Calgarypuck Forums - The Unofficial Calgary Flames Fan Community

Go Back   Calgarypuck Forums - The Unofficial Calgary Flames Fan Community > Main Forums > The Off Topic Forum
Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 08-03-2023, 06:22 AM   #8881
Titan2
Scoring Winger

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by topfiverecords View Post
Ya, your wife is fine. I’ve always been able to get a good sleep with her.
Heeey, we DO have something in common!
Old 08-03-2023, 08:55 AM   #8882
Hockeyguy15
Franchise Player

Exp:

Main headline on the Calgary Herald today? $300k boat stolen from Bowness driveway.

Ok? Some rich family had their boat stolen. How will we all sleep at night??
Hockeyguy15 is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Hockeyguy15 For This Useful Post:
Old 08-03-2023, 08:57 AM   #8883
DownInFlames
Craig McTavish' Merkin

Exp:

I have a hunch that they're not rich and they still had 95 payments left on that boat.
DownInFlames is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-2023, 09:01 AM   #8884
iggy_oi
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by DownInFlames View Post
I have a hunch that they're not rich and they still had 95 payments left on that boat.
Insurance to the rescue!
iggy_oi is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-2023, 09:01 AM   #8885
Hockeyguy15
Franchise Player

Exp:

I have a hunch I won't lose any sleep either way.
Old 08-03-2023, 09:03 AM   #8886
Hockeyguy15
Franchise Player

Exp:

Also buy a hitch lock for your trailer. Idiots.
The Following User Says Thank You to Hockeyguy15 For This Useful Post:
Old 08-03-2023, 09:04 AM   #8887
GirlySports
NOT breaking news

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by timun View Post
On a related note: people who don't read their emails and start trying to throw you under the bus for not replying to them RGMG.

Had one today, some uppity admin assistant who cc'ed her boss and another project manager on a ####y email about me not getting a document back to her even though she asked for it "twice with no response". Boy did it feel good writing the reply, "I did send that to you, as requested, a week ago. See attached for a copy of my email to you on the 26th." Quit ####ing around with me biiiiitch, you're gonna find out.
I love how they cc their boss and your boss to totally expose themselves. I get cc'd on these emails a lot when people complain about my team. They could have just asked you nicely in a separate email and it would be worked out in 5 minutes. Or a phone call, whatever happened to a quick phone call to confirm things. "By the way, have you gotten that document back to me? Do you remember receiving it? Was it something on my end?"

Again, these are DRAMA-SEEKING people.

GirlySports is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-2023, 09:08 AM   #8888
Wormius
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hockeyguy15 View Post
Main headline on the Calgary Herald today? $300k boat stolen from Bowness driveway.

Everyone loves to read about how crime ridden the City is, except when they believe the victim should shrug it off.
Wormius is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-2023, 09:11 AM   #8889
btimbit
Franchise Player

Exp:

My first thought is just 'Hm, who do they know at the Herald to get their story on the front page?"

Don't get me wrong, that frickin sucks but there's something like two dozen car, boat, trailer, atv, etc thefts a day in Calgary and they don't end up on the news
btimbit is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to btimbit For This Useful Post:
Old 08-03-2023, 09:15 AM   #8890
Fuzz
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by btimbit View Post
My first thought is just 'Hm, who do they know at the Herald to get their story on the front page?"

Don't get me wrong, that frickin sucks but there's something like two dozen car, boat, trailer, atv, etc thefts a day in Calgary and they don't end up on the news
Ya, but this is a story their readers can relate to.
Fuzz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-2023, 09:22 AM   #8891
PepsiFree
Participant
Participant

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hockeyguy15 View Post

The original posed photo of them holding life jackets and looking sad was so absurd.

Quote:
Originally Posted by DownInFlames View Post
I don’t know, man. There are multi-million dollar homes on Bow Crescent. It’s not really an “I’m not rich” neighborhood.
PepsiFree is online now   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to PepsiFree For This Useful Post:
Old 08-03-2023, 09:33 AM   #8892
81MC
#1 Goaltender

Exp:

Why’s everything ####ing suck? Bought a ‘new’ starter for my car; less than a year later, there I am snacking it with a hammer at 12 at night in a parking lot. Need AMA tow? 8-12hrs…for a damn tow in the middle of summer with a membership focused on providing that service? Brand spanking new work vehicles; not even a 1000km and they’re out of service. ####ing mandatory system update; can’t even run half my basic file updates now. Want to grab a basic dine-out meal with the family? Hope you like sitting at a table that hasn’t even been wiped let alone cleaned all day.

So god damned sick of some #### man.
Old 08-03-2023, 10:02 AM   #8893
timun
First Line Centre

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by GirlySports View Post
I love how they cc their boss and your boss to totally expose themselves. I get cc'd on these emails a lot when people complain about my team. They could have just asked you nicely in a separate email and it would be worked out in 5 minutes. Or a phone call, whatever happened to a quick phone call to confirm things. "By the way, have you gotten that document back to me? Do you remember receiving it? Was it something on my end?"

Again, these are DRAMA-SEEKING people.
Ha, and it's always some underling trying to stir the pot over the most minor of trifles.

In this case she doesn't realize she's throwing her own boss under the bus, because the document in question was sent to him by one of my colleagues four weeks ago. This issue arose because her boss didn't pass the original email on to her, not because we were delinquent in sending it in the first place. It was sent to him four weeks ago, re-sent to her a week ago, re-sent to him Tuesday, and re-sent to him yesterday. He politely asked me to re-send yesterday during a conference call she was not a party to. He's good ####, I wasn't mad; it just got lost in the shuffle, no biggie.

Before, to me she was just a cog in the machine. Now she's a jumped-up secretary with an attitude problem. She completely unnecessarily undermined her own credibility.

I think she's also under the sorely mistaken impression that I'm also just some clerk, and not the guy who shoots the #### in breezy phone calls with her boss...
timun is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to timun For This Useful Post:
Old 08-03-2023, 10:02 AM   #8894
surferguy
Monster Storm

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by 81MC View Post
Why’s everything ####ing suck? Bought a ‘new’ starter for my car; less than a year later, there I am snacking it with a hammer at 12 at night in a parking lot. Need AMA tow? 8-12hrs…for a damn tow in the middle of summer with a membership focused on providing that service? Brand spanking new work vehicles; not even a 1000km and they’re out of service. ####ing mandatory system update; can’t even run half my basic file updates now. Want to grab a basic dine-out meal with the family? Hope you like sitting at a table that hasn’t even been wiped let alone cleaned all day.

So god damned sick of some #### man.

Ride a cargo bike.

surferguy is online now   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to surferguy For This Useful Post:
Old 08-03-2023, 10:05 AM   #8895
burn_this_city
Franchise Player

Exp:

Is there a worse way to set $250k on fire than a wakeboard boat? We used to own one, overall between the boat cost, tow vehicle, gas, maintenance ect it cost about $500-1000/hr to operate.
burn_this_city is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-2023, 10:24 AM   #8896
chemgear
Franchise Player

Exp:

"If it flies, floats or ####s you don't buy it, just rent."

Everybody knows that.
chemgear is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to chemgear For This Useful Post:
Old 08-03-2023, 10:32 AM   #8897
DownInFlames
Craig McTavish' Merkin

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by PepsiFree View Post
The original posed photo of them holding life jackets and looking sad was so absurd.

I don’t know, man. There are multi-million dollar homes on Bow Crescent. It’s not really an “I’m not rich” neighborhood.
Yeah I know that about Bowness. I just couldn't imagine rich people going to the press and posing for that embarrassing photo after losing a luxury item. They'd pay the deductible and get a new boat. These people seem to be facing financial hardship because of this theft.
Old 08-03-2023, 11:09 AM   #8898
White Out 403
Franchise Player

Exp:

I'm on quite a run of bad luck with expenses popping up. We had to do house repairs to pass inspection for our house sale, that now have totaled 4000 dollars.

While driving my vans sunroof exploded. Village honda said it would be covered under my extended warranty I bought. I brought it in and they said I was misquoted.

The house I bought in '19 and am selling now had AC added, and, during our purchase our lawyers noticed the property report didn't show it. So we had the sellers update it. The company that did it didn't add the AC and our lawyers signed off. So now we may have to pay for that too.

It's just crazy how people are taking turns making me reach for my ankles.
White Out 403 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-2023, 11:47 AM   #8899
DownInFlames
Craig McTavish' Merkin

Exp:

There's a guy with a long white beard who begs in traffic. I used to see him on Macleod but today he was on 16th Ave & 68th St NE. His sign says "Not homeless and hungry" but "not" is in way smaller writing. I've seen him come out of a tiwnhouse in Acadia and his clothes are clean. Don't give this scum bag money.
Old 08-03-2023, 12:04 PM   #8900
TorqueDog
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by PepsiFree View Post
But there are also homes you would think were built during the first world war that aren't worth the powder to blow them to hell.
TorqueDog is offline   Reply With Quote