Calgarypuck Forums - The Unofficial Calgary Flames Fan Community

Go Back   Calgarypuck Forums - The Unofficial Calgary Flames Fan Community > Main Forums > The Off Topic Forum > Food and Entertainment
Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 04-24-2020, 03:48 PM   #61
CaptainCrunch
Norm!

Exp:

woah a friend of mine pointed this out, and it does

Spoiler!

Look on my Works, ye Mighty, and despair!
CaptainCrunch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2020, 09:26 PM   #62
1qqaaz
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by CaptainCrunch View Post
Jesus Christ, that was one of the best episodes of Clone Wars ever made, not only that but it rivals some of the best moments in the Star Wars galaxy far far away.

From amazing animation, to amazing fight scenes, to unbelievable music and sounds, this episode sucks you in, punches you in the gut, gives you a wedgie and sends you into impatiently waiting for next week.

Now before I go into spoilers, I will also state that this episode, summed up everything in the prequels and gave us all a strong understanding of exactly why the republic and the jedi fell, and it's become clear that it was all at the feet of the Jedi.

I will also state that previously my favorite light sabre fight scene was Skywalker and Vader in ROTH with the duel of the fates sound track. That's been replaced by Ahsoka versus Maul in this episode. It showed two powerful force users at their height fighting a beautiful fast duel.

Anyways onto the spoilers

Spoiler!
Agree, this episode was some of the best Star Wars content ever. Maybe the best outside of the original trilogy. Maybe even including the original trilogy.
1qqaaz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2020, 09:58 PM   #63
LanceUppercut
Scoring Winger

Exp:

Give Filoni the keys to the Star Wars universe like Kevin Feige was for Marvel.

These 2 episodes have been absolutely spectacular.

Uh... Lance Uppercut.
LanceUppercut is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to LanceUppercut For This Useful Post:
Old 04-25-2020, 12:04 AM   #64
bc-chris
Franchise Player

Exp:

that was AMAZING!!!

i can't wait for all 4 episodes to be out and watch them back to back
Old 04-25-2020, 12:35 PM   #65
dammage79
Franchise Player

Exp:

Well it was amazing, we know ashoka doesnt see Darth Vader until their meeting in collapsing sith shrine, we know Mauls end so I wonder if ashoka frees maul amidst the chaos of order 66. Or do the clones try to 66 her as well and she escapes?

Yeah, these last two episodes have been a really meaty addition to the lore, carefully crafted and great care was taken painting this picture of the in between times.

Cant wait to see the end.
dammage79 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2020, 12:51 PM   #66
CaptainCrunch
Norm!

Exp:

I think that there are questions that you bought up that are great

Spoiler!

The Following User Says Thank You to CaptainCrunch For This Useful Post:
Old 04-25-2020, 05:34 PM   #67
Coach
Franchise Player

Exp:

I’ll say again this is how episode 2 and 3 should have been. Just outstanding work all the way around.

As noted I was kinda down on the season early, what a phenomenal turned around. This is the best Star Wars since the OT. By far.

To CC re: Ashoka and Anakin
Spoiler!

Last edited by Coach; 04-25-2020 at 05:37 PM.
Coach is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2020, 05:44 PM   #68
CaptainCrunch
Norm!

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Coach View Post
I’ll say again this is how episode 2 and 3 should have been. Just outstanding work all the way around.

As noted I was kinda down on the season early, what a phenomenal turned around. This is the best Star Wars since the OT. By far.

To CC re: Ashoka and Anakin
Spoiler!

I thought about that

Spoiler!

Old 04-25-2020, 05:47 PM   #69
Coach
Franchise Player

Exp:

Agreed. It’s really too bad that Ashokas character didn’t have presence in the prequel movies. She could have been such a great thing trying to hold him to the light. I guess they tried that with Padme and it was just so so bad that it never held much weight.
Old 04-25-2020, 06:14 PM   #70
CaptainCrunch
Norm!

Exp:

I actually liked how the Clone wars timing worked out with Ashoka not being a prescience. I mean the Anakin in ATOC was immature and impulsive, then he gets Ashoka as a learner, matures, but then crap goes wrong, the Council basically does a terrible job with her, and that and other factors made Skywalker not only more disgruntled, but he had no one there to balance him, as Obi-Wan didn't do a great job of it when he told Skywalker to spy on a friend and a mentor and a father figure.

Old 04-25-2020, 06:22 PM   #71
Coach
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by CaptainCrunch View Post
I actually liked how the Clone wars timing worked out with Ashoka not being a prescience. I mean the Anakin in ATOC was immature and impulsive, then he gets Ashoka as a learner, matures, but then crap goes wrong, the Council basically does a terrible job with her, and that and other factors made Skywalker not only more disgruntled, but he had no one there to balance him, as Obi-Wan didn't do a great job of it when he told Skywalker to spy on a friend and a mentor and a father figure.
Yeah I agree. I guess the real gripe as I mentioned is the poorly developed love story in the movies.

Either way I’m glad we’re getting this now after the IMO downer that was the new movie series. I never clued into the garbage of the prequels when I first saw them because i was a kid. Then it was awesome to have Star Wars, and the space battles/lightsaber fights were awesome. But even as an adult i feel the overall story is more interesting that what we’ve seen more recently. Nice to finally see the good story blending with the updated effects to add to the story pace.

That Maul/Ashoka duel might rival the best of the series.
Old 04-25-2020, 06:33 PM   #72
CaptainCrunch
Norm!

Exp:

I'm still of the mindset that the prequels had some great story elements to it and strong moments. I still enjoyed Revenge of the Sith, though it should have been split into two movies because there was so much Anakin Palpatine stuff that was missing.

I loved Palpatine in the prequels and the thought of one man playing a war on two sides and leading a centuries old order of Force sensitives to put their heads on the chopping block. I thought Ewan was outstanding through the whole prequel as well.

I still loved the space battle at the start of ROTS.

Yeah there were some really bad choices in the prequels. But I don't know right now the OT was king, the prequel trilogy on the whole was better then the prequels who will be looked upon as a massive disappointment and just a really poor story with poor execution.

Old 04-25-2020, 07:40 PM   #73
Coach
Franchise Player

Exp:

The story is epic no doubt. It suffers from poor dialogue and character development, I think as a result of a lack of critique before release (IMO).

The OT is really enhanced by the performances and everyone editing Lucas along and the three leads developed great chemistry together. In the prequels everyone is fine to great in their performance, but it’s missing all this character chemistry that is just spoken about. O i Wan is stifling Anakin? Where? I think this is lacking in Clone Wars too. They don’t build enough animosity between them. The Chancellor and Anakin are great friends? Where? When? They just say it and it’s a thing. Anakin and Padme are in love? If you say so, certainly doesn’t look or feel like it.

You feel the tension between Ford and Fischer (because it was really there). Although their first kiss is sort of icky now IMO. You feel everyone’s sort of annoyance with Luke as this bright eyed optimist, because Hamill was that. The character strength has just never returned. McGregor is fantastic no question. Can’t wait for the Obi Wan series. I’d really like to see Windu return too. Sam Jackson obviously loves it and wants to come back, why the hell not? If Maul can get cut in half surely Windu can survive a lost hand and long fall.

Anyways. Star Wars good.

Last edited by Coach; 04-25-2020 at 07:42 PM.
Coach is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2020, 09:54 PM   #74
CaptainCrunch
Norm!

Exp:

I'd like to see a comedy series where Sidious has this jar of strawberry jam like goop on a shelf in his office and it talks with Mace's voice and only Sidious can hear it.

You know just for fun, because I love the portrayal of Palpatine in Lego and Robot Chicken who just doesn't care about being kindly like he was before he became emperor.

Old 04-26-2020, 01:09 AM   #75
CaptainCrunch
Norm!

Exp:

I think that I'm going to have to go back and watch the Fives arc with the biochips.

If I remember right, fives, at the end of it got a meeting with Palpatine, Fives was already mentally degraded due to drugs injected into him secretly by the Kaminoan doctor on the trip to Corsucant. When he got there, he got a meeting with the Chanceller, and Palpatine told him about the chips and their uses.

Fives then escaped and met up with Skywalker and Rex, and tried to explain it but it came off with Ramblings and craziness and incoherent. Skywalker accused fives of trying to assassinate the Chanceller, then fives was killed. Rex and Skywalker didn't believe him.

Now Maul explained the plan to Jessie, so I'm assuming that to bring things together Jessie's going to tell Rex and the pieces are going to fall into place about the chips in the Clone's heads.

Old 04-26-2020, 01:14 AM   #76
CaptainCrunch
Norm!

Exp:

The drugging and Fives confrontation with Palpatine

Old 04-27-2020, 10:48 AM   #77
CaptainCrunch
Norm!

Exp:

So one of the sound guys on Twitter did confirm the Sidious scream at the start of the Maul Ashoka fight.

So the timing was really right for the end game. Kenobi had engaged Grievous, Palpatine had engaged Mace and the other Jedi.

I know I'm making large leaps here, but the timing works, and I just have a feeling that at the end of the episode Anakin had fallen and that's why Maul was screaming that they were all going to die. He knew, his plans to stop Sidious had failed.

I think its almost too late for Rex to put the pieces together on the chip before Order 66 is transmitted, whether he can resist it, or if he does turn on Ashoka and Maul saves her is a question that I have.

Old 04-28-2020, 09:28 AM   #78
CaptainCrunch
Norm!

Exp:

https://twitter.com/user/status/1255124035274342401

Old 04-28-2020, 09:29 AM   #79
CaptainCrunch
Norm!

Exp:

Just a question, there was a really good other video on the backstage of the duel, but once again the swear filter on Calgarypuck replaces text with the pound signs. Is there anyway to get around that, because its kind of pesky.

Last edited by CaptainCrunch; 04-28-2020 at 10:56 AM.
Old 04-28-2020, 10:39 AM   #80
CaptainCrunch
Norm!

Exp:

Ow my heart

Kinda feels weird, the bridge of the Venator looks like a Star Destroyer bridge, and we know that Order 66 is coming and Ashoka is stuck in the worst place possible. I ship full of clones.