Calgarypuck Forums - The Unofficial Calgary Flames Fan Community

Go Back   Calgarypuck Forums - The Unofficial Calgary Flames Fan Community > Main Forums > The Off Topic Forum > Food and Entertainment
Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 12-18-2015, 11:20 AM   #61
rubecube
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by peter12 View Post
I personally don't really care for any of the X-men movies.
Thanks for stopping by?
rubecube is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to rubecube For This Useful Post:
Old 12-18-2015, 11:59 AM   #62
Locke
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by blankall View Post
They may still change that. They re-dubbed all Bane's lines following poor reception from the trailer. They've already altered Apocalypse's face.
Thats exactly what I was thinking.

This Post Has Been Distilled for the Eradication of Seemingly Incurable Sadness.

If you are flammable and have legs, you are never blocking a Fire Exit. - Mitch Hedberg
Locke is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-18-2015, 12:59 PM   #63
KTrain
ALL ABOARD!

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by GreenLantern View Post
Of course it does, the 90's X-Men cartoon is the best comic book TV series ever bar none.
Batman: The Animated Series disagrees.

And I love the 90s X-men series.
KTrain is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to KTrain For This Useful Post:
Old 12-18-2015, 01:01 PM   #64
Locke
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by KTrain View Post

Oooh...good point.

This Post Has Been Distilled for the Eradication of Seemingly Incurable Sadness.

If you are flammable and have legs, you are never blocking a Fire Exit. - Mitch Hedberg
Locke is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-18-2015, 02:11 PM   #65
Teh_Bandwagoner
First Line Centre

Exp:

Quote:

Same creator as that X-Men trailer BTW :P
Old 12-18-2015, 05:45 PM   #66
Sr. Mints
First Line Centre

Exp:

Quote:

Green Lantern: TAS vies hard for that distinction, but I have to go with BTAS.
Sr. Mints is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-19-2015, 03:50 PM   #67
killer_carlson
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Of course it does, the 90's X-Men cartoon is the best comic book TV series ever bar none.
Is that the one where Wolverine had an australian accent?
Old 03-08-2016, 12:53 PM   #68
Finger Cookin
Franchise Player

Exp:

New poster. Release date is about 11 weeks away.

Finger Cookin is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Finger Cookin For This Useful Post:
Old 03-08-2016, 08:28 PM   #69
ma-skis.com
Scoring Winger

Exp:

hmm... I wonder if that's speculation on the four horsemen

edit: just saw the trailer, clearly those are the four horsemen.

Last edited by ma-skis.com; 03-08-2016 at 08:32 PM.
ma-skis.com is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2016, 08:40 PM   #70
Finger Cookin
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
NSFW!
Old 03-17-2016, 11:16 AM   #71
Finger Cookin
Franchise Player

Exp:

Full trailer

I'm a little underwhelmed after seeing this compared to how excited I was after the teaser. I can't quite put my finger on exactly why that is. Still looking forward to this though.
Old 03-17-2016, 11:25 AM   #72
GreenLantern
One of the Nine

Exp:

Hrmm.. still not sure about this one. I am sure it will be good, but it has a lot to live up to with DOFP.

Not in love with the fact that Mystique seems to be leading the X-Men. Maybe some canon pros can clarify this for me, but did that ever actually happen or are they just playing to the actor fame?
Old 03-17-2016, 11:29 AM   #73
Finger Cookin
Franchise Player

Exp:

Mystique has always been powered up and given more of the spotlight in the movies compared to the comics, right from the very first movie. Singer likes Mystique and likes featuring Mystique in his movies, for whatever reason. Certainly Lawrence's fame and box office appeal has something to do with it in the last two movies.
The Following User Says Thank You to Finger Cookin For This Useful Post:
Old 03-17-2016, 11:29 AM   #74
Cecil Terwilliger
That Crazy Guy at the Bus Stop

Exp:

Quote:
Hrmm.. still not sure about this one. I am sure it will be good, but it has a lot to live up to with DOFP.

Not in love with the fact that Mystique seems to be leading the X-Men. Maybe some canon pros can clarify this for me, but did that ever actually happen or are they just playing to the actor fame?
lol well with the x-men having the most convoluted and confusing history in comics, and that's really saying something considering DC used have a friggin multiverse, I'm sure they could make pretty much any scenario work.

I don't recall her specifically leading the x-men but she's been one of those on and off again good guys (or gals in this case). She's been a frequent member of the side teams like X-Factor.
Cecil Terwilliger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2016, 11:31 AM   #75
GreenLantern
One of the Nine

Exp:

Right and I was ok with that before they were actually the X-Men, but to have her stand there and be the one to tell them You are X-Men now!!! Just seems out of place to me.

But again, I don't know as much about the canon as others so maybe I am the one out of place. Looks like Professor X gets taken out at some point and they are on their own so I guess someone has to say it. Maybe it is that seemingly mental battle where Apoc is pinning him to the ground.

I think Sophie Turner will be a great Jean Grey and I really enjoyed Quicksilver from the last one glad he is back. Also, Fassbender. /thread
Old 03-17-2016, 11:36 AM   #76
Finger Cookin
Franchise Player

Exp:

Empire magazine covers for the movie. One to be revealed.

http://www.empireonline.com/movies/f...vers-revealed/
Old 03-17-2016, 11:53 AM   #77
blankall
Ate 100 Treadmills

Exp:

Quote:
Right and I was ok with that before they were actually the X-Men, but to have her stand there and be the one to tell them You are X-Men now!!! Just seems out of place to me.

But again, I don't know as much about the canon as others so maybe I am the one out of place. Looks like Professor X gets taken out at some point and they are on their own so I guess someone has to say it. Maybe it is that seemingly mental battle where Apoc is pinning him to the ground.

I think Sophie Turner will be a great Jean Grey and I really enjoyed Quicksilver from the last one glad he is back. Also, Fassbender. /thread
The movie character is entirely different. The comic character is over a 100 years old. No she never had a leadership role in the x-men. She was allowed into various groups at points but usually never fully trusted.

The DOFP movie really wrote its own cannon. As far as the movies go, she's a great character, because she adds an espionage angle vs. the blunt force of other powers. It's also an excuse to have hot actresses in body paint.'

Also, I don't find x-men canon any more complicated that other canon. It's actually stayed pretty consistent compared to other comics which use multiverses, clones, or just blatant re-writes.
blankall is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to blankall For This Useful Post:
Old 03-17-2016, 12:09 PM   #78
Luder
Powerplay Quarterback

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by blankall View Post
The movie character is entirely different. The comic character is over a 100 years old. No she never had a leadership role in the x-men. She was allowed into various groups at points but usually never fully trusted.

The DOFP movie really wrote its own cannon. As far as the movies go, she's a great character, because she adds an espionage angle vs. the blunt force of other powers. It's also an excuse to have hot actresses in body paint.'

Also, I don't find x-men canon any more complicated that other canon. It's actually stayed pretty consistent compared to other comics which use multiverses, clones, or just blatant re-writes.
You hit the nail on the head with the "body paint" comment, I haven't read the comics in years, but I recall Mystique being Nightcrawler's mother, and adoptive mother to Rogue. She usually turned up fighting the X-Men as a part of the Evil Brotherhood, but I was only an avid reader(Uncanny X-Men) from issue 175ish to 300, so a lot may have changed.

Last edited by Luder; 03-17-2016 at 12:11 PM.
Luder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2016, 12:35 PM   #79
Blaster86
UnModerator

Exp:

I've never really cared about movies changing the status-quo within fandoms. I was one of the few Transformer fans that I interacted with that was excited for Bay's first film and didn't lose my #### at Optimus having flames.

When other mediums stray from the original source you can get some really good ideas. Hell, in some cases you see major changes that just make everything better. I don't like how fandoms immediately freak out and or worry when these changes are seen or announced. Whether I like them or not, you need to wait and see how they play out. Mystique in a leadership role in this movie could work out so well, that it becomes a thing in the source. It could also be a colossal failure and go over like a mein kampf reading at a bar mitzvah. Truthfully, I lean toward the latter but, we may get an explanation that makes it awesome or find out it is something as simple as Xavier mind controlling Mystique at this point in the movie.

THANK MR DEMKO
CPHL Ottawa Vancouver
Blaster86 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2016, 12:44 PM   #80
Coach
Franchise Player

Exp:

The only problem I have with Mystique as the leader is that Lawrence doesn't seem to be pulling that off particularly well at this point. I thought she was the weakest main actor in DOFP. Her scene with Magneto in the telephone booth left a lot to be desired, especially since they built her up as becoming "Mystique", I wanted more of a femme fatale vibe from her.

In these trailers, she just seems too meek to pull of the leader believably. "Some of us can't control our powers." "Then don't. This is war." Great line, poorly delivered IMO. A big thing about Mystique in the cartoon was her voice; it was deep, commanding, and intimidating.

A lot of times trailers take lines out of context or they are a different take in the final film though, So i reserve my judgment.

EDIT: From those Empire covers, it looks like Moira will be in battle. It'll be interesting to see how effective (if at all) she will be.

Last edited by Coach; 03-17-2016 at 12:48 PM.
Coach is offline   Reply With Quote