Calgarypuck Forums - The Unofficial Calgary Flames Fan Community

Go Back   Calgarypuck Forums - The Unofficial Calgary Flames Fan Community > Main Forums > The Off Topic Forum > Tech Talk
Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 07-24-2024, 10:29 AM   #8061
bdubbs
Powerplay Quarterback

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Raekwon View Post
Looking like it could be the best league so far, can't wait to research builds all week just to change last second to a build that sucks, lol.
I've got a few builds in mind, one of which might be a 'bait' build for a league starter, but I'm sure I'll make it work somehow... Gonna do melee to start, what with the revamp and all...
bdubbs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2024, 12:52 PM   #8062
Raekwon
First Line Centre

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by bdubbs View Post
I've got a few builds in mind, one of which might be a 'bait' build for a league starter, but I'm sure I'll make it work somehow... Gonna do melee to start, what with the revamp and all...
Bleed Earthquake Gladiator, hope it works out because I hate going through the campaign for alts.
Raekwon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2024, 01:15 PM   #8063
Sainters7
Franchise Player

Exp:

I'm thoroughly confused by Ultimate Team in College Football 25. Having a heckuva time getting the RPO figured out too, that's not my style of football at all. Find it a bit boring, I'd much rather just huck it & chuck it. But the game seems heavily geared towards wanting you to be RPO-heavy, so it's a struggle if it's not your thing. The game doesn't do a great job teaching you how to use it, Madden tutorials seem far superior.

On the flip side, I somehow have kicking down pretty solid. You win some, you lose some..
Sainters7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2024, 06:57 PM   #8064
Inferno
Franchise Player

Exp:

217 GB to install Modern Warfare 3. I wish they would have did what Gears 5 did and let you pick what you want to install. All I care about is the single player campaign.
Inferno is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2024, 06:59 PM   #8065
chemgear
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Inferno View Post
217 GB to install Modern Warfare 3. I wish they would have did what Gears 5 did and let you pick what you want to install. All I care about is the single player campaign.
Oh, they will never let you do that. Their ability to make money off of you is not via the campaign.
chemgear is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2024, 11:07 PM   #8066
Since1984
First Line Centre

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by chemgear View Post
Oh, they will never let you do that. Their ability to make money off of you is not via the campaign.
Oh but they do allow you to do it.......
Instead of clicking Install, move one button to the right where it says "Manage" and select what you want to install. It halved the install size.

Crazy!!
Since1984 is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Since1984 For This Useful Post:
Old 07-25-2024, 10:13 AM   #8067
chemgear
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Since1984 View Post
Oh but they do allow you to do it.......
Instead of clicking Install, move one button to the right where it says "Manage" and select what you want to install. It halved the install size.

Crazy!!
I stand corrected!
Old 07-25-2024, 10:34 AM   #8068
Kybosh
#1 Goaltender

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by chemgear View Post
Warhammer Rogue Trader looks good. Happened to come across a code (RT19) that works on Gamebillet and it just came in around $27 CDN. Seems like well worth it.
Did you end up playing this? I'm curious about the game but I've heard that the developer Owlcat produce some pretty complicated systems and doing the "wrong" things is really easy to do. . .
Kybosh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2024, 12:18 PM   #8069
bdubbs
Powerplay Quarterback

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Raekwon View Post
Bleed Earthquake Gladiator, hope it works out because I hate going through the campaign for alts.
I don't mind the campaign as much, as it's basically auto-pilot from doing it so many times. I was also thinking bleed, but going with Lacerate, because I've never done that build before, but now I'm considering leaning on ol' reliable Archmage ice nova as a start before I go melee on an alt...
bdubbs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2024, 12:57 PM   #8070
chemgear
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kybosh View Post
Did you end up playing this? I'm curious about the game but I've heard that the developer Owlcat produce some pretty complicated systems and doing the "wrong" things is really easy to do. . .
I did buy it but haven't had a chance to start into yet. Maybe Mortismal can give you more information though:

Old 07-25-2024, 02:07 PM   #8071
KelVarnsen
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sainters7 View Post
I'm thoroughly confused by Ultimate Team in College Football 25. Having a heckuva time getting the RPO figured out too, that's not my style of football at all. Find it a bit boring, I'd much rather just huck it & chuck it. But the game seems heavily geared towards wanting you to be RPO-heavy, so it's a struggle if it's not your thing. The game doesn't do a great job teaching you how to use it, Madden tutorials seem far superior.

On the flip side, I somehow have kicking down pretty solid. You win some, you lose some..
Yeah it needs a tutorial in game.

This should you out though https://www.operationsports.com/ea-s...plainer-guide/
KelVarnsen is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to KelVarnsen For This Useful Post:
Old 07-25-2024, 02:16 PM   #8072
Sainters7
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by KelVarnsen View Post
Yeah it needs a tutorial in game.

This should you out though https://www.operationsports.com/ea-s...plainer-guide/
Thanks man, appreciated! Yeah since writing that, I've gotten better with it as I've been crushing through all the mini games and Ultimate Team sessions, but I'm still not great.

Last edited by Sainters7; 07-25-2024 at 07:04 PM.
Sainters7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2024, 03:50 PM   #8073
Mazrim
CP Gamemaster

Exp:

With Metroid Zero Mission on Switch Online now, I decided to unlock all the ending pictures which is something I never did on the GBA. I wasn't prepared for the hell that Hard mode with 15% items was going to be. After tons of retries and some help from save states from Switch Online, I got it done. This is my files for Hard 100%, Any% and 15% all under 2 hours for the ending pictures.

In case you don't know, on hard mode you only get 2 missiles per missile tank, 1 super missile per super tank, and 50 energy per energy tank. Everything does double or even triple damage, and bosses have more health. For 15% completion you only get 6 "optional" items so I had a total of 2 missiles and 2 super missiles to use.

Tourian is a nightmare: the Metroid spawns are doubled and they're more aggressive, and you can only kill them with missiles or super missiles. I spent minutes just sitting there freezing Metroids while waiting for the ring enemies to drop missile refills for my measly loadout. If you didn't juggle the Metroids well it was a guaranteed death.

Then there's Mother Brain...yikes. I would break a gate, leave the room to refill, go back in and repeat for every gate while basically playing a bullet hell with all the turrets. Mother Brain's beam attack will one shot you, and you're already dodging bullets and ring enemies constantly. I took screw attack to deal with the bullets and ring enemies here. If you beat Mother Brain, you get only 1 minute to escape to your ship. I took Hi-Jump Boots solely for this section since I wasn't fast enough to escape otherwise. You need to do a bomb jump at the end of the escape if you don't have speed booster which is really stressful as you usually have only 10-15 seconds left at that point.

Anyway, it was a crazy challenge and even though I "cheated" using save states in places, it feels like a great accomplishment. Maybe someday I'll go back and do it legit - aka reloading from save rooms which is ultra tedious. On to dread mode on Metroid Dread!
Mazrim is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Mazrim For This Useful Post:
Old 07-29-2024, 12:22 AM   #8074
DownInFlames
Craig McTavish' Merkin

Exp:

I think Path of the Goddess is the next game I'm going to play. Anyone tried it?

DownInFlames is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-2024, 07:35 AM   #8075
photon
The new goggles also do nothing.

Exp:

I saw a few things about it and it looks interesting, will probably give it a try at some point.
Old 07-29-2024, 09:08 AM   #8076
chemgear
Franchise Player

Exp:

https://twitter.com/user/status/1817923477854138376
The Following User Says Thank You to chemgear For This Useful Post:
Old 07-29-2024, 09:40 AM   #8077
photon

Exp:

Do those eyes blink and emote?!?!
Old 07-29-2024, 09:58 AM   #8078
Mazrim
CP Gamemaster

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by photon View Post
Do those eyes blink and emote?!?!
In the reveal video during the animated part it does, but then at the end when it's just the controller shown it doesn't. My guess is that it's just a sticker applied to the touch pad.
Mazrim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-2024, 10:13 AM   #8079
photon

Exp:

Yeah the video shows them doing it:

But yeah the actual picture shows the 'pixels' being cut off, so just a sticker.

If I needed a controller then maybe, it's nice colours, but that's disappointing.
Old 07-29-2024, 11:14 AM   #8080
chemgear
Franchise Player

Exp:

Yeah, I would assume they would need to add new tech in order to get the eyes to emote just for this controller lol.

Oh, Tower Defense sales on Steam. Too bad Emberward is too new; hearing and seeing a lot of good things.