Calgarypuck Forums - The Unofficial Calgary Flames Fan Community

Go Back   Calgarypuck Forums - The Unofficial Calgary Flames Fan Community > Main Forums > The Off Topic Forum
Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

View Poll Results: Who would you vote for?
Biden 6 66.67%
Trump 3 33.33%
Kanye/other/Independent 0 0%
Would not vote 0 0%
Voters: 9. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread

Old 01-15-2021, 08:52 AM   #9461
Mull
Powerplay Quarterback

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by troutman View Post
38% approval when all polls are averaged. Still 48% at Rasmussen.

https://projects.fivethirtyeight.com...roval-ratings/
I am only posting a statement to get that image of Roger Stone's back off thread page when I click last page.

To be fair, Rasmussen is rated as a C+ pollster on 538 where ABC/WP recent poll, rated as A+ has Trump at 38%

This is only as good as one trusts the 538 ratings, but they seem to do a good job in terms of elections to me.
The Following User Says Thank You to Mull For This Useful Post:
Old 01-15-2021, 08:53 AM   #9462
Dion
Not a casual user

Exp:

https://twitter.com/user/status/1349929045425876995
Old 01-15-2021, 09:30 AM   #9463
Dentoman
Scoring Winger

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Senator Clay Davis View Post
Something tells me Jesus wouldn't approve of Trump, but you know

Franklin Graham has lost a significant amount of respect in evangelical circles.

His ridiculous prayer of blessing at Trump's inauguration was it for me. His unwavering support of Trump only confirmed it.

A good portion of evangelical leaders in the US have been blinded by their thirst for power. It is a shame. In the words from a Christian musical artist, "It is a shame we have become more known for what we are against than what we are for"

And yes ..... Jesus does not approve of Trump's actions as President.
Old 01-15-2021, 09:54 AM   #9464
rubecube
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
The GOP, based off the polling, has a golden opportunity to dump Trump and re-take control of the party. Yes you will piss off those cultists, but we also know they aren't ever voting Dem. Seems a risk worth taking. His collapse in support is from the older school GOPers who stuck with him for whatever reason they have. Now is the time to strike.
That's not what they're worried about, nor what they've ever been worried about. They're worried about getting primaried by Trumpers.
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to rubecube For This Useful Post:
Old 01-15-2021, 10:01 AM   #9465
nfotiu
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by rubecube View Post
That's not what they're worried about, nor what they've ever been worried about. They're worried about getting primaried by Trumpers.
It's tougher to primary a Senator. I'm sure there are at least 17 that aren't in danger or on their last term. It's a much bigger danger for house candidates, where the turnout is tiny, and you just need to organize a couple thousand to oust them. Also, now that Trump is gone, there is not as much concern about letting yourself be replaced by a loyalist.
Old 01-15-2021, 10:06 AM   #9466
Senator Clay Davis
Franchise Player

Exp:

Yeah the advantage for Republicans now, especially the new ones, is they are immune from primaries until 2025. This will be in the past by then. The other advantage for senators is unlike gerrymandered congressional seats, you're going to get a balanced population instead of a district of nothing but kooks. And I honestly cannot remember the last senator who was successfully primaried.
Old 01-15-2021, 10:21 AM   #9467
FlameOn
Franchise Player

Exp:

So it appears that the Trump administration stopped reserving Covid-19 vaccine shipments after the election loss late last year so the vaccine supplies that have already been ordered are now running out. Problem is the Trump administration kept telling all the States that shipments were still coming and there was a reserve they would be shipping out without having orders in place.

I can't think of any reason they would do this other than to screw over the incoming administration. This is murderous criminality and intentional deceit.
Quote:
In just the few days since the administration announced the changes, states have already seen chaos ensue at vaccine distribution sites. Mississippi’s health department simply stopped taking vaccine appointments after a “monumental surge,” according to the Associated Press. Phone lines were jammed in Georgia, hospitals in South Carolina ran out of doses within hours, and California counties were left begging for extra supplies for seniors.

Amid the chaos, the Trump administration isn’t offering clear answers on what happened or why officials misled states. According to the Post’s reporting, the Trump administration stopped reserving second doses of the Pfizer-BioNTech vaccine at the end of last year, and the last reserves of Moderna’s vaccine supply were shipped out over the past weekend.

There was no stockpile to release on Tuesday when the Health and Human Services secretary said at a press briefing that "because we now have a consistent pace of production, we can now ship all of the doses that had been held in physical reserve.”
https://www.washingtonpost.com/healt...serve-used-up/
https://arstechnica.com/science/2021...it/?comments=1

Last edited by FlameOn; 01-15-2021 at 10:27 AM.
Old 01-15-2021, 11:20 AM   #9468
direwolf
Franchise Player

Exp:

Holy crap, that is beyond criminal. I seriously hope they add this to the evidence in the impeachment trial.
The Following User Says Thank You to direwolf For This Useful Post:
Old 01-15-2021, 01:29 PM   #9469
Dion
Not a casual user

Exp:

https://twitter.com/user/status/1350161139599028229
Old 01-15-2021, 01:33 PM   #9470
nik-
Franchise Player

Exp:
lanny

Is that a tweet from 2005?
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to nik- For This Useful Post:
Old 01-15-2021, 03:27 PM   #9471
JohnnyB
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dion View Post
It absolutely has been coming for a long time in plain sight. The fact that so many people stay in completely separate media bubbles has contributed to many not seeing it coming though. There has been no shortage of intelligent people who persistently denied the possibility of America coming to this despite there being so many indicators in plain sight but outside their own media bubbles.

"If stupidity got us into this mess, then why can't it get us out?"
Old 01-15-2021, 03:30 PM   #9472
troutman
Unfrozen Caveman Lawyer

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by rubecube View Post
Sadly, I think some of them are are also quite literally worried about their safety.
Old 01-15-2021, 03:40 PM   #9473
FlameOn
Franchise Player

Exp:

On top of the Covid-19 vaccine ordering fiasco, Trump's Department of Health and Human services department finalized a rule to require all Food and Drug Administration regulations to expire in 10 years unless they are manually reviewed in another move designed to cripple the incoming administration. Guessing first thing Biden admin appointees will do is reverse this. Hopefully no lasting damage is done here unlike with the vaccine mess that will get people killed.

Quote:
Perhaps the most dramatic meddling came on Monday, when FDA officials were blindsided as the agency cycled through three different top lawyers. FDA’s Chief Counsel, Stacy Cline Amin—a Trump appointee—resigned Monday, which FDA Commissioner Stephen Hahn announced in an email. Hahn’s email also included the news that career civil servant Mark Raza, the FDA’s principal deputy chief counsel, would serve as Cline Amin’s replacement on an acting basis. But that decision was abruptly overturned Monday night when the Department of Health and Human services tweeted that James Lawrence, deputy general counsel for the HHS, would serve as the FDA’s new chief counsel until January 20.

"We were all very surprised," a senior FDA official told Politico. "But it's consistent with all the fire bombs that keep getting thrown over the fence."

Last week, HHS said it had finalized a rule that would cause all FDA regulations to expire after 10 years unless they are reviewed. Critics of the rule, called Securing Updated and Necessary Statutory Evaluations Timely or “SUNSET,” noted that the FDA already has mechanisms to sunset outdated regulations, making automatic expiration dates unnecessary. But in a statement announcing the rule, HHS Secretary Alex Azar said that “finalizing our SUNSET rule will deliver for the American people better, smarter, less burdensome regulations in the years to come.”
https://arstechnica.com/science/2021...n-its-way-out/
Old 01-15-2021, 03:43 PM   #9474
Senator Clay Davis
Franchise Player

Exp:

Insurrection 2021: Brought to you by MyPillow

https://twitter.com/user/status/1350192879487111170
Old 01-15-2021, 04:05 PM   #9475
direwolf
Franchise Player

Exp:

More on this. WTF is going on here? And who the hell is the My Pillow guy?

https://twitter.com/user/status/1350183165676187649

https://twitter.com/user/status/1350186430589526021

https://twitter.com/user/status/1350186100564905985
Old 01-15-2021, 04:13 PM   #9476
Senator Clay Davis
Franchise Player

Exp:

I don't honestly think there's a bigger Trump cultist alive than Mr. Pillow. Why exactly, who in the #### knows? But very bizarre.
Old 01-15-2021, 04:20 PM   #9477
FlameOn
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
I don't honestly think there's a bigger Trump cultist alive than Mr. Pillow. Why exactly, who in the #### knows? But very bizarre.
One grifter admiring another more successful grifter.
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to FlameOn For This Useful Post:
Old 01-15-2021, 04:41 PM   #9478
direwolf
Franchise Player

Exp:

https://twitter.com/user/status/1350120550262308866
Old 01-15-2021, 04:55 PM   #9479
edslunch
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by direwolf View Post

Geez these guys are so inept...Giuliani voice mails the wrong senator, shares an instant message on Twitter potentially links himself and others to the Proud Boys, now this dolt doesn’t hide his insurrection cookbook. You couldn’t make this up. Ever.
Old 01-15-2021, 05:01 PM   #9480
Red Ice Player
Powerplay Quarterback

Exp:

I stopped listening to 960 when tone deaf Boomer started pimping my pillow. Is he still doing it?
Closed Thread