Calgarypuck Forums - The Unofficial Calgary Flames Fan Community

Go Back   Calgarypuck Forums - The Unofficial Calgary Flames Fan Community > Main Forums > The Off Topic Forum
Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 08-04-2023, 09:47 PM   #11121
Dion
Not a casual user

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yoho View Post
Sorry Lanny the the country is in shambles it shouldn’t even be a debate.

Sorry Yoho it was shambles under Trump. Especially when it came to his handling of the virus.

Old 08-04-2023, 10:17 PM   #11122
jammies
Basement Chicken Choker

Location: In a land without pants, or war, or want. But mostly we care about the pants.
Exp:

Yoho should stay, he does more to sabotage spreading his worldview than anyone deigning to argue with him. Anyone who finds his repackaged tweets and videos compelling is already in the cult, and everyone else is repelled.
Old 08-05-2023, 04:44 AM   #11123
Maritime Q-Scout
Ben

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by jammies View Post
Yoho should stay, he does more to sabotage spreading his worldview than anyone deigning to argue with him. Anyone who finds his repackaged tweets and videos compelling is already in the cult, and everyone else is repelled.
Every village needs an idiot for parents to show their kids and say "Do you want to be like them? No? That's why you go to school!"

*queue MTG tweet about school being indoctrination*

"Calgary Flames is the best team in all the land" - My Brainwashed Son
Maritime Q-Scout is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Maritime Q-Scout For This Useful Post:
Old 08-05-2023, 10:14 AM   #11124
terryclancy
Backup Goalie

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yoho View Post
Sorry Lanny the the country is in shambles it shouldn’t even be a debate.

My ****ing god.

What an ineffable moron.
terryclancy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2023, 12:01 PM   #11125
Reggie Dunlop
All I can get

Exp:

Mr. Trump might be doing some more Finding Out on Monday...

Quote:
A federal judge on Saturday ordered former President Trump to respond to Special Counsel Jack Smith’s request for a protective order by Monday evening.
https://nypost.com/2023/08/05/trump-...tective-order/

And yes, everyone should just refer to him as "Mr. Trump" from now on...

Calling him a clever nickname won't phase him.... he tosses his own nicknames for others with abandon. That's the game he plays.

No, to insult a narcissist you have to bring him down to a common denominator. Nothing he hates more that being considered ordinary.

Last edited by Reggie Dunlop; 08-05-2023 at 01:01 PM.
Reggie Dunlop is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Reggie Dunlop For This Useful Post:
Old 08-05-2023, 12:47 PM   #11126
CorsiHockeyLeague
Franchise Player

Exp:

It's always been the case that people responding to Yoho are a bigger problem than Yoho. He posts tweets from random far-right "news" dispensaries and YouTube videos made by no one of consequence most of the time; the fact that people lose their minds and make the whole thread about him is on them as far as I'm concerned.
"The great promise of the Internet was that more information would automatically yield better decisions. The great disappointment is that more information actually yields more possibilities to confirm what you already believed anyway." - Brian Eno
CorsiHockeyLeague is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to CorsiHockeyLeague For This Useful Post:
Old 08-05-2023, 01:22 PM   #11127
FormerPresJamesTaylor
Lifetime Suspension

Exp:

One guy started a thread, no one else lost their mind
FormerPresJamesTaylor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2023, 01:55 PM   #11128
CorsiHockeyLeague
Franchise Player

Exp:

Every time I open this thread it's about what Yoho said and what a credulous dummy he is. Iggy_oi had basically the same effect on the Alberta politics thread for months at one point. And then someone comes in and says "just ignore him", which I guess is the role I'm playing now.
"The great promise of the Internet was that more information would automatically yield better decisions. The great disappointment is that more information actually yields more possibilities to confirm what you already believed anyway." - Brian Eno
CorsiHockeyLeague is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2023, 02:32 PM   #11129
DownInFlames
Craig McTavish' Merkin

Exp:

I don't like to be told what to do. It's probably the one thing Yoho and I have in common. Telling me to ignore him is probably going to have the inverse effect.

You can ignore me then, at your peril.
DownInFlames is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2023, 02:45 PM   #11130
Rutuu
First Line Centre

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by DownInFlames View Post
I don't like to be told what to do. It's probably the one thing Yoho and I have in common. Telling me to ignore him is probably going to have the inverse effect.

You can ignore me then, at your peril.
Don't floss everyday, it's a dental conspiracy.
Rutuu is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to Rutuu For This Useful Post:
Old 08-05-2023, 03:49 PM   #11131
Reggie Dunlop
All I can get

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rutuu View Post
Don't floss everyday, it's a dental conspiracy.
Why is always "Three out of four dentists recommend...?" What are they not telling us?
Old 08-05-2023, 04:07 PM   #11132
Itse
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by CorsiHockeyLeague View Post
Every time I open this thread it's about what Yoho said and what a credulous dummy he is. Iggy_oi had basically the same effect on the Alberta politics thread for months at one point. And then someone comes in and says "just ignore him", which I guess is the role I'm playing now.
While you're right, US politics are so extremely polarized that it's become kind of hard to discuss in any meaningful way anymore.

How do you have a meaningful discussion about actual politics, when the options people can vote for are increasingly either imperfect but generally functional policy choices on the Democratic side and varying mixes of idiocracy and fascism on the Republican side? If the closest thing to a worthy discussion topic Republicans/conservatives can bring to the table is whether or not trans women should be allowed to do sports, it's not like there's that much to talk about.

At this point in time we're just staring at a car spinning wildly on the road and hoping it doesn't crash too hard into anything. The country might not be in shambles, but their political system is pretty close to a complete breakdown.

Unfortunately, Yoho isn't that far from being a middle of the road conservative by US standards. This is the stuff they spew out, all the time.

Last edited by Itse; 08-06-2023 at 02:55 AM.
Itse is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Itse For This Useful Post:
Old 08-05-2023, 04:47 PM   #11133
Dion
Not a casual user

Exp:

Trump Extremists Make New Calls to Hang Mike Pence: ‘Watch His Toes Dangle’

Quote:
One of the top threads on the forum centered on Pence's Tuesday tweet about Trump's latest indictment. In that tweet, Pence took a swipe at Trump, and argued that "anyone who puts himself over the Constitution should never be President of the United States."

In response, the commentators on "The Donald" went wild, floating renewed — and explicit — death threats against Pence.

"He knows he's not going to get elected. His only goal is to take any votes away that he possibly can. He got his ticket into the club when he got that challenge coin after they certified the fraudulent election at 1am on January 7th," one person wrote on the thread. "I want to watch his toes dangle in the breeze."

"I favor the Day of the Axe. Everyone gets a swing at the abdomen. Stray dogs clean up the mess," wrote another person.
Quote:
"The Donald" is best known as a hub for Trump fans and extremists, who often use it to spout violent rhetoric against the former President's rivals. The online forum was initially hosted on Reddit before it was banned from the platform in June 2020. According to the final report on the Capitol riot by the House January 6 committee, The Donald forum users "openly discussed surrounding and occupying the U.S. Capitol."
https://www.businessinsider.com/viol...e-again-2023-8
Old 08-05-2023, 05:40 PM   #11134
Yoho
Lifetime Suspension

Exp:

https://twitter.com/user/status/1687969262370000897

“Many people dislike Trump for personal reasons or because the media has succeeded in indoctrinating them against Trump, but once innocence or guilt depends on personal emotions, the rule of law is dead. And that is precisely what the Trump indictments indicate.”
Yoho is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2023, 06:08 PM   #11135
KootenayFlamesFan
Commie Referee

Exp:

It's a terrible article, obviously. It links to a source that's the Epoch Times. Amazing people read stuff like that and believe any of it.
KootenayFlamesFan is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to KootenayFlamesFan For This Useful Post:
Old 08-05-2023, 06:24 PM   #11136
Biff
Franchise Player

Exp:

Paraphrased for those who live in reality: "Many people dislike Trump for personal reasons and the media has succeeded in informing them about Trump but, irrespective of that, his innocence or guilt depends on whether he broke the law. And that is precisely what the Trump indictments indicate.”
Biff is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Biff For This Useful Post:
Old 08-05-2023, 06:30 PM   #11137
Reggie Dunlop
All I can get

Exp:

Old 08-05-2023, 06:31 PM   #11138
DFO
Powerplay Quarterback

Exp:

Aren’t all the grand juries that indicted Mr. Trump made up of folks across the political spectrum? Doesn’t really matter if they liked him or not.
DFO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2023, 06:34 PM   #11139
KootenayFlamesFan
Commie Referee

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by DFO View Post
Aren’t all the grand juries that indicted Mr. Trump made up of folks across the political spectrum? Doesn’t really matter if they liked him or not.
Yoho's article left that point out.

Besides, if he's innocent, what's the problem? He can prove his innocence in court just like anybody else. It better be televised.
KootenayFlamesFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2023, 06:37 PM   #11140
DownInFlames
Craig McTavish' Merkin

Exp:

Black people are "quota hires". The "stolen election" is stated as fact. It's all Jack Smith and the Democrats making up charges without acknowledging any of the evidence in the indictments.

Pure (racist) bull####.
DownInFlames is offline   Reply With Quote