Calgarypuck Forums - The Unofficial Calgary Flames Fan Community

Go Back   Calgarypuck Forums - The Unofficial Calgary Flames Fan Community > Main Forums > Other Sports: Football, Baseball, Local Hockey, Etc...
Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 04-04-2019, 04:29 PM   #681
CaptainCrunch
Norm!

Exp:

what if Reigns comes out and influences every match

Its WRESTLEREIGNIA DAMNIT

Look on my Works, ye Mighty, and despair!
CaptainCrunch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2019, 03:46 PM   #682
Ozy_Flame

Posted the 6 millionth post!

Exp:

https://twitter.com/user/status/1114277575931486208
Ozy_Flame is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2019, 04:48 PM   #683
d_phaneuf
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by KelVarnsen View Post
I can't see both Becky and Kofi losing. It would leave the crowd way too mad.
Dont see anyway kofi loses

Especially that they have done the 'people like us never get title chances' route, which is true, but doing that for a potential black champion and not pulling the trigger is just something I dont see
d_phaneuf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2019, 05:20 PM   #684
rubecube
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by d_phaneuf View Post
Dont see anyway kofi loses

Especially that they have done the 'people like us never get title chances' route, which is true, but doing that for a potential black champion and not pulling the trigger is just something I dont see
Booker T says "Tell me I did not just read that!"
rubecube is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to rubecube For This Useful Post:
Old 04-05-2019, 05:25 PM   #685
KelVarnsen
Franchise Player

Exp:

Nxt! Nxt! Nxt!
KelVarnsen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2019, 05:37 PM   #686
CaptainCrunch
Norm!

Exp:

Holy christ what did I watch, that's not just the match of the year, but I think it was the match of the decade.

Loved the sign of respect from the War Raiders after it was over, but honestly I thought they'd killed Richocet

Old 04-05-2019, 06:09 PM   #687
CaptainCrunch
Norm!

Exp:

Really solid matchup between Dream and Riddle, Dream should be going to the main roster, he's so fricking entertaining. They used the Sane vs Baszler ending, but a 4 out of 5 star match.

Old 04-05-2019, 06:49 PM   #688
Superflyer
Close, but no banana.

Exp:

Pretty great takeover so far.
Superflyer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2019, 07:24 PM   #689
CaptainCrunch
Norm!

Exp:

It was interesting because Dunne vs Walter was a different kind of match, with it more being hold versus hold and a more steady pace. I guess it had to happen because the first two matches were so frantically paced.

*** out of 5

I loved loved loved the booking of the woman's four way because it was designed to showcase the Sky Pirates and Bianca and really Shayna took a back seat. Some of the stuff that Io can do defies description, and her and Sane are so much fun to watch. I give credit, I haven't been a fan of Bianca but she was very good in this matchup.

In the end I was suprised that Shayna retained the belt, but it made her look like a smart champion. I think that I expect the Sky Pirates to become a tag team and Bianca to chase Shayna.

BTW, what I love about Shayna, her work looks real and devastating and painful and really watch her face when she wrestlers, she does such a great job of telling a story.

**** out of 5

Old 04-05-2019, 08:10 PM   #690
KelVarnsen
Franchise Player

Exp:

What. A. Match.

Johnny Wrestling Bay Bay!
Old 04-05-2019, 08:35 PM   #691
CaptainCrunch
Norm!

Exp:

Loved the ending too with Ciampa coming out to congratulate Johnny. Especially because his future is in doubt right now.

But what a match

***** out of 5

Old 04-05-2019, 09:53 PM   #692
CaptainCrunch
Norm!

Exp:

https://twitter.com/user/status/1114332835966541830

Old 04-06-2019, 01:47 PM   #693
rubecube
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by CaptainCrunch View Post
So I thought I would do my Wrestlemania predictions here as well.

Andre the Giant Battle Royal (Kickoff Show)

The Wrestlemania battle royals are all about elevating someone to the mid card for the next year, but buried in this whole mess is the Braun versus the SNL news guys. Its amazing how far Braun has fallen in a short time, mainly due to mobility issues and unispired booking. But I doubt that he's anything but ripe for an upset. I would love to see Andrade win this just because he's probably the best name of the bunch Winner Andrade

I'm just mad that a healthy Kevin Owens doesn't have a Mania match, so I'm picking him.

Quote:
Woman's Battle Royal (Kickoff Show)

Again same premise, this is the best of the rest with the winner getting bumped. As much as people are crying for Ahsuka to win this, it really doesn't do anything for her to win this. I would think that Mandy Rose is going to get a major push this year ready or not. Winner Mandy Rose (After she screws over her buddy Sonya Deville who is very good)
Gonna say this is where they attempt to heat up Lacey Evans

Quote:

Cruiserweight Championship -- Buddy Murphy (c) vs. Tony Nese (Kickoff Show)

This should be a really good match and really belongs on the main card. But as much as I think that Buddy is gold, I think that its time to elevate Nese. Winner and new Cruiserweight Champion Tony Nese
Buddy isn't losing to Nese.

Quote:
SmackDown Tag Team Championship -- The Usos (c) vs. Ricochet & Aleister Black vs. The Bar vs. Rusev & Shinsuke Nakamura think its just going to be time for Ricochet and Black to win this thing, Nakamura has been a major disappointment this year and that's on him, Rusev has been doing too much social media crying. The Uso's don't need to be champions, and I love the Bar but they don't need the belts. Winner and new tag team champions Ricochet and Black
Yeah, I think after going 0-2 on the Raw and NXT belts, Black and Ricochet come through here.

Quote:
Kurt Angle vs. Baron Corbin (Farewell Match)
Seriously people this isn't going to be a pass the torch moment this is all about Kurt. Winner Kurt Angle
Winner: John Cena

The Miz vs. Shane McMahon (Falls Count Anywhere)[/B]

I've always been a fan of the Miz as a heel, and he's been food as the baby face in this feud. However it is the battle of the two fakest looking offenses on the roster. Expect Shane to do something stupid, but there's too much benefit for the Miz to win this thing so he will.Winner The Miz after his dad screws Shane
[/QUOTE]

I'm going the opposite direction and saying Miz's dad screws Miz over.

Quote:
Women's Tag Team Championship-- Sasha Banks & Bayley (c) vs. Beth Phoenix & Natalya vs. Nia Jax & Tamina Snuka vs. The IIconics
Maybe its me, but Bayley and Sasha have floundered a bit as tag team champions and have become a bit unlikable. Its cool that Beth is back, I always liked her, but she's not coming back fulltime. I hate Jax and Sunka who are awful. I would love to see the Iconics win this as they are so much fun to watch. But I expect that Banks and Bayley retain and fued with Io and Sane next. Winners and still champions, Banks and Bayley.
Don't know what's next for this belt but I expect the champs to retain.

Quote:
United States Championship -- Samoa Joe (c) vs. Rey Mysterio

I love Joe, Rey isn't that interesting and he's going to lose[B]. Winner and still champion Samoa Joe.
I think Joe drops the Belt and moves on to a feud with Kofi.

Quote:
Intercontinental Championship -- Bobby Lashley (c) vs. Finn Balor

This is a good match to take your dog for a walk and laugh as he poo's on the neighbors lawn. The real winners of this match is skip the dishes. I expect that Demon Finn will find a way to win this, but boring. Winner and new US Champion Demon Finn
I agree with all of this.

Quote:
Triple H vs. Batista (No Holds Barred; Triple H's career on the line)

This match will be all kinds of horrible and HHH is not the wrestler he used to be and Batista hasn't wrestled in how long. But I doubt that they're going to take away HHH's ring career, and he has a habit of burying people at Wrestlemania. Look for the rest of Evolution to interfere in the match and cost Batista his win. The Winner and still shoveller HHH
They kind of gave this ending away when they put HHH's career on the line. No way he's retiring when they still have Saudi money to play with.

Quote:
AJ Styles vs. Randy Orton

Randy Orton is just boring, he is he is. I'll take AJ Styles. The Winner of the match AJ Styles
They've hyped this as indie guy vs. WWE franchise player. No way Vince lets indie guy win. Orton wins

Quote:
Roman Reigns vs. Drew McIntyre
Do you honestly think that Roman returning from Luekemia is going to lose this match. Come on people. He's going to kick out of 14 Claymores and land a superman punch.
Winner Roman Reigns
Pretty much.

Quote:
WWE Championship-- Daniel Bryan (c) vs. Kofi Kingston
We all want the feel good story of Kofi winning this. But Daniel has been over the top good as a heel champion. Expect Rowan to interfere and to have this feud continue. Winner Daniel Bryan
Kofi wisn this or there's a riot.

Quote:
Universal Championship -- Brock Lesnar (c) vs. Seth Rollins
I think event he WWE knows that Brock has run this race for as long as he can. Seth did ok as a champion before, and he's going to be the guy for a while until Reigns beats him for the belt. Winner and new Champion Seth Rollins
Sounds like Lesnar and Cormier is scheduled for the end of August, which means Lesnar likely has time for another Saudi payday before he has to go to camp. I'm expecting him to win this and then drop the belt to Roman in KSA.

Quote:
Winner Take All- Ronda Rousey (c) vs. Charlotte Flair (c) vs. Becky Lynch

The booking on this has frankly been a mess, and Charlotte doesn't have to be in every championship question. The arrest video on Monday was fun but nonsense. At the same time, there are questions around Ronda going off to shoot out a family. I expect that this is going to kick off a 3 vs 3 horsewoman battle with Becky, Charlotte and Sasha vs Shayna, Shaffir and Duke. I expect Ronda to lose the belt here to the man, but know that Charlottes going to win . . . again. Winner and new unified champion Charlotte Flair
I don't think there's much of a storyline here if Charlotte wins. We just had Becky vs. Charlotte for the better part of a year and it doesn't make sense to send Becky back to chasing her again. Feels like it should be a coronation for Becky.
The Following User Says Thank You to rubecube For This Useful Post:
Old 04-06-2019, 06:50 PM   #694
mile
Franchise Player

Exp:

Some dickhead jumped the rails and tackled Bret during his HOF speech. Thankfully he's alright.
mile is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2019, 06:58 PM   #695
SuperMatt18
Franchise Player

Exp:

I think Travis Browne was just pummelling him in the ring...then Dash wilder gave him a great one that buckelled him outside the ring.

https://twitter.com/ahyezzir/status/...845508096?s=21
SuperMatt18 is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to SuperMatt18 For This Useful Post:
Old 04-06-2019, 07:24 PM   #696
KelVarnsen
Franchise Player

Exp:

Another angle of the Wilder punch

https://twitter.com/drail2k3/status/...377093120?s=21
Old 04-06-2019, 08:01 PM   #697
Gundo
First Line Centre

Exp:

If that doesn’t earn Travis Browne a 2019 Royal Rumble entry I’m going to be very disappointed.

Was I also the only person who instantly thought that was Enzo again ?!?

Last edited by Gundo; 04-06-2019 at 08:03 PM.
Gundo is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Gundo For This Useful Post:
Old 04-06-2019, 08:19 PM   #698
Gundo
First Line Centre

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by KelVarnsen View Post
Watch, The Revival are gonna be over tomorrow now haha.
Gundo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2019, 08:26 PM   #699
KelVarnsen
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gundo View Post
2019 Royal Rumble entry I’m going to be very disappointed.
Prepare to be disappointed
Old 04-06-2019, 08:28 PM   #700
rubecube
Franchise Player

Exp:

What a weird situation all around.