Calgarypuck Forums - The Unofficial Calgary Flames Fan Community

Go Back   Calgarypuck Forums - The Unofficial Calgary Flames Fan Community > Main Forums > The Off Topic Forum > Tech Talk
Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 09-02-2014, 09:44 AM   #1001
Anduril
Franchise Player

Exp:

Again, not modes that I've ever touched but this just getting silly with how stripped down its become.
Anduril is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2014, 09:52 AM   #1002
SuperMatt18
Franchise Player

Exp:

Between HUT, Be a Pro, and Be a GM the game modes I play are covered.

The demo is crisp, one thing I really liked was the computer AI when breaking out of their own zone. When you put on a good forecheck now the fowards actually regroup and support in their own end.
SuperMatt18 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2014, 10:03 AM   #1003
bubbsy
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Russic View Post
Technically you forgot Be a GM, which is arguably the most played mode in the game. edit: looks like HUT is more played.

I remember people *really* wanting season mode in the last generation and it took a few years. I can't quite recall the draw... was it local multiplayer for a season? That's what I used to use it for when I was in University.
the modes i play most are:
1) Be A GM - this is the longest lasting mode i play. especially the last few years with the flames sucking, i carry thru the rebuild numerous times till the next game comes out

2) HUT - this can be fun, especially early on, when all the glitchers haven't taken over online play. Even when they do, i usually continue the mode in offline. it's fun using the pucks and the trade center as a stock exchange (buy low, sell high) to improve the roster.

3) Season - i played this as a pure simulation of the current season.... play each flames game with the updated line ups before the actual game. The last few years this is done less and less, as the flames roster sucks so no need to simulate

4) Online VS - i play a lot of this (as the flames) early on after release. Again, i shift away from this once the glitchers take over the online experience. Some years it's by xmas, others it's within 6 weeks of release.

i will definitely miss season, but it is the only mode they have taken out that spent more than 1 hour on during hte year.

I guess i'm one of the lucky ones who is relatively unscathed by the game mode strip down.
bubbsy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2014, 10:29 AM   #1004
puckedoff
First Line Centre

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by bubbsy View Post
the modes i play most are:

2) HUT - this can be fun, especially early on, when all the glitchers haven't taken over online play. Even when they do, i usually continue the mode in offline. it's fun using the pucks and the trade center as a stock exchange (buy low, sell high) to improve the roster.

This mode can be played offline? How is this done? I thought it was an only-online mode?

I did have fun building the roster through the market place, but got tired of the online game and would prefer playing offline so I can pause when the dog throws up.
puckedoff is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2014, 10:33 AM   #1005
bubbsy
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by puckedoff View Post
This mode can be played offline? How is this done? I thought it was an only-online mode?

I did have fun building the roster through the market place, but got tired of the online game and would prefer playing offline so I can pause when the dog throws up.
HUT has always had offline tournaments and one time matches.

NOTE: you absolutely need to be online to get into HUT and play the mode, even if you are playing matches against the CPU within HUT.

Last edited by bubbsy; 09-02-2014 at 10:45 AM.
Old 09-02-2014, 10:35 AM   #1006
Chill Cosby
Lifetime Suspension

Exp:

I noticed it says "take your player from the fourth line" in Be A Pro mode... any confirmation if this means CHL is out for this year?
Chill Cosby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2014, 10:53 AM   #1007
codynw
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chill Cosby View Post
I noticed it says "take your player from the fourth line" in Be A Pro mode... any confirmation if this means CHL is out for this year?
I really hope CHL is still there. I enjoy starting as a 16 year old in the CHL, going through the draft, and working my way up to the NHL.
codynw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2014, 10:58 AM   #1008
Chill Cosby
Lifetime Suspension

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by codynw View Post
I really hope CHL is still there. I enjoy starting as a 16 year old in the CHL, going through the draft, and working my way up to the NHL.

It's pretty much my go-to, I will be genuinely disappointed if they took it out. Hopefully it'll be a patch-in if so (much like the patches for GM mode they were talking about) but at a base level it'd take some of the excitement out of my purchase.
Chill Cosby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2014, 11:01 AM   #1009
bubbsy
Franchise Player

Exp:

considering seasons are gone, meaning you can't play through the CHL season, i'd be surprised if be a pro CHL exists.

in other news, ea access updates include details on NHL pre-release:
Quote:
Details on Upcoming Trials
September will also bring you two awesome opportunities to play new games early. EA Access trials for NHL 15 and FIFA 15 will be going live this month and we want to give you the details on what to expect. All EA Access members will get six hours with each game, and as always, you will be able to play each game five days before the release date.

NHL 15 will be coming to you this Thursday, so get ready to take the ice! Explore all of the modes and features and catch up with player ratings.
http://www.ea.com/news/ea-access-bri...r?sf30565666=1
Old 09-02-2014, 11:49 AM   #1010
mdubz
First Line Centre

Exp:

Quote:
considering seasons are gone, meaning you can't play through the CHL season, i'd be surprised if be a pro CHL exists.

in other news, ea access updates include details on NHL pre-release:
http://www.ea.com/news/ea-access-bri...r?sf30565666=1
Xbox One only
mdubz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2014, 11:55 AM   #1011
bubbsy
Franchise Player

Exp:

^ trying to keep this a console agnostic thread so as to avoid the back and forth bickering
Old 09-02-2014, 12:27 PM   #1012
mdubz
First Line Centre

Exp:

Quote:
^ trying to keep this a console agnostic thread so as to avoid the back and forth bickering
Had nothing to do with a console war. Just thought it should be known, as I clicked the link wanting to know about the cost and found out it was Xbox only.
mdubz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2014, 09:54 AM   #1013
bubbsy
Franchise Player

Exp:

so considering the early access date is thursday (tomorrow) will it be available for download tonight you think?
Old 09-03-2014, 10:41 AM   #1014
Igottago
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
so considering the early access date is thursday (tomorrow) will it be available for download tonight you think?
Not sure about the EA access trial but the full game is available for pre-order and pre-load on xbox live now. Guess that means we can download it and have it ready to play on release day.

I'm definitely getting it but I'm curious to hear impressions from people who get the EA access trial.

"I was like Christ, lying on my back, with my arms outstretched, crucified"
-- Frank Musil - Early January 1994
Igottago is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2014, 11:09 AM   #1015
Russic
Dances with Wolves

Exp:

At least we'll be able to find out if Be a Pro starts you in the minors. Again, not a mode I play, but that'd suck to be left out too. If I had to guess it's just a licensing issue rather than a technological one, so I don't see why it wouldn't be in there.
Russic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2014, 11:12 AM   #1016
Inferno
Franchise Player

Exp:

Like pretty much every other sports game I have 'Be a Pro' is the only mode I've played the last few years or so so I'm hoping it's not watered down this year.
Inferno is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2014, 04:04 PM   #1017
bubbsy
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Igottago View Post
Not sure about the EA access trial but the full game is available for pre-order and pre-load on xbox live now. Guess that means we can download it and have it ready to play on release day.

I'm definitely getting it but I'm curious to hear impressions from people who get the EA access trial.
it's preloading now on my xboxone and i have ea access, so let's see........... Will keep you posted.

all this early access, pre-load purchase, ultimate/exclusive additions, pre-order bonus', is getting way too confusing.

i noticed on some game cover pictures, you can see a $25 discount for gamecenter live included with the purchase. Do i miss out on this discount promo code for buying the game online?!?
Old 09-03-2014, 07:31 PM   #1018
Russic
Dances with Wolves

Exp:

Missed this from a few days ago, but it shows that the skill stick is a little deeper than I initially noticed.

Russic is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Russic For This Useful Post:
Old 09-03-2014, 08:46 PM   #1019
codynw
Franchise Player

Exp:

Well, that video didn't show me anything I didn't already know. Oh well.

They simplified the skill stick way too much. You can't even do any one handed dekes anymore. Although I do like the new backhand drag a lot.
codynw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2014, 11:33 PM   #1020
Mr.Coffee
damn onions

Exp:

well after reading the comments and everything, I'll pass for a second year. They seem to be going somewhere with this but it just doesn't seem worth it. Especially since I'd have to buy a whole console just to play it.
Mr.Coffee is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
chel , ea nhl , ea sports , next gen , nhl