Calgarypuck Forums - The Unofficial Calgary Flames Fan Community

Go Back   Calgarypuck Forums - The Unofficial Calgary Flames Fan Community > Main Forums > Other Sports: Football, Baseball, Local Hockey, Etc...
Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 10-04-2009, 10:22 AM   #101
The Special One
Lifetime Suspension

Exp:

Terrible marking again from Carragher today on Anelka's tap-in. He should have been all over him, not two yards behind him. He's lost a bit of pace, not long before Rafa will see this and discard him into the rubbish bin.
The Special One is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2009, 02:45 PM   #102
Nuje
Powerplay Quarterback

Exp:

Yeah, that's been Jamie lately. I can't wait until Agger just takes his place for good. You gotta like the guy, but his play has been brutal for sure. Agger + Skrtel would be a great center pairing.
Old 10-17-2009, 08:26 AM   #103
Saint Troy
First Line Centre

Exp:

Great assist by the balloon in the Liverpool/Sunderland game, I'm still laughing.....unreal.

Saint Troy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2009, 10:31 AM   #104
Locke
Franchise Player

Exp:

I have to say, while hope springs eternal, this season is looking pretty shot.

This Post Has Been Distilled for the Eradication of Seemingly Incurable Sadness.

If you are flammable and have legs, you are never blocking a Fire Exit. - Mitch Hedberg
Locke is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2009, 01:26 PM   #105
The Special One
Lifetime Suspension

Exp:

Where are all the Rafa fanboys now? This Liverpool team make me sick. They were not prepared for today's match at all. Granted our two best players were unavailable but Liverpool never looked like scoring. Andy Reid carved them inside out. What was up with this weird formation Rafa tried? Terrible managing.

I've been saying it in this thread since the start of the season but you have all ignored me. What will it take to make you all see that Rafa is a terrible manager and Liverpool have no chance of competing for any silverware under the current set up?
Old 10-17-2009, 06:18 PM   #106
GirlySports
NOT breaking news

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Saint Troy View Post
Great assist by the balloon in the Liverpool/Sunderland game, I'm still laughing.....unreal.
Even funnier that the beach ball came from the Liverpool end of the stands, so it's their fault

GirlySports is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2009, 01:42 AM   #107
Locke
Franchise Player

Exp:

Rafa offers his support:

Quote:
Jones has been heavily criticised by Graham Poll, Dermot Gallagher and Jeff Winter, his former colleagues, but Benítez, although still surprised at the error, has taken a different tack, choosing to offer the referee his support. The Spaniard also ruled out any possibility of Liverpool asking for the match to be replayed.

“The situation is that we cannot change this,” Benítez said. “I think that the rule is very clear. Everybody knows and all the experts agree that the goal had to be disallowed but we cannot do anything now so we have to move forward."
http://www.timesonline.co.uk/tol/spo...cle6881598.ece

This Post Has Been Distilled for the Eradication of Seemingly Incurable Sadness.

If you are flammable and have legs, you are never blocking a Fire Exit. - Mitch Hedberg
Locke is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2009, 03:13 PM   #108
JohnnyFlame
Lifetime Suspension

Exp:

And the season got worse for Rafa et. al. today. It's a weird season this year in the Premier League and even in the Champions league.
JohnnyFlame is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2009, 03:30 PM   #109
Jagger
First Line Centre

Exp:

It's been a real trying season for the Reds. Injuries to the top players and indifferent form from any number of players has led to this shambolic start. I'm far from a Rafa fanboy but you really cannot put all of the blame on his shoulders much as some trolls are sure to do.

I hate to pin Liverpool's hopes on a fresh injection of cash from the Saudis but it sure would help give the squad more strength in depth. The Yanks really were the wrong choice for Moores to sell to. As a lifelong Liverpool fan I bet he has sleepless nights contemplating that decision.

Still, I remain a true Liverpool fan. Thick and thin and all that. Certain special supporters are welcome to join the United bandwagon. Still room there I'm sure. They have lots of plastic fans.

YNWA.
Old 10-20-2009, 06:54 PM   #110
The Special One
Lifetime Suspension

Exp:

I'm a true Liverpool supporter as well. I've been saying for months now that his is where the club is headed. Rafa needs to go, new owners need to come in, otherwise we'll always be second, third, or fourth best in the Premiership. We have a very thin bench and not enough quality players. Right now, you could axe everyone bar Torres and Gerrard and I would be totally fine with that.
Old 10-23-2009, 01:03 PM   #111
Bagor
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Security will be heightened at Anfield on Sunday as fans plan a march to protest against George Gillett and Tom Hicks' ownership of the club.
The Spirit of Shankly group hope thousands of fans will turn out ahead of the match against Manchester United.
"There is a lot of anger and people want their feelings known - Hicks and Gillett are not welcome at the club," spokesman James McKenna told BBC Sport.
"We hope a couple of thousand fans will turn out for the protest."
The march will start outside the Liverpool Supporters' Club on Lower Breck Road and will finish outside the Kop stand.
The Spirit of Shankly group believes about 4,000 fans turned out for a similar protest in September 2008, before Liverpool beat Manchester United 2-1 at Anfield.
The group is angry about the level of debt that the club has taken on since Hicks and Gillett took over in March 2007, while the team's on-field fortunes have also taken a slide in recent weeks.
http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport2/hi/foot...ol/8322220.stm

Since when did John McCain develop an interest in football?

Bagor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2009, 04:18 PM   #112
Nuje
Powerplay Quarterback

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Special One View Post
I'm a true Liverpool supporter as well. I've been saying for months now that his is where the club is headed. Rafa needs to go, new owners need to come in, otherwise we'll always be second, third, or fourth best in the Premiership. We have a very thin bench and not enough quality players. Right now, you could axe everyone bar Torres and Gerrard and I would be totally fine with that.
I wouldn't do a thing with Agger and Skrtel, I'd give Johnson a small talking to, but he's worth keeping. Also, anybody who even implies that Dirk Kuyt shouldn't have a spot is wrong.

.....having said all that, the past little while has been effing FRUSTRATING!!!
Old 10-24-2009, 09:41 AM   #113
The Special One
Lifetime Suspension

Exp:

Kuyt is a hard worker but he's another round peg trying to fit into a square hole. He's not quite a winger, not quite a striker. Playing him is a luxury Liverpool can't afford. I'd rather have a true winger play instead of him, someone like Aiden McGeady or Aaron Lennon.

Last edited by The Special One; 10-24-2009 at 09:44 AM.
Old 10-24-2009, 02:31 PM   #114
Jagger
First Line Centre

Exp:

Kuyt's likely the most consistent player that Liverpool have. He's more than just a hard worker. It's says something when he was the most maligned player among the Liverpool faithful for quite a while but you never hear boo from them now. The Kop recognize what a valuable player he is.
Old 10-24-2009, 03:02 PM   #115
The Special One
Lifetime Suspension

Exp:

Answer me this: what position does he play? He's a great player but not a traditional striker (too awkward) or a winger (not enough pace to beat the full back and put in the cross). Liverpool would have been better off keeping Robbie and putting him up front with Torres and buying a player like Lennon to play right wing.
Old 10-25-2009, 10:34 AM   #116
NBC
Account closed at user's request.

Exp:

2-0 to the Scousers. Good to see that Scottish git Fergie and his Red Devils get beat. Might actually be an interesting title race this season.
NBC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-2009, 04:49 PM   #117
Nuje
Powerplay Quarterback

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Special One View Post
Answer me this: what position does he play? He's a great player but not a traditional striker (too awkward) or a winger (not enough pace to beat the full back and put in the cross). Liverpool would have been better off keeping Robbie and putting him up front with Torres and buying a player like Lennon to play right wing.
Robbie had an awful stint here, and that's really a shame. It'd be nice...

However, Kuyt is a force, and he should stay. When him and Johnson are playing up to par (by that, I mean just Johnson...Kuyt is ALWAYS playing up to par) Liverpool's right side are capable of dismantling any sort of opposition.

Oh, and awesome, awesome morning for a Calgary Liverpool fan....beating the Mancs, and Calgary going 4-0 against Edmonton in all currently active sports this weekend.
Old 10-25-2009, 07:46 PM   #118
Jagger
First Line Centre

Exp:

Certain posters, usually quick off the draw after a defeat, are not as quick to post when Liverpool ends up beating that 'special' team from down the M62. Interesting that...

That was a much needed result to say the least. Always great to beat that lot. No beachballs in sight today thankfully.

Last edited by Jagger; 10-25-2009 at 07:58 PM.
Jagger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-2009, 10:28 PM   #119
ShotDownInFlames12
Scoring Winger

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jagger View Post
. No beachballs in sight today thankfully.
That's funny given what they were expecting.

http://www.tribalfootball.com/liverp...ell-out-391831

There were two thrown on, one in each half, but they were closer to the corner flag so they weren't really obvious.

Great game. Torres and Benayoun looked great. I was really surprised on Torres' goal that he didn't take a dive though and pushed through. Even watching the replay, I still can't believe he didn't go down.

I don't understand how people question Johnson. He has been one of our best players all year, and has been the best signing since Torres (well, guess that's not saying much) He's been absolute quality though.
ShotDownInFlames12 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-26-2009, 12:01 AM   #120
Razor Ruddock
Lifetime Suspension

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by ShotDownInFlames12 View Post
I don't understand how people question Johnson. He has been one of our best players all year, and has been the best signing since Torres.
I saw the match today and I must say that I thought he was very poor. Liverpool's worst player by far in fact.

Great ball from Benayoun to Torres. Great finish. Carragher should have been off long before Vidic, poor refereeing.

I don't understand how Benayoun isn't the first name on Rafa's team sheet every week. He plays great just about every time I watch Liverpool play. His vision and through balls are great.
Razor Ruddock is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
carra , gerrard , masch , torres , ynwa