Calgarypuck Forums - The Unofficial Calgary Flames Fan Community

Go Back   Calgarypuck Forums - The Unofficial Calgary Flames Fan Community > Main Forums > Fire on Ice: The Calgary Flames Forum
Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 03-01-2024, 09:31 AM   #81
TheIronMaiden
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by PepsiFree View Post
Totally. It’s a usesless train wreck. Always has been, always will be. Before what a few sniveling “pick me” types have turned into “Gif Gate” it was just waves of off topic, irrelevant nonsense surrounding completely made up fan rumours with a biweekly post saying “so, any ACTUAL rumours?” despite every SINGLE legitimate Flames-related rumour getting it’s own thread, every time.

The idea that it ever represented some bastion of decorum, integrity, or quality is just the next in line of a hilarious run of justifications for people jealous that others get more attention than they do to complain about people posting gifs on the internet.

The gifs, the “insiderrrr” rumours, it’s whatever. It’s the same as made up proposals to me: entertainment. None of it matters. True or not? Doesn’t matter. Impacts literally nothing.

But the constant complaining about it followed by the “omg please don’t stop posting” is a significantly worse development. Because they’re guilty of the worst transgression of all: not being entertaining.
I wish we could get sliver to post in the rumours thread. That would really get the people going!
TheIronMaiden is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to TheIronMaiden For This Useful Post:
Old 03-01-2024, 09:32 AM   #82
Wood
First Line Centre

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Slava View Post
I don't know why I'm wading into this, but here goes. I've had some definitive inside info on things in the past. I debated posting it here and didn't (plenty of reasons why not), but let's just say it was about a big deal and my "source" is someone who you would all recognize if I posted their name.

Thing is, the deal fell through. There are a million moving parts, even in the super straight forward trades and free agent signings. You could be talking to Conroy himself and think something is a sure-thing and then something happens to scuttle it. Remember when Iginla was definitely going to Boston?

I don't really understand why people would pile on guys posting what they know here.
Exactly, I'm not sure what the issue is with the recent info

The Markstrom stuff is 100% true, it just didn't get past the finish line

Sec doesn't need to do the whole take my ball and go home routine when people question his info I guess, but I'm confident he's not just making things up
Wood is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Wood For This Useful Post:
Old 03-01-2024, 09:32 AM   #83
cam_calderon
Scoring Winger

Exp:

Sliver's absence from Fire on Ice is a travesty. He doesn't even like hockey, lol.
Old 03-01-2024, 09:33 AM   #84
PepsiFree
Participant
Participant

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheIronMaiden View Post
I wish we could get sliver to post in the rumours thread. That would really get the people going!
I don’t think FOI people could handle Sliver.
PepsiFree is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to PepsiFree For This Useful Post:
Old 03-01-2024, 09:38 AM   #85
Winsor_Pilates
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Slava View Post
I don't know why I'm wading into this, but here goes. I've had some definitive inside info on things in the past. I debated posting it here and didn't (plenty of reasons why not), but let's just say it was about a big deal and my "source" is someone who you would all recognize if I posted their name.

Thing is, the deal fell through. There are a million moving parts, even in the super straight forward trades and free agent signings. You could be talking to Conroy himself and think something is a sure-thing and then something happens to scuttle it. Remember when Iginla was definitely going to Boston?

I don't really understand why people would pile on guys posting what they know here.
There's probably 100 or more posters here with connections of some sort like yourself.
Only a couple have made a point to label themselves and make sure everyone knows they are insiders.
Definitely nothing wrong with that and I agree no point in piling on them, but I also don't get the obsession with asking them what's going on all the time.
They know no more or less than many other CP members who aren't claiming the insider title.

The truest insider here is clearly Sureloss.
The speed and accuracy at which they post every legit transaction and serious rumour is amazing. I wonder if they're an AI bot, it just seems impossible to be that quick and accurate all the time.
And they never ask for credit or validation either. Sureloss is god.
Winsor_Pilates is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Winsor_Pilates For This Useful Post:
Old 03-01-2024, 09:43 AM   #86
Heavy Jack
Franchise Player

Exp:

Yea I mean, dissentowner has been a dedicated poster here for years and because Gaudreau waffles in the 11th hour he still has to deal with passive aggressive posts, sometimes out of no where completely unrelated to the topic being discussed, taking flyby’s about how he didn’t get the Gaudreau situation right.

We are pretty privileged as a fan base to have a meta hot bed like CP that has a diverse group of posters both professionally and indirectly associated with the team that we love - and honestly other teams as well - that provide us with the rumours to even allow us the rich speculation that’s discussed here which is beyond fun and brings many different lenses and viewpoints to the table.

What’s not fun is having to wade through posts/posters who question the info for no good reason other than being contrary. Debate it properly or move on if you disagree but can’t articulate anything more than cheap flyby’s like ‘another S1C from Sec’ , it’s pretty simple. Also, to the posters who are also going ‘the ones who are defending the insiders are just as annoying’ while I agree it’s annoying to have to constantly speak to simple decorum and respect concepts, I disagree with the ‘just as’ sentiment lol. This is why we can’t have nice things!
Heavy Jack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2024, 09:46 AM   #87
heep223
Could Care Less

Exp:

Waiting for Sec214 to post a gif in here like

heep223 is online now   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to heep223 For This Useful Post:
Old 03-01-2024, 09:54 AM   #88
topfiverecords
Franchise Player

Exp:

Leslie eyeballs > the-rasta-masta post > Bingo complaining about people whining about insiderrrs > Friedman thoughts > dissentowner post > Sec214 post with words > Other info posts from users who infrequently claim it's from a source > Sec214 gif followed by post with words in short order > Sec214 gif > People whining about insiderrrs > Weekes in the laundry room

Last edited by topfiverecords; 03-01-2024 at 10:25 AM.
topfiverecords is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2024, 09:57 AM   #89
Heavy Jack
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Winsor_Pilates View Post
There's probably 100 or more posters here with connections of some sort like yourself.
Only a couple have made a point to label themselves and make sure everyone knows they are insiders.
Definitely nothing wrong with that and I agree no point in piling on them, but I also don't get the obsession with asking them what's going on all the time.
They know no more or less than many other CP members who aren't claiming the insider title.

The speed and accuracy at which they post every legit transaction and serious rumour is amazing. I wonder if they're an AI bot, it just seems impossible to be that quick and accurate all the time.
Considering sureLoss predates AI it wouldn’t surprise me if AI is sureLoss
Heavy Jack is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Heavy Jack For This Useful Post:
Old 03-01-2024, 10:06 AM   #90
TrentCrimmIndependent
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by cam_calderon View Post
Sliver's absence from Fire on Ice is a travesty. He doesn't even like hockey, lol.
I don't even understand how one ends up being a regular on CP off topic without dabbling in FOI ever or caring for hockey.

Too bad we can't bait him into liking it. His totally unfiltered takes are wasted in that cesspool.
TrentCrimmIndependent is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2024, 10:08 AM   #91
cam_calderon
Scoring Winger

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by TrentCrimmIndependent View Post
I don't even understand how one ends up being a regular on CP off topic without dabbling in FOI ever or caring for hockey.

Too bad we can't bait him into liking it. His totally unfiltered takes are wasted in that cesspool.
I don't really get it either, but his off topic takes are more than enough for my daily entertainment.
Old 03-01-2024, 10:10 AM   #92
Bingo
Owner

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by topfiverecords View Post
Leslie eyeballs > the-rasta-masta post > Friedman thoughts > dissentowner post > Sec214 post with words > Other info posts from users who infrequently claim it's from a source > Sec214 gif followed by post with words in short order > Sec214 gif > People whining about insiderrrs > Weekes in the laundry room > Bingo complaining about people whining about insiderrrs
New level of understanding!

"Stop ragging on people providing information."

"Cool ... here's a ranking of my dislike of insiders capped off with hammering the site owner!"
Bingo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2024, 10:21 AM   #93
topfiverecords
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bingo View Post
New level of understanding!

"Stop ragging on people providing information."

"Cool ... here's a ranking of my dislike of insiders capped off with hammering the site owner!"
I think I've come to a new level of understanding. It's your perspective, as proven here as it's very obvious I listed in rank of like not dislike. You've pre-chosen to read my post as negative.

You came 11th, which sure, it's not top 10 which would have been nice but you came above hundreds of others I didn't list, so you shouldn't feel too bad.
Old 03-01-2024, 10:21 AM   #94
jayswin
Celebrated Square Root Day

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Winsor_Pilates View Post
Unless I'm misremembering I don't think sureloss is an insider as much as mindblowingly fast at posting info as it drops to the public. Which is a huge net positive for the board, as it means we can just browse here on big days like draft day/trade deadline etc.

RastaMasta is definitely the biggest insider we have here, he must know someone very close to the action as he'll just simply post things like "Backlund signing for two years at $4.5mil AAV, probably tomorrow".

Last edited by jayswin; 03-01-2024 at 10:25 AM.
jayswin is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to jayswin For This Useful Post:
Old 03-01-2024, 10:23 AM   #95
Bingo
Owner

Exp:

Quote:
I think I've come to a new level of understanding. It's your perspective, as proven here as it's very obvious I listed in rank of like not dislike. You've pre-chosen to read my post as negative.

You came 11th, which sure, it's not top 10 which would have been nice but you came above hundreds of others I didn't list, so you shouldn't feel too bad.
It's a pissy poke at someone after a request to stop the pissy pokes.

Couldn't spell it out any more clearly.
Old 03-01-2024, 10:24 AM   #96
topfiverecords
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
It's a pissy poke at someone after a request to stop the pissy pokes.

Couldn't spell it out any more clearly.
It's not even close to a pissy poke. Couldn't spell it out any more clearly.
Old 03-01-2024, 10:24 AM   #97
jayswin
Celebrated Square Root Day

Exp:

I'll also admit to being one of the original skeptics to some of the CP inside stuff, but I stepped back as I understand it's fun for people and there's no value in continually bringing it up. Sec214's stuff has clearly been very on point the past couple months, there's no real skepticism against what he provides on my part.

Sometimes it seems weird how much detailed insider stuff is posted on CP (now that we have a group of proclaimed insiders) to the point where it sounds like there's sources inside Flames management offices about what could be happening, but there's not even a sniff of info when a major trade drops. I agree with that criticism to a degree.

Yes, it's true that trades get close and never happen, so that's fair that we'd have lots of inside info that doesn't come to fruition, it's more the zero knowledge when they do happen that seems weird. You'd think if the group has a million details as a collective about any given trade rumour, that they'd have some info on an actual trade before it happens.

Last edited by jayswin; 03-01-2024 at 10:30 AM.
jayswin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2024, 10:24 AM   #98
Bingo
Owner

Exp:

Quote:
It's not even close to a pissy poke. Couldn't spell it out any more clearly.
For sure ... mocking my last response will make that case strongly.

Just put me on ignore man.

Do us both a favour.
Old 03-01-2024, 10:25 AM   #99
topfiverecords
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
For sure ... mocking my last response will make that case strongly.

Just put me on ignore man.

Do us both a favour.
Fine, I'll edit it for you.
Old 03-01-2024, 10:25 AM   #100
Dentoman
Scoring Winger

Exp:

As someone who followed and fell for the Ohtani to the Jays rumours, I'll take any potential inside info I can. It's entertainment. If it's right, great, if it's not, I enjoyed the ride (just like Ohtani's plane ride from LA to Toronto)
Dentoman is offline   Reply With Quote