Calgarypuck Forums - The Unofficial Calgary Flames Fan Community

Go Back   Calgarypuck Forums - The Unofficial Calgary Flames Fan Community > Main Forums > Other Sports: Football, Baseball, Local Hockey, Etc...
Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 12-19-2016, 02:59 PM   #941
GirlySports
NOT breaking news

Exp:

Sub keeper takes a bad angle on the shot

GirlySports is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-19-2016, 03:00 PM   #942
devo22
Franchise Player

Exp:

stupid Everton, you only had one job!!!!!
devo22 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-19-2016, 03:32 PM   #943
Locke
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by devo22 View Post
stupid Everton, you only had one job!!!!!
Um, I think you as a United fan are still contractually obligated to be eternally grateful to Everton.

This Post Has Been Distilled for the Eradication of Seemingly Incurable Sadness.

If you are flammable and have legs, you are never blocking a Fire Exit. - Mitch Hedberg
Locke is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-19-2016, 03:52 PM   #944
d_phaneuf
Franchise Player

Exp:

my point about this move making no sense for Koeman looks like it makes less sense now
d_phaneuf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-22-2016, 08:23 AM   #945
Senator Clay Davis
Franchise Player

Exp:

Alan Pardew got an unwanted Christmas gift from Palace: a pink slip. Gotta think Big Sam ends up there.
Old 12-22-2016, 08:35 AM   #946
devo22
Franchise Player

Exp:

The Following User Says Thank You to devo22 For This Useful Post:
Old 12-22-2016, 03:58 PM   #947
Slava
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Senator Clay Davis View Post
Alan Pardew got an unwanted Christmas gift from Palace: a pink slip. Gotta think Big Sam ends up there.
That team is better on paper than where they are in the standings I think. Like obviously not great, and not threatening for Europe, but maybe top 10ish?
Slava is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-23-2016, 06:37 AM   #948
devo22
Franchise Player

Exp:

Mourinho confirms that Morgan Schneiderlin has asked to leave. West Brom have already bid £18m but Everton are probably the front-runners.

It's crazy, I was extremely thrilled when he joined United and was sure he'd be a perfect fit. But boy, was I wrong. I have no doubt though that he'll thrive at Everton or wherever he goes. Fantastic player, but it just didn't work for whatever reason.
The Following User Says Thank You to devo22 For This Useful Post:
Old 12-23-2016, 09:28 AM   #949
devo22
Franchise Player

Exp:

Joey Barton, everybody. Unbelievable stuff.

Quote:
Joey Barton has been charged with misconduct, with the Football Association claiming the midfielder placed 1,260 bets in the past 10 years.

The FA says he broke rules by betting on "football matches or competitions" between 26 March 2006 and 13 May 2016.
http://m.bbc.com/sport/football/38421182
Old 12-23-2016, 09:34 AM   #950
Senator Clay Davis
Franchise Player

Exp:

Phil Mickelson thinks Joey Barton is a bit of a degenerate gambler. 1,260 bets in 10 years? And those are the ones they discovered, you gotta think there's even more than that.
Old 12-23-2016, 10:40 AM   #951
cam_wmh
Franchise Player

Exp:

Hahah Barton is just a news making machine
cam_wmh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-23-2016, 11:39 AM   #952
Locke
Franchise Player

Exp:

Say what you will about Joey Barton, hes not boring.

This Post Has Been Distilled for the Eradication of Seemingly Incurable Sadness.

If you are flammable and have legs, you are never blocking a Fire Exit. - Mitch Hedberg
Old 12-23-2016, 01:29 PM   #953
dash_pinched
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by devo22 View Post
Mourinho confirms that Morgan Schneiderlin has asked to leave. West Brom have already bid £18m but Everton are probably the front-runners.

It's crazy, I was extremely thrilled when he joined United and was sure he'd be a perfect fit. But boy, was I wrong. I have no doubt though that he'll thrive at Everton or wherever he goes. Fantastic player, but it just didn't work for whatever reason.
I'd love to see him return to Southampton, but the Saints need a striker with Charlie Austin out for up to 4 months.
dash_pinched is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 12-23-2016, 01:56 PM   #954
Senator Clay Davis
Franchise Player

Exp:

Big Sam is indeed the man at Palace. Forget the pints, schooners tonight for everyone!
Old 12-24-2016, 12:13 PM   #955
Slava
Franchise Player

Exp:

Well it's Christmas and I think that we can all enjoy this (sorry Kipper is King, but you might not enjoy this quite as much!) http://www.telegraph.co.uk/football/...-five-frantic/

That club is a complete shambles. No they must recognize that they're battling relegation and the move to the athletics field has sucked the soul right out of them. Rather than signing bigger name players though, they're resorting to begging for loans. Sad. Amusing that Tottenham wasn't listed as one of the clubs sent the letter, probably because Levy would've humiliated them.
Old 12-24-2016, 12:18 PM   #956
Locke
Franchise Player

Exp:

Okay, I'm going to plead ignorance on this one, but is this a common practice? I mean, kicking the tires on available players is one thing, but a 'Begging Letter?' I've never heard of that before.

They can probably have Mamdou Sakho from us, I think he kicked Klopp's dog or something or else Klopp is still steaming mad at him about that Drug screen failure but he does not seem to be in Klopp's plans.

As for strikers, we're going to be in that market ourselves.

Old 12-24-2016, 12:28 PM   #957
Slava
Franchise Player

Exp:

I don't think it's common practice and really its just a pure embarrassment. "Hey, we're a big club, but we're not actually going to buy anyone here, so can you lend us someone good so we might have a hope of avoiding relegation?"

I do have some sympathy for the supporters. If that club loses Payet (and really he is so disinterested that I don't even know what you get for him), and gets relegated, is it the end? That seems overly-dramatic, but in all seriousness can they possibly fill that ridiculous venue for Championship football? It's a nightmare.
Old 12-24-2016, 01:06 PM   #958
cam_wmh
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Slava View Post
I don't think it's common practice and really its just a pure embarrassment. "Hey, we're a big club, but we're not actually going to buy anyone here, so can you lend us someone good so we might have a hope of avoiding relegation?"
Well not many clubs could afford the players wages they are calling loans for. Ambitious if anything.

And not too different really, than financial welterweights like Spurs/Saints, feeding the heavies, like United & Madrid.

Quote:
I do have some sympathy for the supporters. If that club loses Payet (and really he is so disinterested that I don't even know what you get for him), and gets relegated, is it the end? That seems overly-dramatic, but in all seriousness can they possibly fill that ridiculous venue for Championship football? It's a nightmare.
LOL, yes Slava, if they get relegated (they won't) they will dissolve, and sell the assets. There will be riots, and Bobby Moore will turn in his grave.
cam_wmh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-24-2016, 01:41 PM   #959
Slava
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by cam_wmh View Post
Well not many clubs could afford the players wages they are calling loans for. Ambitious if anything.

And not too different really, than financial welterweights like Spurs/Saints, feeding the heavies, like United & Madrid.

LOL, yes Slava, if they get relegated (they won't) they will dissolve, and sell the assets. There will be riots, and Bobby Moore will turn in his grave.
LOL, well a guy can dream, right!

Thing is that the situation is pretty bad there. You jest and say they'll sell all their assets...but what assets exactly? They rent the athletics bowl (where the atmosphere looks about the worst in the league). Apparently they still have a pile of debts. And you have to think they haven't got gobs of cash sitting around as they're hoping to take players on loan (because they apparently haven't got enough players on loan already?)

I realise my dislike of them colours my view. But at the same time they're really in shambles.
Old 12-25-2016, 08:38 AM   #960
nemanja2306
In the Sin Bin

Exp:

There is a rumour that two Chinese clubs are offering Rooney £700,000 per week.

He's an idiot if he doesn't accept.

Sent from my Lenovo A2020a40 using Tapatalk
nemanja2306 is offline   Reply With Quote