Calgarypuck Forums - The Unofficial Calgary Flames Fan Community

Go Back   Calgarypuck Forums - The Unofficial Calgary Flames Fan Community > Main Forums > The Off Topic Forum > Food and Entertainment
Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

View Poll Results: Do you think Glenn is alive?
Yes 51 50.50%
No 50 49.50%
Voters: 101. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread

Old 02-27-2012, 12:41 PM   #1001
Wormius
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by GoinAllTheWay View Post
Hmm, that I don't recall. I thought they did show him kill it.

As far as the airborne part, I sure hope not as there is no way Rick and Shane wouldn't be infected now. Escpecially Rick after pulling that dead zombie onto himself as well as the 3 zombies he blew away when they were standing over him.

I mean honestly, at this point they are barely doing anything to keep zombie fluids off of them. In the first season when they hacked up that zombie for camoflauge, they were very careful not to get any fluids on them. This season we have seen people yanking arrows out of walkers and wiping the blood off on their pants or doing disections only wearing gloves, getting covered in blood when they open up with firearms. Certainly no where near the level of care as the first season. Only thing I can think of is the guy from the CDC in s01 told Rick something about how it transmits. Like possibly they are all already infected but that makes no sense.
If they think they have some slow degeneration caused by the virus, it may be the right motivation to get them off the farm and looking towards some place that might have a cure again. I don't know how the whole Walking Dead universe goes, but it seems like groups are so alienated from each other that without any communications infrastructure they would have a hard time knowing what it is happening out there and they need to start moving again.

I'd like to understand why they think they are better off in a small group instead of pooling resources with others who are in the same boat as them. Aside from being able to stay alive, there is no real... skill or talent in the group to do anything better than what they are doing now.
Old 02-27-2012, 12:42 PM   #1002
Wormius
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by GoinAllTheWay View Post
Which, coincidentaly, started right after the CDC part. However....

IF everyone is already infected that would indicate to me there are two viruses at work here (one turns you and one kills you) meaning you don't need to be bitten/scratched by a zombie to become one, you simply just have to die. I don't think we have seen that yet, someone just dying and turning.
I think the jerk got bitten, became feverish, died, and came back. Can't remember his name, but Sophie's dad.
Old 02-27-2012, 12:44 PM   #1003
surferguy
Monster Storm

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wormius View Post
If they think they have some slow degeneration caused by the virus, it may be the right motivation to get them off the farm and looking towards some place that might have a cure again. I don't know how the whole Walking Dead universe goes, but it seems like groups are so alienated from each other that without any communications infrastructure they would have a hard time knowing what it is happening out there and they need to start moving again.

I'd like to understand why they think they are better off in a small group instead of pooling resources with others who are in the same boat as them. Aside from being able to stay alive, there is no real... skill or talent in the group to do anything better than what they are doing now.

Maybe they should make a trade with the other outside group.

Shane for Randal and a first (e5)?

The Following User Says Thank You to surferguy For This Useful Post:
Old 02-27-2012, 12:45 PM   #1004
Mccree
#1 Goaltender

Exp:

I loved the shot of Shane looking at the window (of the building he threw the wrench in) and his reflection made him look like a Zombie. Thought it was great!!

The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Mccree For This Useful Post:
Old 02-27-2012, 12:50 PM   #1005
Lobotroth
Powerplay Quarterback

Exp:

Quote:
I think the jerk got bitten, became feverish, died, and came back. Can't remember his name, but Sophie's dad.
Same with Andrea's sister.
Old 02-27-2012, 12:51 PM   #1006
Wormius
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by surferguy View Post

But Shane is the face of the group. He can't be traded. He was the lead Walker and Uninfected killer the previous season.

What a sad 2012 trade deadline.
Old 02-27-2012, 12:55 PM   #1007
Wormius
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lobotroth View Post
Same with Andrea's sister.
Wasn't her wound life-threatening on its own though? Jim was just a bite, if I recall. Not that it makes much difference.
Old 02-27-2012, 01:03 PM   #1008
Ben_in_Canada
Powerplay Quarterback

Exp:

Quote:
But Shane is the face of the group. He can't be traded. He was the lead Walker and Uninfected killer the previous season.

What a sad 2012 trade deadline.
I wouldn't mind it if they split up the groups and followed both
Simultaneously with Shane leading the cowboy group into battle after deadly battle losing people every episode
Old 02-27-2012, 01:29 PM   #1009
MoneyGuy
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by surferguy View Post

Too late, the deadline has passed.
Old 02-27-2012, 01:32 PM   #1010
Teh_Bandwagoner
First Line Centre

Exp:

I'm pretty sure that zombie in the field was no one in particular. Looked to me like a chubby businessman in a tie at the end.
Old 02-27-2012, 02:31 PM   #1011
GoinAllTheWay
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Negative....his wife went midieval on his skull the next day. He never came back.

I think you are thinking of the guy that was rolling with Dale (Jim), the guy digging all the graves on the top of that hill in s01. He got bitten, became feverish but the dropped him off on the side of the road on their way into Atlanta. We never see him turn though.

Last edited by GoinAllTheWay; 02-27-2012 at 02:57 PM.
The Following User Says Thank You to GoinAllTheWay For This Useful Post:
Old 02-27-2012, 03:23 PM   #1012
Flame19,289
Powerplay Quarterback

Exp:

The "walkers" in this episode definitely seemed different, starting with the two cops that Rick and Shane took out at the gate. Was it me, or did they look a little more gray than pale?

I was also pondering the pile of incinerated bodies that Rick discovered at the Municipal Center, along with the pile that the group burned on the farm after Shane busted open the barn. Does that somehow tie into the explosian at the CDC? Perhaps incineration allows the virus to become airborne?
Old 02-27-2012, 03:30 PM   #1013
DuffMan
Franchise Player

Exp:

the walker in the field and the significance of the scratches with no bite marks, and Shane and his knife, might all be....nothing. I say that because everyone thought the arm falling off the truck had some significance, but now I don't think so. I think they may throw these things in, in case they need a storyline they can tie into it.
Old 02-27-2012, 03:45 PM   #1014
Parallex
I believe in the Jays.

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by DuffMan View Post
the walker in the field and the significance of the scratches with no bite marks, and Shane and his knife, might all be....nothing.
I think the Walker in the field has no particuler significance other then presenting a nice visual, I think there was some sort of message it was meant to convay to the viewer what exactly I don't know. Shane and the knife... I think that was an oversight by the show (i.e. I think they just didn't consider the implications of using the same knife... and I think they could just try to explain it away as him wiping it away offscreen). On the otherhand I think the "no bite marks" scene does have significance, I think it goes back to what the scientist whispered in Rick's ear and I think what he whispered was "It's airbourne" I think that the guards died and came back as walkers without being bitten.
Old 02-27-2012, 03:49 PM   #1015
Ben_in_Canada
Powerplay Quarterback

Exp:

I can't buy into the airboune theroy, that would be game over too quickly.
Old 02-27-2012, 03:56 PM   #1016
Parallex
I believe in the Jays.

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ben_in_Canada View Post
How so If the airbourne mutation of the virus doesn't become active until you die?
The Following User Says Thank You to Parallex For This Useful Post:
Old 02-27-2012, 03:59 PM   #1017
Rerun
Often Thinks About Pickles

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Parallex View Post
How so If the airbourne mutation of the virus doesn't become active until you die?
What killed the two cops? They surely didn't die of old age and they had no apparent injuries that would have killed them.

Either the scratches were infected by the virus, or they died of an airborn virus.
Old 02-27-2012, 04:16 PM   #1018
MrMastodonFarm
Lifetime Suspension

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ben_in_Canada View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Parallex View Post
Exactly.... right now everyone is affected, but when you die, that's when it takes over.

It also explains why some people aren't eaten. They die of other ways, then come back as a walker.
Old 02-27-2012, 04:17 PM   #1019
MrMastodonFarm
Lifetime Suspension

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by J-bo09 View Post
Interesting read on ign.com about how the last episodes with darabonds involvement was the mis-season finale. The new writers were unhappy with the slow burn pace of the show. I think we will see the show start picking up considerably in the last couple episodes.
That's interesting, I think Robert Kirkman is now more active in the series as well since Darabond left. I was fine with the slower pace, but if they are as good as last nights episode that's perfect.
Old 02-27-2012, 04:19 PM   #1020
Rerun
Often Thinks About Pickles

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrMastodonFarm View Post
Exactly.... right now everyone is affected, but when you die, that's when it takes over.

It also explains why some people aren't eaten. They die of other ways, then come back as a walker.
Who died of other ways and came back as a walker?
Closed Thread

Tags
brains! , i ate your momma , zombies