Calgarypuck Forums - The Unofficial Calgary Flames Fan Community

Go Back   Calgarypuck Forums - The Unofficial Calgary Flames Fan Community > Main Forums > Fire on Ice: The Calgary Flames Forum
Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

View Poll Results: The Atlantic Lindholm Trade Proposals - Pick All You Would Accept
Boston: 2025 1st, Poitras, Trent Frederic 118 46.09%
Colorado: 2024 1st, Calum Ritchie. Logan O'connor 147 57.42%
Dallas: 2024 1st, Mavrik Bourque, Sam Steel 112 43.75%
Vancouver: Nils Hoglander, Kuzmenko, 2024 1st 99 38.67%
Vegas: 2024 2nd, David Edstrom Brett Howden 25 9.77%
Winnipg: 2024 1st, Chaz Lucius, Mason Appleton 75 29.30%
Multiple Choice Poll. Voters: 256. You may not vote on this poll

Old 01-29-2024, 03:41 PM   #101
Cali Panthers Fan
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by FlamesAreOne View Post
Kuzmenko scored 39 goals and 35 assists last year, and people don't have Van as 1 A/B?

Dang.
That season was a mirage. Look at his whole career and his shooting percentage last year.
Cali Panthers Fan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2024, 03:43 PM   #102
gvitaly
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Locke View Post
Sounds like it wouldnt have helped.
Yeah, I can't say I have much experience in reading those.
gvitaly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2024, 03:48 PM   #103
Locke
Franchise Player

Exp:

I'm just going to say a few things.

1. Pick the one you think is going be highest.

2. Out of all of these players? I've never heard of a goddamned one of them.

3. I dont give much of a crap about Winnipeg either, but at least I can spell it.

This Post Has Been Distilled for the Eradication of Seemingly Incurable Sadness.

If you are flammable and have legs, you are never blocking a Fire Exit. - Mitch Hedberg
Locke is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2024, 03:48 PM   #104
stemit14
First Line Centre

Exp:

Any of those would be a fantastic return for Lindholm. Like others have said, I think it’s unlikely to get returns this good. But you never know I guess… could be a year where some teams get desperate and pay a premium price. The Colorado return is probably my favourite of them all. O’Connor has great speed and Ritchie has potential to turn into a solid 2nd/3rd line center.
stemit14 is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to stemit14 For This Useful Post:
Old 01-29-2024, 04:05 PM   #105
Jiri Hrdina
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by dammage79 View Post
You talking about Lambert? 20 year old Brad Lambert? Seems he's committed himself quite well since the draft. Almost a PPG in the AHL.

My reckoning is you wanylt some scoring skill at a position you need and happens to be a RHS. I think of all the prospects he's the most likely to hit the floor at the NHL level. Only one I'd take over Lambert is Callum Ritchie who has all the same attributes.
Lambert though is still wildly inconsistent and turn on and off his effort. I get the upside, but I don't know if he'll figure it out.
Jiri Hrdina is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2024, 04:07 PM   #106
Jiri Hrdina
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by TrentCrimmIndependent View Post
Has nothing to do with that.

He doesn't want to see the Canucks overpay (package in OP) so he's arguing no one will overpay because it suits his preferred outcome as a Canuck fans so he's playing the angle that fans here would be dumb to believe or attach any hope to the listed trades.

But there are trades like those in that list every year, so it isn't NOT a possibility. It always is. You can list a few every single deadline.

So he's playing wet blanket on the thread. But no matter how much he wants to spin the angle that suits his interests as a Canucks fan it has no bearing on how this plays out, and there are a lot of ways it can, including milking a return not dissimilar to these.

Rather than blindly playing white knight for your buddy maybe look deeper because you're clearly not getting it. Yes, we know what Blaster is and how he normally is which is a fine member here, but in this case he has vested interest and it's obvious. But it's detracting rather than adding to the discussion because he wont entertain a thread about a very positive outcome for the flames and that's what's being discussed.

It's frankly a conversation he's better left sitting out of because it isn't playing to the outcome he evidently is seeking.

It's not about prodding a guy out the door just cause he's not a flames fan.
We all have a vested interest. His is just different. I find that hearing the perspective of non Flames fans, or from the other side from the fan of a team showing interest, is quite interesting and balances things a little.

So saying he's better left sitting out is a brutal take.

He's being pretty respectful in how he's participating and offering insights from the POV of a Canuck fan.

The posters we have on this site, who are fans of other teams but choose to contribute to the conversation, are part of the reason I come here.

Seems like something you should be able to handle without trying to run him out of the thread.
The Following User Says Thank You to Jiri Hrdina For This Useful Post:
Old 01-29-2024, 04:13 PM   #107
FanIn80
GOAT!

Exp:

Blaster, Cali, OilStain, Outofthecube, Philly and the one from CHI are infintely more tolerable than at least a handful of the Flames fans here.

Edit: Although that may or may not be saying much, lol.
FanIn80 is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to FanIn80 For This Useful Post:
Old 01-29-2024, 04:17 PM   #108
#-3
#1 Goaltender

Exp:

Haven't read the tread assume others have said it. But I like the poetry of drafting Iginla with Dallas's first. Make it so.

I do recognize hes having a season and has the name recognition that he probably doesn't make it to a playoff team.
#-3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2024, 04:18 PM   #109
FanIn80
GOAT!

Exp:

Where is Iggy slated, anyway?
The Following User Says Thank You to FanIn80 For This Useful Post:
#-3
Old 01-29-2024, 04:20 PM   #110
dammage79
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by FanIn80 View Post
Where is Iggy slated, anyway?
Right now? Early teens to early 20s depending on which list you go by.
Old 01-29-2024, 04:22 PM   #111
Samonadreau
Franchise Player

Exp:

Colorado hands down.
Samonadreau is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2024, 04:24 PM   #112
FanIn80
GOAT!

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by dammage79 View Post
Right now? Early teens to early 20s depending on which list you go by.
I just googled "2024 nhld draft rankings" and this link was one of the top results: https://www.tankathon.com/nhl/big_board

They have him at 17th, and their mock draft tool has Dallas picking in mid-high 20s.

Edit: I wonder if anyone will take a swing on him in the top 10 though, with the allure of "what if..."

Last edited by FanIn80; 01-29-2024 at 04:26 PM.
Old 01-29-2024, 04:26 PM   #113
GioforPM
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
I just googled "2024 nhld draft rankings" and this link was one of the top results: https://www.tankathon.com/nhl/big_board

They have him at 17th, and their mock draft tool has Dallas picking in mid-high 20s.
If Calgary picks in the low teens do they take him anyway? Or maybe trade an 11th for a 16th plus a 2nd? I guess it depends on the list, the tiers, etc.
GioforPM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2024, 04:27 PM   #114
Flamesfan05
#1 Goaltender

Exp:

Quote:
I'm more on the side of people who are actually paid to scout/coach/manage the 32 NHL teams having more understanding and insight into what Lindholm brings to a team than the average poster on CP.

I'll never understand how a fanbase can be so high on Backlund while simultaneously crapping on Lindholm. Lindy is literally a substantially better (in all areas) Backlund, and has also been cheaper than Backlund for the entire time we've had him.
If it makes you feel better, any of these packages would have been a good return for Backlund too.

These are good returns for rental

But no worries, we will soon find out what the rest of the NHL think of Lindholm ?
Flamesfan05 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2024, 04:34 PM   #115
GioforPM
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
I'm more on the side of people who are actually paid to scout/coach/manage the 32 NHL teams having more understanding and insight into what Lindholm brings to a team than the average poster on CP.

I'll never understand how a fanbase can be so high on Backlund while simultaneously crapping on Lindholm. Lindy is literally a substantially better (in all areas) Backlund, and has also been cheaper than Backlund for the entire time we've had him.
Not next year.

And TBF, Backlund current deal was signed as a pending UFA. His last RFA contract was at $3.45M and the one before that was $1.5M. Neither with significant term. Lindy signed one RFA contract for $4.85 coming from another team that didn't want to give him that (as a 44 point winger).
GioforPM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2024, 04:34 PM   #116
FanIn80
GOAT!

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by GioforPM View Post
If Calgary picks in the low teens do they take him anyway? Or maybe trade an 11th for a 16th plus a 2nd? I guess it depends on the list, the tiers, etc.
Yeah that's a fair point. I mean, I can see Calgary going for Yakemchuk if we're picking in low teens, which I would be on board with, but I'd also be very on board with the possibility of just going for it with Tij.

That's a kid with Hall of Fame blood in his veins who's also been raised to be a solid upstanding guy.
Old 01-29-2024, 04:50 PM   #117
FlamesAddiction
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:

Edit: I wonder if anyone will take a swing on him in the top 10 though, with the allure of "what if..."
I simmed the draft 4 times. The first 3 had the Flames picking Zeev Buium at 7th spot. The 4th time had the Flames winning the lottery and getting Celebrini.

/cool story
Old 01-29-2024, 04:56 PM   #118
FanIn80
GOAT!

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by FlamesAddiction View Post
I simmed the draft 4 times. The first 3 had the Flames picking Zeev Buium at 7th spot. The 4th time had the Flames winning the lottery and getting Celebrini.

/cool story
A+++. Would read again.
Old 01-29-2024, 04:57 PM   #119
Jiri Hrdina
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Yeah that's a fair point. I mean, I can see Calgary going for Yakemchuk if we're picking in low teens, which I would be on board with, but I'd also be very on board with the possibility of just going for it with Tij.

That's a kid with Hall of Fame blood in his veins who's also been raised to be a solid upstanding guy.
I maintain that if you are in the top 10, you gotta come away with a D or C.
I think Tij starts to be in the conversation at 12/13ish.
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Jiri Hrdina For This Useful Post:
Old 01-29-2024, 05:02 PM   #120
dino7c
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Blaster, Cali, OilStain, Outofthecube, Philly and the one from CHI are infintely more tolerable than at least a handful of the Flames fans here.

Edit: Although that may or may not be saying much, lol.
Especially when their teams go on a losing streak and they don't come here anymore.

(To be fair that isn't all of them)