Calgarypuck Forums - The Unofficial Calgary Flames Fan Community

Go Back   Calgarypuck Forums - The Unofficial Calgary Flames Fan Community > Main Forums > Fire on Ice: The Calgary Flames Forum
Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 09-26-2024, 03:36 PM   #10901
Sandman
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by stemit14 View Post
I’m also not as high on Turcotte. But the Kings don’t have anything great in terms of center prospects. Their top prospect (besides Brandt Clarke who is definitely not an option in a trade) is Greentree - a big right wing that was just selected in the first round of the 2024 draft - right now, he’s a similar prospect to Honzek. But, honestly, Greentree probably has a slightly lower ceiling than Honzek.

If the flames were to trade Andersson to LA… I would rather make the trade very pick heavy if they don’t have any prospects that are really exciting. Something like:

To LA:
Andersson

To Calgary:
2025 1st round pick (lottery protected)
2025 2nd round pick
2025 3rd round pick
2026 conditional 1st round pick (becomes a 2nd round pick + 3rd round pick if the Kings miss the playoffs in 2026)

I know it’s “magic beans” but it’s a load of picks. Obviously I’d love for the flames to get an A-level prospect (especially a center) in an Andersson trade but it’s really hard to make that happen… teams so rarely trade prospects like that.
I would actually LOVE to get Greentree in a trade, even though we really need centers. This kid has a real chance to be a star in the NHL-he's got size (6'3"), and his IQ is off the charts, although he has work to do on his mobility.

Last season in Windsor, he played on one of the worst teams in the CHL, and finished 24 points ahead of his next closest teammate, and 43 points ahead of the third-place scorer on his team.

If LA doesn't want to part with Greentree, another prospect of theirs I love is RW Koehn Ziemmer. Again, we need centers, and like Greentree, Z has skating issues- but he's more of a power-forward than Greentree with a 6'1" frame, and is an excellent offensive player with an NHL shot. He had injury issues last season, unfortunately, but had 31 points in 23 games for the Cougs.

Last edited by Sandman; 09-26-2024 at 03:49 PM.
Sandman is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Sandman For This Useful Post:
Old 09-26-2024, 06:11 PM   #10902
Monahammer
Franchise Player

Exp:

+1 on greentree. He reminds me of robitaille ironically. As such not sure the kings will trade him lol
Monahammer is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
e=ng , edmonton is no good