Calgarypuck Forums - The Unofficial Calgary Flames Fan Community

Go Back   Calgarypuck Forums - The Unofficial Calgary Flames Fan Community > Main Forums > The Off Topic Forum
Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 08-20-2023, 12:52 PM   #9221
Strange Brew
Franchise Player

Exp:

Yes it seems kind of dickish to complain about people with mobility issues, but I have to agree. If you’re going to slow down everyone behind you, then the polite thing to do is wait.

Now my other gear grinder is when they make the announcement that there are several people with right connections, so if you don’t have one, please let those people off first. Because inevitably it becomes a free for all and of you are at the front and actually wait for those people, the entire plane will try and debark before you.

I have noticed occasionally that Europeans will debark differently. I recently landed in Switzerland and was simply waiting for the doors to open and the people in the rows in front of me to get their bags and start moving. I felt a tap on my shoulder and an “excuse me”. I asked the gentleman what he needed and he said he was trying to get off the plane. I guess his plan was just to weave around people and pass as many people as he could. We weren’t delayed or anything, I don’t think it was a tight connection situation, I guess he just couldn’t understand why anyone would wait for the people in front of them.
Strange Brew is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-2023, 12:58 PM   #9222
Whynotnow
Scoring Winger

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Strange Brew View Post
Yes it seems kind of dickish to complain about people with mobility issues, but I have to agree. If you’re going to slow down everyone behind you, then the polite thing to do is wait.

Now my other gear grinder is when they make the announcement that there are several people with right connections, so if you don’t have one, please let those people off first. Because inevitably it becomes a free for all and of you are at the front and actually wait for those people, the entire plane will try and debark before you.

I have noticed occasionally that Europeans will debark differently. I recently landed in Switzerland and was simply waiting for the doors to open and the people in the rows in front of me to get their bags and start moving. I felt a tap on my shoulder and an “excuse me”. I asked the gentleman what he needed and he said he was trying to get off the plane. I guess his plan was just to weave around people and pass as many people as he could. We weren’t delayed or anything, I don’t think it was a tight connection situation, I guess he just couldn’t understand why anyone would wait for the people in front of them.
The disembark people with connections has never, ever worked in my opinion and just makes the situation worse. But I do hate groups that aren’t ready to go. One person from the group should be up if possible. Too often you just see people sitting there and then sort of like, oh it’s my turn I guess I will get my bag out from under my seat, check the seat front pocket, open the bin, struggle with bag…..
Whynotnow is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Whynotnow For This Useful Post:
Old 08-20-2023, 02:48 PM   #9223
Strange Brew
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Whynotnow View Post
The disembark people with connections has never, ever worked in my opinion and just makes the situation worse. But I do hate groups that aren’t ready to go. One person from the group should be up if possible. Too often you just see people sitting there and then sort of like, oh it’s my turn I guess I will get my bag out from under my seat, check the seat front pocket, open the bin, struggle with bag…..
Yeah people need to be ready to go. But I have no use for people that jump ahead of someone who is ready. If they’re still sitting down, that’s fair game though.
Strange Brew is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-2023, 05:16 PM   #9224
Minnie
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by edslunch View Post
The architect is absolutely 100% me. I live with raccoons on meth.
Minnie is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Minnie For This Useful Post:
Old 08-20-2023, 06:15 PM   #9225
Nyah
First Line Centre

Exp:

It totally depends on what kind of day I'm having
Nyah is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-2023, 08:07 PM   #9226
jayswin
Celebrated Square Root Day

Exp:

When kijiji/marketplace sellers of a jersey have it for a great price but then say "I can order any jersey for this price".

Umm you just sold yourself out as a fake jersey seller.
jayswin is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to jayswin For This Useful Post:
Old 08-20-2023, 11:17 PM   #9227
jayswin

Exp:

I mentioned it in another thread but this viral song from Oliver Anthony that was shared with me by three of my alt right/QAnon friends (and on CP in the new music thread, along with everywhere online), is just ridiculous. The stats show that he was an industry plant and couldn't have gone viral like that on his own in such a short period.

A bunch of articles break down what "he" his targeting in his song, and it's the usual right wing BS where the answers to the common mans problem in the US is to help the rich and condemn the poor/minorities. So sick of the stupid song coming across every viral feed this week. The dude has blown up and is touring as quickly as he can on a really lame, simple song.

https://www.washingtonpost.com/opini...richmond-song/

Quote:
Naturally, no one should expect serious policy analysis from a song. Nonetheless, its message is that the overworked and underpaid should blame their plight largely on high taxes, welfare cheats and cultural elites monitoring their thoughts for any departure from woke orthodoxy.
Quote:
Business lobbyists and right-wing politicians have told versions of this distorted story for decades. It seeks to turn people against taxing the rich, social spending and government regulations designed to protect the public and mitigate inequality.

So when Republicans hail Anthony’s effort, that’s surely in part because it diverts anger in a politically opportune direction, toward their preferred scapegoats.

Last edited by jayswin; 08-20-2023 at 11:23 PM.
The Following User Says Thank You to jayswin For This Useful Post:
Old 08-20-2023, 11:19 PM   #9228
jayswin

Exp:

This is the song if anyone is wondering. So transparent. The alt right is losing their minds over it. "Oliver Anthony is all of us!!".

Last edited by jayswin; 08-20-2023 at 11:28 PM.
Old 08-21-2023, 10:06 AM   #9229
DoubleF
Franchise Player

Exp:

You want my feed to be filled with this nonsense and increase the transmission of this song/message?

I ain't clicking that, but nice try jayswin, nice try.
DoubleF is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to DoubleF For This Useful Post:
Old 08-21-2023, 11:42 AM   #9230
Brendone
Powerplay Quarterback

Exp:

I watch Fox from time to time so I can say I’ve listened to different perspectives, and they were pumping this guy as a genius, right before going to a My Pillow commercial.
Brendone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-21-2023, 11:48 AM   #9231
Fuzz
Franchise Player

Exp:

I bet he's never been invited to Epstein's island, either.
Fuzz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-21-2023, 01:32 PM   #9232
Locke
Franchise Player

Exp:

I dont know what thats about and I dont think I want to.

Like we want to turn Youtube into 'New Twitter.'

This Post Has Been Distilled for the Eradication of Seemingly Incurable Sadness.

If you are flammable and have legs, you are never blocking a Fire Exit. - Mitch Hedberg
Locke is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 08-21-2023, 04:49 PM   #9233
81MC
#1 Goaltender

Exp:

####ing mandatory restarts for software updates that are scheduled in the last hour of your workday can go to hell. That’s great, in the middle of time sensitive work on a Monday afternoon, perfect time to have a non-functional computer reload to an entirely new workspace.
Old 08-21-2023, 05:06 PM   #9234
DownInFlames
Craig McTavish' Merkin

Exp:

I went by the Central Library and there were a ton of zombies wandering around aimlessly and looking totally out of it. Friggin seniors.
DownInFlames is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-21-2023, 06:01 PM   #9235
topfiverecords
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by DownInFlames View Post
I went by the Central Library and there were a ton of zombies wandering around aimlessly and looking totally out of it. Friggin seniors.
So that's where they go after they leave A&W breakfast.
topfiverecords is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to topfiverecords For This Useful Post:
Old 08-21-2023, 06:12 PM   #9236
RichieRich
First Line Centre

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by topfiverecords View Post
So that's where they go after they leave A&W breakfast.

I like A&W breakfasts but does that make me old?
.... even if I sit there eating it.
RichieRich is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-21-2023, 06:23 PM   #9237
Locke
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by RichieRich View Post
I like A&W breakfasts but does that make me old?
.... even if I sit there eating it.
Well....at ~6:00 in the evening I'd say yes.

This Post Has Been Distilled for the Eradication of Seemingly Incurable Sadness.

If you are flammable and have legs, you are never blocking a Fire Exit. - Mitch Hedberg
Locke is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 08-21-2023, 06:50 PM   #9238
Whynotnow
Scoring Winger

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by jayswin View Post
I mentioned it in another thread but this viral song from Oliver Anthony that was shared with me by three of my alt right/QAnon friends (and on CP in the new music thread, along with everywhere online), is just ridiculous. The stats show that he was an industry plant and couldn't have gone viral like that on his own in such a short period.

A bunch of articles break down what "he" his targeting in his song, and it's the usual right wing BS where the answers to the common mans problem in the US is to help the rich and condemn the poor/minorities. So sick of the stupid song coming across every viral feed this week. The dude has blown up and is touring as quickly as he can on a really lame, simple song.

https://www.washingtonpost.com/opini...richmond-song/
Right on cue it showed up in my social media today from some in laws who fell deep into a hole during COVID. That was predictable.
Whynotnow is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Whynotnow For This Useful Post:
Old 08-22-2023, 01:41 AM   #9239
ben voyonsdonc
Franchise Player

Exp:

Accidentally taking an ADHD pill instead of a sleep aid before bed.
ben voyonsdonc is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to ben voyonsdonc For This Useful Post:
Old 08-22-2023, 06:44 AM   #9240
ajr4013
Crash and Bang Winger

Exp:

Signing up for City of Calgary swimming lessons for kids. Complete debacle every time.
ajr4013 is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to ajr4013 For This Useful Post: