Calgarypuck Forums - The Unofficial Calgary Flames Fan Community

Go Back   Calgarypuck Forums - The Unofficial Calgary Flames Fan Community > Main Forums > Fire on Ice: The Calgary Flames Forum
Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Closed Thread

Old 10-06-2020, 09:55 AM   #81
ComixZone
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by agulati View Post
If they are waiting to sign Hall, I don't see how a potential deal gets any picks from this draft, unless we trade for Hall's rights, sign him to a contract and flip Gaudreau in the next 7/8 hours.
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to ComixZone For This Useful Post:
Old 10-06-2020, 09:56 AM   #82
Crown Royal
Lifetime Suspension

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by SuperMatt18 View Post
The Duchene-Turris-Picks deal could be used as the Framework.

Stamkos goes to Calgary for Gaudreau + 19th OV + Kylington.

Then Gaudreau goes somewhere else for 1st + Prospect.

Tampa ends up with two 1sts and prospects taking on no cap.

Flames end up with Stamkos.

Third team ends up with Gaudreau.
This whole thing is to help Tampa out, for the upgrade from Johnny to Stammer to cost our 1st plus Kylington seems like overkill.
The Following User Says Thank You to Crown Royal For This Useful Post:
Old 10-06-2020, 09:56 AM   #83
DomeFoam
Scoring Winger

Exp:

I don't think Pierre McGuire saying he can see the Flyers and Devils having interest in Gaudreau is anything tangible at all. Just reiterating what everyone else is thinking.

Saying you could see something happening is different than actively pursuing it.
Old 10-06-2020, 09:57 AM   #84
Makarov
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vinny01 View Post
https://mobile.twitter.com/NHL_Watch...99193378582531

Pierre Maguire says Flyers, Devils, Jackets in on Gaudreau but Flames need to get Hall signed before they make the move.

Long speculated by our fanbase
Well, this is what that tweet (which came from someone listening to Maguire on the radio, not from Maguire himself) actually said: Maguire could see the Flyers, Devils and Blue Jackets being interested in Gaudreau. That sounds like pure speculation to me.

Then, the listener ("NHL Watcher") adds: "More to this rumour, the Flames would move Gaudreau if they can sign Taylor Hall". It is not at all clear what the source of that information is (whether Maguire said it on the radio, or if it is from some other unidentified source).
Old 10-06-2020, 09:57 AM   #85
Geeoff
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vinny01 View Post
There is no goalie on the trade block that has a great contract to acquire. Kuemper would be enticing if that was a 4 year deal but I am not interested in giving up a 1st for 2 years where he would be 1.5M cheaper than Markstrom who would also come with 5-6 years of term.
I really like the idea of exploring Fleury because Vegas NEEDS to move him before next season. Could be an advantageous situation to get a good goalie
Old 10-06-2020, 09:58 AM   #86
Crown Royal
Lifetime Suspension

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Geeoff View Post
I really like the idea of exploring Fleury because Vegas NEEDS to move him before next season. Could be an advantageous situation to get a good goalie
If we're taking a chance on declining goalie, I'd rather sign Holtby and not pay 7m
The Following User Says Thank You to Crown Royal For This Useful Post:
Old 10-06-2020, 09:59 AM   #87
dissentowner
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by DomeFoam View Post
I don't think Pierre McGuire saying he can see the Flyers and Devils having interest in Gaudreau is anything tangible at all. Just reiterating what everyone else is thinking.

Saying you could see something happening is different than actively pursuing it.
Yes but you got to spin it to get clicks.
Old 10-06-2020, 09:59 AM   #88
SuperMatt18
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Crown Royal View Post
This whole thing is to help Tampa out, for the upgrade from Johnny to Stammer to cost our 1st plus Kylington seems like overkill.
Honestly it probably is too much with Tampa taking on no cap back. Maybe it doesn't have to include the 1st.

Meant it more as a general idea of what a structure could look like, honestly tough to know what Stamkos value is right now.
Old 10-06-2020, 10:02 AM   #89
loob job
Powerplay Quarterback

Exp:

I know that the Flyers are talking internally about Laine, makes sense too.
Old 10-06-2020, 10:05 AM   #90
442scotty
First Line Centre

Exp:

My wish for this week is no more Neal/Brouwer type signings and no Hail Mary trades!
Old 10-06-2020, 10:07 AM   #91
Lanny_McDonald
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by ComixZone View Post
Devils —> 7th Overall +
If the deal goes down after signing Hall, the draft pick scenario doesn't make any sense. The Devils would have to take the player the Flames want and then hope Hall signs with the Flames. Not likely. Flames will also have to take on salary.

Quote:
Flyers —> Patrick + Frost
Flames will have no interest in Patrick. You don't trade a franchise player for a guy with a chronic condition that can knock him out for extended periods of time at a moment's notice. Flames will also have to take on some salary.

Quote:
Blue Jackets —> Nothing of interest, move along.
Nothing? Seth Jones? Zach Werenski? Pierre Luc Dubois? Josh Anderson? Oliver Bjorkstrand? Elvis Mzerlikins? Joonas Korpisalo? Seems there is lots there that could be quite useful. Components are there IMO.
Old 10-06-2020, 10:10 AM   #92
ComixZone
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by New Era View Post
If the deal goes down after signing Hall, the draft pick scenario doesn't make any sense. The Devils would have to take the player the Flames want and then hope Hall signs with the Flames. Not likely. Flames will also have to take on salary.

Flames will have no interest in Patrick. You don't trade a franchise player for a guy with a chronic condition that can knock him out for extended periods of time at a moment's notice. Flames will also have to take on some salary.

Nothing? Seth Jones? Zach Werenski? Pierre Luc Dubois? Josh Anderson? Oliver Bjorkstrand? Elvis Mzerlikins? Joonas Korpisalo? Seems there is lots there that could be quite useful. Components are there IMO.
Jones, Werenski, Dubois are all untouchable - but yes, all 3 would interest me.

In a return for Johnny? Zero interest in Bjorkstrand, Mzerlikins, Korpisalo, and Anderson.

The idea of trading for the 7th is if Hall is already signed, or his rights at least already acquired.

Disagree on Patrick. Assuming the worst isn't the only way to go, and I'm sure there are doctor reports available through the Flyers that are more informed one way or the other than random internet speculation.
Old 10-06-2020, 10:12 AM   #93
ForeverFlameFan
Franchise Player

Exp:

With Niskanen retiring, I wonder if the Flyers have actually inquired about Gaudreau.

I would think plan A is to try and get Pietrangelo signed, and then plan B is acquiring Gaudreau.
The Following User Says Thank You to ForeverFlameFan For This Useful Post:
Old 10-06-2020, 10:13 AM   #94
djsFlames
Lifetime Suspension

Exp:

If they're banking on Hall before a Gaudreau move then yes it may be in their interest to acquire the rights now to get some 2020 picks in the gaudreau return which I would imagine is more appealing to them than 2021 picks.
Old 10-06-2020, 10:13 AM   #95
Geeoff
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
If we're taking a chance on declining goalie, I'd rather sign Holtby and not pay 7m
My thought process is you could potentially get an additional asset back for acquiring Fleury.

-Vegas is up against the cap
-Relationship status with Vegas is "it's complicated"
-strong goalie market
-Penguins gave Vegas an asset to take Fleury in the first place
-We could send Big Save Dave the other way, whose hit is a little high for a backup
-Holtby was almost Hiller bad last year
Old 10-06-2020, 10:14 AM   #96
sureLoss
Some kinda newsbreaker!

Exp:

OEL says trade me by Friday or I am staying

Darren Dreger @DarrenDreger
Oliver Ekman-Larsson through his agent, Kevin Epp has imposed a Friday deadline for a trade to either Boston or Vancouver. “We think the best option for a trade is before free agency,” Epp told TSN. “If no deal by Friday, Oliver is staying in Arizona.”
Old 10-06-2020, 10:14 AM   #97
ResAlien
Lifetime In Suspension

Exp:

So exciting. Looking forward to hearing it leak out later about all the big moves we almost made.
The Following User Says Thank You to ResAlien For This Useful Post:
Old 10-06-2020, 10:15 AM   #98
Bingo
Owner

Exp:

Quote:
If it's Fleury (no retention) and a 2nd and the Knights are getting crickets ...

I wonder

a) what it will take to move him
and
b) where I start seeing less warts on Fleury and more opportunity.

Maybe Fleury (2m retained) a 2nd and 3rd? I'd have to consider that. Vet goalie, good in the room, Rittich is still around, and you add draft capital..
The Following User Says Thank You to Bingo For This Useful Post:
Old 10-06-2020, 10:16 AM   #99
Rick M.
#1 Goaltender

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by SuperMatt18 View Post
Honestly it probably is too much with Tampa taking on no cap back. Maybe it doesn't have to include the 1st.

Meant it more as a general idea of what a structure could look like, honestly tough to know what Stamkos value is right now.
Or include the 2021 first, if you must.
Old 10-06-2020, 10:20 AM   #100
Lanny_McDonald
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bingo View Post
If it's Fleury (no retention) and a 2nd and the Knights are getting crickets ...

I wonder

a) what it will take to move him
and
b) where I start seeing less warts on Fleury and more opportunity.

Maybe Fleury (2m retained) a 2nd and 3rd? I'd have to consider that. Vet goalie, good in the room, Rittich is still around, and you add draft capital..
Two options? Fleury + 2nd for Ryan. Or Fleury (25% retained) for Ryan + Rittich.
Closed Thread