Calgarypuck Forums - The Unofficial Calgary Flames Fan Community

Go Back   Calgarypuck Forums - The Unofficial Calgary Flames Fan Community > Main Forums > Fire on Ice: The Calgary Flames Forum
Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Closed Thread

Old 03-20-2018, 09:28 AM   #981
dino7c
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by ricardodw View Post
How did Boston do giving after up Hamilton?

When they analyzed their situation they were a bubble team that just missed the playoffs.

They did not see Hamilton as a key piece worth a 5.8x6 contract. They did not get direct value from the players they drafted but right now they are waiting to play a home playoff game.

Would they want a do a do over on the trade?? Would having Hamilton for the last 3 years make them a better team now?
Such BS...they offered him a substantial deal and he wouldn't sign. They then traded him before he was offer sheeted to accelerate the picks. GM has confirmed all of this.

Boston being good right now is irrelevant... especially considering it has nothing to do with the players in this trade. I promise you they would rather have Hamilton right now than the guys they selected.
Old 03-20-2018, 09:33 AM   #982
ricardodw
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Monahammer View Post
Hamilton's contract is ####ing amazing compared to some of his comparables. I have no idea who you think we could sign for 5.5 million that would even come close.

Edit: here's a comparison for you. Subban and dougie have the exact same amount of even strength points. Subban is on a team that scores far more.
Subban is a beast. Subban is worth 3 Hamiltons maybe 4 in the playoffs.

Remember when Hamilton smashed Corey Perry in the crease and face washed him afterwards .... never ever ever gong to happen.
Old 03-20-2018, 09:34 AM   #983
ricardodw
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by dino7c View Post
Such BS...they offered him a substantial deal and he wouldn't sign. They then traded him before he was offer sheeted to accelerate the picks. GM has confirmed all of this.

Boston being good right now is irrelevant... especially considering it has nothing to do with the players in this trade. I promise you they would rather have Hamilton right now than the guys they selected.
They are tired of winning??
Old 03-20-2018, 09:37 AM   #984
Flamenspiel
Lifetime Suspension

Exp:

Yea, I think there is a tendency now to go back and trash Treliving for everything now. I don't buy that, he certainly made some good moves and probably should be kept on. To me the lottery pick, and the coaching hire stand out as big mistakes.

He needs to own the lottery pick mistake and I would expect a full explanation to the paying fans at the season ticket holder meeting. My guess is he was pressured into it because Edmonton had something on the table, it was probably as much about keeping him from Edmonton as improving Calgary. Hiring GG was a big mistake, and a lot of posters said so at the time, to fix that one he should fire GG immediately after the season.
The Following User Says Thank You to Flamenspiel For This Useful Post:
Old 03-20-2018, 09:38 AM   #985
ricardodw
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by dino7c View Post

Gaudreau was offered a substantial deal and wouldn't sign. No body offer sheeted him. Obviously Hamilton >>>>>>> Gaudreau when they were RFAs without arbitration.
Old 03-20-2018, 09:39 AM   #986
dino7c
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
They are tired of winning??
Wat? Just because they are having a good season doesn't mean every move they have even made was good.
Old 03-20-2018, 09:42 AM   #987
dino7c
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Gaudreau was offered a substantial deal and wouldn't sign. No body offer sheeted him. Obviously Hamilton >>>>>>> Gaudreau when they were RFAs without arbitration.
JG wasn't even elegible for an offer sheet...check your facts before making asinine comments

Everything I said came out of the mouth of the Bruins GM....look it up. Chia was gonna offer sheet him IMO. Bruins GM said they took the Flames deal to accelerate the picks. Then the Oilers trade similar picks for Reinhart right after.

Last edited by dino7c; 03-20-2018 at 09:51 AM.
The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to dino7c For This Useful Post:
Old 03-20-2018, 10:27 AM   #988
Vinny01
Franchise Player

Exp:

The Hamilton deal was a stroke if genius. The team clearly overachieved the previous year but Treliving was able to add to that group while still looking to the future. By far his best move as Flames GM.

That trade and his good value re-signings are the main reason I feel he should get another coach hire and the ability to right the ship for another season.

If the team fails again next year then a change can be made in season or at the end but not at the end of this season
The Following User Says Thank You to Vinny01 For This Useful Post:
atb
Old 03-20-2018, 10:32 AM   #989
flamesfever
First Line Centre

Exp:

Although I am not onside with Treliving's major moves, I am impressed with his ability to negotiate reasonable contracts e.g. Gaudreau, Monahan, and Backlund.
Old 03-20-2018, 10:34 AM   #990
Toonage
Taking a while to get to 5000

Exp:

If Treliving is removed (which I doubt), he has certainly set the team up well financially to improve and make personnel adjustments. And if he is in fact removed (again, I doubt it) would people be open to seeing the team of Dean Lombardi as GM and Darryl Sutter as coach? Cup winning management as recently as 2014
Old 03-20-2018, 10:37 AM   #991
Bingo
Owner

Exp:

Quote:
You're just trolling at this point.

You didn't even address the fact that it's a known fact that he signed basically the same contract in Calgary that he turned down in Boston.

Then you go on to make up a fantasy offer sheet possibility for Gaudreau that wasn't even possible.
The Following 8 Users Say Thank You to Bingo For This Useful Post:
Old 03-20-2018, 04:03 PM   #992
jayswin
Celebrated Square Root Day

Exp:

Quote:
How did Boston do giving after up Hamilton?

When they analyzed their situation they were a bubble team that just missed the playoffs.

They did not see Hamilton as a key piece worth a 5.8x6 contract. They did not get direct value from the players they drafted but right now they are waiting to play a home playoff game.

Would they want a do a do over on the trade?? Would having Hamilton for the last 3 years make them a better team now?
More BS from you on the Flames. The Bruins absolutely wanted Hamilton. They were informed he wasn't happy with them and was going to demand WAY more than what the Flames paid or he wasn't going to sign so they were forced to trade him.

C'mon, this is our team, you can't get bull**** like that past hundreds of hardcore fans when we were all here following every damn turn of the Hamilton excitement.
Old 03-20-2018, 04:06 PM   #993
jayswin

Exp:

Quote:
HE COULDN'T BE OFFER SHEETED!!! God damn man, stop making things up. You're a Jets fan on a Flames board, we know what's going on with our team. Jesus.
Old 03-20-2018, 04:07 PM   #994
zamler
Lifetime Suspension

Exp:

The anger level is boiling over. Can't say I blame anyone.
Old 03-20-2018, 04:12 PM   #995
colbym72
First Line Centre

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by zamler View Post
Thats what happens when people just make stuff up lol. This will be a fun offseason
Old 03-20-2018, 04:15 PM   #996
jayswin

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by zamler View Post
Not really anger (although, I guess it comes off that way in text), just frustration at one poster who comes on here and pretends he's a Flames fan (he still has yet to acknowledge the plethora of posts that confirms he's a Jets fan) and spews a bunch of incorrect BS to a fan base that knows the ins and outs of our team.

It's just so stupid.
Old 03-20-2018, 04:17 PM   #997
Beninho
Franchise Player

Exp:

I will not be purchasing or watching anything related to the Flames until Treliving fires GG. Should’ve happened in December but he couldn’t swallow his pride. Treliving has miss valued this team and their actual needs. The fact that he stated his biggest worry before the season was how they would score goals is so damming, if that is your biggest worry maybe don’t unload all your picks for a defensive Dman who has been just as effective as the Dman you exposed to Vegas. If anything Engelland was much better offensively as well.

This Hamonic deal is a tire fire trade, I’ve yet to see the physical presence that hamonic brings. If you think Hamonic has been a physical force you do not remember when Reghr was here. Not only has been a dissapoitment defensively but offensively it doesn’t get worse than him on the back end. Big 11 pts from a guy you traded a soon to be lottery pick and 2 seconds, not like the first was enough. Oh and it is not like this Dman was having the worst season he’s ever had the season prior , putting up a -21. Just a god awful trade that this team will be regretting for the next 10 years. At least his contract is good. Treliving should be on the hot seat for this season and this dissastorous trade.

Last edited by Beninho; 03-20-2018 at 04:27 PM.
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Beninho For This Useful Post:
Old 03-20-2018, 04:22 PM   #998
Computerjungle
Backup Goalie

Exp:

If i were flames owners i would offer Joel Quenneville GM and coach postition. That'll get em'
Old 03-20-2018, 04:42 PM   #999
dammage79
Franchise Player

Exp:

Do you go out and bring in a guy like Paul Fenton? Is he an upgrade on Treliving? From what I have heard and read, he has done a ton of the legwork on this Nashville build. Not taking away anything at all from Poile.
Old 03-20-2018, 05:02 PM   #1000
dino7c
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Computerjungle View Post
If i were flames owners i would offer Joel Quenneville GM and coach postition. That'll get em'
Isn't he currently coaching another team?