Calgarypuck Forums - The Unofficial Calgary Flames Fan Community

Go Back   Calgarypuck Forums - The Unofficial Calgary Flames Fan Community > Main Forums > The Off Topic Forum > Tech Talk
Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 04-14-2011, 01:04 AM   #681
CrusaderPi
Redundant Minister of Redundancy
Self-Banned

Exp:

I had that happen once today also right after I failed at changing a territory name.
CrusaderPi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2011, 02:21 PM   #682
jolinar of malkshor
#1 Goaltender

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by KTrain View Post
That's weird. We haven't heard that from anyone else since the lastest release.

You're running the most current version of the game right?
Ya Kevin, I have the latest version. I wasn't having this problem as much until recently.
jolinar of malkshor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2011, 02:26 PM   #683
KTrain
ALL ABOARD!

Exp:

I'll have the programming guys look at it. Sounds like a memory leak in the code. We have a marathon coding/designing session coming up next week so hopefully we can get it resolved then.
KTrain is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2011, 03:12 PM   #684
metallicat
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quick question, when I load the game, I never get a notification in the form of an icon or whatever that I have a new message from someone. I have to physically go into the Intel section and then the chat area to see if I have something new, and it is rare that I remember to go in there. Is this the way it is on purpose? Or do badges normally appear even when you're in the conquest area?
Old 04-17-2011, 12:38 PM   #685
rubecube
Franchise Player

Exp:

Might have already been covered in this thread, but I couldn't do all 12 pages. Any plans to bring this to Android?
rubecube is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2011, 02:17 PM   #686
KTrain
ALL ABOARD!

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by oilers_fan View Post
Quick question, when I load the game, I never get a notification in the form of an icon or whatever that I have a new message from someone. I have to physically go into the Intel section and then the chat area to see if I have something new, and it is rare that I remember to go in there. Is this the way it is on purpose? Or do badges normally appear even when you're in the conquest area?
I agree that this is a pain in the ass. I'll make sure we add a better notification system to the main menu system when there are active messages to be read.

Quote:
Originally Posted by rubecube View Post
Might have already been covered in this thread, but I couldn't do all 12 pages. Any plans to bring this to Android?
We definitely want to make it available to Android users. We've almost got the WP7 version caught up to the iPhone version. We still need to fins some who is will to take on the Android coding. Our two programmers are knee deep in coding other apps full-time that we would need someone else to take on the Android programming. We have revenue sharing model with the WP7 developer and would look to do the same for an Android developer.

If anyone knows any good Android programmers who are trustworthy and reliable let us know. We don't want an app created and then never updated again. That's why we want to make sure anyone we get to code it for us would be in it for the long haul.
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to KTrain For This Useful Post:
Old 04-18-2011, 08:02 AM   #687
KTrain
ALL ABOARD!

Exp:

New attack this morning. Start using those diamonds.

This one is powerful so use it wisely.
The Following User Says Thank You to KTrain For This Useful Post:
Old 04-18-2011, 03:24 PM   #688
metallicat
Franchise Player

Exp:

What is the benefit to getting them down to zero, as opposed to just attacking until they are at 1 troop?
Old 04-18-2011, 03:35 PM   #689
KTrain
ALL ABOARD!

Exp:

It was requested by some people on our forum.

1) It destroys everyone but yourself by launching one attack.

2) I guess having 0 does two things, it takes them longer to attack when they first arrive at your territory. And there's a bit of pride involved when you see your enemy at 0.

We may remove them from the list all together but we would have to work out some database stuff with an upcoming feature.

Last edited by KTrain; 04-18-2011 at 05:09 PM. Reason: Bad grammar
Old 04-18-2011, 04:51 PM   #690
metallicat
Franchise Player

Exp:

Yeah the whole it takes longer thing makes sense. When someone is driving they may be less capable of attacking I suppose if they have to wait for a bit.
Old 04-18-2011, 07:04 PM   #691
jolinar of malkshor
#1 Goaltender

Exp:

Is there anyway you can add a feature to the Nuke attack. This is my idea. Have a option to set your blast radius. Option 1. as is now 30 of every resource destroys single territory. Option 2 Medium Blast radius = 10 times the amount of resources ie: 300 of everything, destroys the enemy in a 9 square territory radius. Option 3 Large blast radius = 100 times the amount of resources ie: 3000 of each resource and kills the enemy in a 25 square radius.

This would also solve one of the problems of excessive resources and may add revenue to your game.
The Following User Says Thank You to jolinar of malkshor For This Useful Post:
Old 04-19-2011, 07:11 AM   #692
KTrain
ALL ABOARD!

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by jolinar of malkshor View Post
Is there anyway you can add a feature to the Nuke attack. This is my idea. Have a option to set your blast radius. Option 1. as is now 30 of every resource destroys single territory. Option 2 Medium Blast radius = 10 times the amount of resources ie: 300 of everything, destroys the enemy in a 9 square territory radius. Option 3 Large blast radius = 100 times the amount of resources ie: 3000 of each resource and kills the enemy in a 25 square radius.

This would also solve one of the problems of excessive resources and may add revenue to your game.
That could get a but complicated as a nuke only attacks one person so we would have to calculate which surrounding territories that person is also in. Then we would have to make sure they don't drop to 0 in the other territories where they don't have as many troops as the territory being hit.

I could see it causing confusion for some users and if you saw some of the tech support questions we get, you'd know we want to keep things as simple as possible.
Old 05-03-2011, 03:42 PM   #693
KTrain
ALL ABOARD!

Exp:

In February we won "Best Design" for a Windows Phone 7 contest called the Great Canadian Apportunity. They've moved us into the final round and, if you're so inclined, we'd appreciate any help getting our page retweeted, shared, liked, etc. I guess that is an contributing factor for the judges.

http://www.greatcanadianapportunity....wn-this-world/
Old 05-04-2011, 10:50 AM   #694
jolinar of malkshor
#1 Goaltender

Exp:

I think this should be posted in the general thread, I think you would get a lot more exposure.
Old 05-04-2011, 10:54 AM   #695
jolinar of malkshor
#1 Goaltender

Exp:

Liked it X2.
The Following User Says Thank You to jolinar of malkshor For This Useful Post:
Old 05-04-2011, 04:33 PM   #696
metallicat
Franchise Player

Exp:

For what it's worth, I can barely play this game anymore. Any app that uses location services on my phone, virtually bricks it for awhile after I exit the game. Sometimes it takes a hard reset because the phone is almost entirely frozen. I'm getting decimated because I can't play anymore!
Old 05-04-2011, 04:41 PM   #697
KTrain
ALL ABOARD!

Exp:

So it's not just OTW?

What phone do you have?

Has something in the latest iOS release screwed it up?
Old 05-04-2011, 04:43 PM   #698
KTrain
ALL ABOARD!

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by jolinar of malkshor View Post
I think this should be posted in the general thread, I think you would get a lot more exposure.
I don't want to start another jihad thread in the Off Topic. There's been a few lately and I don't want to add to the clutter.
The Following User Says Thank You to KTrain For This Useful Post:
Old 05-04-2011, 04:56 PM   #699
metallicat
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by KTrain View Post
So it's not just OTW?

What phone do you have?

Has something in the latest iOS release screwed it up?
Maps screw it up as well. My phone (a 3G) has been getting significantly worse with each new release Apple puts out. I just don't think it can handle things anymore. Occasionally I can log into OTW, exit, and things are fine. But sometimes the location services icon will just stay at the top for an unknown length of time, and it makes opening other apps, even mail, almost impossible.

Maybe OTW is worse than others, I'm actually not sure. I don't use too many apps with location services.
Old 05-05-2011, 01:21 PM   #700
KTrain
ALL ABOARD!

Exp:

We put together a short video preview of Own This World to give people an idea of what it's like.

At :45 CrusaderPi gets nuked.

Last edited by KTrain; 05-05-2011 at 02:26 PM.