Calgarypuck Forums - The Unofficial Calgary Flames Fan Community

Go Back   Calgarypuck Forums - The Unofficial Calgary Flames Fan Community > Main Forums > The Off Topic Forum > Food and Entertainment
Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 02-14-2023, 12:17 PM   #821
Johnny Makarov
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Locke View Post
Its water weight.
Lol I guess thats why he is called a Bloater...
Old 02-14-2023, 12:21 PM   #822
bossy22
Powerplay Quarterback

Exp:

I'm loving the show. So good. I've never played the game. Can someone explain why there are infected underground and coming up from a pit that appeared under a house?
bossy22 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2023, 12:24 PM   #823
Erick Estrada
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by bossy22 View Post
I'm loving the show. So good. I've never played the game. Can someone explain why there are infected underground and coming up from a pit that appeared under a house?
That's actually not something that happened in the game. In the show they do comment on how the infected were driven below the surface.
Erick Estrada is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Erick Estrada For This Useful Post:
Old 02-14-2023, 12:32 PM   #824
DoubleF
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ashasx View Post
I thought infected existed to spread the virus? Can somebody explain why would a bloater rip somebody's head off, therefore preventing the virus from spreading to them?
I don't think this is a game spoiler... but I'll put it into tags anyways.

But if you don't want to check the tags, basically it's doing the same as what a lower level infected is doing. But since it's so much stronger due to longer growth period, the same movements it would have done as a lower level infected rips off limbs rather than subdues the individual.

Spoiler!
DoubleF is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to DoubleF For This Useful Post:
Old 02-14-2023, 12:57 PM   #825
Hack&Lube
Atomic Nerd

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yamer View Post
Blessed are the dysfunctional defectives that lack the tastebuds required to enjoy a Beef 'n' Cheddar with bacon and curly fries.
The state of Arby's in Calgary is pretty much post-apocalyptic. When is the last time anybody here has gone to Arby's? They are all gone now.
Hack&Lube is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2023, 01:03 PM   #826
Johnny Makarov
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hack&Lube View Post
The state of Arby's in Calgary is pretty much post-apocalyptic. When is the last time anybody here has gone to Arby's? They are all gone now.
I just went to one about a month ago at Cross Iron Mills food court. Got a few sliders and they were good but pricey. I think they have a happy hour.

There is also one on 17th Ave SE in Forest Lawn.
Old 02-14-2023, 01:15 PM   #827
Locke
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
The slow but inevitable elimination of Arbys...so what you're saying is...the Apocalypse isnt all bad?

This Post Has Been Distilled for the Eradication of Seemingly Incurable Sadness.

If you are flammable and have legs, you are never blocking a Fire Exit. - Mitch Hedberg
Locke is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2023, 03:12 PM   #828
btimbit
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Had it a few months ago maybe, but I drive by the one on Canyon Meadows Drive very time I go to work
btimbit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2023, 03:18 PM   #829
FlameOn
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
I remember going to one two or three years before the Covid lockdowns. The interiors looked like they hadn't been modernized since the 90s and was super run down. The pop machine literally exploded into a fountain while I was eating there and the staff didn't bother or couldn't turn it off. Never went back and it got converted to a Carl Jr. shortly after.
FlameOn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2023, 03:39 PM   #830
Locke
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by FlameOn View Post
I remember going to one two or three years before the Covid lockdowns. The interiors looked like they hadn't been modernized since the 90s and was super run down. The pop machine literally exploded into a fountain while I was eating there and the staff didn't bother or couldn't turn it off. Never went back and it got converted to a Carl Jr. shortly after.
Thats just that beautiful tipping point right before it reaches 'Nostalgic Kitsch.'

This Post Has Been Distilled for the Eradication of Seemingly Incurable Sadness.

If you are flammable and have legs, you are never blocking a Fire Exit. - Mitch Hedberg
Old 02-14-2023, 03:45 PM   #831
Yamer
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
There's one left in Red Deer, when (as far as I can remember) there were a peak of four (1 location in the North, 1 in the South, and 1 in each mall).

I can appreciate how they never took themselves too seriously and played into the pop culture jokes, but I can't help but think that damaged their brand somewhat.

We're talking about them in a thread about a show literally called The Last of Us. That can't be good, right?

"I see as much misery out of them moving to justify theirselves as them that set out to do harm."
-Dr. Amos "Doc" Cochran
Yamer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2023, 04:39 PM   #832
me_dennis
Scoring Winger

Exp:

did anyone else think that Perry was played by Will Forte?
me_dennis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2023, 04:52 PM   #833
Coach
Franchise Player

Exp:

Fun episode. Found myself shouting "RUN!" more than a few times though. Why are any of these people standing to watch someone get ripped to shreds by an infected? Haven't they seen that enough in their lives? It shouldn't be some mesmerizing event. GTFO of there!
Old 02-14-2023, 06:03 PM   #834
Locke
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Coach View Post
Fun episode. Found myself shouting "RUN!" more than a few times though. Why are any of these people standing to watch someone get ripped to shreds by an infected? Haven't they seen that enough in their lives? It shouldn't be some mesmerizing event. GTFO of there!
I think they do that on purpose to engage the viewers.

As to why they're standing around watching? I dont know, but I'd guess it happens more than we think it does.

Old 02-14-2023, 06:19 PM   #835
timun
First Line Centre

Exp:

People often freeze when overwhelmed with panic/fear. Fight-flight-freeze.
timun is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to timun For This Useful Post:
Old 02-14-2023, 06:45 PM   #836
Yamer
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by timun View Post
People often freeze when overwhelmed with panic/fear. Fight-flight-freeze.
Someone charged at me with a machete in their hand and the best I could manage is to stand there in complete disbelief as they turned sideways and kicked me in the stomach to drop me on my ass. They then turned and smashed 3 windows out of my car and slashed at the hood. The friend with me at the time literally ran out of his loafers to get away. We all react in funny ways to imminent danger.

I paid $2600 in damages because the insurance company refused to believe that happened despite a police report with multiple witnesses. There is zero exaggeration in this brief story.

"I see as much misery out of them moving to justify theirselves as them that set out to do harm."
-Dr. Amos "Doc" Cochran
Old 02-14-2023, 07:58 PM   #837
Winsor_Pilates
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yamer View Post
Someone charged at me with a machete in their hand and the best I could manage is to stand there in complete disbelief as they turned sideways and kicked me in the stomach to drop me on my ass. They then turned and smashed 3 windows out of my car and slashed at the hood. The friend with me at the time literally ran out of his loafers to get away. We all react in funny ways to imminent danger.

I paid $2600 in damages because the insurance company refused to believe that happened despite a police report with multiple witnesses. There is zero exaggeration in this brief story.
Yikes! were they infected?
Winsor_Pilates is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2023, 08:10 PM   #838
Yamer
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Winsor_Pilates View Post
Yikes! were they infected?
They tried to kiss me in the middle of the swarm, which I always thought was weird.

Hot, but weird.

-Dr. Amos "Doc" Cochran
Old 02-14-2023, 08:17 PM   #839
TrentCrimmIndependent
Franchise Player

Exp:

If I had to get infected, I'd definitely take the kiss as means of transference

If you're gonna join the fungi, might as well get a hot steamy make out sesh out of it
TrentCrimmIndependent is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2023, 08:35 PM   #840
Yamer
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by TrentCrimmIndependent View Post
If I had to get infected, I'd definitely take the kiss as means of transference

If you're gonna join the fungi, might as well get a hot steamy make out sesh out of it
Gets my mushroom going.

-Dr. Amos "Doc" Cochran