Calgarypuck Forums - The Unofficial Calgary Flames Fan Community

Go Back   Calgarypuck Forums - The Unofficial Calgary Flames Fan Community > Main Forums > Fire on Ice: The Calgary Flames Forum
Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 04-13-2024, 02:48 AM   #61
gvitaly
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by butterfly View Post
Hate to break it to you, but there’s nothing political about not wanting an LGBTphobe on your favorite hockey team. You’re allowed to disagree about taxes and health care while respecting others.
That's cute, make up a label for the guy. It's a political issue. A person doesn't have to show support in something he doesn't believe in. I don't mind you not liking the guy, but I don't get the "if you're not with us you're against us" attitude.

I think Kuzmenko is awesome! It was a great game and I hope he has many more in a Flames uniform. He's the perfect skilled player to have around a rebuild.
gvitaly is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to gvitaly For This Useful Post:
Old 04-13-2024, 03:32 AM   #62
Barnet Flame
Franchise Player

Exp:

Prior to the trades, our PP was aneamic, and a key factor that had us on the wrong side of the bubble. Kuzmenko’s impact on the effectiveness of our PP is one of the few things keeping my interest in the latter part of this season.

For that alone, I’d look at options to extend.
Barnet Flame is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Barnet Flame For This Useful Post:
Old 04-13-2024, 03:38 AM   #63
Bonded
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Barnet Flame View Post
Prior to the trades, our PP was aneamic, and a key factor that had us on the wrong side of the bubble. Kuzmenko’s impact on the effectiveness of our PP is one of the few things keeping my interest in the latter part of this season.

For that alone, I’d look at options to extend.
I’d still look to trade him next year. Pump and dump baby. Let the Flames recoup that Monahan blunder
Bonded is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Bonded For This Useful Post:
Old 04-13-2024, 03:40 AM   #64
Rhett44
Crash and Bang Winger

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bonded View Post
I’d still look to trade him next year. Pump and dump baby. Let the Flames recoup that Monahan blunder
Yes, best option is to trade Kuzmenko.

I like the player, but his age doesn't fit in with our contention window. He will be 35 or older by the time we are competitive again.

If we can get a 1st for him that would be amazing. Even a 2nd would be great.
Rhett44 is online now   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Rhett44 For This Useful Post:
Old 04-13-2024, 04:40 AM   #65
Cali Panthers Fan
Franchise Player

Exp:

Stupid sexy Kuzmenko...
Cali Panthers Fan is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Cali Panthers Fan For This Useful Post:
Old 04-13-2024, 05:46 AM   #66
Aarongavey
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jay Random View Post
Hate to break it to you, but it is most definitely a political issue. There are people who genuinely disagree with letting biological men play women's sports, and there are people who are genuinely horrified by surgically mutilating children who are too young to give informed consent. But according to people like you, anyone who takes those positions is an ‘LGBTphobe’ and deserves to be hated and lose his job.
I am just glad, as the father of a 10 year old girl, that once Pierre Pollievre is in power there will be someone at every washroom asking my daughter to strip to prove she does not have a penis before she enters the public washroom. I know it seem invasive but regular people don’t know the epidemic of washroom issues that are taking place.

Don’t even get me started on the number of men I know, regular jocks, who have decided to remove their penis to try to get better results in intramural sports at university. This is another issue that concerns all Canadians and it is happening far too often.

These are real issues that are really happening and we now have leaders who are taking action on them.
Aarongavey is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2024, 06:57 AM   #67
SuperMatt18
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Hate to break it to you, but there’s nothing political about not wanting an LGBTphobe on your favorite hockey team. You’re allowed to disagree about taxes and health care while respecting others.
Is he an LGBTphobe? Or is he a guy that grew up in a different culture, with a completely different upbringing for 27 years, who then was asked to show support for something he was told was bad for 27 years.

If you want people to grow and change then you have to understand and be accepting of their own upbringing and try to help them understand, not just immediately paint them as some despicable person.

As far as the win goes...the Flames are the worst team in the NHL over the last 12 games with a .250 point percentage. They are tanking admirably, but they aren't going to lose every game.

Last edited by SuperMatt18; 04-13-2024 at 07:00 AM.
SuperMatt18 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2024, 07:16 AM   #68
dieHARDflameZ
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Go wear your Kuzmenko jersey to Edmonton, block the Deerfoot trail with a truck, and tell Danielle Smith about it.
Oh god, here we go with this garbage again.
dieHARDflameZ is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to dieHARDflameZ For This Useful Post:
Old 04-13-2024, 07:45 AM   #69
Aarongavey
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by SuperMatt18 View Post
Is he an LGBTphobe? Or is he a guy that grew up in a different culture, with a completely different upbringing for 27 years, who then was asked to show support for something he was told was bad for 27 years.

If you want people to grow and change then you have to understand and be accepting of their own upbringing and try to help them understand, not just immediately paint them as some despicable person.

As far as the win goes...the Flames are the worst team in the NHL over the last 12 games with a .250 point percentage. They are tanking admirably, but they aren't going to lose every game.
The Flames are set up nicely to be real bad next year. One of the worst 3-6 dmen groups in the league (maybe the worst), limited top end skill up front. For the tank crowd the next two seasons should be the best of times.
Aarongavey is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2024, 08:26 AM   #70
D as in David
#1 Goaltender

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by combustiblefuel View Post
Except I'll be at the game in van first since 2013. It's also on my Birthday which is immensely rare .

It's the only game this year outside vs Oilers I actually care lol
My sympathies. Everyone I know has one annually.
D as in David is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to D as in David For This Useful Post:
FBI
Old 04-13-2024, 08:35 AM   #71
robertsfanatic
Powerplay Quarterback

Exp:

worst PGT ever after a win? definitely a contender.

Entertaining game, was hoping for a Wolf shutout but he still played well so i'll take it...also we should always cheer for wins in Anaheim - we're owed that much at least!
Old 04-13-2024, 09:12 AM   #72
Bingo
Owner

Exp:

Quote:
You’re delirious if you think Calgary Flames will ever be engraved on the Stanley Cup with “Andrei Kuzmenko” as a contributor.

But yeah, yay, let’s cheer for the Flames to get closer to 9th or 10th or 11th! Who wouldn’t want that? 16th overall next year must be the goal.
You're trying to get some late votes for most likeable poster of the year right?
Bingo is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Bingo For This Useful Post:
Old 04-13-2024, 09:47 AM   #73
CSharp
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Why are we assuming here that every other team loses all its remaining games?
It's a worst case scenario. Take a look at the other teams remaining schedule and in addition to teams that have tanked and will tank to get in position for the draft. Flames remaining games and the schedule for the month of April is easy compared to the other bottom dwellers.

Kraken final 4 games:
-------------------------
Stars (L), Blues (L), Jets (L), Wild (L)

Sabres final 2 games:
Panthers (L), Lightning (L)

NJD final 2 games:
Flyers (?), Islanders (L)

Coyotes final 2 games:
Flames (L), Oilers (L)

Senators final 3 games:
Canadiens (W), Rangers (L), Bruins (L)

Canadiens final 3 games:
Sens (L), Red Wings back to back (L + W)

Flames final 3 games:
Coyotes (W), Canucks (L), Sharks (W)

You can count on Canadiens losing at least 2 of the 3 just to keep their 5th position.
CSharp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2024, 09:53 AM   #74
GioforPM
Franchise Player

Exp:

Some of the PO teams that play the bottom teams will be resting key players. It’s pretty common for them to lose a game heading into the PO.
GioforPM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2024, 09:54 AM   #75
kyuss275
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by CSharp View Post
It's a worst case scenario. Take a look at the other teams remaining schedule and in addition to teams that have tanked and will tank to get in position for the draft. Flames remaining games and the schedule for the month of April is easy compared to the other bottom dwellers.

Kraken final 4 games:
Stars (L), Blues (L), Jets (L), Wild (L)

Sabres final 2 games:
Panthers (L), Lightning (L)

NJD final 2 games:
Flyers (?), Islanders (L)

Coyotes final 2 games:
Flames (L), Oilers (L)

Senators final 3 games:
Canadiens (W), Rangers (L), Bruins (L)

Canadiens final 3 games:
Sens (L), Red Wings back to back (L + W)

Flames final 3 games:
Coyotes (W), Canucks (L), Sharks (W)

You can count on Canadiens losing at least 2 of the 3 just to keep their 5th position.
Truthfully there are not enough games left in season to make a difference. Slim odds flames would over take Seattle and same for teams bellow flames.
kyuss275 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2024, 09:55 AM   #76
All In Good Time
Powerplay Quarterback

Exp:

Quote:
You’re delirious if you think Calgary Flames will ever be engraved on the Stanley Cup with “Andrei Kuzmenko” as a contributor.

But yeah, yay, let’s cheer for the Flames to get closer to 9th or 10th or 11th! Who wouldn’t want that? 16th overall next year must be the goal.
I’d counter with the just as likely “You’re delirious if you think Calgary Flames will ever be engraved on the Stanley Cup with any of the current roster players.”
So
We might as well enjoy watching at least 1 dynamic player and let’s please stop being Oiler fans and cheering for losses.
All In Good Time is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2024, 09:57 AM   #77
Rhett44
Crash and Bang Winger

Exp:

I see a lot of people upset that a certain poster doesn't like Kuzmenko because of the pride jersey thing. But I remember there being a huge outrage in here when Reimer and others did the same thing.

Was the outrage more because of the comments he had made at the time? Or are people more willing to forgive or ignore it if it's a player on their team or that they are a fan of?

And trust me, I don't care either way over not wearing a jersey for warm-ups. But it just seems a very opposite reaction of what i remember when players on other teams opted out of doing the same thing.

And to be clear, I think people can be outraged or they can choose not to care. You can't force people to accept everything you believe. But you're certainly free to judge them if you want to.

Last edited by Rhett44; 04-13-2024 at 10:04 AM.
Rhett44 is online now   Reply With Quote
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Rhett44 For This Useful Post:
Old 04-13-2024, 10:03 AM   #78
GioforPM
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rhett44 View Post
I see a lot of people upset that a certain poster doesn't like Kuzmenko because of the pride jersey thing. But I remember there being a huge outrage in here when Reimer and others did the same thing.

Was the outrage more because of the comments he had made at the time? Or are people more willing to forgive or ignore it if it's a player on their team or that they are a fan of?

And trust me, I don't care either way over not wearing a jersey for warm-ups. But it just seems a very opposite reaction of what i remember when players on other teams opted out of doing the same thing.
I imagine people give him more of a pass partly because it didn’t happen here, partly because it was not recent and I don’t recall any comments Kuzmenko made, partly because he seems like a likeable guy otherwise. And sure, because he’s a Flame is probably a big part.

There’s also the Russian thing:

“NHL teams’ concern for Russian player safety has arisen since Russia’s anti-gay laws were amended in early December. Per The New York Times, the new law makes it “illegal to spread ‘propaganda’ about ‘nontraditional sexual relations’ in all media, including social, advertising and movies.” The law states fines can be up to $6,400 for citizens and $80,000 for organizations.”
GioforPM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2024, 10:38 AM   #79
The Fonz
Our Jessica Fletcher

Exp:

Quote:
Would you be happier if he never scored any goals at all, and walked for nothing as a UFA because nobody wanted him?
Yes.

Butterfly vilified Kuzmenko for literally doing nothing, and it’s uncomfortable (and hilariously hypocritical) for butterly to learn that Kuzmenko is a genuinely likeable person and player, and quickly becoming a fan favourite.

There would have been a feeling of vindication if Kuzmenko had failed here and been an awful person in the process, and so far, butterfly has not been rewarded with that.
The Fonz is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to The Fonz For This Useful Post:
Old 04-13-2024, 10:44 AM   #80
Jiri Hrdina
Franchise Player

Exp:

For me it's the Russian factor for sure. We don't know what his personal situation is and to what degree friends and family, still home in Russia, would be exposed to risk.
Jiri Hrdina is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Jiri Hrdina For This Useful Post: