Calgarypuck Forums - The Unofficial Calgary Flames Fan Community

Go Back   Calgarypuck Forums - The Unofficial Calgary Flames Fan Community > Main Forums > The Off Topic Forum
Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

View Poll Results: Donald Trump's first 100 days have been a success.
Agree 45 11.00%
Not sure 22 5.38%
Disagree 342 83.62%
Voters: 409. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread

Old 08-15-2017, 08:27 PM   #8021
Senator Clay Davis
Franchise Player

Exp:

Lol at his staff now outing him as a racist

https://www.nytimes.com/2017/08/15/u...ionalists.html

Last edited by Senator Clay Davis; 08-15-2017 at 08:35 PM.
Old 08-15-2017, 08:28 PM   #8022
chemgear
Franchise Player

Exp:

The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to chemgear For This Useful Post:
Old 08-15-2017, 08:28 PM   #8023
DuffMan
Franchise Player

Exp:

6 executives now have quit his manufacturing council since Saturday.
It's unbelievable he still thinks everything is ok and everyone loves him.
Old 08-15-2017, 08:32 PM   #8024
GGG
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by DuffMan View Post
Insinuating? He was quoting. Insinuating, quoting, I don't see the 2 mixing.

If you're going to jump to those conclusions, I can definitely see why you're on the CNN is fake news bandwagon like chl.
He didn't quote. He paraphrased. Had he quoted trump I would have no issue. Let the mans words hang himself.

I don't think CNN is fake news. It's infotainment. It's fact based but intentionally designed to create a naritive rather than reporting fact. It's is editorialization of facts not the reporting of news.

It's like a Spector Column instead of a Box Score

Do you think that Tapper meant for people to assume Trump said there are good people in the KKK? Or do you think Tapper meant people to assume that Trump said there were some good people who were at the March?

(I should add I don't think that you accidently end up at the white supremacist march to protest statue removal)

Last edited by GGG; 08-15-2017 at 08:37 PM.
Old 08-15-2017, 08:34 PM   #8025
Lanny_McDonald
Franchise Player

Exp:

Holy crap, what the hell happened here. I thought we saw our last argument about the context or meaning of a word, yet we've been sidetracked yet again. Corsi quotes Trump saying “that there were good people involved in the protest that weren't white supremacists or neo-Nazis.” This is flat out ignorance of the facts at hand. There were no “good people” involved in that night rally by torch light. NONE. There were those who participated march, chanting anti-semantic, Nazi and racist slogans. Claiming otherwise is playing extremely stupid, considering that Vice documented the who thing. These idiots marched across campus chanting Nazi and White Supremacist slogans while carrying torches, in line with KKK behaviors. Those involved were supporting those behaviors. Saying otherwise is just pure ignorance. Arguing that Trapper is reading more into this, or putting words in Trump’s mouth, is disingenuous. Sure, Trump didn’t utter these exact words, but when you observe the events of the weekend, and the stuff he didn’t say, it is clear exactly what he meant.

Also, when Trump says that stupid #### about confederate monuments and equating them to the monuments errected to the founding fathers, he again displays his woeful ignorance. If Trump, and you posters, cannot see the difference, then I don't know what to tell you. The founding fathers fought for freedom from oppression. Did they have everything right, especially on slavery? Nope, but they fought a battle against oppression and charted us on the road to greater freedoms for all men, because we were born equal. Conversely, the confederacy fought for the oppression and subjugation of an entire race, suggesting that one was inferior to another. The foundling fathers were enlightenment thinkers, while those in the confederacy were counter to everything the United States was founded on. Sweet baby Jesus, this isn't tough to figure out, unless you obfuscate the issue with an argument over the meaning of a word and make the discussion out of that rather than the larger context.
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Lanny_McDonald For This Useful Post:
Old 08-15-2017, 08:40 PM   #8026
photon
The new goggles also do nothing.

Exp:

Lol so Politico had a transcript up:

http://www.politico.com/story/2017/0...nscript-241662

And one part says: TRUMP: Okay, what about the alt-left that came charging at [indiscernible] – excuse me – what about the alt-left that came charging at the, as you say, the alt right? Do they have any semblance of guilt?

And look at the correction:

CORRECTION: An earlier version of this transcript quoted Trump as saying, "Okay, what about the alt-left that came charging at us – excuse me." In a review of the audio, we could not definitively discern Trump's exact words at that moment in the news conference. The transcript has been updated to now read: "Okay, what about the alt-left that came charging at [indiscernible] – excuse me."

That "us" was causing quite a lot of reaction until they changed it.

EDIT: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=poFDm0WRqUo at about 6:10 it starts that part, doesn't look like he said us to me.
Old 08-15-2017, 08:41 PM   #8027
DuffMan
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by GGG View Post
He didn't quote. He paraphrased. Had he quoted trump I would have no issue. Let the mans words hang himself.

I don't think CNN is fake news. It's infotainment. It's fact based but intentionally designed to create a naritive rather than reporting fact. It's is editorialization of facts not the reporting of news.

It's like a Spector Column instead of a Box Score
Paraphrased, you're right.

I don't think it's infotainment, it's 24 hour news with discussion panels. Not your grandparents 1 hour nightly news, or your local stations news hour, I'll give you that. I guess I can kind of see you point, and understand where you're coming from though.

But I do take exception to chl massaging what their people say to change the story. That's fake news.
GGG
Old 08-15-2017, 08:45 PM   #8028
Lanny_McDonald
Franchise Player

Exp:

How did this discussion turn from a reprehensible human being, making excuses for reprehensible racists, become a discussion of accuracy over Trumps mumbling and a reason to attack the media? Seems people have fallen for Trump's line of bull####.
Old 08-15-2017, 09:03 PM   #8029
direwolf
Franchise Player

Exp:

From Dan Rather on Facebook:

Quote:
The real Donald Trump has stood up... again.

There will be no pivot. There never was going to be.

There will be no becoming presidential. There never was going to be.

There will be no humility. No decorum. No sense of justice or empathy. There never was going to be.

We are far past the time for excuses, for anyone.

In one of the most surreal and depressing presidential press conferences ever, Mr. Trump said what most people dreaded but already knew. His blatant false equivalence between Nazis and those who oppose them that he said on Saturday, that's how he really feels - times a thousand.

With any other president this would be unbelievable. But with Mr. Trump it is all too believable. It is clear that he doesn't consider himself to be the President of the United States of America - no matter what his official job title says. Down where he lives he is the president of his base, which includes a lot of bigots and even Nazis and members of the Klan.

Not everyone who voted for him is in this category, not nearly. But they make up a large majority of his personal base. And thankfully for all of us, this is a distinct (but frightening) minority of our nation. The vast majority of Americans are decent people of conscience. And I believe in the end this vast majority will prevail.

The question is whether those who defend the President, or seeks to normalize him or change the subject, will be seen as worse than enablers. Will they be viewed by history as sympathizers to the worst instincts of American hatred?
The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to direwolf For This Useful Post:
Old 08-15-2017, 09:07 PM   #8030
oldschoolcalgary
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Senator Clay Davis View Post
Lol at his staff now outing him as a racist

https://www.nytimes.com/2017/08/15/u...ionalists.html
the sad thing about that story is that it implies that they knew he was a racist in private...

the outrage shouldn't be the fact that he's publicly stated it; the outrage is that that he's been saying behind the doors of the Oval office and his senior staff UNDOUBTEDLY know this.

That's what's truly outrageous.

I don't know how Jivanka can possibly think this is OK? I mean they were chanting "Jews will not replace us" in Charlottesville...

it's mindboggling?!
Old 08-15-2017, 09:21 PM   #8031
Senator Clay Davis
Franchise Player

Exp:

Is this the definitive FOX News screencap?

Old 08-15-2017, 09:23 PM   #8032
JFK
Lifetime Suspension

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by DuffMan View Post
6 executives now have quit his manufacturing council since Saturday.
It's unbelievable he still thinks everything is ok and everyone loves him.
Spoiler!

Wonder what the reason he only commented angrily on one is.
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to JFK For This Useful Post:
Old 08-15-2017, 09:23 PM   #8033
Lanny_McDonald
Franchise Player

Exp:

The truth eventually comes out. Sigh.

https://twitter.com/Castantine/statu...52711212748805
The Following User Says Thank You to Lanny_McDonald For This Useful Post:
Old 08-15-2017, 09:26 PM   #8034
mrdonkey
Franchise Player

Exp:
Default American Politics Thread: Orange is the new POTUS

You're telling me the guy behind the Mexico wall and the repeated attempts at a Muslim ban might actually be racist?

Of course he's saying all kinds of crazy **** behind closed doors. He's an unhinged old man who was born and raised in an environment whiter than milk. This should come as a shock to no one.
Old 08-15-2017, 09:30 PM   #8035
photon
The new goggles also do nothing.

Exp:

Obama's tweet becomes the most liked tweet of all time.

The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to photon For This Useful Post:
Old 08-15-2017, 09:32 PM   #8036
nik-
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by oldschoolcalgary View Post
the sad thing about that story is that it implies that they knew he was a racist in private...

the outrage shouldn't be the fact that he's publicly stated it; the outrage is that that he's been saying behind the doors of the Oval office and his senior staff UNDOUBTEDLY know this.

That's what's truly outrageous.

I don't know how Jivanka can possibly think this is OK? I mean they were chanting "Jews will not replace us" in Charlottesville...

it's mindboggling?!
uhh, because they don't give a ####? This is all about them making more money.
Old 08-15-2017, 09:33 PM   #8037
DuffMan
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Senator Clay Davis View Post
Is this the definitive FOX News screencap?
Wonder what his point was.
Old 08-15-2017, 09:33 PM   #8038
transplant99
Fearmongerer

Location: Wondering when # became hashtag and not a number sign.
Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by New Era View Post
The truth eventually comes out. Sigh.

https://twitter.com/Castantine/statu...52711212748805
Im curious what you mean.

Doesnt every single politician in this day and age have a digital campaign? I really dont know, but assumed this was standard operating procedure?
Old 08-15-2017, 09:35 PM   #8039
calgarybornnraised
Powerplay Quarterback

Exp:

What pisses me off the most about this is I had a Grandfather and Great Uncles that fought in WW2, to stop the "Nazis",and he just shrugs this off as both sides being bad,like WTF?

Has he even mentioned Heather's name or the Police Officers?

Last edited by calgarybornnraised; 08-15-2017 at 10:02 PM.
Old 08-15-2017, 09:36 PM   #8040
DuffMan
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by photon View Post
Obama's tweet becomes the most liked tweet of all time.
I went on twitter to like, not super versed in the Twitter, but it looks like #impeachtrump is quite popular.

Tags
america first=loss , healthcare=loss , so much winning... , thats damn good covfefe , there will be tweetstorms