Calgarypuck Forums - The Unofficial Calgary Flames Fan Community

Go Back   Calgarypuck Forums - The Unofficial Calgary Flames Fan Community > Main Forums > Other Sports: Football, Baseball, Local Hockey, Etc...
Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 12-06-2020, 02:38 PM   #801
Locke
Franchise Player

Exp:

I have to respect Tony Adams' complete loathing for Spurs and then ability to give relatively decent commentary.

Godammit Nuno....that is a glorious beard.

This Post Has Been Distilled for the Eradication of Seemingly Incurable Sadness.

If you are flammable and have legs, you are never blocking a Fire Exit. - Mitch Hedberg
Locke is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2020, 09:19 AM   #802
cam_wmh
Franchise Player

Exp:

That rat Raiola, finally saying what we already knew.

“Paul Pogba’s time at Manchester United is over”

https://metro.co.uk/2020/12/07/paul-...7/?ito=article
cam_wmh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2020, 09:38 AM   #803
Locke
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by cam_wmh View Post

Isnt this like the third time hes said that? Holy crap, what a headache.

If I were United (and granted, I'm vengeful) I'd sell Pogba for £1 just so Raiola doesnt make enough of a commission to buy a cheeseburger.

This Post Has Been Distilled for the Eradication of Seemingly Incurable Sadness.

If you are flammable and have legs, you are never blocking a Fire Exit. - Mitch Hedberg
Old 12-07-2020, 09:44 AM   #804
devo22
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:

finally some good news in 2020
devo22 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2020, 01:09 PM   #805
Bagor
Franchise Player

Exp:

The timing of this release, right before a crucial CL tie speaks volumes about the respect Pogba and Raiola have for the club. There is no reasonable reason why this couldn't have waited another 24 hrs.

Get him out in January. Get Lingard out too who in my opinion, asides from the fact that he's crap should have been shipped out the moment he signed up with Raiola. Disrespectful to the club considering the merde Raiola had been stirring.

Forget any consideration of Haaland and move away from having him (Raiola) anywhere related to the club.

Uniteds own fault for tolerating Pogba and his antics. Rule #1 under Fergie was no player is bigger than the club and they were ruthlessly shipped out of he thought they were going to be so. Beckham, Keane Stam who all contributed FAR more and showed more character than Pogba ever did.

Having said that I hope he performs well in the next couple of weeks so they could get some sort of return on him. I'll take anything over 40M to be rid of him.

Really, what will United be losing? The multiple disposessions? The game changing mistakes? The lazy nonchalant attitude? The weeks spent on the physios table? The drama and distraction? All for brief widely interspersed patches of brilliance?

They'll be a lot better off when he's gone playing and culture wise.. It's not a Ronaldo or Rooney situation where its players that are actually contributing to the club that are looking to move on. He contributes absolutely nothing.

United need to take a long hard look at themselves as to why they've allowed this crap to go on for so long.

GTFO.

Bagor is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Bagor For This Useful Post:
Old 12-07-2020, 02:41 PM   #806
d_phaneuf
Franchise Player

Exp:

https://twitter.com/user/status/1335650418727260163
d_phaneuf is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to d_phaneuf For This Useful Post:
Old 12-07-2020, 02:47 PM   #807
d_phaneuf
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bagor View Post
The timing of this release, right before a crucial CL tie speaks volumes about the respect Pogba and Raiola have for the club. There is no reasonable reason why this couldn't have waited another 24 hrs.

Get him out in January. Get Lingard out too who in my opinion, asides from the fact that he's crap should have been shipped out the moment he signed up with Raiola. Disrespectful to the club considering the merde Raiola had been stirring.

Forget any consideration of Haaland and move away from having him (Raiola) anywhere related to the club.

Uniteds own fault for tolerating Pogba and his antics. Rule #1 under Fergie was no player is bigger than the club and they were ruthlessly shipped out of he thought they were going to be so. Beckham, Keane Stam who all contributed FAR more and showed more character than Pogba ever did.

Having said that I hope he performs well in the next couple of weeks so they could get some sort of return on him. I'll take anything over 40M to be rid of him.

Really, what will United be losing? The multiple disposessions? The game changing mistakes? The lazy nonchalant attitude? The weeks spent on the physios table? The drama and distraction? All for brief widely interspersed patches of brilliance?

They'll be a lot better off when he's gone playing and culture wise.. It's not a Ronaldo or Rooney situation where its players that are actually contributing to the club that are looking to move on. He contributes absolutely nothing.

United need to take a long hard look at themselves as to why they've allowed this crap to go on for so long.

GTFO.
I'd just sit him in the reserves and tell Raiola to find them a buyer for more than X, 40m seems reasonable, or else hes not playing a game until his contract runs down in 18 months

I was shocked when I saw the quote, like you said the night before the CL and with City on the weekend
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to d_phaneuf For This Useful Post:
Old 12-07-2020, 02:52 PM   #808
SuperMatt18
Franchise Player

Exp:

Raiola is a headcase and just poison as an agent, and Man U should just move on from Pogba since that relationship is too fractured at this point but I can also kind of see why Pogba would be frustrated here too.

He publicly stated he wanted to stay in the summer, and wanted to sit down for a longer term extension on his current deal.

Instead it appears Man U just extended the deal with their one year option and never even sat down for discussions.

Maybe it's just me but to me that almost felt like Man U signaling to him that they are going to sell him and he wasn't in the long term plans first.

This almost feels like it's more just "I'm going to say I'm breaking up with you first, so you can't say you're breaking up with me", but yeah the timing is the worst part of it all for sure.
SuperMatt18 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2020, 04:13 PM   #809
devo22
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by SuperMatt18 View Post
Raiola is a headcase and just poison as an agent, and Man U should just move on from Pogba since that relationship is too fractured at this point but I can also kind of see why Pogba would be frustrated here too.

He publicly stated he wanted to stay in the summer, and wanted to sit down for a longer term extension on his current deal.

Instead it appears Man U just extended the deal with their one year option and never even sat down for discussions.

Maybe it's just me but to me that almost felt like Man U signaling to him that they are going to sell him and he wasn't in the long term plans first.

This almost feels like it's more just "I'm going to say I'm breaking up with you first, so you can't say you're breaking up with me", but yeah the timing is the worst part of it all for sure.
by that time, how many times had Pogba already flirted with Real and talked about leaving? It would have been stupid by United to extend him, it would have cost them a ####load of money. I think there's a mutual understanding that he would have already left if it hadn't been for Covid, and it's just best to go their separate ways next summer. There's no real surprise there, it's just vile of Raiola to publicly open that can of worms a day before the most important game of the season so far. Absolutely no need for that.
Old 12-07-2020, 06:50 PM   #810
cam_wmh
Franchise Player

Exp:

The extension was invoked, a day or so after he said he would love to play for Real.

God I'd love him to be sent to the reserves. Shine Bruno's shoes, you 4th stringer.
Old 12-07-2020, 08:08 PM   #811
Bagor
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by SuperMatt18 View Post

What had he done in the years leading up to that to warrant a seat at the table for an extension? Why on earth would United extend him? The only time you hear mention of him is for him running his mouth to the press not for performances.

He's a nuisance. A distraction. He'd be half tolerable if he could back up some of his talk with consistent action. Instead he's as much a passenger than he is as a game changer.

One of the most over rated players that ever put foot in the club.

Does anyone honestly think Barca or Real are sitting there thinking that they have to go full out to get him? He'll get destroyed in Madrid.

Bagor is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Bagor For This Useful Post:
Old 12-07-2020, 08:19 PM   #812
The Big Chill
I believe in the Jays.

Exp:

Who is going to pay anything for him? I wouldn’t take him for free. There is only a handful of clubs willing to throw around that type of cash for transfer fees and wages and I’m sure some of them will steer clear. He just isn’t worth it.
The Big Chill is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2020, 09:47 PM   #813
Locke
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
The extension was invoked, a day or so after he said he would love to play for Real.

God I'd love him to be sent to the reserves. Shine Bruno's shoes, you 4th stringer.
You're still paying him £290K a week. Almost triple Fernandes' salary.

Old 12-07-2020, 10:16 PM   #814
cam_wmh
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Locke View Post
Well aware, he's second highest paid. If Woodward had any balls, he'd bury the Primadonna. You do not sully the brand ever, yet this putz has done it at least 5 times.

Make him ride the bus', and practice with the reserves. He objects, fine him wages. Make a god damn example of him. Ruthlessly.

Oh and Bagor, comically, Lingard fired Raiola a few weeks ago. He should be liquidated in January too.
Old 12-07-2020, 11:09 PM   #815
d_phaneuf
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
It's the principle

A. The money isn't an issue, which makes following the principles easier

But most importantly

B. You gain back the respect for the club, you show everyone that this kind of BS won't be tolerated. It's not like they would be looked at poorly for doing it, the two of them have justifiably earned the scorn they are getting

If Ole came out tomorrow and said as long as I'm in charge of United then Pogba won't wear the shirt, would be great for him if SAF backed him publicly too

The fanbase would unanimously favor it
Old 12-07-2020, 11:14 PM   #816
Locke
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by d_phaneuf View Post
It's the principle

A. The money isn't an issue, which makes following the principles easier

But most importantly

B. You gain back the respect for the club, you show everyone that this kind of BS won't be tolerated. It's not like they would be looked at poorly for doing it, the two of them have justifiably earned the scorn they are getting

If Ole came out tomorrow and said as long as I'm in charge of United then Pogba won't wear the shirt, would be great for him if SAF backed him publicly too

The fanbase would unanimously favor it
Hey, you're preaching to the choir. I'd do it if I were the manager. I'd be a little upset if I needed a former manager to back me, but thems the breaks sometimes.

Seriously, look at my prior posts. I'd either sit Pogba or sell him to some 3rd division team in Malta for nothing for the duration of his contract. Yes, I know there are other considerations, I'm just exaggerating.

The Following User Says Thank You to Locke For This Useful Post:
Old 12-08-2020, 05:51 AM   #817
d_phaneuf
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Hey, you're preaching to the choir. I'd do it if I were the manager. I'd be a little upset if I needed a former manager to back me, but thems the breaks sometimes.

Seriously, look at my prior posts. I'd either sit Pogba or sell him to some 3rd division team in Malta for nothing for the duration of his contract. Yes, I know there are other considerations, I'm just exaggerating.
I think you are right about the money tho, for most clubs it would be a huge issue

But United and city are probly the 2 where it doesnt really matter
Old 12-11-2020, 10:09 AM   #818
devo22
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Solskjaer on Champions League group and Europa League

"It's been a step up from last season with the Europa League, those six games have been great in testing levels because we played against two top teams, one in final and one in semi-final last year, we've learnt any small mistake will get punished, any margin can punish you, we were very close to going through in a very good group, that shows me a team moving forward from drawing to Colchester and barely beating Rochdale.

"We struggled to beat Astana, Partizan convincingly, we've taken steps from last year, a year back. Short-term learning is we still have a little bit of a way to go to of course compete and go and win the Champions League because that's our aim to win trophies and be contenders."
grim. Man needs to go.
Old 12-11-2020, 11:23 AM   #819
Locke
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by devo22 View Post
grim. Man needs to go.
That man needs a contract extension and a raise. He is doing excellent work.

The Following User Says Thank You to Locke For This Useful Post:
Old 12-11-2020, 11:38 AM   #820
cam_wmh
Franchise Player

Exp:

Henderson or de Gea for the derby?