Calgarypuck Forums - The Unofficial Calgary Flames Fan Community

Go Back   Calgarypuck Forums - The Unofficial Calgary Flames Fan Community > Main Forums > The Off Topic Forum
Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 08-04-2023, 06:51 AM   #11101
Lanny_McDonald
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yoho View Post
Yes anyone with a difference of political opinion is a detriment to the community.
It's not that you have a difference of opinion. It's that you live in delusion created by a con man. You don't know it, but you're in a cult and you have been sucked in by the cult of personality.

The sources of information you bring are well known sources of propaganda who admit they lie to their viewership. How many more of these "conservative icons" have to go down for spreading lies before you start look at them critically and questioning the motivations of them and their cause? This is on you as a grown adult who was taught to think for themselves to start weighing the story being spun and see of it makes sense. So far you are failing and coming across as a complete fool and everyone can see it. Every village has an idiot and more and more people are find you're ours.

Quote:
When all these charge’s inevitably get dropped or dismissed how upset are all of you going to be who are currently tap dancing around?
2024 is going to be Trump’s and the Republicans I would start getting your head around it.
These charges are not going to be dropped. They just aren't. What Trump and his cadres of mouth breathers have done is an affront to democracy. They tried to cheat the vote and cause an insurrection, and they got caught. The cases are overwhelming and Trump is going down. He is at this moment facing 78 criminal charges and hundreds of years in prison. The best he can hope for is a plead deal, which I think comes before they have to go to court. While Trump would love the attention this would give him he would not enjoy having the curtain pulled back on him and the world to see what a fraud he really is.

Quote:
Did you guys just think these timeframes for inditement magically lined up with the Primary's run? Dems know they are in trouble and can’t run on their record and that America is basically unrecognizable.
These cases have been methodically put together because of the gravity of charging a former president and it takes time to do so. Timing would be different if Trump didn't have incompetent judges like Aileen Cannon on the bench to protect him. What is really ironic about this whole thing is without Cannon Special Prosecutor Smith likely doesn't get involved and build the case that has delivered.

You're going to have to explain how America is "unrecognizable"? What exactly has changed? This is common talking point with idiots locked in the RW QAnon addled bubble, but when challenged they can't come up with a reasonable answer. So what has changed? Prove to me you can think critically about this and you are not some zombie cult member who relies on empty talking points.

Quote:
All this focus on Trump is to distract you from how bad of shape the country is really in and how fast it’s slipping into a +**^% hole.
If the country was in bad shape it was because of Trump policies. It takes two years for economic policy changes to filter into the larger system and for them to be broadly felt. The inflation we felt was a result of the Trump tax cuts.

Geopolitically we are still seeing the fallout from four years of Trump showing zero leadership and placing a check on Russian and Chinese aggression. The reputation of the United States was never so weak because Trump appeased dictators around the globe because he saw their absolute power and wanted to a member of their club. The United States suffered as a result and her allies felt the pain as well.

We are only now starting to feel the benefit of policy changes with actual professional politicians in the seats of power. The economy is rebounding and inflation is flattening. Only the Republicans threat to shutdown government - AGAIN - is being problematic and has resulted in a downgrade of the country's credit rating. Geopolitically the support to Ukraine has pretty much crushed Russia and put Putin on the verge of losing control. China has felt the pressure of America's resolve over Taiwan and shown signs of backing down. The weakness in the White House is gone and our allies are seeing that. NATO has grown and become that much more capable of keeping the authoritarians in check. Trump almost destroyed the alliance.

So your turn. Time to step up and explain how the country is falling apart?
Lanny_McDonald is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2023, 07:11 AM   #11102
Yoho
Lifetime Suspension

Exp:

Sorry Lanny the the country is in shambles it shouldn’t even be a debate.

Yoho is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2023, 07:32 AM   #11103
Izzle
First Line Centre

Exp:

Lol.... Yoyo basically sharing Chinese govt propaganda.
Izzle is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2023, 07:59 AM   #11104
Wastedyouth
Truculent!

Exp:

Quote:
Yes anyone with a difference of political opinion is a detriment to the community.

When all these charge’s inevitably get dropped or dismissed how upset are all of you going to be who are currently tap dancing around?
2024 is going to be Trump’s and the Republicans I would start getting your head around it.

Did you guys just think these timeframes for inditement magically lined up with the Primary's run? Dems know they are in trouble and can’t run on their record and that America is basically unrecognizable.

All this focus on Trump is to distract you from how bad of shape the country is really in and how fast it’s slipping into a +**^% hole.

https://twitter.com/user/status/1687326664055828481
I don't think you are a detriment, even if I think you are a bit off on your statements. .

I just wanted some clarification on a couple points:

- Are you American?
- What changes, in your opinion, have made America unrecognizable, and what is you baseline?
- What is your basis for how bad of shape the US is in?

I am more of a hard numbers and stats guy, so I am open to some data that supports your comments. I truly don't have a way to evaluate your comments.

I don't really expect an answer, but these thoughts run through my mind when I read your posts.

Some data to refute this viewpoint:

- The US has the 8th lowest inflation rate in the world, and the lowest of all the G7 Countries.

https://www.investopedia.com/inflati...ighth%20lowest.

- Violent Crime Rates in the US are on a steady decline since 1990.

https://www.statista.com/statistics/...sa-since-1990/

- Standard of living and GDP has grown year over year for a quite a long time in the US.

https://usafacts.org/topics/standard-of-living/

So I am just trying to get a handle on your views! Feel free to share, or not. But I just want to understand your viewpoint!

Last edited by Wastedyouth; 08-04-2023 at 08:10 AM.
Wastedyouth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2023, 08:05 AM   #11105
Coach
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wastedyouth View Post
I don't think you are a detriment, even if I think you are a bit off on your statements. .

I just wanted some clarification on a couple points:

- Are you American?
- What changes, in your opinion, have made America unrecognizable, and what is you baseline?
- What is your basis for how bad of shape the US is in?

I am more of a hard numbers and stats guy, so I am open to some data that supports your comments. I truly don't have a way to evaluate your comments.

I don't really expect an answer, but these thoughts run through my mind when I read your posts.
Old 08-04-2023, 08:07 AM   #11106
Lanny_McDonald
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
I see your Chinese propaganda (I mean really, if you don't want to be treaded like a ####ing idiot don't post videos that are LABELLED as Chinese propaganda) with a video of "your people" speaking "truth".

We know that based on this video a whole lot of villages are missing their Yoho.
Lanny_McDonald is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Lanny_McDonald For This Useful Post:
Old 08-04-2023, 08:37 AM   #11107
2Stonedbirds
First Line Centre

Exp:

I'm not sure lambasting one source and using The Young Turks to back up your position helps.
2Stonedbirds is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2023, 08:40 AM   #11108
devo22
Franchise Player

Exp:

you can find these rally interviews from dozens of sources, certainly doesn't have to be TYT. These interviews are always insane, no matter who conducts them.

devo22 is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to devo22 For This Useful Post:
Old 08-04-2023, 08:41 AM   #11109
2Stonedbirds
First Line Centre

Exp:

Oh some of these people are nuts, absolutely.

I'd include the Young Turks into that camp as well.
2Stonedbirds is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2023, 08:55 AM   #11110
BowRiverBruinsRule
Backup Goalie

Exp:

Quote:

https://twitter.com/user/status/1687326664055828481
Good read. In the first sentence of the Article, Mr. Hammer, calls the January 6th riot a "jamboree". That's when I stopped reading. Proud Boys = Boy Scouts. You are extreme.
BowRiverBruinsRule is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2023, 09:42 AM   #11111
nfotiu
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:

A Trump campaign video promoted by a chinese gov channel is not really a great response, but I watched it.

Every item mentioned here by Trump are things that he either started the ball rolling or did things to make them worse.

The Biden admin has done quite a deft job of combatting inflation without sending the country into recession.

Who is going to serve in Trump's admin that could do anything useful to address any of the issues he is pointing out? Anyone who is half competent isn't going to go anywhere near the career destroying Trump administration.
Even the more reasonable members of his family have done everything they can to distant themselves. Is the My Pillow guy going to have an amazing plan to quash inflation without tanking the economy? Is Don Jr going to save Ukraine?
nfotiu is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to nfotiu For This Useful Post:
Old 08-04-2023, 09:45 AM   #11112
Maritime Q-Scout
Ben

Exp:

Nothing wrong with a difference of opinion.

But opinions need to be based in the same reality.

A: I believe in paying an increased rate of taxes to ensure social programs such as childcare, Healthcare, and maternity leave.

B: I believe in paying lower taxes and being responsible for my own childcare, buying my own health insurance, and making the financial decisions for maternity leave myself.

Both opinions are equally valid.

A: I believe government should act as a visible hand to guide the economy to help even out the booms and busts. Governments are there to support community efforts and help provide education to all its citizens.

B: I believe in small government. The economy can take care of itself and correct itself. Community efforts are supported by the community and we don't need a government providing funding, let us donate to the local park, museum, or library. The money we spend on taxes can be used to pay for school, university and college.

Again, both reasonable positions, a difference of opinion.

It's not a difference of opinion when the "discussion" is:

Z: I believe all people are equal under the law, and should be able to live their lives free of harassment or fear of being assaulted or killed for who they are.

Q: aLl TrAnS pEoPlE iS pEdOs. YoU'rE eItHeR a PeDo Or WiTh Us NaZis. We ArE bEiNG cOnTrOlLeD bY lOzArD pEoPlE. JfK jR iS cOmInG tO rUn WiTh PrEsIdEnT TrUmP. bIDeN iS dEaD, tHaT iS aN aCtOr On Tv.

That's not a difference of opinion. That's a human right and someone who isn't living in reality.

"Calgary Flames is the best team in all the land" - My Brainwashed Son

Last edited by Maritime Q-Scout; 08-04-2023 at 09:48 AM.
Maritime Q-Scout is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Maritime Q-Scout For This Useful Post:
Old 08-04-2023, 09:49 AM   #11113
Fuzz
Franchise Player

Exp:

I like the dictionary definition as a nice response to people who say they "just have a different opinion".

A view or judgment formed about something, not necessarily based on fact or knowledge.

Which is the actual problem, not that it is an opinion.
Fuzz is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Fuzz For This Useful Post:
Old 08-04-2023, 10:59 AM   #11114
MoneyGuy
Franchise Player

Exp:

From Devon Duke on Twitter on the judge calling him Mr. Trump instead of president. It made me laugh.

He's lucky the judge didn't call him "twice impeached, three time indicted, coup attempting, traitor, rapist, adulterer, jack-o'-lantern lookin', Mr. Trump."
MoneyGuy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2023, 11:08 AM   #11115
Fuzz
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by MoneyGuy View Post
From Devon Duke on Twitter on the judge calling him Mr. Trump instead of president. It made me laugh.

He's lucky the judge didn't call him "twice impeached, three time indicted, coup attempting, traitor, rapist, adulterer, jack-o'-lantern lookin', Mr. Trump."
"Toadstool Dick" would also suffice.
Fuzz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2023, 11:20 AM   #11116
PsYcNeT
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by BowRiverBruinsRule View Post
Good read. In the first sentence of the Article, Mr. Hammer, calls the January 6th riot a "jamboree". That's when I stopped reading. Proud Boys = Boy Scouts. You are extreme.
Truly a hallmark of good journalism, along with "Sham" being in both the headline and mentioned 4 times in the first paragraph.

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrMastodonFarm View Post
Settle down there, Temple Grandin.
PsYcNeT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2023, 01:31 PM   #11117
Reggie Dunlop
All I can get

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fuzz View Post
"Toadstool Dick" would also suffice.
Or Jon Stewart's classic "****face Von Clownstick."
Reggie Dunlop is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Reggie Dunlop For This Useful Post:
Old 08-04-2023, 06:09 PM   #11118
KootenayFlamesFan
Commie Referee

Exp:

Totally normal.

https://twitter.com/user/status/1687580854275444736
KootenayFlamesFan is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to KootenayFlamesFan For This Useful Post:
Old 08-04-2023, 06:13 PM   #11119
Reggie Dunlop
All I can get

Exp:

Co-conspirator #2

https://talkingpointsmemo.com/news/e...l-insurrection

The "coup" is being planned whether or not Trump is in jail, agrees not to run as a plea bargain, is dead, or another Republican is the nominee.

Last edited by Reggie Dunlop; 08-04-2023 at 07:26 PM.
Reggie Dunlop is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2023, 06:42 PM   #11120
CorsiHockeyLeague
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by KootenayFlamesFan View Post
Totally normal.
Sounds like contempt. Lock him up!
"The great promise of the Internet was that more information would automatically yield better decisions. The great disappointment is that more information actually yields more possibilities to confirm what you already believed anyway." - Brian Eno
CorsiHockeyLeague is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to CorsiHockeyLeague For This Useful Post: