Calgarypuck Forums - The Unofficial Calgary Flames Fan Community

Go Back   Calgarypuck Forums - The Unofficial Calgary Flames Fan Community > Main Forums > The Off Topic Forum
Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 01-27-2016, 01:38 PM   #801
Slava
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Krovikan View Post
Did you read the article they linked, it said snowhills will be fine for 25 years. The article that was retweeted was 100% made up fear story and if you read the article they linked you would know this. Is this the same type of effort you put into your financial advice you give to people? So yes you are either a troll or a hack
I love the personal attacks. Why is it as soon as anything is questioned you have to resort to that? I don't run around on here and take shots at other peoples professions or anything like that, and frankly I don't see how that is appropriate for you to do here.

I'll be waiting for you to apologize.
Slava is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2016, 01:41 PM   #802
northcrunk
#1 Goaltender

Exp:

Some people are so Anti-oil and progress they can't see past their dreadlocks and trust funds.
northcrunk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2016, 01:45 PM   #803
IliketoPuck
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Slava View Post
Yeah, I'm a complete troll because I ask questions about something that was posted. I do have a concern with projections that are 100 years out and the like though. I might not be a scientist, but I see projections all the time in finance and frankly they're only as good as the models and the information. So here we are about a third or a quarter into that "no snow" prediction and things haven't moved in that direction at all. I don't think its a trolling scenario to ask what's changed and why that dire prediction hasn't even begun at this time?
CDC paste eater! Get him!

How dare you question the validity of a 100 year prediction, why, look at all these predictions from 100 years ago as evidence of analytical prowess!

http://www.wired.com/2014/05/victori...redict-future/

Some actually aren't that bad. But I have to say the seahorse cavalry is my personal favorite.

"I am actually more excited for the Oilers game tomorrow than the Flames game. I am praying for multiple jersey tosses. The Oilers are my new favourite team for all the wrong reasons. I hate them so much I love them."
IliketoPuck is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to IliketoPuck For This Useful Post:
Old 01-27-2016, 01:49 PM   #804
burn_this_city
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
I love the personal attacks. Why is it as soon as anything is questioned you have to resort to that? I don't run around on here and take shots at other peoples professions or anything like that, and frankly I don't see how that is appropriate for you to do here.

Don't get upset by people who can't distinguish between there and their.
burn_this_city is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to burn_this_city For This Useful Post:
Old 01-27-2016, 01:50 PM   #805
Krovikan
Powerplay Quarterback

Exp:

Quote:

I didn't make a personal attack, I question your motives in why you continue to post things that are clearly incorrect. If you say something is valid article, that is clearly a false argument and if you even clicked on the article they referenced in their article you would realize what a false argument they were making.

Instead you perpetuate the authors attempt at spreading ignorance, and you have been doing this the entire thread no matter how many people show you the data to counter your points.
Krovikan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2016, 01:52 PM   #806
burn_this_city
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
I didn't make a personal attack, I question your motives in why you continue to post things that are clearly incorrect. If you say something is valid article, that is clearly a false argument and if you even clicked on the article they referenced in their article you would realize what a false argument they were making.

Instead you perpetuate the authors attempt at spreading ignorance, and you have been doing this the entire thread no matter how many people show you the data to counter your points.
You're pretty dense if you think that wasn't a personal attack.
burn_this_city is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 11 Users Say Thank You to burn_this_city For This Useful Post:
Old 01-27-2016, 01:59 PM   #807
Slava
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:

No, its a personal attack when you start commenting about my profession and calling me a hack or a troll. Its ridiculous to be entirely forthright. The difference between you and I is that I don't have anonymity here, so I act like an adult.

I asked a couple fairly obvious questions. They weren't spiteful or mean or anything like that. Instead of "hey, here's what has changed..." or anything like that though, you decide to attack me and call me out professionally. So like I say, I'll be waiting for that apology.

And frankly this whole angle you're taking with me is hilarious. I've been posting here for years, many more times than I care to know. Probably tens of thousands of times () and this thread has single-handedly seen me attacked personally and professionally twice. The lack of respect for other peoples opinions is really at a low around here. I'm not some guy who fires personal insults or drops in to participate in some drive-by posts and try to stir things up. I think that while a lot of posters in the past might disagree with me in terms of politics or whatever, we always do so with a modicum of respect.
Slava is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 8 Users Say Thank You to Slava For This Useful Post:
Old 01-27-2016, 02:02 PM   #808
Fuzz
Franchise Player

Exp:

14,145 posts, to be specific.

I know, you didn't want to know. I'm a spoiler.
Fuzz is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Fuzz For This Useful Post:
Old 01-27-2016, 02:03 PM   #809
KootenayFlamesFan
Commie Referee

Exp:

Everyone.....just stick to the topic and leave the personal shots out of the discussion, please.

Thanks

edit: Not your post, fuzz
KootenayFlamesFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2016, 02:17 PM   #810
heep223
Could Care Less

Exp:

Today oil shrugged off the news of ongoing big inventory builds, up another dollar. Most likely grasping at an apparent softening from Russia and OPEC on maintaining max output.
heep223 is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to heep223 For This Useful Post:
Old 01-27-2016, 03:10 PM   #811
Tron_fdc
In Your MCP

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by heep223 View Post
Today oil shrugged off the news of ongoing big inventory builds, up another dollar. Most likely grasping at an apparent softening from Russia and OPEC on maintaining max output.
So can I look at my stock portfolio yet? Or should I wait a day or two?
Tron_fdc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2016, 03:12 PM   #812
peter12
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Hasn't this been our collective Western Canadian theme for basically the past 12 months?
peter12 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2016, 03:16 PM   #813
heep223
Could Care Less

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tron_fdc View Post
So can I look at my stock portfolio yet? Or should I wait a day or two?

Hurry and do a quick check before we go back into the 20s!!

In all seriousness I wouldn't be surprised if we've seen the bottom ($26.50 a week ago).
heep223 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2016, 03:20 PM   #814
nik-
Franchise Player

Exp:

I also think that last week was pretty much the bottom. I'm guessing that this $28-33ish range will stick around for a while and then we'll slowly creep up.

Unless of course this Saudi/Russia talk of production reduction totally implodes.

Then we're all going to hell
nik- is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2016, 03:27 PM   #815
Tron_fdc
In Your MCP

Exp:

Nice! All green today fellas! Footlongs for everyone this week!
Tron_fdc is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Tron_fdc For This Useful Post:
Old 01-27-2016, 03:33 PM   #816
Street Pharmacist
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Well I don't think asking questions about these things should have people pejoratively labelled? Is there an obvious explanation for the data that seems to conflict the original report? Seems like we are pressing politicians to make some major changes to our society in the name of climate change, so asking questions and wanting to confirm its accuracy doesn't strike me as completely irresponsible.
How many more questions need to be asked? Haven't they all been answered again and again and again?
Street Pharmacist is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2016, 03:38 PM   #817
OMG!WTF!
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
I think there was a surprising drop in distilate inventory at the 10am est announcement. That seemed to kick off the rally today.
OMG!WTF! is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2016, 04:01 PM   #818
Boblobla
Franchise Player

Exp:

http://globalnews.ca/news/2481569/fe...oil-pipelines/

Federal government announces new rules for assessing oil pipelines

Quote:
The Liberal government has released a broad outline of how it plans to start changing the way environmental assessments are done before major projects like pipelines get approved and built.

The National Energy Board, which conducts extensive reviews of projects and submits a report to the government, is expected to submit its final report to Ottawa on Trans Mountain in May. After that, the government will have seven, rather than four, months to make a final decision.

That extension will allow the government to undertake more consultations with First Nations communities and assess additional greenhouse gas emissions that could be associated with the project.

On Energy East, the government says it will seek an extension on two fronts. First, it will extend the legislated review time for the NEB by six months (to 21 months total) and then also extend the time Ottawa is given to make a final decision by three months (six in total).

Again, the additional time is to be used for more in-depth consultations with Aboriginal groups, greenhouse gas assessments and also to “help facilitate expanded public input.”

That means Energy East likely won’t have a firm answer until late 2018, 27 months after the NEB starts its assessment process, which may not happen until the summer.
Boblobla is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Boblobla For This Useful Post:
Old 01-27-2016, 04:09 PM   #819
CampbellsTransgressions
Lifetime Suspension

Exp:

Absolutely no urgency from the government. They're setting up to push all decision making past the next election.

I hope Ambrose, Jean, Wall, McIver have a field day.
CampbellsTransgressions is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2016, 04:14 PM   #820
peter12
Franchise Player

Exp:

Yeah, I was hoping for something concrete, but increasing timelines... Seriously?
peter12 is offline   Reply With Quote