Calgarypuck Forums - The Unofficial Calgary Flames Fan Community

Go Back   Calgarypuck Forums - The Unofficial Calgary Flames Fan Community > Main Forums > The Off Topic Forum > Tech Talk
Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 02-11-2012, 01:15 PM   #801
CaptainCrunch
Norm!

Exp:

I am sitting at leave 48 on my Sith Warrior and I'm coming to the end of the story line.

I've been playing the game now for about 35 days focusing on one story line. I'm really enjoying the game, and I'll probably take a break after I'm done the story line and wait for the next major update and start a new and different story line.

I'm probably going to write my thoughts on the game after I'm done with the first story line from the perspective of what I am. A first time MMO player.

But to be honest Blaster, I think this is an excellent game and a really good value entertainment wise.

Look on my Works, ye Mighty, and despair!
CaptainCrunch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2012, 01:29 PM   #802
Blaster86
UnModerator

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by CaptainCrunch View Post
But to be honest Blaster, I think this is an excellent game and a really good value entertainment wise.

I think at the 59.99 or 69.99 I paid for it, yes. Good value, no question. My problem from the perspective that you're taking is you're going to essentially pay $15 a month to play KotOR which is only $9 all-in. A less in-depth and immersive KotOR for $15 a month will turn into a bad value very fast.

But that is just for me, if you are enjoying it them disregard me. I am looking at it from a veteran MMO player who wanted something new's angle.

THANK MR DEMKO
CPHL Ottawa Vancouver
Blaster86 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2012, 01:30 PM   #803
CaptainCrunch
Norm!

Exp:

Come on Blaster, I never disregard anyones opinions, except for that fat guy that works in the 7-11, he's got some real life issues.

Old 02-11-2012, 02:32 PM   #804
silentsim
#1 Goaltender

Exp:

WoW= endgame>leveling
Swtor=leveling>>>endgame

A little after hitting 50 was super bored
silentsim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2012, 02:50 PM   #805
Blaster86
UnModerator

Exp:

Quote:
Come on Blaster, I never disregard anyones opinions, except for that fat guy that works in the 7-11, he's got some real life issues.
It's more of a "my opinion isn't relevant for you" type disregard than a "You're an idiot and I want no part in you." Also true, but not relevant here! We were both looking for different things from this game and are thus having different experiences.

Nothing wrong with that.

THANK MR DEMKO
CPHL Ottawa Vancouver
Old 02-12-2012, 06:04 AM   #806
Thor
God of Hating Twitter

Exp:

Blaster your a terrible human being.
Old 02-12-2012, 10:10 AM   #807
Blaster86
UnModerator

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thor View Post
Blaster your a terrible human being.

you're*
The Following User Says Thank You to Blaster86 For This Useful Post:
Old 02-13-2012, 08:39 AM   #808
Regorium
First Line Centre

Exp:

Just hit 50. Haven't finished the storyline yet (darn mass xp from space missions/pvp/flashpoints).

I think I had my 2nd "Wow!" moment when I stepped into Corellia. The ambience there is quite awesome - really looks like a warzone, but has all the ships being built and all that. The first was seeing Coruscant's Senate Tower and surrounding architecture.

The storyline also got good as well. Had the "reveal" moment where everything goes to hell, and sets up the final planet really nicely. Will probably be finishing it in the next couple days!
Regorium is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2012, 08:45 AM   #809
chemgear
Franchise Player

Exp:

^ Gee, and I thought I was the cynic.
chemgear is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2012, 09:06 AM   #810
CaptainCrunch
Norm!

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Regorium View Post
Just hit 50. Haven't finished the storyline yet (darn mass xp from space missions/pvp/flashpoints).

I think I had my 2nd "Wow!" moment when I stepped into Corellia. The ambience there is quite awesome - really looks like a warzone, but has all the ships being built and all that. The first was seeing Coruscant's Senate Tower and surrounding architecture.

The storyline also got good as well. Had the "reveal" moment where everything goes to hell, and sets up the final planet really nicely. Will probably be finishing it in the next couple days!
I'm at 49 and on Corellia as well, there are a massive amount of missions there, I have to state that I felt like a member of the 99% when I went after the board of drectors for the engineering company there with my Sith murderer.

My companion Quinn who I spared after he deserved death doesn't like my attitude lately as I'm killing everyone who opposses me.

I haven't started on the main storyline mission there yet, I've been too busy fighting other battles.

Scored my first goal in Huttball last night, and managed to murder a person while doing it. He was standing in front of the goal line using his heal spell because he was weak. I had the ball, did a massive force charge followed by my personal favorite the kick to the face, oh my the Quarterback is toast. then I walked across the goal line.

I'm still having probems completing a pass though.

I'll throw a pass and my team mates are too busy with the chaos to make the catch.

Old 02-13-2012, 09:20 AM   #811
CaptainCrunch
Norm!

Exp:

On a side note, I know that my Sith Warrior is coming to the end of his story line unless they add some more storyline content. I probably have about 3 main story line missions and about 8 solo missions left to fullfill. Then unless I want to spend more time with PVP, Flashzones and Illium missions, he's pretty much done.

I started playing this game on December 27th and a month and a half later, I've got an extremely powerful Sith Lord who's entirely dark and has murdered more jedi and Sith and rebels and others then I can keep track of.

He's got a cool Darth Vaderesque look going, and he's about to fulfill his mission and probably kill the man most responsible for his power.

Its going to be tough to let him go and start a completely different storyline.

I'll probably write a quick review here, then take some time off from the game til after the next major update.

Old 02-13-2012, 10:27 AM   #812
Rhettzky
Franchise Player

Exp:

I'm pretty new at this game but have a quick question about your armour and weapons. Do they just deteriorate and then you sell them and buy new stuff, or can you get them repaired somewhere?
Old 02-13-2012, 10:37 AM   #813
Regorium
First Line Centre

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rhettzky View Post
I'm pretty new at this game but have a quick question about your armour and weapons. Do they just deteriorate and then you sell them and buy new stuff, or can you get them repaired somewhere?
You can repair them at any vendor. If you look at the vendor screen, near the bottom there will be three tabs. The buying tab (where you can buy stuff), then there's a buyback tab (where you can re-buy stuff you accidentally sold), and the third tab will be Repair, where you can repair all your items.
Regorium is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Regorium For This Useful Post:
Old 02-13-2012, 10:39 AM   #814
CaptainCrunch
Norm!

Exp:

The only thing that I don't understand. For example I have a level 48 breast plate with 715 armour.

I was looking at the Champions gear and it seems like the armor number is really low especially on the masks.

I would have thought that PVP and champions armor would give you heavier protection.

Currently my level 49 dude with all level 48 armor has about 13000 hit points.

Old 02-13-2012, 10:40 AM   #815
CaptainCrunch
Norm!

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Regorium View Post
You can repair them at any vendor. If you look at the vendor screen, near the bottom there will be three tabs. The buying tab (where you can buy stuff), then there's a buyback tab (where you can re-buy stuff you accidentally sold), and the third tab will be Repair, where you can repair all your items.
Yup, I repair after every tough mission.

Old 02-13-2012, 11:51 AM   #816
Komskies
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
The only thing that I don't understand. For example I have a level 48 breast plate with 715 armour.

I was looking at the Champions gear and it seems like the armor number is really low especially on the masks.

I would have thought that PVP and champions armor would give you heavier protection.

Currently my level 49 dude with all level 48 armor has about 13000 hit points.
It's possible you were looking at the medium armor Marauder gear, instead of the Heavy Armor Juggernaut gear.

My Sith Juggernaut has a full set of PvP Champion gear and it gives me 17,000 unbuffed hp, and about 7400 armor. Fully buffed in a Warzone I have about 19,300 hp.

Edit: Since you are an Immortal spec Juggernaut, you want to look at the 'Champion War Leader" set.

http://www.torhead.com/item/hksz7vs/...ers-body-armor

^ Looks like the data on Torhead is outdated. I have no idea what glance rating is as it's not in the game right now, and the Champion gear does not have augment slots.

Last edited by Komskies; 02-13-2012 at 11:55 AM.
Komskies is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2012, 12:57 PM   #817
CaramonLS
Retired

Exp:

Komskies, what server are you on?
CaramonLS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2012, 01:44 PM   #818
Komskies
Franchise Player

Exp:

The Maw, PvP server Empire side.
Komskies is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2012, 04:20 PM   #819
Yorkshire Flame
Crash and Bang Winger

Exp:

Tbh, I'm having a pretty tough time getting into this game. I'm not sure whether it's the game, or that I just don't want to get sucked in like WoW, but I'm just not feeling it. Not saying they didn't do a spectacular job, because the game itself is fantastic; just can't seem to get into it.
Yorkshire Flame is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2012, 04:24 PM   #820
CaptainCrunch
Norm!

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Komskies View Post
The Maw, PvP server Empire side.
To bad your not on the Daragon Trail Server, I'd pay you 15,000 credits to wack CaramonLS

That's right, I'll pay anyone on Daragon trail to hunt him down and wack him

The Following User Says Thank You to CaptainCrunch For This Useful Post: