Calgarypuck Forums - The Unofficial Calgary Flames Fan Community

Go Back   Calgarypuck Forums - The Unofficial Calgary Flames Fan Community > Main Forums > Fire on Ice: The Calgary Flames Forum
Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 10-30-2007, 11:47 PM   #101
Ro
#1 Goaltender

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Philly06Cup View Post
Note to Kiprusoffians -- you should chant "Kipper" when he makes a good save. With the exception of the last regular-season home game last year, when an "MVP" chant broke out in the last 2 minutes, I've never heard any chants for Kiprusoff: that shouldn't happen. I want to hear a Kipper chant started up the Dome.
While you're right that it hasn't happened very recently, you'll hear the "Kip-per! Kip-per!" chant a bunch of times this year at the 'Dome. Usually after a flurry of saves. It was common in 2003-04, but seems to have declined a little each year for some reason. It will be back.
Ro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2007, 11:52 PM   #102
JerzeeGirl
First Line Centre

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by CaptainCrunch View Post
A reading from the book of victory...

Then with one hand he plucked a mighty oak from the ground and fashioned a mighty sword, and with the other he plucked a cow and rammed his hand up into it making a mighty mit and he nodded to his followers and said none but one shall pass.
Okay this sounds like the Mike Richards version of Miikka as opposed to the mighty and hallowed Kipper who deserves all honours and exhortations of glory heaped upon his name......(plus that visual is a little creepy.... )
JerzeeGirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2007, 11:58 PM   #103
Nehkara
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
A reading from the book of victory

And thus our great and noble savior accepted our sacrifice and our tears and $35 million pieces of gold, he put down his roots and looked about and said that this land was good.

Then with one hand he plucked a mighty oak from the ground and fashioned a mighty sword, and with the other he plucked a cow and rammed his hand up into it making a mighty mit and he nodded to his followers and said none but one shall pass. Then he looked at one small child who looked sad and he said what botherest you? And the child despaired as he had been seduced by the tepid Oil, having been sold into its service by a father bothered by mead and woman with bruises on her legs.

And Kipper took pity on the child and said, here onto you is a flames jersey to soak up your despair, and the child was contented.

but Kipper had a longeth journey, and he traveled to a village and he saw villagers who had been crippled by fear and doubt. And Kipper dined with them and found out that above all they feared on this night the return of the Predator, a foul beast who devoured souls and hitteth the villagers from behind. And Kipper said to them, do not fear what you fear the most, I will slay the foul Predator, and with his mighty sword and his cow glove, Kipper pulled a mountain to him and fashioned a mask which he wreathed in fire and skulls.

And when the Predator returned to the village that night, it faced not a village of scared people, but their god and protector. But there is no greater plotter then our savior, and though the beast attacked, and roared and flung 39 stones against the almighty, the village held and the Predator slung off into the woods in search of an easier prey, like a whale, or a puddle of Oil.

And as the village celebrated and feasted and createth babies, the Kipper meditated, because he knew that the war drums were beating in the form of a winged wheel, and he steeled himself.
Best. Post. Evar!

Mods: + skill for this man.

Huge thanks to Dion for the signature!
Nehkara is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-31-2007, 12:34 AM   #104
Incinerator
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
A reading from the book of victory...

And as the village celebrated and feasted and createth babies, the Kipper meditated, because he knew that the war drums were beating in the form of a winged wheel, and he steeled himself.
We should name this guy the Archbishop of the Church of Kiprusoffarians
Incinerator is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-31-2007, 01:52 AM   #105
Incinerator
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Salt Water Cowboy #10 View Post
Someone needs to make shirts!!! Ignition screenworks where are you?? do it, do it now!
Like this?

http://www.printfection.com/kiprusoffarians
Incinerator is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-31-2007, 01:56 AM   #106
Reggie Dunlop
All I can get

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Incinerator View Post
We should name this guy the Archbishop of the Church of Kiprusoffarians
Chaplain. That should be the title under his name. For he is but a Lay Minister.
Reggie Dunlop is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-31-2007, 10:54 AM   #107
Nehkara
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Oh that's just awesome... I might be purchasing!

Huge thanks to Dion for the signature!
Nehkara is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-31-2007, 12:12 PM   #108
Cheese
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Haha...thats excellent Incinerator!
Cheese is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-31-2007, 12:25 PM   #109
Salt Water Cowboy #10
Scoring Winger

Exp:

Quote:
A reading from the book of victory

And thus our great and noble savior accepted our sacrifice and our tears and $35 million pieces of gold, he put down his roots and looked about and said that this land was good.

Then with one hand he plucked a mighty oak from the ground and fashioned a mighty sword, and with the other he plucked a cow and rammed his hand up into it making a mighty mit and he nodded to his followers and said none but one shall pass. Then he looked at one small child who looked sad and he said what botherest you? And the child despaired as he had been seduced by the tepid Oil, having been sold into its service by a father bothered by mead and woman with bruises on her legs.

And Kipper took pity on the child and said, here onto you is a flames jersey to soak up your despair, and the child was contented.

but Kipper had a longeth journey, and he traveled to a village and he saw villagers who had been crippled by fear and doubt. And Kipper dined with them and found out that above all they feared on this night the return of the Predator, a foul beast who devoured souls and hitteth the villagers from behind. And Kipper said to them, do not fear what you fear the most, I will slay the foul Predator, and with his mighty sword and his cow glove, Kipper pulled a mountain to him and fashioned a mask which he wreathed in fire and skulls.

And when the Predator returned to the village that night, it faced not a village of scared people, but their god and protector. But there is no greater plotter then our savior, and though the beast attacked, and roared and flung 39 stones against the almighty, the village held and the Predator slung off into the woods in search of an easier prey, like a whale, or a puddle of Oil.

Ahh yes, Psalm #34. A brilliant passage. The faith is thus expanding.
Salt Water Cowboy #10 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-31-2007, 12:27 PM   #110
Saddledome
Backup Goalie

Exp:

That rules. I am in. Well done.
Old 10-31-2007, 12:48 PM   #111
CaptainCrunch
Norm!

Exp:

Stay tuned for Wednesday nights sermon which features readings from the letter of Kipprusoff to Thomas Holmstrom.

There will be many life lessons in that one.

8:00 at the church of Kipprusoff

Look on my Works, ye Mighty, and despair!
CaptainCrunch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2007, 10:01 AM   #112
Marv
Lifetime Suspension

Location: Even though I've been banned for a month, I can still post messages in this space. Interesting...
Exp:

I just really felt this thread deserved a bump considering how much Kipper is getting dumped on right now. This man is the reason for the resurrection of the Calgary Flames and has been phenomenal in his time here. If he is to struggle this season, even if it means missing the playoffs, I will support him to the end and know he will bounce back next season. Every one who has declared him "garbage" or demanded he be traded while he still has trade value, shame on everyone of you faithless people.

"Yea, even though the Flames walk through the valley of mediocrity and the mighty Kipprusoff suffer the slings and arrows of the fallen and faithless, take heart dear followers and rejoice for his second coming is at hand! Do not be tempted into faithlessness by the false prophets of doom decrying his fall from grace! Instead, cast their insipid half-truths into the pit of babbling nonsense and hold fast to your faith, for only the faithful shall be rewarded. Amen and long live the Kipprusoff!"
Marv is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2007, 10:06 AM   #113
The Ditch
First Line Centre

Exp:

It's funny to look at this thread and see how happy we were with Kipper and than to look at the threads now and see how we aren't (good reason to not be happy). It really is a "what have you done for me lately" mentality in sports.
The Ditch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2007, 10:08 AM   #114
North East Goon
Lifetime Suspension

Exp:

In the immortal words of the nipple bearer:

"Mmmm What have you done for me lately"
North East Goon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2007, 10:13 AM   #115
Marv
Lifetime Suspension

Location: Even though I've been banned for a month, I can still post messages in this space. Interesting...
Exp:

Quote:
It really is a "what have you done for me lately" mentality in sports.
Which is stupid. He's played 200+ games for this team, taken them to a Stanley Cup final, won a divisional title, a Vezina and Jennings trophy winner and considered one of the top three goalies in the league. Now he struggles for the first 25 games of ONE season and he's suddenly garbage and should be traded? People are stupid.
Old 12-03-2007, 10:16 AM   #116
The Ditch
First Line Centre

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marv View Post
Which is stupid. He's played 200+ games for this team, taken them to a Stanley Cup final, won a divisional title, a Vezina and Jennings trophy winner and considered one of the top three goalies in the league. Now he struggles for the first 25 games of ONE season and he's suddenly garbage and should be traded? People are stupid.
I agree 100%, he will come around eventually and this thread will get 100 more posts on how awesome Kipper is.
The Ditch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2007, 10:51 AM   #117
Marv
Lifetime Suspension

Exp:

Well, I'm keeping track of the people currently calling for his head on a stick and if they try crawling back with their tails between their legs when he bounces back, they'll be getting an earful, believe me.
Old 12-03-2007, 11:36 AM   #118
tripin_billie
#1 Goaltender

Exp:

Here here. Sure, Kipper has not played anywhere near to where he can this year, but honestly, look at his performance in last year's playoffs. Without him, the Flames lose 7-0 every game in a 4 game sweep. The guy will get his game back up. But I don't think this is a Calgary specific thing, goalies are on the front line of scapegoats.
tripin_billie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2007, 01:20 PM   #119
CaptainCrunch
Norm!

Exp:

(in light of the rough sketch, I thought that a reading by the reverund Crucn was warranted)

A reading from the book of roadbumps

And our lord in his journey had hit a fork in the road. For he had for the longest time devored the sweet nector of victory and vengence. He had enjoyed the love of the people, and had thus the people came to him. For a time, the crops were abundant, the slovenly were swept aside, and the breasts were abundant.

But the lord great Kipper could not go through eternity without being tempted and tested. And one day the Saviour came to him in the shape of farmer whom he had known. This farmer who had a plentiful family placed in front of the Kipper a mighty purse filled with gold, and the Saviour said "Take of this gold and and rejoice, for the people have spoken and desire for you to stay in the meadow of fire for a whilst longer."

And the Kipper muled over this gift as to decide how best to serve his congregation and decided that yes he would like to say for while his choices were plentiful, he didn't want to play in a oil besotted hell hole, or in the belly of a sick and festering whale.

And so he stayed, and the people as one rejoiced for the Kipper giveth, and the people receiveth.

But the farmer paid our lord with gold cursed, and the mighty Kipper struggled, and while the curse didn't affect his visage, it madeth him ugly in other ways. And he knew that his sin was not oneth of pride, for a goaltending god is never proud, but his sin was one of confidence, for one by one his followers began to turn, and the Kipper was thrown into the pit of despair. But the lord Kipper was a plotter and gods are the cleverist of plotters, and he began to shape his plan to wineth the people and his confidence back, and he stoodeth in front of the fork road where souls can be damned to the eternal pit of Carey, or giveth the mantel and the keys to the hall. He only hath to choose correctly, and he turned to the man standing behind him who had been cursed to the reduction of all his hairs to the side and a rage that rang throughout the valleys of hell, and he sayeth to this man "Why has my skills and talents betrayed me, and why am I consigned to be measured against this pile of cursed gold". And the man looked at him, while the fires of hell poured fourth from his steely glaze and he spoketh with a voice that was both level but could destroy the weaker angels and said "This my son, is the fault of no one but you, but take my hand and believe in what you were, and you will once again climb the mountain to the highest peak, and all those that have abandoned you and treated you as the cause of the worldly woes will crawl back, begging the forgiveness of the almighthy."

Look on my Works, ye Mighty, and despair!

Last edited by CaptainCrunch; 12-03-2007 at 01:22 PM.
CaptainCrunch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2007, 01:59 PM   #120
Coach
Franchise Player

Exp:

while i agree with what you guys are saying, i dont see anything wrong with critizism when its due, and its definitly due right now.