Calgarypuck Forums - The Unofficial Calgary Flames Fan Community

Go Back   Calgarypuck Forums - The Unofficial Calgary Flames Fan Community > Main Forums > The Off Topic Forum
Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 11-24-2021, 07:33 PM   #101
Scroopy Noopers
Pent-up

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Knightslayer View Post
It's not damning at all. Not like I claimed soldiers were pissing in a mosque. It's literally a guy speaking in broken english and showing the mosque in a field.

I said there was a mosque being used in training exercises. Honestly doesn't bother me that much. Just thought it was weird and could be seen as disrespectful to associate someone's place of worship with terrorism.
But that isn’t what’s happening…
Scroopy Noopers is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Scroopy Noopers For This Useful Post:
Old 11-24-2021, 07:35 PM   #102
Knightslayer
Lifetime Suspension

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by GGG View Post
I mean you are implying this is an ignorant thing to do and continue to in subsequent posts. You appear to be trying to create outrage where none are. You use the word train their troops on terrorism and not train their troops for deployment.

You are intentionally trying to rule people up. This isn’t an honest discussion post. Perhaps you are not aware of how your headline, and subsequent post reads. It reads like a Fox News style post.
Who am I trying to rile up? That is a laughable claim. My headline is 100% true. Not a fox headline at all.

They are being used for anti-terrorism measures. Soldiers aren't learning how to pray in them. Nothing I've said is untrue.
Knightslayer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-24-2021, 07:43 PM   #103
PaperBagger'14
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by ResAlien View Post
Buddy the video 100% exists it just can’t be posted here because reasons. The only copy in the world is held by these hunting friends who stumbled across a Canadian military exercise. This is a conspiracy that reaches to the highest levels of government and that they were able to escape the clutches of the vicious Canadian military with their lives intact is a testament to their bravery.
Is this where Trudeau plays dress up? I can see why there would be high security measures and that it can't get posted.
PaperBagger'14 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-24-2021, 07:46 PM   #104
PaperBagger'14
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
It's not damning at all. Not like I claimed soldiers were pissing in a mosque. It's literally a guy speaking in broken english and showing the mosque in a field.

I said there was a mosque being used in training exercises. Honestly doesn't bother me that much. Just thought it was weird and could be seen as disrespectful to associate someone's place of worship with terrorism.
Then nut up or shut up and post it. Asking people for their feelings on something that may or may not exist is ridiculous.
Old 11-24-2021, 07:47 PM   #105
V
Franchise Player

Exp:

Always fun watching squiggs out a returning poster.
V is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 8 Users Say Thank You to V For This Useful Post:
Old 11-24-2021, 07:49 PM   #106
PepsiFree
Participant
Participant

Exp:

Quote:
Who am I trying to rile up? That is a laughable claim. My headline is 100% true. Not a fox headline at all.

They are being used for anti-terrorism measures. Soldiers aren't learning how to pray in them. Nothing I've said is untrue.
“Army builds replica mosque to train troops on terrorism”

is not the same as

“Army builds replica Afghani village to train troops fighting terrorism in Afghanistan.”

You singled out one building, and “on terrorism” means training on the act of terrorism. Therefore whether intentional or not, you’re suggesting they built a mosque to teach troops about terrorism.

You then proceeded to call it ignorant and when people explained how innocuous it was and how you were incorrect or at very least without any evidence at all, you doubled down and called it disrespectful.

In the most generous of interpretations, you played this one dumb.
PepsiFree is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to PepsiFree For This Useful Post:
Old 11-24-2021, 07:50 PM   #107
Knightslayer
Lifetime Suspension

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by PaperBagger'14 View Post
Then nut up or shut up and post it. Asking people for their feelings on something that may or may not exist is ridiculous.
Are you being purposely obtuse? It already has been proven without video.

Did you read the thread? Did you see the google images in Wainwright? If not, I suggest you read a thread before being outraged.
Old 11-24-2021, 07:52 PM   #108
Knightslayer
Lifetime Suspension

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by PepsiFree View Post
“Army builds replica mosque to train troops on terrorism”

is not the same as

“Army builds replica Afghani village to train troops fighting terrorism in Afghanistan.”

You singled out one building, and “on terrorism” means training on the act of terrorism. Therefore whether intentional or not, you’re suggesting they built a mosque to teach troops about terrorism.

You then proceeded to call it ignorant and when people explained how innocuous it was and how you were incorrect or at very least without any evidence at all, you doubled down and called it disrespectful.

In the most generous of interpretations, you played this one dumb.

First off I didn't even know it was a village. I was told it was a mosque and video only showed a Mosque so wasn't playing dumb at all. You just need to put your 2 cents in everything.

Go insult more people in the Kyle Rittenhouse thread.
Old 11-24-2021, 07:55 PM   #109
Ducay
Franchise Player

Exp:

This thread is a good microcosm of society on the internet writ large these days.
Ducay is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Ducay For This Useful Post:
Old 11-24-2021, 07:59 PM   #110
PaperBagger'14
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Are you being purposely obtuse? It already has been proven without video.

Did you read the thread? Did you see the google images in Wainwright? If not, I suggest you read a thread before being outraged.
Oh so a c can? That's a mosque look alike?
Old 11-24-2021, 08:01 PM   #111
Knightslayer
Lifetime Suspension

Exp:

Quote:
Oh so a c can? That's a mosque look alike?
With a dome and crescent on top. What would you call that?
Old 11-24-2021, 08:01 PM   #112
iggy_oi
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:

I thought it was interesting that your friends were allowed to be hunting(presumably with firearms or some other forms of weapons) in the vicinity of a military training facility. Even more interesting that they then approached an “army commander” who happened to be at a training facility and he/she was more than happy to just shoot the breeze with them and answer their questions.

Sounds like a once in a lifetime opportunity for everyone involved.
iggy_oi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-24-2021, 08:02 PM   #113
PaperBagger'14
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
With a dome and crescent on top. What would you call that?
A decorated c can
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to PaperBagger'14 For This Useful Post:
Old 11-24-2021, 08:03 PM   #114
PepsiFree
Participant
Participant

Exp:

Quote:
First off I didn't even know it was a village. I was told it was a mosque and video only showed a Mosque so wasn't playing dumb at all. You just need to put your 2 cents in everything.

Go insult more people in the Kyle Rittenhouse thread.
So what it is? It’s ok your original post was wrong because you didn’t know it was a village (among everything else)? Or it’s 100% right? Both can’t be true.

And I’m enjoying this thread too at the moment, thanks. I’ll post where I please
PepsiFree is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-24-2021, 08:03 PM   #115
Knightslayer
Lifetime Suspension

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by iggy_oi View Post
I thought it was interesting that your friends were allowed to be hunting(presumably with firearms or some other forms of weapons) in the vicinity of a military training facility. Even more interesting that they then approached an “army commander” who happened to be at a training facility and he/she was more than happy to just shoot the breeze with them and answer their questions.

Sounds like a once in a lifetime opportunity for everyone involved.
Yeah you can hunt on crown land and other areas near army bases. Do you hunt?

Also they called someone, who then put them in touch with an army commander. They didn't just approach a army commander. You made that up, not me.
Old 11-24-2021, 08:06 PM   #116
Knightslayer
Lifetime Suspension

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by PepsiFree View Post
So what it is? It’s ok your original post was wrong because you didn’t know it was a village (among everything else)? Or it’s 100% right? Both can’t be true.

And I’m enjoying this thread too at the moment, thanks. I’ll post where I please
Nope everything I said was right. Didn't matter that it was part of a village just correcting you when you said I purposely was playing dumb and created the thread title like that for ulterior motives.

You can post wherever you'd like just please refrain from PMing me again. I don't respect you as a poster and don't want you PMing for any reason.
Old 11-24-2021, 08:06 PM   #117
Knightslayer
Lifetime Suspension

Exp:

Quote:
A decorated c can
That looks like?
Old 11-24-2021, 08:07 PM   #118
ResAlien
Lifetime In Suspension

Exp:

“Hello operator? Put me in touch with the army commander. Thank you”
ResAlien is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 14 Users Say Thank You to ResAlien For This Useful Post:
Old 11-24-2021, 08:07 PM   #119
monkeyman
First Line Centre

Exp:

I think the good thing about threads like this, is it can bring understanding and add perspective. Thanks to information from posters like undercoverbrother, Knightslayer can go back to his friends, who were offended and explain to them the purpose of such buildings in training exercises.
Old 11-24-2021, 08:08 PM   #120
V
Franchise Player

Exp:

Yup, I totally see that as the likely outcome here.
V is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to V For This Useful Post: