Calgarypuck Forums - The Unofficial Calgary Flames Fan Community

Go Back   Calgarypuck Forums - The Unofficial Calgary Flames Fan Community > Main Forums > The Off Topic Forum > Food and Entertainment
Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 03-01-2013, 12:27 PM   #61
Deegee
First Line Centre

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Flacker View Post
This precisely, what year is it Shaw? Slice has no HD channel will ensure this will fail.

You can take your 480i programming and jam it.
Almost as bad as paying for SD channels to have the right to buy HD equivalents.
Deegee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2013, 12:32 PM   #62
Stay Golden
Franchise Player

Exp:

I watched it on Global HD is it now only going be on that crappy Slice?
Old 03-01-2013, 03:05 PM   #63
albertGQ
Franchise Player

Exp:

Who won HOH?
albertGQ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2013, 01:44 AM   #64
Hells Bells
First Line Centre

Exp:

Spoiler!
Old 03-05-2013, 05:39 PM   #65
Guest1

Spoiler!
Old 03-05-2013, 09:26 PM   #66
Hells Bells
First Line Centre

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Puxlut View Post
Spoiler!
Andrew is the newfie. Jillian and Emmett (the farmer) are both from NS.

I find it funny when the ugly blond girl (Danielle?) keeps saying that Jillian is jealous of her. Jillian has likely taken dumps that look better than Danielle.
Old 03-06-2013, 10:41 AM   #67
GoinAllTheWay
Franchise Player

Exp:

That blonde chick is annoying as hell, I hope she gets evicted next. And she actually said that Jillian is way to into herself. Rich coming from the girl that appears to be obsessed with herself.
GoinAllTheWay is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2013, 05:44 PM   #68
Guest1

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hells Bells View Post
Andrew is the newfie. Jillian and Emmett (the farmer) are both from NS.

I find it funny when the ugly blond girl (Danielle?) keeps saying that Jillian is jealous of her. Jillian has likely taken dumps that look better than Danielle.
Oops. My bad. I tend to lump all Eastern Canadians together under the term "Newfie". Kind of like I group people from Japan, China, Korea under the term "Asians"

I know it's not right, but I'm just geographically challenged and too lazy to edjumacate myself
Old 03-14-2013, 12:49 PM   #69
Reneeee
Crash and Bang Winger

Exp:

did people just stop watching this? I'm not a huge fan of this viewer involvement to determine veto, wrecks the game IMO. Thus far I think Peter is the most entertaining and Liza is probably a whole lot smarter than she comes off on tv.
Reneeee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2013, 12:28 AM   #70
Guest1

Just catching up on my PVR... If it weren't for Jokers, I wouldn't know what was happening half the time. The picture of the different all the different alliances helps me with who to cheer for.
Suzette needs to go, glad I don't have to listen to Aneal's fake crying ever again and the girls need to realize that they need to cement their alliance if they are going to make it to the end. The boys will be top three the way it's going now.
Old 03-15-2013, 06:08 AM   #71
Oling_Roachinen
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Reneeee View Post
did people just stop watching this? I'm not a huge fan of this viewer involvement to determine veto, wrecks the game IMO. Thus far I think Peter is the most entertaining and Liza is probably a whole lot smarter than she comes off on tv.
Twists like that have always been such bull but I think this one was especially unnecessary.

Tom's a dickhead, he's going to cause problems. Even his right hand man Emmett is tired of his attitude. There's no reason for them to keep Suzette in to fuel Tom. ####, there's no point in keeping in Suzette period. She's an annoying, bitchy, victim with no gameplay or self-awareness. She's probably a nice enough person in real life, but I'd much rather never have to see her again on Big Brother than put up with her playing martyr - and now she's going to have a bloated ego thinking Canada likes her.

There's enough "story" going on that they didn't need to force anything this early and should have let it play out naturally. The 4 dude alliance could shatter thanks to Tom being Tom and Peter wanting Liza. Liza's manipulating the men and bonding with the women. Topaz and Gary aren't completely useless and despite being floaters now AJ and Andrew I believe do know their game. Anneal was laying low, which ended up not helping him at all, but he could have done some damage. The only players in the house that appear to be useless, outside of getting into fights with Tom, are Suzette and Talla.

Oh well, it's obvious they were just trying to get people talking about the twist and don't care too much about the credibility as they've already suckered in idiots like me. And it was almost worth it to see AJ squirm after being so confident.

Edit: And as for Liza being smart, I think the term I would use would be manipulative. She's obviously not afraid of flirting and using her sexuality to get what she wants and does it well. The problem is, she's doing it too openly and with too many men at once. It's going to cause jealousy, which will quickly turn to distrust in a game like this. And the other houseguests see what's happening and wont just let it last. I think it's going to backfire on her, instead of Peter (even if the flirtation is real) and Andrew allying with her, she's going to lose Tom who she had completely wrapped around her finger.

Last edited by Oling_Roachinen; 03-15-2013 at 06:33 AM.
Oling_Roachinen is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Oling_Roachinen For This Useful Post:
Old 03-15-2013, 03:57 PM   #72
Flamesoholic
Scoring Winger

Exp:

So the feeds and After Dark have been shut down/postponed until March 17th as BB investigates allegations of cheating by Thursday night's HOH winner.

As per their twitter feed;

We are addressing last night’s HOH competition. Tune in Sunday night at 9 PM ET/PT to find out what went down. #BBCAN @slice_tv

Big Brother Canada After Dark will not air tonight but will return March 17th at 2 AM ET / 11 PM PT https://www.facebook.com/BigBrotherC...66764253436575 … #BBAD #BBCAN

I'm still annoyed by that stupid "Powershift-Canada Votes" crap. I want to stab my ears every time the person who was saved opens their horribly annoying mouth.
Old 03-15-2013, 04:52 PM   #73
GoinAllTheWay
Franchise Player

Exp:

Are they saying Emmet cheated? I agree, I think he did too. Pretty sure I saw him carrying a ball in his hand back to where the deposit them. Not sure if that's what they are getting at though.

I didn't mind the Canda veto thing tbh. I think this show has come up with some pretty interesting ways to keep the show entertaining. I was kind of worried at first that BB Canada wouldn't be all that good, but it's turning out to be as every bit entertaining as the American version. I think some of the secret challenges they give to some of the players have been quite good.
Old 03-15-2013, 07:43 PM   #74
Flamesoholic
Scoring Winger

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by GoinAllTheWay View Post
Are they saying Emmet cheated? I agree, I think he did too. Pretty sure I saw him carrying a ball in his hand back to where the deposit them. Not sure if that's what they are getting at though.

I didn't mind the Canda veto thing tbh. I think this show has come up with some pretty interesting ways to keep the show entertaining. I was kind of worried at first that BB Canada wouldn't be all that good, but it's turning out to be as every bit entertaining as the American version. I think some of the secret challenges they give to some of the players have been quite good.
Yes they are saying he and a few others cheated in the challenge. There's also mention of some failures with a couple of the hives that caused 2 other HGs to lose at no fault of their own. It'll be interesting to see what they are doing about it. Nice to see that BBCan is responding to viewers about this kind of stuff though, not like BBUSA who just kept everyone from talking about it when Frank cheated.

I agree with you about BBCan keeping it interesting. I guess I just have a problem with the twist because it ended up saving someone who drives me insane with the constant whining, valley girl voice and the CONSTANT talk about her fans and such. Drives me nuts.

Well never mind. I just checked the feeds and they are back on.

Last edited by Flamesoholic; 03-15-2013 at 08:45 PM.
Flamesoholic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2013, 09:13 PM   #75
Oling_Roachinen
Franchise Player

Exp:

Yeah, there was multiple players using their hands well after the warning, including Emmett, but Andrew was particularly screwed. He spent probably close to half the challenge slamming his hive trying to get the balls to fall down when they got stuck twice. He had no chance.

And considering they sorta cheated last HoH when the dudes had agreed to always go A on majority votes prior to the competition I'm not surprised they're looking into it.

Anyone know if anything's going to be done?
Oling_Roachinen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2013, 01:42 AM   #76
Hells Bells
First Line Centre

Exp:

Jillian, Topaz and Liza should form a three-way "ho-mance".

Now that would keep me tuned in for sure.

Last edited by Hells Bells; 03-16-2013 at 01:50 AM.
Hells Bells is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2013, 12:09 PM   #77
GoinAllTheWay
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Flamesoholic View Post
Yes they are saying he and a few others cheated in the challenge. There's also mention of some failures with a couple of the hives that caused 2 other HGs to lose at no fault of their own. It'll be interesting to see what they are doing about it. Nice to see that BBCan is responding to viewers about this kind of stuff though, not like BBUSA who just kept everyone from talking about it when Frank cheated.

I agree with you about BBCan keeping it interesting. I guess I just have a problem with the twist because it ended up saving someone who drives me insane with the constant whining, valley girl voice and the CONSTANT talk about her fans and such. Drives me nuts.

Well never mind. I just checked the feeds and they are back on.
Totally agree, I was REALLY hoping she would go home too but I got my wish the week before with Danielle getting the boot. That eviction was everything I was hoping it would be so I'm OK with this week not turning out like I had hoped. Although I do hope it doesn't give her some celebrity complex thinking she's the cats a** because Canada voted to keep her. I'm still kinda stumped about that one though, why the hell did everyone vote to keep her?
Old 03-16-2013, 03:25 PM   #78
Flamesoholic
Scoring Winger

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by GoinAllTheWay View Post
Totally agree, I was REALLY hoping she would go home too but I got my wish the week before with Danielle getting the boot. That eviction was everything I was hoping it would be so I'm OK with this week not turning out like I had hoped. Although I do hope it doesn't give her some celebrity complex thinking she's the cats a** because Canada voted to keep her. I'm still kinda stumped about that one though, why the hell did everyone vote to keep her?

To piss off Tom is my guess
Old 03-16-2013, 08:58 PM   #79
Hells Bells
First Line Centre

Exp:

Was there a do not save either guest option?

Or did you have to vote to save either Suzette or AJ?... if that was the case, it would make sense because who cares if AJ goes home?
Old 04-09-2013, 04:51 PM   #80
GoinAllTheWay
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hells Bells View Post
Was there a do not save either guest option?

Or did you have to vote to save either Suzette or AJ?... if that was the case, it would make sense because who cares if AJ goes home?
Andrew apparently.