Calgarypuck Forums - The Unofficial Calgary Flames Fan Community

Go Back   Calgarypuck Forums - The Unofficial Calgary Flames Fan Community > Main Forums > The Off Topic Forum > Tech Talk
Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 10-14-2013, 01:27 PM   #821
Hemi-Cuda
wins 10 internets

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Violator View Post
33 million for each person for me
Damn, what crew members did you choose? I ended up choosing the best possible for all the roles, because in all the previous heists if I chose someone who wasn't the best they ended up screwing up
Hemi-Cuda is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2013, 02:07 PM   #822
Brannigans Law
First Line Centre

Exp:

How many heists are there in this game? I've done 2 or 3, and they're already talking about the "big one" which I assume is the games final heist? I love planning these heists, anything less than 5 would be hugely disappointing for me.
Brannigans Law is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2013, 02:21 PM   #823
Hemi-Cuda
wins 10 internets

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brannigans Law View Post
How many heists are there in this game? I've done 2 or 3, and they're already talking about the "big one" which I assume is the games final heist? I love planning these heists, anything less than 5 would be hugely disappointing for me.
That's my biggest complaint about the game, there's not enough of the planned heists. They're what really separate GTA V from all the previous games and I was disappointed that there weren't more, especially since your crew gains experience each time. Hopefully this will be rectified in DLC packs
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Hemi-Cuda For This Useful Post:
Old 10-14-2013, 06:02 PM   #824
calumniate
Franchise Player

Exp:

I'm such an idiot

Spoiler!
calumniate is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2013, 06:20 PM   #825
Wood
First Line Centre

Exp:

There will be heists online eventually, with the planning boards in your apartments and everything
Wood is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2013, 08:53 PM   #826
photon
The new goggles also do nothing.

Exp:

They must have had a team who's only job it was was realism. EDIT: Well maybe not realism, detail...
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to photon For This Useful Post:
Old 10-14-2013, 09:07 PM   #827
Hemi-Cuda
wins 10 internets

Exp:

After a bit of time with GTA V Online, I've learned that I'm terrible at the deathmatch games but pretty good at the racing ones (at least in cars, no idea how to race a bicycle effectively)
Old 10-15-2013, 10:13 PM   #828
Sainters7
Franchise Player

Exp:

Still doing single player, just realized if you're at a red light at the front and rev your engine, the guy next to you will race you. They won't wait for the green though, just peel out immediately.

...and I had "Adult Education" by Hall & Oates stuck in my head today because of GTA, was humming it all day at work. It'll getcha

Posted from Calgarypuck.com App for Android
Sainters7 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2013, 10:34 PM   #829
ernie
Franchise Player

Exp:

Spoiler!
ernie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2013, 10:51 PM   #830
RW99
First Line Centre

Location: 103 104END 106 109 111 117 122 202 203 207 208 216 217 219 221 222 224 225 313 317 HC G
Exp:

I'm thinking we should set a night for anyone who wants to play online. We can bypass the mentally unstable on the servers and play our own missions and races. And you get extra RP. I'm gonna throw out a time, this Sunday the 20th at 8pm. I think we have a fair bit more PS3 users, so lets get others to join the crew as well and get more Xbox users playing: http://socialclub.rockstargames.com/crew/calgarypuck/
RW99 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2013, 10:55 PM   #831
KevanGuy
Franchise Player

Exp:

I haven't tried online yet but I'll try to get it sorted and join the crew. If I do get it up and running I'll try and be on Sunday. I think my PSN is KevanGuy.
KevanGuy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2013, 01:42 AM   #832
Hemi-Cuda
wins 10 internets

Exp:

Had my first epic moment in freeroam online. Got a text from Simeon saying there was a special car in the area he wanted and it was highlighted on my map. Apparently I wasn't the only one to get this message as I saw a few other players headed for the car. I'm not the first there, but I block the player that took the car and kill him with my uzi. Steal the car, kill a couple of other players who were after me, then spent the next 10 minutes trying to lose the cops with two flat front tires. You have to take that car to the car shop near the airport to get resprayed before Simeon will take it, so I work my way over there and find out that I have a lot more control over a vehicle with 2 flat front tires in sand than I do on the road so I take it along the beach and finally manage to lose the cops. Limp my way to the car shop (it's VERY difficult to control a car that's running on rims), get repaired and resprayed, then manage to make my way to Simeon's lockup somehow managing to avoid any other players. Got 8K for my efforts, not too shabby

Then I promptly had 2 players put a bounty on my head and I saw almost every player on the map headed in my direction. Figured that was a good time to check out of freeroam and do some more races for a bit
Old 10-17-2013, 08:59 AM   #833
Regulator75
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sainters7 View Post
Still doing single player, just realized if you're at a red light at the front and rev your engine, the guy next to you will race you. They won't wait for the green though, just peel out immediately.
Posted from Calgarypuck.com App for Android
I've just tried this and it does work, though it's not much of a race.
No finish line, they just take off.

More photos on Flickr
Regulator75 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2013, 10:14 AM   #834
-TC-
Franchise Player

Exp:

TC

-TC- is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2013, 10:16 AM   #835
RW99
First Line Centre

Location: 103 104END 106 109 111 117 122 202 203 207 208 216 217 219 221 222 224 225 313 317 HC G
Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hemi-Cuda View Post
Then I promptly had 2 players put a bounty on my head and I saw almost every player on the map headed in my direction. Figured that was a good time to check out of freeroam and do some more races for a bit
I remember reading somewhere that if a IA character puts a bounty on you and you survive 24hrs in game (48 min?), you will get to keep the bounty. I'm not sure if that works for other players. If so I'd recommend going to the heliport down south near the boat slips (or anywhere else you might know helos spawn), take that to the top of the highest building and wait it out. You can run in circles on the heli pad to work on your stamina
RW99 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2013, 12:00 PM   #836
Flash Walken
Lifetime Suspension

Exp:

At the vespucci helipad, there is a long straightaway behind the helicopter pads with a nice jump at the end, perfect for a motorbike.

Long, unobstructed. I highly recommend finding a fast bike and taking that jump. Lots of things you can do with it.
Flash Walken is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2013, 12:09 PM   #837
rubecube
Franchise Player

Exp:

Hey, does anyone know what you need to do to pass the stunt jumps? I run them all the time, get huge air, but it still says "stunt jump failed."
rubecube is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2013, 12:52 PM   #838
Burninator
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by rubecube View Post
Hey, does anyone know what you need to do to pass the stunt jumps? I run them all the time, get huge air, but it still says "stunt jump failed."
They usually want you to land in a specific area, not get the most air possible. I followed this video and it worked great.

Burninator is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Burninator For This Useful Post:
Old 10-17-2013, 06:38 PM   #839
Hemi-Cuda
wins 10 internets

Exp:

Well now online is more frustrating to play than fun. Every race I tried to take part in had me up against higher level players, and everytime they'd bump me I was always the one to spin out of control (guessing because they have the higher driving skill points). I'd get in first, they'd rear end me, I ended up crashed into a ditch or building. I try to rear end them, I lose control and they hardly feel a thing

Tried some other activities but everything else is so worthless compared to racing in terms of rewards. Tried a mission where one team is on bikes that has to get a package to a destination and the other team is in jets trying to kill them. I was on the jet team and it's damn near impossible to kill someone on a dirtbike even if you get a missile lock. They get the package home and win, then I find out that the losing team in that mission gets absolutely nothing, no money or RP points. So I pretty much wasted 10 minutes of my time

I think I'm done until Rockstar releases a lot more content for online. The only thing worth doing is racing, and it either gets too boring or frustrating to do for very long
The Following User Says Thank You to Hemi-Cuda For This Useful Post:
Old 10-18-2013, 07:36 AM   #840
Rhettzky
Franchise Player

Exp:

I can't wait for heists to launch online. Right now I'm sticking to meth missions with a buddy and they are very fun. Great mix of driving, shootouts and fleeing from drug dealers. Just call Gerald and then when in mission launch screen invite your buddy. Good fun.