Calgarypuck Forums - The Unofficial Calgary Flames Fan Community

Go Back   Calgarypuck Forums - The Unofficial Calgary Flames Fan Community > Main Forums > The Off Topic Forum > Tech Talk
Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 12-16-2015, 08:29 AM   #761
iLoveLamp
Scoring Winger

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Qwerty View Post
I remember the girl slides the door open and initiates dialogue, maybe if you didn't have the correct response she just locks it. I believe she asked if I would help.
Hm. I don't remember ever talking to her before
iLoveLamp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-17-2015, 07:35 AM   #762
-TC-
Franchise Player

Exp:

I'm rolling around with Cait right now, she just wants to drink and fight...so I gave her a bowler hat. it makes me laugh. Irish chicks man...

-TC- is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-17-2015, 07:36 AM   #763
Boblobla
Franchise Player

Exp:

I am still pretty early in (only level 15 ~22 hours) and have a few questions.

Do you guys wear your power all the time or only when fighting harder opponents? I prefer the HUD out of the power armour so I have just been leaving it in Sanctuary...
Boblobla is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-17-2015, 07:46 AM   #764
J pold
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Boblobla View Post

Do you guys wear your power all the time or only when fighting harder opponents? I prefer the HUD out of the power armour so I have just been leaving it in Sanctuary...
I rarely use the power armor. I prefer the stealth approach so I have a some shadowed armor. I leave it in Sanctuary unless I'm up against a really tough opponent. The only time I use I had it on is when I randomly come across a deathclaw.
J pold is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to J pold For This Useful Post:
Old 12-17-2015, 07:59 AM   #765
-TC-
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by J pold View Post
I rarely use the power armor. I prefer the stealth approach so I have a some shadowed armor. I leave it in Sanctuary unless I'm up against a really tough opponent. The only time I use I had it on is when I randomly come across a deathclaw.

I'm busy collecting armour and upgrading one set but I never wear it.

I have weapons that make quick work of deathclaws now... it's just a matter of staying out of reach.

If you can find high ground, ideally stairs, they are an easy finish.

-TC- is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to -TC- For This Useful Post:
Old 12-17-2015, 08:16 AM   #766
TheDragon
First Line Centre

Exp:

Quote:

The only time I used it on my first play through was as I was completing the storyline, because I felt guilty about collecting all of this armor and not using it.

On my second play through, I am going melee (and explosives) only. I have Grognak's armor and axe, so I'm basically running around shirtless. I'm not even going to bother collecting power armor this go around.

Although, I encourage you to hang on to at least one suit, as there will be a point in the game when you explore a certain somewhere that has extremely high amounts of radiation, and using your power armor is a safer bet than running around in a Hazmat suit, since it replaces all of the armor you're currently wearing.
TheDragon is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to TheDragon For This Useful Post:
Old 12-17-2015, 12:37 PM   #767
kirant
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:

I never touch it except for the Glowing Sea (it plus a hazmat suit make radiation negligible).

I hate how many Fusion Cores it eats up in VATS (easily about 1/8 to 1/4 per short encounter) and I use VATS all the time. It plus a stealth based approach make it extremely unwieldy. Might try it on a melee or unarmed based run though since I've noticed I take a whole lot more damage.

I keep it as up to date as I can with 0 perk points in Science, but it seems easier to just run around in Shadow and Muffled armour.
Old 12-17-2015, 12:46 PM   #768
Hemi-Cuda
wins 10 internets

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by kirant View Post
I never touch it except for the Glowing Sea (it plus a hazmat suit make radiation negligible).

I hate how many Fusion Cores it eats up in VATS (easily about 1/8 to 1/4 per short encounter) and I use VATS all the time. It plus a stealth based approach make it extremely unwieldy. Might try it on a melee or unarmed based run though since I've noticed I take a whole lot more damage.

I keep it as up to date as I can with 0 perk points in Science, but it seems easier to just run around in Shadow and Muffled armour.
Is muffled armor or super light armor better for stealth builds? I would assume super light as heavier armor makes sneaking more difficult, but I can't seem to find a solid answer
Hemi-Cuda is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Hemi-Cuda For This Useful Post:
Old 12-17-2015, 06:48 PM   #769
kirant
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hemi-Cuda View Post
Is muffled armor or super light armor better for stealth builds? I would assume super light as heavier armor makes sneaking more difficult, but I can't seem to find a solid answer
No clue. I always end up taking shadow and muffled armour because the AI for companions is terrible at keeping hidden and they have a nasty habit picking fights as I try to find good position.
Old 12-18-2015, 10:23 AM   #770
Erick Estrada
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:

I'm level 39 right now and I haven't used power armor since I was about level 3. I'm playing on hard and haven't really ran into any enemies where I felt I needed it to progress. Once you get the Ballistic Weave underclothing with armor stacked on top you are virtually unstoppable.
Erick Estrada is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Erick Estrada For This Useful Post:
Old 12-18-2015, 02:50 PM   #771
Rhettzky
Franchise Player

Exp:

I even ended up parking my power armor for the last big battles in the game. Once you take heavy damage the pieces get busted up and get rendered useless with no easy way to repair them in combat. Then once my leg pieces broke, I ended up over-encumbered in the middle of the fight and had to dump stuff into a corpse. So using the regular armor and a bunch of stimpaks was way easier.
Old 12-18-2015, 07:43 PM   #772
Trailer Fire
First Line Centre

Exp:

I need to get the Ballistic Weave. I dislike wearing power armour. I have an issue using Fusion Cores, because I am a horder. I don't even like my ammo levels dipping below 500. That's why I'm rolling a sneaky melee guy.

Man some folks are next to impossible, or entirely impossible, to kill with melee... Mirelurk Queen? Bunch of nopes right there.

And I can't believe how badly I screwed up my Railroad name... If any of you haven't gotten to the point of joining the railroad yet, when you get to choose your nickname, make Dez choose for you. Best nickname possible.

Last edited by Trailer Fire; 12-19-2015 at 12:15 AM.
Trailer Fire is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Trailer Fire For This Useful Post:
Old 12-21-2015, 01:56 AM   #773
jammies
Basement Chicken Choker

Location: In a land without pants, or war, or want. But mostly we care about the pants.
Exp:

I figured out how to beat the Suiciders as Melee...

1. Attack them before they see you and kill them in one blow.
or
2. Run away fast and let them blow Piper up as she covers you.

I thought I'd take her as companion this time thru, the AI is bad but barely bearable. GET IN THE ****ING ELEVATOR!

One thing about melee is you can sell all the ammo, which is worth lots of caps. All I save are 5MM for the minigun, missiles, and mini-nukes. Oh, and fusion cells for Piper's Institute gun. So far the only problem enemies are those high up that shoot at you and can't be easily reached.
Old 12-21-2015, 11:13 AM   #774
Hemi-Cuda
wins 10 internets

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by jammies View Post

or

I thought I'd take her as companion this time thru, the AI is bad but barely bearable. GET IN THE ****ING ELEVATOR!

One thing about melee is you can sell all the ammo, which is worth lots of caps. All I save are 5MM for the minigun, missiles, and mini-nukes. Oh, and fusion cells for Piper's Institute gun. So far the only problem enemies are those high up that shoot at you and can't be easily reached.
The minigun is one of the worst guns in the game. Even fully upgraded it's sucks compared to even an automatic combat rifle. Such a letdown when I learned how useless it was after wanting to stomp around with a big ass chaingun
Hemi-Cuda is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-21-2015, 11:40 AM   #775
Trailer Fire
First Line Centre

Exp:

I've been cheating a little bit lately. I found a 5 crank NV musket I use to cap harder targets like Radscorps and Sentry bots. Radscorps are the bane of my existence. I finally got the ballistic weave for my underarmour so that might turn the tide a bit.
Old 12-21-2015, 11:54 AM   #776
DownhillGoat
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Trailer Fire View Post
I've been cheating a little bit lately. I found a 5 crank NV musket I use to cap harder targets like Radscorps and Sentry bots. Radscorps are the bane of my existence. I finally got the ballistic weave for my underarmour so that might turn the tide a bit.
Haha the stupid small things are the worst.

I had more issues with a legendary bloodbug than I did my first two deathclaws.
DownhillGoat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-21-2015, 12:12 PM   #777
Erick Estrada
Franchise Player

Exp:

On the PS4 version you don't have to get companions to go into elevators as you walk in without them and then as soon as you press the button they magically appear behind you. Kind of lame but beats trying to round them up because the companion AI is pretty terrible.
Old 12-21-2015, 01:54 PM   #778
TheDragon
First Line Centre

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by jammies View Post

or

Blitz actually works really nicely for taking out Suiciders, too. You teleport right to them and can dispatch them in VATS. Failing that, I make a habit of carrying a crappy pistol with me, just to shoot the arm carrying the nuke to set it off.
TheDragon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-21-2015, 02:09 PM   #779
GoinAllTheWay
Franchise Player

Exp:

I totally forgot you could have a companion other than Dogmeat so I figured I'd give Codsworth a try. Tried to ignore feeling bad as Dogmeat shuffled off to Abernathy Farms all by himself. First time out with Codsworth, I was impressed! Came across a ghoul filled house and laughed as he ran around and lopped all their heads off. Barely had to lift a finger. Explored another house and laughed even more when he busted out the flamethrower and set fire to a whole group of baddies. Think I'll keep Codsworth.
GoinAllTheWay is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-21-2015, 02:34 PM   #780
Erick Estrada
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheDragon View Post
Blitz actually works really nicely for taking out Suiciders, too. You teleport right to them and can dispatch them in VATS. Failing that, I make a habit of carrying a crappy pistol with me, just to shoot the arm carrying the nuke to set it off.
I prefer guns that have added limb damage bonuses as when getting bombarded I use VATS and shoot for legs and cripple enemies so that they can not move towards you and then finish them off the cripples. Once you max up those weapons you can take out enemies with one or two shots to an arm or leg.

Tags
fallout 4 , nuka cola , the lone wanderer