Calgarypuck Forums - The Unofficial Calgary Flames Fan Community

Go Back   Calgarypuck Forums - The Unofficial Calgary Flames Fan Community > Main Forums > The Off Topic Forum
Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 05-25-2024, 08:12 AM   #6941
Fuzz
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Skootenbeeten View Post
Be careful, Netanyahu is around every corner waiting to kick your dog and eat your babies! Better strap your tin foil hat on tight.
I don't have a dog or a baby, so all good here. Unfortunately not so easy to be flippant if you are an innocent Palestinian with a very real concern of having your baby killed by Netanyahu and his barbaric actions. Sadly tinfoil hats don't really protect well against actual weapons which is too bad, because it could be cheap and life saving. You know what else is cheap and life saving? Not firing on them in the first place. I know this all sounds obvious, but you seem to need extra hand holding as you gaze upon the real world.
Fuzz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-25-2024, 08:14 AM   #6942
Bagor
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Skootenbeeten View Post
Be careful, Netanyahu is around every corner waiting to kick your dog and eat your babies! Better strap your tin foil hat on tight.
Bit excessive saying he's going to eat the babies.
But yes, you are correct, he is being criminally charged with amongst other thing murdering babies.

Bagor is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 05-25-2024, 08:19 AM   #6943
Bagor
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
The war in Gaza is being fought on many fronts.
One of them is aid.
Months after some Israelis started to protest against aid lorries entering Gaza at the main Kerem Shalom crossing, the battle has moved to other key junctions, where rival groups of activists do their best to block or protect aid convoys.
In recent weeks, social media has been flooded with images of aid lorries being blocked and ransacked.
Right-wing activists, including Jewish settlers living in the occupied West Bank, have uploaded dozens of videos of crowds, including some very young children, hurling food onto the ground and stamping on boxes of aid.
https://www.bbc.com/news/articles/cz9950n003yo

Gotta teach them hate and genocide when they're young.

Only in Israel. Where they have a bring your kid to commit acts of Genocide day.

Bagor is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 05-25-2024, 08:32 AM   #6944
Fuzz
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bagor View Post
https://www.bbc.com/news/articles/cz9950n003yo

Gotta teach them hate and genocide when they're young.

Only in Israel. Where they have a bring your kid to commit acts of Genocide day.
Quote:
It’s not a lot to ask, not to die from hunger, you know.
Ya, no ####. Apparently it is too much to ask, though. So sad to watch people do this to other people out of vengeance and evil.
Old 05-25-2024, 02:36 PM   #6945
Pockets18
Farm Team Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by PepsiFree View Post
Nobody actually thinks your interpretation of Fuzz’s post as some conspiracy thing was intelligent. You can probably stop doubling down and just go back to being quiet.
Take your own advice.
Pockets18 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-25-2024, 05:24 PM   #6946
PepsiFree
Participant
Participant

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pockets18 View Post
Take your own advice.
Every post you’ve made in the last 2 years is you randomly saying something like “rich coming from you” in a conversation you aren’t part of to people who don’t know who you are and don’t care.

Stay under the rock permanently next time.
PepsiFree is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to PepsiFree For This Useful Post:
Old 05-25-2024, 06:40 PM   #6947
Zary's-Mustache
Powerplay Quarterback

Exp:

Quote:
Every post you’ve made in the last 2 years is you randomly saying something like “rich coming from you” in a conversation you aren’t part of to people who don’t know who you are and don’t care.

Stay under the rock permanently next time.
In the last year he's made 3 posts. 2 of them are replying to you. Someone has a fan. Have you considered opening up a fan account?
Zary's-Mustache is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Zary's-Mustache For This Useful Post:
Old 05-25-2024, 07:07 PM   #6948
Harry Lime
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zary's-Mustache View Post
In the last year he's made 3 posts. 2 of them are replying to you. Someone has a fan. Have you considered opening up a fan account?
Are you suggesting pocket18 is pepsis fan account?
Old 05-25-2024, 08:26 PM   #6949
Fuzz
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Harry Lime View Post
I think it would probably be his only fan account, though.
Old 05-25-2024, 08:32 PM   #6950
Zary's-Mustache
Powerplay Quarterback

Exp:

Quote:
Yes, he's a huge fan of the Pepsi.
Old 05-25-2024, 09:26 PM   #6951
PepsiFree
Participant
Participant

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fuzz View Post
I think it would probably be his only fan account, though.
Wow, shots from within the brigade. wtf.
PepsiFree is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-25-2024, 11:55 PM   #6952
Nage Waza
Offered up a bag of cans for a custom user title

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zary's-Mustache View Post
My bad I don't actually watch the videos but yeah he said he wants to form palestine from the river to the sea. What's wrong with that? Maybe he means israelis can live in Palestine freely like the Israelis allow the Palestinians....oh wait.
I don't think Israelis, both the Muslim and Jewish citizens, want to live where their mothers and daughters are second class citizens or have LGBT murdered. I think they prefer their freedoms...Tell us how other religions would be treated by a Palestinian state?

Israel is a requirement for Jews so they aren't subjugated to this paradise you envision for them.
Nage Waza is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Nage Waza For This Useful Post:
Old 05-26-2024, 06:55 AM   #6953
_Q_
#1 Goaltender

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nage Waza View Post
I don't think Israelis, both the Muslim and Jewish citizens, want to live where their mothers and daughters are second class citizens or have LGBT murdered. I think they prefer their freedoms...Tell us how other religions would be treated by a Palestinian state?

Israel is a requirement for Jews so they aren't subjugated to this paradise you envision for them.
Your views on what the arab world is like show that you have a deeply racist bias against that part of the world. I kind of get it, you've probably never been to anywhere in the middle east that isn't israel. You are, however, an adult and you should look in to things a bit.

The Arab world has its problems. A good part of those issues stem from poverty. Some of them, admittedly are cultural. The Arab countries are not, however, a cartoonishly evil place where women are rounded up and beaten on a daily basis and minorities are executed. I've spent an extensive amount of time in a good number of the countries in the region, and they're really not that bad. I've had an incredible time in some of the places you seem to be deeply afraid of. Yes, there are people over there that suck, but the vast majority of the people I met are welcoming, kind and incredibly intelligent.

Once things simmer down over there, I implore you to visit the arab world. Start off with Jordan for example, where Israelis have been visiting now for decades without any issue.
_Q_ is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to _Q_ For This Useful Post:
Old 05-26-2024, 08:55 AM   #6954
Doctorfever
Powerplay Quarterback

Exp:

https://apple.news/A4cytCaO3ShybHev82qUK6Q

Quote:
Two gunmen opened fire on a Jewish girls school in suburban Toronto early Saturday, the latest outburst of antisemitic violence in Canada to draw condemnation from political and Jewish leaders.
I hate this stuff. Find them and prosecute them. This type of intimidation has no place in Canada.
Old 05-26-2024, 11:04 AM   #6955
Zary's-Mustache
Powerplay Quarterback

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nage Waza View Post

This is so ironic it isn't even worth a response but I'll just say the hypocrisy of this post is amazing.

We don't need to imagine how Israel treats Palestinians or other religions because we are seeing it first hand and have been for decades.

Israelis spitting on christians is common place in Israel.

https://www.google.com/amp/s/amp.cnn...ng-israel-intl

Quote:
On Wednesday, Israel Police announced the establishment of a special investigation team, the expansion of overt and covert operations, and consideration of imposing fines.

The Palestinian Authority Ministry of Foreign Affairs said the spitting was part of a wider problem that leads to physical violence.

“The practice of spitting on non-Jews reflects the spread of extremism in Israeli society, especially among extremist settlers, and it is an expression of an attitude that begins with spitting and then turns into beating and killing,” the ministry said in a statement Wednesday.
There is a lot of hatred in Israel towards non jews. Heck even black jews face a lot of racism from white Israelis.

Good article by David http://www.aljazeera.com/amp/opinion...tter-in-israel

Quote:
On March 17, one of Israel’s two chief rabbis, Yitzhak Yosef, called black people “monkeys” and the Hebrew equivalent of the N-word in his weekly sermon.

So you can use your imagination on how Israelis would be treated by a Palestinian state but we already know how non jews and minority jews are treated in Israel and it's shameful.
Old 05-26-2024, 12:18 PM   #6956
Harry Lime
Franchise Player

Exp:

Q, I'm guessing that you are not a woman though, and if Wage is, not to go there by herself?

Stache, are you (or family) from the area? It sounds like there hasnt been safety from bigotry for over a millenia, and no sidestepping it. Sure, creature comforts and the sort, but hatred permeates so much.
Old 05-26-2024, 12:27 PM   #6957
Zary's-Mustache
Powerplay Quarterback

Exp:

Quote:
Q, I'm guessing that you are not a woman though, and if Wage is, not to go there by herself?

Stache, are you (or family) from the area? It sounds like there hasnt been safety from bigotry for over a millenia, and no sidestepping it. Sure, creature comforts and the sort, but hatred permeates so much.
Why do you keep asking for my religion and where I'm from?

I am not religious and a born and raised Calgarian. Hope that makes you sleep better at night.

The only hatred is coming from the Pro israeli side that you support so much. You should check yourself before looking out your window.
Old 05-26-2024, 12:34 PM   #6958
Nage Waza
Offered up a bag of cans for a custom user title

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by _Q_ View Post
Your views on what the arab world is like show that you have a deeply racist bias against that part of the world. I kind of get it, you've probably never been to anywhere in the middle east that isn't israel. You are, however, an adult and you should look in to things a bit.
Nothing racist about anything I posted no matter how you try to twist it. Palestinians voted in Hamas who murdered political opponents and the LGB community. They continue firing rockets at Israel and hiding behind innocent people. I certainly don't want them in charge anymore of anyone. That has nothing to do with other middle eastern countries which also deserve serious criticism.

Quote:
The Arab world has its problems. A good part of those issues stem from poverty. Some of them, admittedly are cultural. The Arab countries are not, however, a cartoonishly evil place where women are rounded up and beaten on a daily basis and minorities are executed. I've spent an extensive amount of time in a good number of the countries in the region, and they're really not that bad. I've had an incredible time in some of the places you seem to be deeply afraid of. Yes, there are people over there that suck, but the vast majority of the people I met are welcoming, kind and incredibly intelligent.
Sound like they deserve the criticism they get for their political systems.

Quote:
Once things simmer down over there, I implore you to visit the arab world. Start off with Jordan for example, where Israelis have been visiting now for decades without any issue.
Absolutely true, but my criticism was with a group like Hamas being the government in charge of Jewish people.
Nage Waza is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-26-2024, 01:21 PM   #6959
Pointman
First Line Centre

Exp:

Quote:
Exactly. Putting aside the multiple opportunities the government has had to get those hostages released, Netanyahu is on record noting the importance of Hamas in destabilizing the region for Israel’s “gain” (used loosely, because I doubt you’ll find many if any Israelis who see it the same way he does, especially over the past year). He’s supported them and is as much of an enabler as any leader out there.

“Release the hostages and the fighting stops” is a nice sentiment, but it’s insanely naive. But hey, some people out there still believe Al Shifa hospital was still running just fine. So maybe that’s just par for the course.
So, why don't Hamas release the hostages, if this is the opposite of what Netanyahu wants? They release hostages and, according to you, put Netanyahu in a no-win situation. So, why don't Hamas do it?
Pointman is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Pointman For This Useful Post:
Old 05-26-2024, 01:22 PM   #6960
Pointman
First Line Centre

Exp:
lanny

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fuzz View Post
I don't have a dog or a baby, so all good here. Unfortunately not so easy to be flippant if you are an innocent Palestinian with a very real concern of having your baby killed by Netanyahu and his barbaric actions. Sadly tinfoil hats don't really protect well against actual weapons which is too bad, because it could be cheap and life saving. You know what else is cheap and life saving? Not firing on them in the first place. I know this all sounds obvious, but you seem to need extra hand holding as you gaze upon the real world.
That's right, Gazans should have never fired at the first place. This war started with Gaza's attack on Israel, just in case anyone forgot it.
Pointman is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Pointman For This Useful Post: