 55 Saturday night... Legacy smuggling ftw.
Old 02-03-2014, 02:37 PM   #1196
CaptainCrunch
Norm!

Exp:

I'm running through some flashpoints in solo just because they're fun. I'm going to run through Boarding party and the foundry tomorrow night just because they're lore key.

I'm also doing dailies to get classic and basic commendations to up my armor.
Old 02-03-2014, 03:01 PM   #1197
MaDMaN_26
Powerplay Quarterback

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by CaptainCrunch View Post
I'm running through some flashpoints in solo just because they're fun. I'm going to run through Boarding party and the foundry tomorrow night just because they're lore key.

I'm also doing dailies to get classic and basic commendations to up my armor.
oi thats a grind... I hate how they want 150 classic coms for a piece of gear thats so old... the quests grant you like 3 at a time....

personally I think your best bet is to jump on the planetary coms (go do old heroic planet missions) (+2's and +4's all reward planetary coms) and use the planet coms on the makeb vendor for 58 purples... if you can get you gear to all 58's you should be able to run oricon, which by doing those quests will get you a set of purple 66's and then you should be able to hit HM flashpoints...

Last edited by MaDMaN_26; 02-03-2014 at 03:05 PM.
MaDMaN_26 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2014, 12:04 PM   #1198
MaDMaN_26
Powerplay Quarterback

Exp:

Hey guys, so I know I have mentioned it a couple times now but thought I'd add a bit more. My empire guild is running 16mans Story Mode ops on Tuesday nights at 7:30 Server (Bastion) - so 8:30 PM Calgary time. We run for 2 hours and then stop. We have room for more people... right now we are pugging on the fleet to fill... its a fun grp, no hard core ragers, happy to explain fights etc... We use Ventrillo and hang out on it most nights. Most of the active players have at least one alt that can do different roles so we can pretty much take any one and make it work.

We are empire side and I know you all have the Pub side guild going - but if you want a home for your Empire toon(s) and at least one night a week where you can dust him/her off... food for thought.

Again in game message Morgawse or friend me and send me a tell. I'll be on at some point tonight doing some space pvp, gotta take my new bomber out for a spin. I saved up most of my daily and weekly rewards for space until the release of bombers yesterday, bought it and then used all my all the tokens for fleet req... so I had about 24k on each ship to spend... that was fun.

We ran Dread Fortress last night 16man story mode and cleared it by 10:20, so just under 2 hours. Would be faster if got more peeps and didn't have to spam fleet for as long :P

Last edited by MaDMaN_26; 02-05-2014 at 12:06 PM.
MaDMaN_26 is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to MaDMaN_26 For This Useful Post:
Old 02-05-2014, 09:04 PM   #1199
MaDMaN_26
Powerplay Quarterback

Exp:

bah real life came up... hate that :P

On now if anyone see's this
Old 02-05-2014, 09:15 PM   #1200
Diemenz
First Line Centre

Exp: