Calgarypuck Forums - The Unofficial Calgary Flames Fan Community

Go Back   Calgarypuck Forums - The Unofficial Calgary Flames Fan Community > Main Forums > Fire on Ice: The Calgary Flames Forum
Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 04-19-2021, 10:18 PM   #101
bubbsy
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Red View Post
What did he say?
Commented on how the d played slow all game. Regarding the pp, said passing too slow bad shot/pass decisions, and commented on how the same guys just kept turning it over all game and on the pp(fan guys ventured to state that was a shot directly at #13 and #19 who led team in turnovers)...
bubbsy is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to bubbsy For This Useful Post:
Old 04-19-2021, 10:18 PM   #102
Savvy27
#1 Goaltender

Exp:

This has been a really bad season. One of the worst I can remember. Not much else to say.

It's a 3-2 league and they average 2.60 goals per game. They just don't score enough.

I really didn't like Gaudreau's game tonight. Looked like he was really avoiding contact and not challenging the middle at all when he had the puck.
Savvy27 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2021, 10:19 PM   #103
mile
Franchise Player

Exp:

If I had to rate the top forwards under Sutter:
1. Lindholm

2. Gaudreau
3. Monahan

4. Tkachuk

Since a rebuild isn't likely going a happen, what's the best way to re-tool?

Gaudreau struggled at first, but has looked better over the last 10 games like Sutter has recently said. Him and Lindholm have looked good together, I don't see an effort issue like some have said. Not saying that Gaudreau is untouchable (no one on this team is), but I'm not sure you get better by dealing a talent like Gaudreau. If what Steinberg is saying is true about him wanting to re-sign here and it can be done at a reasonable price, I would consider it and look to move Monahan and Tkachuk. But if I had to guess I think him and Monahan will probably be dealt because of their ages.

With Monahan, I think his attention to detail on D has been better under Sutter, and he's been praised for his effort and commitment. But even with those things I just don't think he's good enough. See if you can package him in a deal for a better center or a similar caliber player with a different skillset.

If Tkachuk isn't dealt, he might have to see a sports psychologist because he's looked like a completely different player after the Muzzin incident and hasn't handled the high-pressure situations well. Even in games when he is producing, he hasn't been an impact player at all this year. Not winning battles below the hash marks like he used to and consistently making. Biggest disappointment for me as he hasn't responded at all under Sutter.
mile is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to mile For This Useful Post:
Old 04-19-2021, 10:19 PM   #104
Dion
Not a casual user

Exp:

https://twitter.com/user/status/1384360450654052356
Old 04-19-2021, 10:20 PM   #105
Red
Lifetime Suspension

Exp:

If Monahan and Tkachuk miss the next game, are the Flames worse off.

Any decent ahler with a pulse can do as well as them, no? That's 15mil next year.
Red is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2021, 10:20 PM   #106
Wolfman
First Line Centre

Exp:

I haven't seen that many turnovers in one night since was 9 years old at grandma's.
Old 04-19-2021, 10:21 PM   #107
zamler
Lifetime Suspension

Exp:

Can't believe I entertained the idea this core could play respectable hockey. They are lazy soft slow stupid hockey players.
zamler is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to zamler For This Useful Post:
Old 04-19-2021, 10:21 PM   #108
taxbuster
First Line Centre

Exp:

Oooh...Sutter was pissed. Not the Jolly Rancher. I wouldn't like to be a few of those guys....
taxbuster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2021, 10:25 PM   #109
Classic_Sniper
#1 Goaltender

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by GioforPM View Post
Said it on the Lindholm goal - he cut to the middle and the play developed. He used to do that, and he doesn’t any more.
So why did he decide to do it today?

A winger can only cut to the middle going east-west if he has the time or space to do. With Lindholm cutting through the middle, he takes defenders with him and thus opens up space for Gaudreau to make a hard cut towards the center. Monahan hasn’t done that for Gaudreau very much this season. So it’s been a double or triple team that he’s faced most of this season.

I don’t think anyone should be throwing shade at this line right now either, they’re the only reason the Flames are scoring at all. They look dangerous off the rush while every other line is just firing point shots hoping it’ll bounce off something and in.
Classic_Sniper is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Classic_Sniper For This Useful Post:
Old 04-19-2021, 10:26 PM   #110
tvp2003
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by taxbuster View Post
Oooh...Sutter was pissed. Not the Jolly Rancher. I wouldn't like to be a few of those guys....
They have three days until their next game. Let the bag skate begin.
tvp2003 is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to tvp2003 For This Useful Post:
Old 04-19-2021, 10:27 PM   #111
KootenayFlamesFan
Commie Referee

Exp:

It's neat Sutter is upset, but this team is as bad, if not worse, under him than Ward.

Hopefully what he's seeing is setting the table for next season, because he isn't the savior for this season that some fans were hoping for. This team really isn't responding to him at all.
KootenayFlamesFan is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to KootenayFlamesFan For This Useful Post:
Old 04-19-2021, 10:29 PM   #112
dino7c
Franchise Player

Exp:

Lucic has played hard and its awesome he got the silver stick but I hope he has had enough and retires
Old 04-19-2021, 10:31 PM   #113
DeluxeMoustache

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by dino7c View Post
Lucic has played hard and its awesome he got the silver stick but I hope he has had enough and retires

Yeah, he was the issue tonight
DeluxeMoustache is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to DeluxeMoustache For This Useful Post:
Old 04-19-2021, 10:33 PM   #114
dino7c
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by DeluxeMoustache View Post
Yeah, he was the issue tonight
When did I say that? He got his silver stick tonight and most of his actual dollars are already paid. I was just listening to his interview and wondering if he really wants to play another 82 when he is already set for life.

5.25M bottom six player...I would love him at a reasonable price but that isn't possible.

Last edited by dino7c; 04-19-2021 at 10:36 PM.
dino7c is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2021, 10:35 PM   #115
Joborule
Franchise Player

Exp:

How the #### does a team lose to the Senators SIX out of eight times in a season!?

####ing pathetic! The clearest indictment to blow the core up completely when they can't even do the easiest task possible in make the playoffs: beat the beatable teams.

Only forward worth keeping for certain is Lindholm. REALLY hope there's multiple changes to the core this off season.
Joborule is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2021, 10:36 PM   #116
flames_fan_down_under
I believe in the Jays.

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by KootenayFlamesFan View Post
It's neat Sutter is upset, but this team is as bad, if not worse, under him than Ward.

Hopefully what he's seeing is setting the table for next season, because he isn't the savior for this season that some fans were hoping for. This team really isn't responding to him at all.
Ya this is kind of the elephant in the room right now.

Doesn't seem like Sutter is getting much of anything out of this team.
flames_fan_down_under is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2021, 10:37 PM   #117
JurassicTunga12
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by KootenayFlamesFan View Post

Yeah. I think that's what he is doing.

The fact that most of these players(especially looking at the core), outside a few, aren't really responding to one of the more successful coaches in the league is big time yikes. Get these guys out of here if they aren't willing to listen and put in the work consistently. Most of what we've seen is soft, lazy, loser hockey from most of this group, especially in the big games.

Last edited by JurassicTunga12; 04-19-2021 at 10:39 PM.
JurassicTunga12 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2021, 10:37 PM   #118
DeluxeMoustache

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by dino7c View Post
When did I say that? He got his silver stick tonight and most of his actual dollars are already paid.

5M bottom six player...I would love him at a reasonable price but that isn't possible.

Meh, normally if you talk about a player in a game focused thread it is somewhat related to the game

If Kerouac style stream of consciousness is your bag, it makes a lot of sense

Carry on
Old 04-19-2021, 10:38 PM   #119
DeluxeMoustache

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Joborule View Post
How the #### does a team lose to the Senators SIX out of eight times in a season!?

####ing pathetic! The clearest indictment to blow the core up completely when they can't even do the easiest task possible in make the playoffs: beat the beatable teams.

Only forward worth keeping for certain is Lindholm. REALLY hope there's multiple changes to the core this off season.

Hm. Think Matthew is as mad at being shown up by his brother as by Jake Muzzin?
Old 04-19-2021, 10:38 PM   #120
dino7c
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by DeluxeMoustache View Post
Meh, normally if you talk about a player in a game focused thread it is somewhat related to the game

If Kerouac style stream of consciousness is your bag, it makes a lot of sense

Carry on
god you are an #######

He got his silver stick tonight...1000 games was probably something he wanted to accomplish. I wonder if he hangs em' up.

Silver stick is certainly relevant to the game tonight

Last edited by dino7c; 04-19-2021 at 10:44 PM.
dino7c is offline   Reply With Quote