Calgarypuck Forums - The Unofficial Calgary Flames Fan Community

Go Back   Calgarypuck Forums - The Unofficial Calgary Flames Fan Community > Main Forums > The Off Topic Forum > Food and Entertainment
Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 08-25-2021, 09:56 PM   #61
mikephoen
#1 Goaltender

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cecil Terwilliger View Post
That was a great comp idea that I don’t think I’ve seen before. I’ve never liked it that BB recycles comps so often. It was great to see a fresh idea.

Otherwise I yawned a lot. I hope Tiff wins because she’s the only member of the CO with a personality. The rest of CO is such a bore.
In addition to Tiffany, I think Hannah and X are better than average BB contestants. The other three are pretty boring/unlikeable.
mikephoen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-25-2021, 10:12 PM   #62
Cecil Terwilliger
That Crazy Guy at the Bus Stop

Exp:

Hannah and X seem alright but they’re super boring too IMO. They seem nice and all, they just don’t have a lot of good gameplay.

This season has so little competition or animosity. It’s like BB finally recruited a cast that is normal and woke but in doing so also cast people that are way too passive. They’d rather lose than start an argument because they’re so preoccupied with protecting their social media presence. I guess this is what happens when you film people 24/7 for 3 months under the threat of, hate to say it, cancel culture. These people know 1 slip up and their careers are over. So they’d rather do nothing than risk being ruined for doing anything.

Reddit had another good suggestion the other day. Instead of people complaining casting needs to include more fans contestants, what we really need are 16 recruits. People who have zero familiarity with BB comps, alliances and older seasons. Maybe show them a few episodes of Dan or something. Then hopefully we’d get people who try a new style instead of copying this whole massive steamroll alliances and don’t make waves strategy that has been the standard since BB 16.

Last edited by Cecil Terwilliger; 08-25-2021 at 10:16 PM.
Cecil Terwilliger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-25-2021, 11:00 PM   #63
mile
Franchise Player

Exp:

Derek X's fate already sealed after the Veto player draw, feels bad man. It's gonna be fun watching SB realize that she was played, the same way Britney got played by the Brigade.

I hope Tiffany or Xavier make it out of the inevitable Cookout civil war.

I think Derrick may have broke the game when he won, the game needs a major overhaul to encourage more chaos. And I wish there were more players like Dr. Will who sought to be entertaining and played the game with no fear.

Also just realized that Xavier put himself on the block next week, gave up all his BB bucks, and put himself in solitary confinement to get off the block this week... even though he already had the numbers to stay. That's a horrible trade off.

Last edited by mile; 08-26-2021 at 12:02 AM.
mile is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2021, 08:59 AM   #64
Calgary14
First Line Centre

Exp:

Too bad DX both didnt use his BB bucks and didnt get picked to play in the veto. Creative editing showing a potential flip but I think the plan all along was a DX backdoor.

Now that DX is gone it's basically cookout til the end before they have to turn on each other. If the other cookout members were smart they'd target X - he is miles above their gameplay. If they don't target him he will easily coast to the end
Calgary14 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2021, 05:08 PM   #65
Calgary14
First Line Centre

Exp:

Are there any battle backs this season?
Old 08-26-2021, 09:41 PM   #66
Cecil Terwilliger

Exp:

Pretty sure there is not due to covid protocols.
Old 08-26-2021, 09:57 PM   #67
mile
Franchise Player

Exp:

I'm really glad Tiffany won HoH but it might be terrible timing with the coup d'état potentially in play. Hoping that Sarah Beth or a Cookout member goes this week.

I think Kyland voted to keep Derek X to get his jury vote, or so he could blame the vote on Tiffany.
Old 08-27-2021, 08:19 AM   #68
Calgary14
First Line Centre

Exp:

Well that was predictable despite the editing they tried to hint at a potential flip.

SB needs to go

Isn't there a triple eviction this season?
The Following User Says Thank You to Calgary14 For This Useful Post:
Old 08-27-2021, 08:22 AM   #69
Jiggy
Powerplay Quarterback

Exp:

The editing to make it seem like there will be a flip happens every week. It's pretty comical. Tiffany annoys me, prior to winning the HOH she talked a big game and never backed it up.
Jiggy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2021, 12:31 PM   #70
indes
First Line Centre

Exp:

Like I said earlier, I'm disappointed that no one voted "against the house" so they never discovered the alliance.

Very boring with the cookout running away with it. I can't wait for the rest of the players to see how hard they got played by the cookout.
indes is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2021, 05:49 PM   #71
Cecil Terwilliger

Exp:

They pronounced them jifs instead of gifs?

This just went from kinda boring to pure hatred.
The Following User Says Thank You to Cecil Terwilliger For This Useful Post:
Old 08-28-2021, 10:22 AM   #72
GoinAllTheWay
Franchise Player

Exp:

Especially coming from someone who knew what an NFT was and then drops the jif bomb.

I was hoping someone would says "it's gif, not jif" over the intercom.
GoinAllTheWay is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-28-2021, 04:36 PM   #73
metallicat
Franchise Player

Exp:

I say jif. And I also cannot stand Tiffany. Or Derek F. Or Azha. This season is low on people I actually like. Derek X was probably my favorite.
Old 08-28-2021, 05:11 PM   #74
Cecil Terwilliger

Exp:

This is one of the most pressing issues moving forward as a species. The pronunciation of gif. I am firmly in the gif camp.
The Following User Says Thank You to Cecil Terwilliger For This Useful Post:
Old 08-29-2021, 10:17 PM   #75
mikephoen
#1 Goaltender

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cecil Terwilliger View Post
This is one of the most pressing issues moving forward as a species. The pronunciation of gif. I am firmly in the gif camp.
Agreed. I’d vote someone out based only on mispronouncing it jif.
mikephoen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2021, 12:24 AM   #76
mile
Franchise Player

Exp:

That slow-motion of the coin toss was hilarious.
Old 08-30-2021, 07:53 AM   #77
metallicat
Franchise Player

Exp:

The amount of crying this season seems to be off the charts. That should be question #1 to applicants - are you a big baby that won't realize this is just a game and will you cry constantly? If it's anything other than a hard no, then you're cut.
Old 08-30-2021, 08:58 AM   #78
Calgary14
First Line Centre

Exp:

SB is totally clueless but to her credit the cookout is pretty well hidden, none of the members have told any outsiders and they all have side duos which makes it even more hidden.

SB will go, then Alyssa/Claire, then cookout will start to turn on each other
Old 08-30-2021, 09:17 AM   #79
Cecil Terwilliger

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Calgary14 View Post
SB is totally clueless but to her credit the cookout is pretty well hidden, none of the members have told any outsiders and they all have side duos which makes it even more hidden.

SB will go, then Alyssa/Claire, then cookout will start to turn on each other
The HGs also know better than to say anything about all the black people working together. It took them too long to figure out the CO exists and now that they know, not only is it too late, but there is zero benefit to outing the CO. All it'll do is embroil them in controversy and no one wants that.

This season isn't very interesting from a gameplay perspective but is a really neat microcosm of race relations in the US.
Old 08-30-2021, 09:18 AM   #80
Cecil Terwilliger

Exp:

Also if the F2 were Claire and Azah, Azah would win in a landslide. Let's hope it doesn't come to that.