Calgarypuck Forums - The Unofficial Calgary Flames Fan Community

Go Back   Calgarypuck Forums - The Unofficial Calgary Flames Fan Community > Main Forums > The Back Burner: The Calgary Wranglers and Flames Prospects Forum
Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 11-23-2013, 06:12 PM   #1001
Alberta_Beef
Franchise Player

Exp:

Heat score, maybe high stick. Could be reviewed.

edit: nope, no review.
Alberta_Beef is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-23-2013, 06:12 PM   #1002
thymebalm
#1 Goaltender

Exp:

Heat up 1-0!!! NEMISZ!!

Hanowski! See what I have to deal with having Astle as my communication link.
Old 11-23-2013, 06:14 PM   #1003
Alberta_Beef
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by thymebalm View Post
post the replay. All I can find is "big hit" and "late hit" and "dirty hit" when I search it. I'm willing to believe that it's none of these, but just post it for everyone's sake that's wondering what the heck happened, including me.
believe it or not, not everyone knows how to rip video from online. I don't have the first clue on how to do it, nor do I care to learn just to make you look foolish
Old 11-23-2013, 06:15 PM   #1004
Roof-Daddy
Franchise Player

Exp:

Lines sound like this:

Ferland - Street - Reinhart
Hanowski - Knight - Nemisz
Granlund - Byron - Olson
Bancks - Jooris - MacDermid
Roof-Daddy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-23-2013, 06:15 PM   #1005
Alberta_Beef
Franchise Player

Exp:

bad call, even the Wild PBP guy said it clearly hit the boards/glass before going out.
Old 11-23-2013, 06:16 PM   #1006
Alberta_Beef
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Roof-Daddy View Post
Lines sound like this:

Ferland - Street - Reinhart
Hanowski - Knight - Nemisz
Granlund - Byron - Olson
Bancks - Jooris - MacDermid
thats close to what it has been recently, except last I knew Nemisz and Olson were flip flopped.
Old 11-23-2013, 06:17 PM   #1007
thymebalm
#1 Goaltender

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alberta_Beef View Post
believe it or not, not everyone knows how to rip video from online. I don't have the first clue on how to do it, nor do I care to learn just to make you look foolish
I don't know why you think you need to be so rude to me. Everyone online thinks they have the right to look down at everyone else. I'm trying to foster discussion. Be nice. Your sarcasm isn't needed or appreciated.
Old 11-23-2013, 06:18 PM   #1008
Alberta_Beef
Franchise Player

Exp:

Penalty Killed
Old 11-23-2013, 06:20 PM   #1009
Alberta_Beef
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
I don't know why you think you need to be so rude to me. Everyone online thinks they have the right to look down at everyone else. I'm trying to foster discussion. Be nice. Your sarcasm isn't needed or appreciated.
I don't appreciate you demanding I do something that has no benefit to me either. It's like you think because I forked over my hard earned money to follow the Heat that I owe it to you to "prove" things to you, things I have absolutely no reason to make up.
Old 11-23-2013, 06:21 PM   #1010
Alberta_Beef
Franchise Player

Exp:

Amazing save! Backdoor pass and robbed by Ortio
Old 11-23-2013, 06:23 PM   #1011
Alberta_Beef
Franchise Player

Exp:

This Iowa commentator is seriously hyping up Hanowski, and I don't think he has a colour guy, just one annoying voice. I wish the Heat audio feed wasn't so quiet today.
Old 11-23-2013, 06:24 PM   #1012
thymebalm
#1 Goaltender

Exp:

Quote:
I don't appreciate you demanding I do something that has no benefit to me either. It's like you think because I forked over my hard earned money to follow the Heat that I owe it to you to "prove" things to you, things I have absolutely no reason to make up.
You are reading way too much into my post to take that from it. Your argument is again short-sighted, inflammatory and rude. I'm a really nice person who's trying really hard to be a contributor to a team I like.

"demanding" is a big stretch. If you can't hack it, that's just how it is, you'll never be my authority on legal hits in pro hockey, i'm sorry if that bugs you.

You don't owe me anything but common human decency.
Old 11-23-2013, 06:32 PM   #1013
moon
Lifetime Suspension

Exp:

Quote:
He nicely explained to everyone that it was a clean hit and that he saw it, rewound it and watched it again to make sure. That perfectly answers your question and instead of thanks you come back basically calling him a liar based on some garbage about what kind of penalties Eager has taken recently.

Not only has he not been rude to you he has been nice enough to explain what happened in a situation you didn't see a second of. You should take some of your own advice and try to be nice and have human decency because you are acting like a dick and Alberta Beef is showing more restraint than most would.
moon is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to moon For This Useful Post:
Old 11-23-2013, 06:37 PM   #1014
Roof-Daddy
Franchise Player

Exp:

First intermission

1-0 Heat

Shots 7-4 for the Wild
Old 11-23-2013, 06:52 PM   #1015
BloodFetish
First Line Centre

Exp:

Quote:
I found highlights to that game but they didn't include the Eager hit.

You could have corrected Thymebalm and myself nicely without making a bit deal out of it, and we were only reporting on what the Heat PBP guy said for the benefit of those who take an interest in the Heat. Your post on the topic set the tone for everything that followed - why turn it into an argument?

Last edited by BloodFetish; 11-23-2013 at 07:00 PM.
BloodFetish is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to BloodFetish For This Useful Post:
Old 11-23-2013, 06:53 PM   #1016
thymebalm
#1 Goaltender

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by moon View Post
He nicely explained to everyone that it was a clean hit and that he saw it, rewound it and watched it again to make sure. That perfectly answers your question and instead of thanks you come back basically calling him a liar based on some garbage about what kind of penalties Eager has taken recently.

Not only has he not been rude to you he has been nice enough to explain what happened in a situation you didn't see a second of. You should take some of your own advice and try to be nice and have human decency because you are acting like a dick and Alberta Beef is showing more restraint than most would.
Why do you consider yourself to be some kind of peace keeper or authority? Google the incident, that's what people are saying about it. You've got 6 posts in an 11 page discussion about the Heat and 2 of them are from right now. Did you see some kind of signal in the sky and felt like Beef needed protection? You are going to resort to name calling? Will that help?

You don't even care about this team or the discussion therein, you just love drama. I spent an hour today typing up a writeup so we could all enjoy the game a little more. Why you think it's ok for you to just fly into a conversation you play no part in and insult me is unfathomable for me.

Why do I even bother...
Old 11-23-2013, 06:59 PM   #1017
Roof-Daddy
Franchise Player

Exp:

Three ridiculously awesome chances for the Heat in the early going of the second....no dice though. Hopefully it doesn't come back to bite us.
Old 11-23-2013, 07:01 PM   #1018
Roof-Daddy
Franchise Player

Exp:

Heat Goal.

2-0 Heat

Lamb from Olson and Byron
The Following User Says Thank You to Roof-Daddy For This Useful Post:
Old 11-23-2013, 07:02 PM   #1019
moon
Lifetime Suspension

Exp:

Quote:
Why do you consider yourself to be some kind of peace keeper or authority? Google the incident, that's what people are saying about it. You've got 6 posts in an 11 page discussion about the Heat and 2 of them are from right now. Did you see some kind of signal in the sky and felt like Beef needed protection? You are going to resort to name calling? Will that help?

You don't even care about this team or the discussion therein, you just love drama. I spent an hour today typing up a writeup so we could all enjoy the game a little more. Why you think it's ok for you to just fly into a conversation you play no part in and insult me is unfathomable for me.

Why do I even bother...
I am not a peace keeper or authority on anything. I was interested on whether Wotherspoon was injured on not and appreciated Alberta Beef saying what happened with the hit.

I am just stating my opinion on what happened not sure why that is a bad thing on a message board. Its okay for me to comment on a conversation because it is a messageboard and that is what it is here for.
moon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-23-2013, 07:03 PM   #1020
GettinIggyWithIt
Scoring Winger

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by moon View Post

He's not acting like a dick. It may have been presumptuous to think that the hit was dirty based on Eager's reputation but not unlikely. I don't see why it's so hard to believe that someone on an internet forum might want some proof before taking the word of another poster on the internet forum. Especially, given (as thymebalm said) the many tweets and comments on the internet calling it a dirty hit. I am not saying Alberta Beef is wrong. In fact, I'd be inclined to believe him given that he posts about the Heat quite often and seems to follow them closely. But I can also see why some might want to reserve that decision until they saw the video. It's not a big deal really...

Also, I am pretty sure you've asked for proof from a number of other posters on a variety of subjects - so you should know that it's not uncommon.
GettinIggyWithIt is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to GettinIggyWithIt For This Useful Post: