Calgarypuck Forums - The Unofficial Calgary Flames Fan Community

Go Back   Calgarypuck Forums - The Unofficial Calgary Flames Fan Community > Leagues and Games > Calgarypuck's Connected GM League > Archives
Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Closed Thread

Old 10-15-2012, 10:54 AM   #901
silentsim
#1 Goaltender

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Diemenz View Post
That sounds reasonable ^

It's also good to remember that there is a fair share of people in the league that are sim only so finding them to play a game or enable CPU is not going to happen.
If someone is SIM only they should be forced to be set to AI IMO.
The Following User Says Thank You to silentsim For This Useful Post:
Old 10-15-2012, 10:57 AM   #902
Diemenz
First Line Centre

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by silentsim View Post
If someone is SIM only they should be forced to be set to AI IMO.
Why?

It was decided, after lots of discussion that this league is for people who want to play, coach, manage, or sim their games.

If anything a mode called "Be a GM" is directed to someone being a GM and the games being simmed vs someone playing all their games and letting their thumb skills dictate their teams success vs. their ability to be a GM. Otherwise it would just be called EANHL or something similar.
Old 10-15-2012, 11:17 AM   #903
Kipper is King
Pants Tent

Exp:

Guys,

I may have to drop out as the Rangers GM. I've been busy with schoolwork, and I haven't been able to play any games for a couple weeks. I will know for sure within a few days if I am really going to drop out. Unless if you guys are OK with me simming the large majority of my games. I completely understand if you're not.

My apologies.
Old 10-15-2012, 11:19 AM   #904
silentsim
#1 Goaltender

Exp:

Quote:
Why?

It was decided, after lots of discussion that this league is for people who want to play, coach, manage, or sim their games.

If anything a mode called "Be a GM" is directed to someone being a GM and the games being simmed vs someone playing all their games and letting their thumb skills dictate their teams success vs. their ability to be a GM. Otherwise it would just be called EANHL or something similar.
Because when individuals put in their time to play games only to have it simmed and lose a major player to injury for 40+ games is lame. (using Zukes as a recent example, where Tavares got injured for 47 games or w/e in a sim, that was beyond his control because he couldn't play AI).

Once again, there are way better alternatives for fan of sim only hockey in terms of a GM aspect. I firmly believe the appeal of NHL 13 Connected is to make your mark on a team and use that in the games. I don't mind playing AI but if a game was left simmed because a user didn't want to change to AI and didn't want to play I'd be upset.
The Following User Says Thank You to silentsim For This Useful Post:
Old 10-15-2012, 11:32 AM   #905
Dime_On_Flames
Scoring Winger

Exp:

Hai guys!!

Does anyone know of a site where you can see your roster? I would like to mull over my team while i'm at work...shhhh

I don't need to actually manage my team. I just want to see all the attriubes and such. I don't own any Apple products so that roster manager people have been telling me about, won't fly.

Thank You in advance
Old 10-15-2012, 11:37 AM   #906
Stealth22
Powerplay Quarterback

Exp:

^ Unfortunately not. I would have preferred a website over a bloody app. Much less hassle for development and testing, it would be compatible with anything.

Not to mention that you can do a lot more with it. For example, you can propose trades on the app, but you can't accept them. I have a feeling that a website would be able to do both.
Old 10-15-2012, 11:55 AM   #907
Diverce
Lifetime Suspension

Exp:

Quote:
Because when individuals put in their time to play games only to have it simmed and lose a major player to injury for 40+ games is lame. (using Zukes as a recent example, where Tavares got injured for 47 games or w/e in a sim, that was beyond his control because he couldn't play AI).

Once again, there are way better alternatives for fan of sim only hockey in terms of a GM aspect. I firmly believe the appeal of NHL 13 Connected is to make your mark on a team and use that in the games. I don't mind playing AI but if a game was left simmed because a user didn't want to change to AI and didn't want to play I'd be upset.
I've had injuries playing the CPU. On a sim I lost Michalek for 1 game. I played the CPU I lost Jagr for 12. What's odd about Jagr is that he played the whole game.

I personally have it as sim as default. I try to play most games. I only put it to CPU if me and the guy I'm supposed to be playing work to coordinate things and something comes up and I can't make it then I'll enable CPU. Too many people on here once they see CPU enabled they play the game without the other guy consenting to it.

Last edited by Diverce; 10-15-2012 at 12:00 PM.
Old 10-15-2012, 01:07 PM   #908
Diemenz
First Line Centre

Exp:

Quote:

I have lost 4 of my top 9 to injury.....injuries are always beyond someone's control no matter what the instance is, it's not dedicated to sim.

I would disagree that there is better alternatives to a GM league when it comes to an overall product that one does not have to invest rediculous time. This one allows me to have full control over my roster and has visual and additional cues in the forms of apps and instant statistics.

I am not upset in the slightest if a game goes to sim or vise versa. One cannot expect another to be as dedicated or to have the same ideals as ones self. As an example you firmly believe the "be a GM" mode is for playing and there is a large amount of people who believe otherwise. No one is wrong here all that is wrong is people believing others have an obligation to agree with them.

My opinion that no one has to agree with:
When the game was on hardcore mode it was fun for me and I let people play my CPU regularly. Now that it has shifted to easy mode my CPU is 0-4, has been shut out in all games and my players get injured and beat up because the hitting is extremely overpowered. It is no longer in most peoples best interest to let people play their CPU because it is almost a gaurnteed loss. The belief that making it no longer hardcore would make more people play has actually done the exact opposite. Now people let the advance come and roll the dice instead of taking an easy loss because the CPU is terrible.
Old 10-15-2012, 02:02 PM   #909
Joborule
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
That sounds reasonable ^

It's also good to remember that there is a fair share of people in the league that are sim only so finding them to play a game or enable CPU is not going to happen. Lots of people have different schedules and so far people have been very accommodating for me.
Actually if someone can't, or don't want to play their game in any fashion, but the opponent does, the user has to set their game to CPU control. GMs can't intentionally force a game to be simmed.
Old 10-15-2012, 02:05 PM   #910
Diemenz
First Line Centre

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Joborule View Post
Actually if someone can't, or don't want to play their game in any fashion, but the opponent does, the user has to set their game to CPU control. GMs can't intentionally force a game to be simmed.
They just dodge till the advance, then it's a sim.
Old 10-15-2012, 02:15 PM   #911
Joborule
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
They just dodge till the advance, then it's a sim.
If it becomes a noticeable pattern, the GM will be removed from the league.

This league primarily caters to those who play their games. Preventing others from doing that won't be tolerated.

If it helps, let me (or everyone) know if you had difficulty getting a game setup (Human or CPU) with the GM so they can be on notice.
Old 10-15-2012, 02:52 PM   #912
Diemenz
First Line Centre

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Joborule View Post
If it becomes a noticeable pattern, the GM will be removed from the league.

This league primarily caters to those who play their games. Preventing others from doing that won't be tolerated.

If it helps, let me (or everyone) know if you had difficulty getting a game setup (Human or CPU) with the GM so they can be on notice.
I understand what you're saying but when was it mentioned that this is a play your games or else league (remember the whole sim vs playing discussion and it was decided this league would be for all) is that out the window now mid season like the hardcore setting?

Again I'm playing devils advocate here, as several GM's can attest to I always set it to CPU play when I can't make a game; Even when they ask to play at ridiculous hours.
Old 10-15-2012, 03:19 PM   #913
Joborule
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
I understand what you're saying but when was it mentioned that this is a play your games or else league (remember the whole sim vs playing discussion and it was decided this league would be for all) is that out the window now mid season like the hardcore setting?
Since day one. In the first post:

Quote:
It is not mandatory to play in a game. If you're unable to participate in a human-human matchup with your opponent, make sure you're team status is set to CPU so the opposing player can play against your AI if they wish. Games that are not completed when the week advances will be simulated.
Old 10-15-2012, 03:36 PM   #914
jayocal
Crash and Bang Winger

Exp:

Sorry guys, I had to resign as the GM of the NYI.

I have a newborn (4 weeks old) so my PS3 time is very limited right now. I can't give the league the time it deserves.

Plus to be honest, the menu system and load times are unacceptable imo. Any other game or online application makes GM Connected feel like it's the mid 90's again. This alone isn't enough for me to resign but combined with being a new dad, it is.

EA is balls. I wish they had some competition again (NHL wise.)

Good luck guys!
Old 10-15-2012, 04:13 PM   #915
king_amonte
Crash and Bang Winger

Exp:

Can the Rangers and Islanders set there teams so I can play there CPU as I have them both this week and both seem to be dropping out! Congrats on the baby!
Lets Retire #10....not Roberts.....Amonte
Old 10-15-2012, 04:20 PM   #916
jayocal
Crash and Bang Winger

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by king_amonte View Post
Can the Rangers and Islanders set there teams so I can play there CPU as I have them both this week and both seem to be dropping out! Congrats on the baby!
Thanks man!

I actually already handed in my resignation and cleared my office so I no longer have control.
Old 10-15-2012, 04:35 PM   #917
Stealth22
Powerplay Quarterback

Exp:

If you left the league in NHL 13, it should already be set to CPU.

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk 2
Old 10-15-2012, 08:31 PM   #918
Kipper is King
Pants Tent

Exp:

AS GM of the Rangers, I have to resign. Sorry guys. I had fun, but I don't really have time.
Old 10-15-2012, 08:47 PM   #919
secol
Powerplay Quarterback

Exp:

Has anybody played Koop recently?
Old 10-15-2012, 09:39 PM   #920
zukes
Nostradamus

Exp:

I lost Tavares playing the cpu.

Tags
connected gm , ea sports , nhl , ps3