Calgarypuck Forums - The Unofficial Calgary Flames Fan Community

Go Back   Calgarypuck Forums - The Unofficial Calgary Flames Fan Community > Main Forums > Other Sports: Football, Baseball, Local Hockey, Etc...
Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 12-31-2017, 11:09 AM   #1101
Slava
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Senator Clay Davis View Post
VAR is inevitable I suppose so it's just a matter of time. If it's kept to simply offsides and challenges where red comes into play then I don't see the problem. As far as Jesus, well, as you can imagine there's been a plethora of "He will rise again, I've read the book" jokes, but it sounds like he's out for two months. City being City though, that probably means Alexis comes now. Arsenal at least have to be thinking they can get some value now rather than losing him on a free.
And I shamelessly laughed at all of those jokes as well!
Slava is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-31-2017, 11:21 AM   #1102
Senator Clay Davis
Franchise Player

Exp:

Mike Dean couldn't let the year end without one more Deaner.
Old 12-31-2017, 11:57 AM   #1103
Matty81
#1 Goaltender

Exp:

City palace was entertaining. Palace should have taken 3 points... Townsend's miss was brutal and the penalty goes without saying.

Have to sya tho, any borderline decision goes against the big clubs and their fans lose their minds, pretty insufferable. That was a touch and go penalty that could have gone either way but no way was it a dive.
Matty81 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-31-2017, 07:04 PM   #1104
d_phaneuf
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bagor View Post
From Nike website.

http://www.bbc.com/sport/football/42527428

Could be construed as tampering? Unless there is a deal agreed?

http://www.independent.co.uk/sport/f...-a8135441.html
Didn't klopp say they weren't selling too?
d_phaneuf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-01-2018, 09:39 AM   #1105
Kipper is King
Pants Tent

Exp:

Just saw Mane's goal. Great first touch with his back to the goal, and then he just whipped around and fired it. That goal was a joy to watch.
Old 01-01-2018, 09:46 AM   #1106
Kipper is King
Pants Tent

Exp:

Burnley with a late equalizer. Great drama.
Old 01-01-2018, 09:52 AM   #1107
Kipper is King
Pants Tent

Exp:

Loveren scores! Wow!
Old 01-01-2018, 09:53 AM   #1108
The Big Chill
I believe in the Jays.

Exp:

Crazy finish! Looked to me like Klavan was offside, but I'll take It!
The Big Chill is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-01-2018, 10:06 AM   #1109
Locke
Franchise Player

Exp:

Liverpool beat Burnley, Ragnar Klavan with the Game-Winner assisted by Lovren.

I never thought I'd ever type those words. If you hadnt seen it you'd assume I'd had a stroke.

This Post Has Been Distilled for the Eradication of Seemingly Incurable Sadness.

If you are flammable and have legs, you are never blocking a Fire Exit. - Mitch Hedberg
Locke is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-01-2018, 10:28 AM   #1110
cSpooge
Scoring Winger

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Locke View Post
Liverpool beat Burnley, Ragnar Klavan with the Game-Winner assisted by Lovren.

I never thought I'd ever type those words. If you hadnt seen it you'd assume I'd had a stroke.
I'd assume you were talking about an own goal rather than them scoring on the opponent.
cSpooge is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-01-2018, 10:40 AM   #1111
Locke
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by cSpooge View Post
I'd assume you were talking about an own goal rather than them scoring on the opponent.
Van Dijk has already made Liverpool a better team without even setting foot on the pitch yet.

Lovren: Ragnar ol' Buddy, we, uh, we're going to have to be good if we want to keep playing....

3 points! Good Job Van Dijk!

This Post Has Been Distilled for the Eradication of Seemingly Incurable Sadness.

If you are flammable and have legs, you are never blocking a Fire Exit. - Mitch Hedberg
Old 01-01-2018, 12:10 PM   #1112
d_phaneuf
Franchise Player

Exp:

Never been a huge fan of his but Lingard has been top Top class for the last month, if the first world Cup game was tomorrow

That england front 4 of Kane, alli, sterling, should be joined by Lingard and not rashford right now
d_phaneuf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-01-2018, 01:49 PM   #1113
Locke
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
MANCHESTER -- Jose Mourinho hit out at former Manchester United player Paul Scholes on Monday, claiming the Old Trafford great only "criticises," following his recent accusation that Paul Pogba "is just strolling through games."

"I think the only thing Paul Scholes does is criticise," Mourinho said. "I don't think he comments, I think he criticises, which is a different thing.

"Not every one of us has to be phenomenal like he was as a player. That does not mean that we all have to be phenomenal.
http://www.espn.com/soccer/mancheste...s-is-criticise

Old 01-01-2018, 03:06 PM   #1114
cam_wmh
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Locke View Post
He's not wrong.
cam_wmh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-01-2018, 03:15 PM   #1115
Locke
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by cam_wmh View Post
He's not wrong.
I was slightly surprised that he expected anything different.

I mean, thats like having to tell guys to keep their wives away from Ryan Giggs, they should just know that. Thats a thing they should just know.

Scholes is hyper-critical, Giggs will sleep with your wife and if you're not careful Neville will steal your wallet. These are just things that are known.

Old 01-01-2018, 03:25 PM   #1116
devo22
Franchise Player

Exp:

Scholes is a lousy pundit and Mourinho is a petty child who feels the need to complain about something new every week. What else is new?
devo22 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2018, 07:37 AM   #1117
Slava
Franchise Player

Exp:

Basically zero percent chance this is going to happen at this point, but I kind of agree that two days between matches is tight. I also realise that they had to cram one more in somewhere because of the world cup, but surely they could've found somewhere more fitting in the middle of a week as opposed to two days after? I don't know, being the guy in charge of this has to be terrible because someone is always unhappy with the plight of their team. As a fan I like all the games because I like watching them and have the time to do so at this point, but it does seem like they could've been spread out a little more.

http://www.bbc.com/sport/football/42537385
Old 01-02-2018, 07:45 AM   #1118
devo22
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Slava View Post
Basically zero percent chance this is going to happen at this point, but I kind of agree that two days between matches is tight. I also realise that they had to cram one more in somewhere because of the world cup, but surely they could've found somewhere more fitting in the middle of a week as opposed to two days after? I don't know, being the guy in charge of this has to be terrible because someone is always unhappy with the plight of their team. As a fan I like all the games because I like watching them and have the time to do so at this point, but it does seem like they could've been spread out a little more.

http://www.bbc.com/sport/football/42537385
they absolutely have to do something about this in the future though, the schedules really are bat#### crazy right now. I believe both Bournemouth and Burnley had less than 48 hours between games this weekend, that's nothing but insane.

I know they won't get rid of the League Cup, but at least scratch the two-legged semifinals and the FA Cup rematches. That would at least give them a bit more flexibility for scheduling.
devo22 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2018, 07:51 AM   #1119
The Big Chill
I believe in the Jays.

Exp:

They really should just ditch the league cup.
The Big Chill is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2018, 08:17 AM   #1120
Slava
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by devo22 View Post
they absolutely have to do something about this in the future though, the schedules really are bat#### crazy right now. I believe both Bournemouth and Burnley had less than 48 hours between games this weekend, that's nothing but insane.

I know they won't get rid of the League Cup, but at least scratch the two-legged semifinals and the FA Cup rematches. That would at least give them a bit more flexibility for scheduling.
There were a few who played on Dec 30 and then again yesterday (Bournemouth, Everton, BHA, Leicester, Huddersfield, United, Stoke and Newcastle), which is just stupid. These tight fixtures just mean that players get injured and fatigued.

I think they have some flex in the schedules though. They have a week and a half span here where they want to fight 3 games in for everyone. That happens for teams regularly through the rest of the season, so it shouldn't be that big of a deal here. The issue though is TV. For Spurs situation that has been a significant issue because that combined with a policing issue has them play today and again on Thursday, followed by Sunday. Our last game was over a week ago though, on boxing day. There is no sane reason to have three games jammed into a handful of days after sitting idle for a week. It's just poor planning, plain and simple. That's not to complain about our schedule as compared to anyone else, because I have no doubt that some have it worse and we're all in the same boat for the same silly reasons.