Calgarypuck Forums - The Unofficial Calgary Flames Fan Community

Go Back   Calgarypuck Forums - The Unofficial Calgary Flames Fan Community > Main Forums > The Off Topic Forum > Tech Talk
Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 11-28-2022, 01:54 PM   #81
Buff
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fuzz View Post
I'd say good luck, and call back often. It usually takes 3 or 4 tries before any billing change "sticks". Sometimes it will take a year or more. Ask for names and contact info of who you deal with for the next step.

I've once had to resort to contacting the executive level, which of course resolved it rapidly with apologies. Here is where you name drop and list the previous dates of contacting them and names, so they know you've made an effort.

https://www.telus.com/en/about/leadership-team

Jim Senko I think would work for you.

The email address format is [first name].[last name]@telus.com

You can also contact the CRTC.

Final step is to get rid of Telus and never send a dime there way again.

Definitely have the final step all planned out. Just trying to figure out the steps to get there has been the challenge!
Buff is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2022, 12:42 PM   #82
Buff
Franchise Player

Exp:

Waiting for final statement but things may have been sorted out. My mom was too impatient and went down to the Telus store. They confirmed that her recent bill was reversed. So she had to call Telus support to cancel her phone, which they did and also confirmed that she owes nothing more. So hopefully this works out. She's supposed to get one more statement and if it is indeed closed then she's moving her land line to a different provider too.
Buff is online now   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Buff For This Useful Post:
Old 08-06-2023, 05:37 PM   #83
Faust
Scoring Winger

Exp:

Telus slashing 6,000 jobs amid drop in 2nd quarter profits:

https://www.cbc.ca/news/business/tel...offs-1.6927701
Faust is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2023, 05:47 PM   #84
Locke
Franchise Player

Exp:

Yeah, pretty soon this thread isnt going to have anyone left in it.

This Post Has Been Distilled for the Eradication of Seemingly Incurable Sadness.

The World Ends when you're dead. Until then, you've got more punishment in store. - Flames Fans

Life is pain. Anyone who says differently is selling something. - The Dread Pirate Roberts
Locke is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2023, 01:50 PM   #85
Huntingwhale
Franchise Player

Exp:

Just "upgraded" from Shaw to Telus on what seemed like a pretty sweet deal, from 150mbps to fibre giganet (~940mbps) due to my recent move to Koodo. $75/month for gigabit fibre. Yet I am disappointed in the speed, both DL and UL. Myself nor the tech guys could get anywhere close to those high listed speeds on DL or UL. I mean sure, it's faster than the 150 I had prior, but 250-400 is nowhere close to 1000. We tried multiple devices, around both the booster and main modem, with my extender, multiple speed test sites, etc. The closest we got was fast.com actually hitting over 1GB once, but never able to replicate that speed again or on any other site.

I made the guys stick around until they got on a call with support who said they removed some error from my modem and it should hit much higher speeds once the device "settles in". Hopefully that is true...

Anyone else have any issues with Telus gigabit fibre recently?
Huntingwhale is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2023, 03:55 PM   #86
White Out 403
Franchise Player

Exp:

It's come to my understanding that now if you have to have a tech to your home for any reason it's an automatic $150 non-negotiable charge. It's only reversed if the technician goes on sites and confirms its a telus issue.
White Out 403 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2024, 10:22 AM   #87
jerichozo
Backup Goalie

Exp:

Our internet keeps dropping out it's so frustrating
jerichozo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2024, 01:31 PM   #88
White Out 403
Franchise Player

Exp:

I still have a lot of friends that work at the company; management and union friends who still work there. The company is offering more packages and want to reduce the workforce by another 10% in canada.

As it stands now if you call in your 80% likely to get somebody overseas. It sounds like that's going to go to 100%. Everyday customer interactions will be completely offshore. I have a lot of thoughts about this I think it's incredibly sad. I knew it was coming, which is why I took the package so that I could go out on my own terms and start working on a new career. But there's something deeply Insidious about what's happening in the industry. This is a company that only exists as we know it now because of the largesse of the Alberta and British Columbia taxpayer. This was a crown Corporation that built up enormous cash reserves and client base based on being a crown Corporation with a built-in monopoly. The amount of money that this company made from its copper Services which you and I paid for is unimaginable.

And now pretty soon there will be a matter of a few hundred Canadian onshore workers for this telecommunications company. All those good-paying jobs overseas for a fraction of the price and taxes being paid to other governments. It's pretty wild stuff and fairly indicative of a lot of work going overseas and offshore. But again, because this was a crown Corporation and it's a utility there's something especially ####ty about this. And to anyone who thinks that your bill is going to go down because Telus will pay somebody and the Philippines or Guatemala or India a fraction of the rate you should know that Telus has been busily offshoring for the past 15 years and those savings has been given to the executives and the biggest shareholders. The crtc is a completely Toothless and worthless organization that is standing by and watching, and doing nothing.

Darren Entwistle and the entire board are a bunch of soulless vampires who are blight on our country.

Last edited by White Out 403; 02-22-2024 at 04:12 PM.
Old 07-12-2024, 02:15 PM   #89
White Out 403
Franchise Player

Exp:

Scumbag company continues to be scumbags

https://usw1944.ca/articles/return-o...office-closure

Quote:
Hello members,

It is with great sadness and outrage that we must report a substantial and unacceptable change to the At Home Agent program that has been a cornerstone of call centre members' professional lives for the past several years. TELUS and ADT by Telus has announced a return to the office, 3 days a week for most of their Customer Experience employees. When the company needed us to adapt during the COVID-19 pandemic, we stepped up and delivered in class excellence for our customers without hesitation. Now, TELUS is betraying our trust and undermining the progress we have made.

This abrupt decision marks a sharp departure from the efforts TELUS has made over the past few years to close offices and promote remote work. We have proven that working from home not only works but also results in greater work-life balance for our members. Many of us even made significant changes to home life to ensure the continuation of this successful arrangement.

To make matters worse, our members in Ontario have been dealt a devastating blow. On top of the return-to-office directive, they have been informed that there is no office to return to in the province. TELUS has decided to eliminate all call centre offices in Ontario, forcing our members to either relocate to Montreal or accept a so-called 'voluntary' severance package. This illusion of choice, to uproot families and move to another province or face unemployment, is nothing short of disgusting.

We are deeply concerned by TELUS' reckless decision-making, which continually shifts their business model at the expense of our members' well-being. We understand the immense anxiety and uncertainty this brings to you and your families, and we stand with you.

Rest assured, we are exploring all avenues, legal and otherwise, to combat this action. We will not stand by while TELUS disregards the hard work and dedication of our members.

Further updates will be coming soon, and please do not hesitate to reach out to your Local Union Representative with any concerns or questions.

In Solidarity,

USW Local 1944
https://globalnews.ca/news/10617207/...kers-relocate/

Quote:
Telus Corp. has informed around 150 call centre employees based in Ontario they must relocate by October, apply for another role or agree to be laid off.

The union representing those workers, United Steelworkers Local 1944, said it was informed Tuesday that affected employees would have the option of working in Montreal, calling it a “backdoor termination” by Telus in an attempt to reduce the company’s head count.

The move is part of a larger reorganization announced internally on Wednesday. It will require around 1,000 call centre employees across the country, who have been working remotely since the COVID-19 pandemic began, to return to the office three days a week starting in September.

But customer service agents in Ontario won’t have a local office to return to because Telus is closing its Barrie location, which housed its Ontario contact centre, “following a thoughtful review of our real estate,” said spokeswoman Brandi Merker.

“We’ve been on a journey to evolve our customer service, increasingly offering digital and self-serve options that continue to decrease call volumes,” she said in an emailed statement.

“As part of this evolution, we’re investing in our frontline team members with training, reskilling and new tools that modernize our capabilities so that when customers do need to call us for more complex situations, their issue is resolved the first time, every time.”

Merker said those who accept relocation will receive financial support, while the voluntary separation package being offered exceeds the requirements of the Canada Labour Code.

“While we hope our team is excited to evolve and grow with us, we know this is a change to the way we work today, and in particular, represents a significant personal decision for our Ontario-based team members,” she said.

Last edited by White Out 403; 07-12-2024 at 02:19 PM.
Old 07-14-2024, 10:14 AM   #90
mrkajz44
First Line Centre

Exp:

I mean, having employees go back to the office 3 days a week is hardly some wild idea. Not sure you can fire up the outrage meter for that.

Now, the forced relocation is a totally different thing and that is brutal for those effected.

Sent from my VOG-L04 using Tapatalk
Old 07-16-2024, 03:33 PM   #91
White Out 403
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by mrkajz44 View Post
I mean, having employees go back to the office 3 days a week is hardly some wild idea. Not sure you can fire up the outrage meter for that.

Now, the forced relocation is a totally different thing and that is brutal for those effected.

Sent from my VOG-L04 using Tapatalk
Within context it's awful, yes, actually. In March'20 when COVID was happening, they sent us home. After a year or so they made it permanent and renamed At Home Agent to something else I forget, and told us we were permanently at home.

People moved. People changed their life around knowing they were working at home. edit: I should add they also allowed high performers who hit 100% of every single metric to move anywhere in Canada and live as far away from their home office as they want, as long as they had quality internet. This is a disgusting about face from soulless creeps.

Productivity went up, people were happy. Sick time went down.

This is a move done purely out of spite to make on shore Canadian reps hate their life even more than they already do. The company saves on real estate, and employees perform worse in office.

telus employs AI to transcribe every. single. word. of every call. If you dont try and sell every single call you will get written up. They have an ai deployed to track your mouse movement every single minute of the day, and write people up if they have enough instances built up of no mouse movement for 2-3 minutes. I've been in those meetings as a shop steward, watching the company drop a 5 day suspension on someone for 2-3 minute mouse breaks they let build up over months.

This is corporation run by nasty people who will step over their own employees to save a nickel. The very existence of the company was predicated on a crown corporation becoming wealthy from no competition and built with tax payer dollars, and now are suddenly private free market lovers. #### them.

Last edited by White Out 403; 07-16-2024 at 03:36 PM.
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to White Out 403 For This Useful Post:
Old 07-16-2024, 03:39 PM   #92
Cecil Terwilliger
That Crazy Guy at the Bus Stop

Exp:

In 5 years or less there won’t be any Telus employees in Canada. It’ll be AI or overseas. And prices will continue to increase as the monopoly of telecoms increase.

This is the future of commerce and capitalism.

Last edited by Cecil Terwilliger; 07-16-2024 at 03:48 PM.
Cecil Terwilliger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2024, 08:17 PM   #93
calgarywinning
First Line Centre

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by White Out 403 View Post
Within context it's awful, yes, actually. In March'20 when COVID was happening, they sent us home. After a year or so they made it permanent and renamed At Home Agent to something else I forget, and told us we were permanently at home.

People moved. People changed their life around knowing they were working at home. edit: I should add they also allowed high performers who hit 100% of every single metric to move anywhere in Canada and live as far away from their home office as they want, as long as they had quality internet. This is a disgusting about face from soulless creeps.

Productivity went up, people were happy. Sick time went down.

This is a move done purely out of spite to make on shore Canadian reps hate their life even more than they already do. The company saves on real estate, and employees perform worse in office.

telus employs AI to transcribe every. single. word. of every call. If you dont try and sell every single call you will get written up. They have an ai deployed to track your mouse movement every single minute of the day, and write people up if they have enough instances built up of no mouse movement for 2-3 minutes. I've been in those meetings as a shop steward, watching the company drop a 5 day suspension on someone for 2-3 minute mouse breaks they let build up over months.

This is corporation run by nasty people who will step over their own employees to save a nickel. The very existence of the company was predicated on a crown corporation becoming wealthy from no competition and built with tax payer dollars, and now are suddenly private free market lovers. #### them.
I couldn't appreciate your hate for this company anymore. Except they use animated cute animals for TV ads, pretend to give back to communities and have no care or concern for a customer. This is truly Sauron's Telus.
calgarywinning is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to calgarywinning For This Useful Post: