Calgarypuck Forums - The Unofficial Calgary Flames Fan Community

Go Back   Calgarypuck Forums - The Unofficial Calgary Flames Fan Community > Main Forums > Other Sports: Football, Baseball, Local Hockey, Etc...
Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 10-28-2011, 11:03 AM   #101
The Big Chill
I believe in the Jays.

Exp:

I especially liked that play because Suarez battled to stay on his feet and finish the play. The defender tried to pull him down and Suarez probably could have went down and got a penalty. I hope that Suarez has learned from his diving incidents and no longer does that. Well done, that was a beauty!
The Big Chill is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-2011, 02:25 PM   #102
Locke
Franchise Player

Exp:

Thats the infuriating thing about Suarez, when hes not behaving like a petulant child hes one of the best players in the world.

I doubt that one goal where he fought to stay on his feet is going to change his whole outlook on life and the game, but I hope something does.

Hoestly, out of all the divers and whiners that I've ever complained about, at this moment Suarez is worse than all of them. I've never seen anyone behave this way on the pitch.

Hopefully one day, and one day soon, he'll realize that you cant pull this kind of crap and that he'll score far more goals being strong on his feet and on the ball than he ever will on his ass on the ground.

This Post Has Been Distilled for the Eradication of Seemingly Incurable Sadness.

If you are flammable and have legs, you are never blocking a Fire Exit. - Mitch Hedberg
Locke is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-2011, 03:06 PM   #103
The Big Chill
I believe in the Jays.

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Locke View Post
Thats the infuriating thing about Suarez, when hes not behaving like a petulant child hes one of the best players in the world.

I doubt that one goal where he fought to stay on his feet is going to change his whole outlook on life and the game, but I hope something does.

Hoestly, out of all the divers and whiners that I've ever complained about, at this moment Suarez is worse than all of them. I've never seen anyone behave this way on the pitch.

Hopefully one day, and one day soon, he'll realize that you cant pull this kind of crap and that he'll score far more goals being strong on his feet and on the ball than he ever will on his ass on the ground.
I wasn't thinking along the lines of that goal creating an epiphany for him where he doesn't dive anymore. I was thinking that he has probably been hearing a lot of negative things from media/fans/opposing fans lately, with the diving and racism accusations. I wouldn't be surprised if he decided to keep it as clean as possible for a while.

I also wouldn't be surprised if it continued. It is hard to get players to stop diving when you see games being decided in their favor as a result of the dive. The advantages of diving far outweigh the consequences.
Old 10-28-2011, 07:06 PM   #104
Nuje
Powerplay Quarterback

Exp:

Yeah. Diving definitely needs to be penalized retroactively. That way, you can use video replay, but it doesn't affect the flow of an actual game. Everyone wins.
Old 10-31-2011, 12:21 PM   #105
The Big Chill
I believe in the Jays.

Exp:

Looks like we will be seeing a lot more of Jordan Henderson over the next little while as Gerrard is out for a month or so after having fluid drained from his ankle. Hopefully Henderson will get to play in the middle of the park, where he is much, much better, IMO, then when he is on the right side.

I'm not sure what injury Carragher has, or how long he is out, but I think we are seeing the start of the post Gerrard and Carra era. Stevie could still be around for a few years, but I think his role will diminish with all these injuries adding up.
Old 11-17-2011, 03:51 PM   #106
Locke
Franchise Player

Exp:

Watch out Premier League, Liverpool have signed a Teenager!

Quote:
Liverpool have signed highly-rated teenage midfielder Seyi Ojo from League One side MK Dons.
http://soccernet.espn.go.com/news/st...yi-ojo?cc=5901

That is all.

This Post Has Been Distilled for the Eradication of Seemingly Incurable Sadness.

If you are flammable and have legs, you are never blocking a Fire Exit. - Mitch Hedberg
Old 11-17-2011, 04:02 PM   #107
Cheese
Franchise Player

Exp:

wow awfully young? Whats the standard on this and what does it mean for the kid? Do they actually pay him? Whatabout schooling etc?
Cheese is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2011, 09:01 AM   #108
Locke
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cheese View Post
wow awfully young? Whats the standard on this and what does it mean for the kid? Do they actually pay him? Whatabout schooling etc?
No idea on any counts. I do know that last week Chelsea attempted to buy a 12 year old from Swindon so that kind of speaks for the age bit, but the rest I dont know.

Old 11-27-2011, 08:56 PM   #109
Nuje
Powerplay Quarterback

Exp:

Anybody see the game? I was busy volunteering into the wee hours of the morning, so was unable to drag my ass out of bed. Heard we gave the blue Mancs a good run, and possibly even deserved a better result today. Why did Balotelli get a card?
Old 11-27-2011, 10:08 PM   #110
The Big Chill
I believe in the Jays.

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nuje View Post
Anybody see the game? I was busy volunteering into the wee hours of the morning, so was unable to drag my ass out of bed. Heard we gave the blue Mancs a good run, and possibly even deserved a better result today. Why did Balotelli get a card?
We played quite well and had a few more chances then they did. Hart made a few great saves, especially near the end. Balotelli got 2 yellows, and both of them seemed fair calls. He pulled a player down by his shoulder on one and cleared a player out with a forearm when the ball was in the air on another.

I loved the formation today and I think we should stick with it. I like having Lucas right in front of the D and Hendo and Adam playing CM. Basically a 4-3-3, and I thought it helped us control the ball quite a bit. I think a rotation of Carroll, Suarez, Downing, Kuyt and Bellamy for the front 3 will work nicely.
Old 12-02-2011, 07:45 PM   #111
Nuje
Powerplay Quarterback

Exp:

Lucas out for season. . He's been so good!!
Old 12-10-2011, 10:16 AM   #112
Locke
Franchise Player

Exp:

I am getting very tired of Liverpool being the EPL's Calgary Flames. Every goaltender they've gone up against they've made look like an allstar. This was QPR's 3rd string goaltender and he damn near stoned them again.

Seriously, Maxi should have had a hattrick. At what point do we stop attributing credit to the goaltender and start seriously pointing the finger of blame at the players.

Where are the goals from Kuyt? Maxi's had his chances, Carroll's not even getting a chance, where are Adam's goals? Come on.

They're going to have to buy a striker that can get it done.

Old 12-11-2011, 08:59 PM   #113
mac_82
Powerplay Quarterback

Exp:

Stephan Frei, Toronto FC's keeper, is training with Liverpool. Might have to start cheering for Liverpool if he stays on, even as a 2nd-3rd stringer.
mac_82 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2012, 10:52 AM   #114
Cheese
Franchise Player

Exp:

wow this thread sure has died....

some rumors:

Spanish hot-shot Fernando Llorente has emerged as a possible Liverpool transfer target. People reports the Reds are interested in signing the Spanish international, and are not put off by his reported £20 million ($30.6 million) price tag.

http://www.nesn.com/2012/01/report-l...ic-bilbao.html

FC Twente's Luuk De Jong has emerged as a transfer target for a host of Premier League and European clubs, but don't expect the striker to move in January.

http://www.nesn.com/2012/01/luuk-de-...fc-twente.html
Old 01-16-2012, 10:56 AM   #115
Locke
Franchise Player

Exp:

Someone, anyone, who can put the ball in the net would be welcome.

I'd prefer Llorente as he is more of a known quantity.

In other news, I'm still getting great Schadenfreude mileage out of Torres sucking.

Old 01-16-2012, 02:41 PM   #116
Cheese
Franchise Player

Exp:

more...

Liverpool has reportedly set its sights on Jermain Defoe to help its push for a top-four finish in the Premier League. The Mirror reports the Reds will offer Tottenham £10 million ($15.3 million) for the England international striker.

http://www.nesn.com/2012/01/report-l...tottenham.html

Report: Liverpool Linked With Demba Ba, As Player's Contract Contains Mystery Release Clause

Last edited by Cheese; 01-16-2012 at 02:46 PM.
Old 01-16-2012, 02:44 PM   #117
Cheese
Franchise Player

Exp:

Bruce Grobbelaar claims Liverpool is closing in on signing a striker during the January transfer window. The former LFC goalkeeper told talkSPORT that the club is pursuing two strikers, and he expects at least one to move to Anfield soon.

http://www.nesn.com/2012/01/report-b...liverpool.html
Old 01-16-2012, 02:49 PM   #118
The Big Chill
I believe in the Jays.

Exp:

I think the only striker that I have seen linked that is actually a possibility is Moussa Sow. Of course if we wanted to overpay for those other players we could get them, but to me Sow seems the most reasonable and most likely.
Old 01-16-2012, 03:20 PM   #119
Locke
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Big Chill View Post
I think the only striker that I have seen linked that is actually a possibility is Moussa Sow. Of course if we wanted to overpay for those other players we could get them, but to me Sow seems the most reasonable and most likely.
I agree, but at the same time Liverpool have some decisions to make. I have to say that I see Kuyt leaving, if they bring in another striker there'll be a log jam with Carroll, Suarez and Kuyt with another striker in the mix.

Old 01-16-2012, 03:40 PM   #120
The Big Chill
I believe in the Jays.

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Locke View Post
I agree, but at the same time Liverpool have some decisions to make. I have to say that I see Kuyt leaving, if they bring in another striker there'll be a log jam with Carroll, Suarez and Kuyt with another striker in the mix.
Ya I don't think Kuyt has a long-term future here. I imagine he will be gone by the summer. I'll be sad to see him go, but he hasn't got the job done this year.

I think by the start of next season our squad will be without Kuyt, Maxi, Carra, and Glen Johnson.

Tags
anfield , gerrard , ynwa