Calgarypuck Forums - The Unofficial Calgary Flames Fan Community

Go Back   Calgarypuck Forums - The Unofficial Calgary Flames Fan Community > Main Forums > The Off Topic Forum > Food and Entertainment
Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 12-30-2018, 09:49 PM   #781
Strange Brew
Franchise Player

Exp:

So Nadal, I had Aquaman’s domestic BO at $240 and IIRC you said $350. It will certainly drop off a cliff after holidays I suppose but at $188 to date, you’d think $300 is in the bag at least.

Not sure it makes $1 billion worldwide though.
Strange Brew is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-31-2018, 12:03 AM   #782
Mr.Coffee
damn onions

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cecil Terwilliger View Post
Oh Jesus I forgot DoFP. It might be my highest rated xmen movie.

The Wolverine was so close, yet so far. First hour was mostly brilliant. Last 30 mins made me want to blow my brains out.

It sucks when they make awful comic book movies. It’s worse when they spoil the best source material when they absolutely #### on it and completely bastardize it. That movie had so much potential. Could have been a top 5 superhero movie.
That’s a fair list. No Dark Knight Rises at all eh? Fair- it was okay I guess but still a solid movie I thought.

Also you’re missing the new Spider-Man- which I’ll rant on in a follow up post here... it would be above Black Panther on your list there.
Mr.Coffee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-31-2018, 12:07 AM   #783
Mr.Coffee
damn onions

Exp:

How in the blue #### is Into the Spiderverse not getting more love in here?!?

I presume it’s just people haven’t seen it and I’ll follow up presume that’s because it’s a cartoon vs. “Real person” movie.

If you like movies, and good ones. And you like superheroes. And good ones. And you don’t want to waste money risking watching a dud like Aquaman, which you might.

Go watch into the Spiderverse. It’s unreal. Can’t believe the non-love it’s getting in here. This movie is so damn good. Better than Ragnarok 10/10 times said everyone with a pulse.

Into the Spiderverse is the Patrice Bergeron of comic book movies.
Mr.Coffee is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to Mr.Coffee For This Useful Post:
Old 12-31-2018, 01:30 AM   #784
calgarybornnraised
Powerplay Quarterback

Exp:

Just finished watching Infinity War again and noticed when Tony asks Dr.Strange why he gave Thanos the time stone the Dr. Says "we're in the endgame now". Fitting.
calgarybornnraised is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-31-2018, 01:40 AM   #785
Otto-matic
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr.Coffee View Post

I presume it’s just people haven’t seen it and I’ll follow up presume that’s because it’s a cartoon vs. “Real person” movie.

If you like movies, and good ones. And you like superheroes. And good ones. And you don’t want to waste money risking watching a dud like Aquaman, which you might.

Go watch into the Spiderverse. It’s unreal. Can’t believe the non-love it’s getting in here. This movie is so damn good. Better than Ragnarok 10/10 times said everyone with a pulse.

Soundtrack was amazing to boot,

Loved the art direction the movie had. Amazing movie and probably one of my favorite movies from the past couple years.
Otto-matic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-31-2018, 07:29 AM   #786
Nadal Fan
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Strange Brew View Post
So Nadal, I had Aquaman’s domestic BO at $240 and IIRC you said $350. It will certainly drop off a cliff after holidays I suppose but at $188 to date, you’d think $300 is in the bag at least.

Not sure it makes $1 billion worldwide though.
I think it will do alright in North America until Glass comes out in what 2-3 weeks? I don't know if it will get to $350 in North America but I'm like 95% certain it gets to $1 billion. It's at $750 now, and they are saying it will make another $25 in China, say it gets to $315 in North American thats $150 total. Still has to open in Japan and Italy so that's probably another $25-30 so were at $180. I'm sure it can hit at least $70 from the rest of the world.
Nadal Fan is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Nadal Fan For This Useful Post:
Old 12-31-2018, 08:51 AM   #787
Rhettzky
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:

It was really amazing! I'm a huge spidey fan and was sitting in the theatre with my kids and had a huge grin on my face through the whole movie. It had a great plot, lots of twists and turns, and did all the little things right.

The soundtrack and score were great, and the art and visuals were outstanding. It's tough to explain but there was times when I couldn't understand how I was seeing what I was. We saw it in 3D which was great but I was bummed that we missed seeing it in imax as it must have been fantastic.

I wanted to watch it again immediately after we left the theatre. They knocked this one out of the park, such a great flick!
Old 12-31-2018, 09:10 AM   #788
Locke
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:

Like I really need another Spiderman movie to disapprove of...

This Post Has Been Distilled for the Eradication of Seemingly Incurable Sadness.

If you are flammable and have legs, you are never blocking a Fire Exit. - Mitch Hedberg
Locke is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-31-2018, 09:14 AM   #789
Barnet Flame
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:

One of the cleverest and most enjoyable movies of 2018. I never would have gone to see it in a million years if I hadn’t had a movie pass. All because I thought it couldn’t be any good because it was animated.

I had a couple of hours to kill, it was on, so I went, thinking if it wasn’t any good, I could leave and not be out of pocket.

I couldn’t have been more wrong. I loved this movie.
Barnet Flame is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-31-2018, 01:36 PM   #790
photon
The new goggles also do nothing.

Exp:

Into the Spiderverse making $200M international vs what, $750M international for Aquaman is a travesty.
The Following User Says Thank You to photon For This Useful Post:
Old 12-31-2018, 01:59 PM   #791
GreenLantern
One of the Nine

Exp:

Into the Spiderverse looks awesome, but I'll wait for Netflix. Just to many choices now for the theater, have to be more selective.
Old 12-31-2018, 02:21 PM   #792
Nadal Fan
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by photon View Post
Into the Spiderverse making $200M international vs what, $750M international for Aquaman is a travesty.
Don't let it bother you, Spiderverse will make enough for a sequel and a spinoff to keep the franchise going. It was a great film, but the marketing for it was bad, Aquaman's marketing was some of the best we've seen, opening in China first to build buzz and then really pumping it as the event film to see in theatres helped it get to $800M by end of today.
Old 12-31-2018, 02:56 PM   #793
OutOfTheCube
Franchise Player

Exp:

Spider-Verse had a $90 million production budget and reserved marketing campaign too, I imagine it's already made a fair amount of money for them and will have another couple good weekends.
OutOfTheCube is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-31-2018, 03:40 PM   #794
photon
The new goggles also do nothing.

Exp:

I know it's making money, I just like to see skill and creativity highly rewarded so we can see more high quality stuff.
Old 12-31-2018, 06:19 PM   #795
Coach
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by GreenLantern View Post
Into the Spiderverse looks awesome, but I'll wait for Netflix. Just to many choices now for the theater, have to be more selective.
Honestly you should see it in the theatre. It’s an immersive experience.
Old 12-31-2018, 11:32 PM   #796
Nadal Fan
Franchise Player

Exp:

https://nypost.com/2018/12/31/dont-g...fice-earnings/

So salty

Happy New year to you all! May 2019 continue to give us great superhero movies!
Old 12-31-2018, 11:36 PM   #797
GGG
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nadal Fan View Post
I think it will do alright in North America until Glass comes out in what 2-3 weeks? I don't know if it will get to $350 in North America but I'm like 95% certain it gets to $1 billion. It's at $750 now, and they are saying it will make another $25 in China, say it gets to $315 in North American thats $150 total. Still has to open in Japan and Italy so that's probably another $25-30 so were at $180. I'm sure it can hit at least $70 from the rest of the world.
This week before kids go back to school will tell the tale domestically if it can cross 300.. It’s going to beat BvS by quite a bit. I significantly underestimated the international box office when I said it would be tight.
GGG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-31-2018, 11:39 PM   #798
OutOfTheCube
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nadal Fan View Post
https://nypost.com/2018/12/31/dont-g...fice-earnings/

So salty

Happy New year to you all! May 2019 continue to give us great superhero movies!
That is salt.

A billion dollar for ####ing AQUAMAN is an outrageous success. That would’ve been like Ant-Man making a billion for Marvel.
OutOfTheCube is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2019, 09:41 AM   #799
KTrain
ALL ABOARD!

Exp:

Took the kids to Spiderverse yesterday. Good lord it's a great movie. The animation was incredible. The story and characters were amazing. It has to win all the awards for animated feature this year.
KTrain is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to KTrain For This Useful Post:
Old 01-03-2019, 10:13 AM   #800
Locke
Franchise Player

Exp:

I gotta tell you guys, when I eventually see this movie I'll be going in expecting the greatest thing since electricity and if isnt that good I'm going to be really disappointed.

Like....'throwing a brick through Sam Raimi's front window with a passive aggressive note' disappointed.

And yes, I know he had nothing to do with this particular Spiderman film. Still though...

This Post Has Been Distilled for the Eradication of Seemingly Incurable Sadness.

If you are flammable and have legs, you are never blocking a Fire Exit. - Mitch Hedberg
Locke is offline   Reply With Quote