Calgarypuck Forums - The Unofficial Calgary Flames Fan Community

Go Back   Calgarypuck Forums - The Unofficial Calgary Flames Fan Community > Main Forums > Other Sports: Football, Baseball, Local Hockey, Etc...
Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 01-09-2021, 04:24 PM   #101
Cecil Terwilliger
That Crazy Guy at the Bus Stop

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Erick Estrada View Post
Good if you like defense. The Rams defense is legit.
The worlds greatest defence couldn’t save this turd.
Cecil Terwilliger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2021, 04:28 PM   #102
GirlySports
NOT breaking news

Exp:

i think there was a second left, by looking at the replay. Rams rescued.

GirlySports is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to GirlySports For This Useful Post:
Old 01-09-2021, 04:39 PM   #103
Sainters7
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by DropIt View Post
Smith out vs the Saints takes their chances from slim, to none
I'd feel better if it was Hicks..especially given how much he hates his former team. I see the potential for a Vikings type overloading of the Saints garbage OG's with good results for Chicago.

How's the vibe at the house for this one? Civil War over there this weekend?

Last edited by Sainters7; 01-09-2021 at 05:47 PM.
Sainters7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2021, 04:41 PM   #104
Senator Clay Davis
Franchise Player

Exp:

If the Rams had decent QB play they'd be a threat. Outside of an elite QB they have the next best thing to win in the playoffs, the ability to generate pass rush with just the front four.
Old 01-09-2021, 04:46 PM   #105
Sainters7
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Erick Estrada View Post
Good if you like defense. The Rams defense is legit.
Best DL in the game. I know the Bears front 7 is legit, but I wanted no part of that Rams front in the Wild Card.
The Following User Says Thank You to Sainters7 For This Useful Post:
Old 01-09-2021, 04:56 PM   #106
Senator Clay Davis
Franchise Player

Exp:

We need Hekker leading the Rams on a GWD.
Old 01-09-2021, 04:59 PM   #107
CorsiHockeyLeague
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Senator Clay Davis View Post
We need Hekker leading the Rams on a GWD.
If it was Bortles I might even be ok with it just for the pure absurdity. But Hekker? Nah. I don't want to see my team go out like that. Or like they currently are, for that matter.

They really need to score here, though. No Donald... gotta take advantage of that.

EDIT: Oh, a 1 yard drive? Yeah, that's about right. Sigh.
"The great promise of the Internet was that more information would automatically yield better decisions. The great disappointment is that more information actually yields more possibilities to confirm what you already believed anyway." - Brian Eno

Last edited by CorsiHockeyLeague; 01-09-2021 at 05:03 PM.
CorsiHockeyLeague is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2021, 05:15 PM   #108
Patek23
Franchise Player

Exp:

Is the Wilson hype train over? Man he’s been a huge disappointment this second half of the season.
Patek23 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2021, 05:17 PM   #109
CorsiHockeyLeague
Franchise Player

Exp:

How can you tell? He has zero protection. He's wasted as long as he has an offensive line this bad. They're completely awful. And it's been this way for a few seasons, so it's not a surprise.

It also doesn't help when you have Schottenheimer basically playing CFL football. 1st and 25? Run up the middle. 3rd and 25? Run up the middle. The guy has two downs to work with basically every series, if that.

And just like that another penalty on the O line to back them up behind the chains.
"The great promise of the Internet was that more information would automatically yield better decisions. The great disappointment is that more information actually yields more possibilities to confirm what you already believed anyway." - Brian Eno

Last edited by CorsiHockeyLeague; 01-09-2021 at 05:32 PM.
The Following User Says Thank You to CorsiHockeyLeague For This Useful Post:
Old 01-09-2021, 05:36 PM   #110
transplant99
Fearmongerer

Location: Wondering when # became hashtag and not a number sign.
Exp:

That was ugly
Old 01-09-2021, 05:44 PM   #111
CorsiHockeyLeague
Franchise Player

Exp:

#### it. I'm shutting this off rather than punishing myself anymore. ####ing country club football team. Get rid of Schottenheimer, let Carson walk and figure out your O line and maybe I'll bother paying attention next year. Enough of this "just good enough to make the playoffs and maybe beat an NFC East team" garbage.
Old 01-09-2021, 05:46 PM   #112
Sainters7
Franchise Player

Exp:

Welp, that's that
Old 01-09-2021, 05:46 PM   #113
SuperMatt18
Franchise Player

Exp:

Great play call by The Rams there, game over.
SuperMatt18 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2021, 05:52 PM   #114
devo22
Franchise Player

Exp:

3rd and 5 with less than 4 minutes left and you're down by 17 ... better call an inside run lol.
devo22 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2021, 06:02 PM   #115
Weitz
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by CorsiHockeyLeague View Post
#### it. I'm shutting this off rather than punishing myself anymore. ####ing country club football team. Get rid of Schottenheimer, let Carson walk and figure out your O line and maybe I'll bother paying attention next year. Enough of this "just good enough to make the playoffs and maybe beat an NFC East team" garbage.

That has to be the end of schottenheimer. Hes brutal.
Weitz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2021, 06:04 PM   #116
blender
First Line Centre

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Flaming Homer View Post
Is the Wilson hype train over? Man he’s been a huge disappointment this second half of the season.
Definitely.
Hopefully the Seahawks add by subtracting and trade him to Denver in the off-season.
blender is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2021, 06:05 PM   #117
CorsiHockeyLeague
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Weitz View Post
That has to be the end of schottenheimer. Hes brutal.
The problem is that their normal MO is just to offer excuses and platitudes and talk about how great the other team was. "Well, give them credit they have a really good defensive front." "We just couldn't get a rhythm in the first 3 quarters." "Their corners played really well in coverage and we just couldn't get free enough." "We lost the turnover battle, that's how you lose in the playoffs; it had nothing to do with coaching decisions during the game." All of that same #### they do every time to justify their continued existence.

####, I mean I'd be fine with firing the whole coaching staff at this point rather than continuing to live in this interminable football purgatory.
The Following User Says Thank You to CorsiHockeyLeague For This Useful Post:
Old 01-09-2021, 06:13 PM   #118
dirk diggler
First Line Centre

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Flaming Homer View Post
no it isnt, Seahawk fans think he is Aaron Rodgers and its everyone elses fault when they lose.
dirk diggler is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to dirk diggler For This Useful Post:
Old 01-09-2021, 06:29 PM   #119
browna
Franchise Player

Exp:

The player that eats up $35M of a salary cap can't be making indecisive throws, ill-advised throws (Seattle never got closer then after his entirely predictable throw to Metcalf that went for 6 the other way), needs to complete more then 7 of 20 passes and more than 110 yards. Sure the Rams have a decent defense but they aren't invincible.

Wilson has pressured the coaches to take more control of the offense for years and he got his wish this season. That got them to the hot start because it was a different look then before. But, for the talent and the student of the game he is (though he needs to run a lot more) he needs the coaches to assist him in adapting, both within the game and week to week.

When Seattle lost 2 in 3 weeks it was the end of Wilson's control of the offense. This is because other teams figured out his calls and tendencies after 6 or 7 weeks of game tape and he didn't adapt or change the looks. Coaches got him back on track and while not as flashy and ended his MVP run, it was effective.

Today, indecision, bad throws, predictable throws and focusing on single targets, and general demeanor looked very much like those ugly losses in the middle of the year.

I'm indifferent on Schottenhemier but I don't think he's holding Wilson back at all. Wilson things he's smarter then the coaches and in some ways he may be. But he locks into favourite players, doesn't run, is indecisive more often then he should be when the team is behind, and that's not on the coaches. Today's losslooked very similar to the other losses this year's when he looked totally ineffective thinking he was going to pull it out on his own.

Rams defense is very good, but if Wilson is as good as he thinks he is now 9 years in the league and rumbles about not getting MVP votes, he has to execute a hell of a lot better when it matters against any defense, not 6/19 for 110 and a crippling INT.

Last edited by browna; 01-09-2021 at 06:32 PM.
browna is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to browna For This Useful Post:
Old 01-09-2021, 06:42 PM   #120
CorsiHockeyLeague
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by dirk diggler View Post
no it isnt, Seahawk fans think he is Aaron Rodgers and its everyone elses fault when they lose.
He's not Aaron Rodgers. But Aaron Rodgers does have the benefit of a very good offensive line. I'm not sure Rodgers really needs it, but at this point, Wilson does. Early in his career, he was correctly considered elusive. Now, he makes poor decisions holding onto the ball too long (although in this context, too long is usually not very long) and takes a lot of unnecessary sacks.

You have to understand the strengths and weaknesses of your players and call the game that will lead to success, and install the personnel that will lead to success. Wilson doesn't need great receivers - he's never had them. He's turned a bunch of nobodies and late round picks into successful playmakers for years. He also doesn't need Dalvin Cook taking handoffs from him. What he needs is, first, enough protection to at least give him a second to breathe, and some semblance of a running game - nothing world-beating, just "above average". Finally, he needs someone with some offensive creativity in terms of designing routes, not this cowardly loser of an OC who literally gives up on 3rd and long and can't wait to run the ball between the tackles over and over. Give him those things, and he'll give you generally elite play. And hey, what do you know, two of those three things are the result of a good offensive line.

Last edited by CorsiHockeyLeague; 01-09-2021 at 06:44 PM.

Tags
nfc stinks , scorigamiszn