Calgarypuck Forums - The Unofficial Calgary Flames Fan Community

Go Back   Calgarypuck Forums - The Unofficial Calgary Flames Fan Community > Main Forums > Fire on Ice: The Calgary Flames Forum
Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 06-24-2023, 01:40 PM   #961
Pickle Juice
Crash and Bang Winger

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by memphusk View Post
Quite what?
Lol sorry my French comes out in my spelling sometimes!
Pickle Juice is online now   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Pickle Juice For This Useful Post:
Old 06-24-2023, 01:40 PM   #962
GreenLantern2814
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bonded View Post
The longer it remains quiet the more I am expecting Lindholm to sign and the trades will be re-tool focused. Hanifin for Duclair+, Toffoli for a 3rd line center, and Backlund for a middle six winger lol
Just the opposite, for me- every hour that Lindholm doesn’t sign increases the chance he’s not coming back, because if he really wanted to, he’d have done it already.

And maybe that changes if he gets offered $10.5M or something stupid - money is money.

Even then, I don’t know what an extra few million is really worth to a guy who knows he’ll get at least $8.5AAV no matter what he does, and can get the 8th year if he says “sign and trade”.

By the time he’s done playing, the extra money he’d have made to stay here is barely more than a rounding error on his net worth.

And unlike Huberdeau, he’s not Canadian - Huberdeau’s contract is worth $114M in the currency of the country that’s likely to be his permanent residence the rest of his life.
Old 06-24-2023, 01:42 PM   #963
Bonded
Franchise Player

Exp:

We will see they can't actually sign anything before the 1st anyways. There has been almost zero smoke on Lindholm since he has been 'weighing' his options.

Conroy might be working the phones for the re-tool trades to appease him.
Bonded is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2023, 01:52 PM   #964
Kipper_3434
Powerplay Quarterback

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by GreenLantern2814 View Post
Just the opposite, for me- every hour that Lindholm doesn’t sign increases the chance he’s not coming back, because if he really wanted to, he’d have done it already.

And maybe that changes if he gets offered $10.5M or something stupid - money is money.

Even then, I don’t know what an extra few million is really worth to a guy who knows he’ll get at least $8.5AAV no matter what he does, and can get the 8th year if he says “sign and trade”.

By the time he’s done playing, the extra money he’d have made to stay here is barely more than a rounding error on his net worth.

And unlike Huberdeau, he’s not Canadian - Huberdeau’s contract is worth $114M in the currency of the country that’s likely to be his permanent residence the rest of his life.

Hope you realize that Lindholm cannot legally sign a new contract for about 140 hours....
Kipper_3434 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2023, 02:07 PM   #965
ComixZone
Franchise Player

Exp:

https://twitter.com/user/status/1672695719885524992
ComixZone is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2023, 02:10 PM   #966
GreenLantern2814
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kipper_3434 View Post
Hope you realize that Lindholm cannot legally sign a new contract for about 140 hours....
Right but it would’ve leaked that it was done by now if he’s saying yes.

The Lindholm camp is trying to squeeze the Flames, and I don’t blame them - I wouldn’t commit the next nine years of my life to Calgary for unless it they were offering something I truly couldn’t get anywhere else.

Say Conroy’s offering $8.5-$9M - everyone is going to offer Elias Lindholm $8.5M.

For that One extra year, and $9M (half of which I’ll lose to taxes/agents/escrow) which all but guarantees I have to physically show up in Calgary for another 9 years, because my contract will have rendered me untradeable, and guarantee I have to see Nazem Kadri at work every day and pretend I like him.

It makes so little sense for Lindholm to want to stay here, I don’t even think he’d immediately say “yes” if they offered him 8x$10M and the captaincy.
Old 06-24-2023, 02:13 PM   #967
memphusk
Franchise Player

Exp:

Move them all. Enough of the bull####. Clean house.
Old 06-24-2023, 02:32 PM   #968
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by GreenLantern2814 View Post
Right but it would’ve leaked that it was done by now if he’s saying yes.

The Lindholm camp is trying to squeeze the Flames, and I don’t blame them - I wouldn’t commit the next nine years of my life to Calgary for unless it they were offering something I truly couldn’t get anywhere else.

Say Conroy’s offering $8.5-$9M - everyone is going to offer Elias Lindholm $8.5M.

For that One extra year, and $9M (half of which I’ll lose to taxes/agents/escrow) which all but guarantees I have to physically show up in Calgary for another 9 years, because my contract will have rendered me untradeable, and guarantee I have to see Nazem Kadri at work every day and pretend I like him.

It makes so little sense for Lindholm to want to stay here, I don’t even think he’d immediately say “yes” if they offered him 8x$10M and the captaincy.
It’s really odd how Kadri gets so much more of the hate on this board than Huberdeau.

Kadri’s career points per 82 game season in the NHL, 56 points, guess how many he had last year? 56 points, Kadri put up what he always does.

Huberdeau’s career average is 73 points per 82 games and he scored 55 points last year in 79 games. I’ll cut him some slack cause he actually only got paid $5 or so million last year, but point is, one guy hit his career numbers (despite a Stanley Cup hangover) but gets a lot of hate, one guy missed his career numbers significantly AND had his agent cause drama AND #### talked the coach in a French interview after the season to Bob Hartley (oh the irony, Hartley must’ve been smirking the whole interview) but it’s ok cause his poor season is because Darryl was a meanie.
Old 06-24-2023, 02:36 PM   #969
Spurs
Lifetime Suspension

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by 868904 View Post
It’s really odd how Kadri gets so much more of the hate on this board than Huberdeau.

Kadri’s career points per 82 game season in the NHL, 56 points, guess how many he had last year? 56 points, Kadri put up what he always does.

Huberdeau’s career average is 73 points per 82 games and he scored 55 points last year in 79 games. I’ll cut him some slack cause he actually only got paid $5 or so million last year, but point is, one guy hit his career numbers (despite a Stanley Cup hangover) but gets a lot of hate, one guy missed his career numbers significantly AND had his agent cause drama AND #### talked the coach in a French interview after the season to Bob Hartley (oh the irony, Hartley must’ve been smirking the whole interview) but it’s ok cause his poor season is because Darryl was a meanie.
Kadri last season was what people should have expected/should expect going forward. It only looked “bad” because of the crazy outlier season he had in Colorado the year before. No chance he gets close to that season again.
Spurs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2023, 02:41 PM   #970
Jason14h
Franchise Player

Exp:

He looked bad because he quit trying half way through the season and people remember the 2nd half . Remember he was our all star rep and was good/great first half
Jason14h is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2023, 02:45 PM   #971
Calgary4LIfe
Franchise Player

Exp:

I didn't have an issue with Kadri's point totals. I took issue with what looked like apathetic play at times, his selfish penalties at inopportune times, and his tunnel vision.

50-60 points is what I expect out of him. I also never thought he was a better producer than Backlund was, especially considering the utilization of each player.
Calgary4LIfe is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Calgary4LIfe For This Useful Post:
Old 06-24-2023, 02:46 PM   #972
iloveicedhockey
Powerplay Quarterback

Exp:

Don't get left behind Connie (Conny?)! Obviously, there's 31 other teams so he won't but that won't stop me panicking.

Last edited by iloveicedhockey; 06-24-2023 at 02:49 PM.
iloveicedhockey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2023, 02:47 PM   #973
Spurs
Lifetime Suspension

Exp:

Selfish penalties and tunnel vision have been hallmarks of Kadri’s career I don’t think that changes.
Spurs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2023, 02:49 PM   #974
bigrangy
Franchise Player

Exp:

Kadri was bad last season because he didn’t give a single #### about keeping pucks out his net. The offense was totally fine and honestly better than expected. -19 is a joke for a supposed defensive center.
Old 06-24-2023, 02:57 PM   #975
Bonded
Franchise Player

Exp:

Huberdeau always looked like he was trying even when things weren't going his way. Kadri quit in the stretch drive. Huge difference.
The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to Bonded For This Useful Post:
Old 06-24-2023, 03:06 PM   #976
GreenLantern2814
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by 868904 View Post

Huberdeau was a disaster offensively, but defensively he had the best year of his career.

25.41 SA/60
2.24 GA/60
2.33 xGA/60

Compare that to his last year in Florida:

30.86 SA/60
2.99 GA/60
2.88 xGA/60

I think some people think Huberdeau was misused (if it’s true Lindholm didn’t like him, there’s even less reason to take the money here), and his defensive game indicates a level of effort and compete, even if he’s not being effective offensively.

Kadri is perceived to have quit on the team and showed up a rookie on the ice. I’ve never heard of a veteran taking the puck away from a kid in the middle of a game. That’s insane to me. Especially a 1st round pick who, by all the metrics, belongs on the ice.
Old 06-24-2023, 03:20 PM   #977
Bonded
Franchise Player

Exp:

Smoke on Winnipeg now as well. Will be interesting if we hear anything on the Flames soon
Old 06-24-2023, 03:21 PM   #978
memphusk
Franchise Player

Exp:

Don't be surprised if they fumble and #### everything up.
Old 06-24-2023, 03:22 PM   #979
MrMike
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by memphusk View Post
Don't be surprised if they fumble and #### everything up.
At this point I’m expecting it.
MrMike is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to MrMike For This Useful Post:
Old 06-24-2023, 03:26 PM   #980
Bonded
Franchise Player

Exp:

Starting to feel like the trade deadline again lol
The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to Bonded For This Useful Post: