Calgarypuck Forums - The Unofficial Calgary Flames Fan Community

Go Back   Calgarypuck Forums - The Unofficial Calgary Flames Fan Community > Main Forums > The Off Topic Forum > Tech Talk
Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 07-18-2023, 03:50 PM   #6861
chemgear
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hemi-Cuda View Post
Well I was looking forward to Diablo 4 season 1, but after looking at the patch notes for today and playing around a bit to test it I'm gonna pass. Blizzard doesn't appear to have any idea on how to make the post-campaign game more interesting or fun, their only goal appears to be to make the grind even harder with across the board damage and survivability nerfs
Yeah, they actively made it a time sink grind for sure. At least reception seems brutal across the board.

Zero quality of life fixes. 1000 nerfs for everybody lol.
chemgear is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2023, 04:00 PM   #6862
DigitalCarpenter
Backup Goalie

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hemi-Cuda View Post
Well I was looking forward to Diablo 4 season 1, but after looking at the patch notes for today and playing around a bit to test it I'm gonna pass. Blizzard doesn't appear to have any idea on how to make the post-campaign game more interesting or fun, their only goal appears to be to make the grind even harder with across the board damage and survivability nerfs
They also nerfed gear progression into the ground. I was able to collect about 1000 cinders in an average hour of hell tide and open up to 6 chaos chests if there was a chest reset that event. I tried again after the patch and barely scraped up 500 cinders and they increased the cost to 250 per chest so now you get 2 chests an hour vs 4-6. I really hate when developers double nerf things (kill drop rate + increased costs)

I did notice the whisper turn ins gave my level 90 about 790K exp which is about 3% of a level so those might be more worth while now for level progression.

I agree though, grinding only works if it is fun and not a chore, this patch pushed it towards the chore side of the scale for sure.

I love that they saw the light on the stupid item drop equals your level thing, so that was a positive but they didn't retro fix the gear dropped prior to the patch so I might as well vendor it all since I don't want to wait 90 levels to gear up alts.
DigitalCarpenter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2023, 04:24 PM   #6863
chemgear
Franchise Player

Exp:

Saw this on reddit. They definitely want to slow everybody and everything down. Don't know if it is because they have no quality of life fixes in mind or ability to actually add any kind of content.

Patch 1.1 is essentially a slowdown to every single part of the game.
All classes are nerfed.

No reduction in enchantment costs.

Helltides are slower.

Boosting is nerfed to the absolute ground.

Doing content other than Nightmare dungeons is nerfed.

Experience bonus for killing monsters of higher levels nerfed by around 90%

Crit and vulnerable damage nerfed 17% and 40% respectively, not counting the nerf to the inherent affixes to certain weapons.

It is not like this game was lightning fast to begin with, but now it is a proper slog.

They even put 2 extra seconds on teleports out of dungeons lol

The channel time for the Leave Dungeon ability has been increased from 3 to 5 seconds.
Old 07-18-2023, 08:57 PM   #6864
chemgear
Franchise Player

Exp:

Haha

Old 07-18-2023, 09:01 PM   #6865
photon
The new goggles also do nothing.

Exp:

I only played a Rogue through the campaign so going into season 1 with probably a Necro so I don't feel so bad, still lots to experience.

But man the vuln nerf I even feel it.

Are that many people just exhausting the content that fast? It feels like they're nerfing the game because of the top 5%.
Old 07-19-2023, 12:16 AM   #6866
Minnie
Franchise Player

Exp:

Finally finished Uncharted 2, I didnt play over the weekend, as we were away (usually are on weekends) -now onto 3. But, it will wait until tomorrow. Well, later today.

So far, the Uncharted games are like "aren't I a fun little game of exploring and treasure hunting?! And, mostly realistic!" and then throw Nazi zombies & mutant Yeti & resin eating gorilla men at you.

I got it teed up, ready to go. I see we're in the desert this time? So, alien camels next, I suppose.
Minnie is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Minnie For This Useful Post:
Old 07-19-2023, 08:49 AM   #6867
OutOfTheCube
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Minnie View Post
Finally finished Uncharted 2, I didnt play over the weekend, as we were away (usually are on weekends) -now onto 3. But, it will wait until tomorrow. Well, later today.

So far, the Uncharted games are like "aren't I a fun little game of exploring and treasure hunting?! And, mostly realistic!" and then throw Nazi zombies & mutant Yeti & resin eating gorilla men at you.

I got it teed up, ready to go. I see we're in the desert this time? So, alien camels next, I suppose.
Oddly enough, the supernatural stuff basically completely tapers off for the next two games, lol. U3 has a little bit of weird stuff toward the end but it's played off as when Drake is drugged up and hallucinating, and U4 doesn't have any at all, just a straight treasure hunt.
OutOfTheCube is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to OutOfTheCube For This Useful Post:
Old 07-19-2023, 08:51 AM   #6868
Kybosh
#1 Goaltender

Exp:

Welp, I'm probably going to be jumping off Diablo and into FFXVI or BG3. That's a terrible patch. I was already getting worn out with the grind, geez.
Kybosh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2023, 10:08 AM   #6869
calumniate
Franchise Player

Exp:

Have my plate full with Jagged Alliance right now. Perfect game to tie me over until BG3!
calumniate is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2023, 10:34 AM   #6870
Mazrim
CP Gamemaster

Exp:

(This is just a rant about the Diablo 4 discourse, doesn't apply to anyone specifically here, etc)

It sure feels like the desire by players to min/max every game to death on release is seeing the logical fallout now. People look up videos, guides, whatever and mindlessly follow it and wonder why they aren't enjoying the game as much as they thought they would. They put in hundreds of hours into a new game in a month and wonder why they're already bored, expecting an endlessly satisfying game loop that their nostalgia says should exist because they experienced it that way in the past. There's no way to create content as fast as they consume it.

Players - I wish they'd go back to the old days of Diablo 2. That was gaming at it's finest!
Blizzard - Here you go, level 99 is back but the game is done way before it, just like Diablo 2. We're bringing back the slog of ladders in the early 2000s!
Players - No, not like that!
Mazrim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2023, 10:55 AM   #6871
photon

Exp:

That's fair.. I wonder if it was more like a normal RPG where instead of everything scaling to your level no matter where you go there was areas that did require those high levels and ultra gear to beat if it would be better.

Because otherwise everything just feels kind of the same. I haven't done any of the high end content yet but there's not a lot of variation in the experience so far for me, about the only thing different is the strongholds, though the dungeon bosses are starting to get more interesting with some patterns.

EDIT: Or maybe the question should be what's a reasonable number of hours to expect to play to reach the level cap? 100? 200? More? Games where I've put more than 50 hours in like an AC or Divinity 2 all are that long because the content is there.
Old 07-19-2023, 11:16 AM   #6872
bdubbs
Powerplay Quarterback

Exp:

I'm also not bothering with D4 Season 1, but I decided that long before the announced nerfs. The endgame loop just isn't satisfying for me, especially coming from a game like Path of Exile where I almost have 1000 hours clocked. Just doesn't have the complexity I'm looking for, I guess.

Meanwhile, friends of mine have finished the campaign of Diablo 4 and have already dropped the game entirely because the endgame loot grind doesn't interest them.
bdubbs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2023, 11:36 AM   #6873
Kybosh
#1 Goaltender

Exp:

I'm not at end game content either. I have one character at level 61 in world tier 3 and these patch notes just sorta deflated my desire to keep playing.
Kybosh is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Kybosh For This Useful Post:
Old 07-19-2023, 11:56 AM   #6874
chemgear
Franchise Player

Exp:

Reception has been so negative they're having an emergency twitch chat to try to help address the fire on Friday.
Old 07-19-2023, 12:01 PM   #6875
bdubbs
Powerplay Quarterback

Exp:

Path of Exile 2 can't come fast enough for me
bdubbs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2023, 12:03 PM   #6876
chemgear
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by bdubbs View Post
Path of Exile 2 can't come fast enough for me
I haven't tried Path of Exile. I've heard decent things, installed it yesterday. Will give it a whirl later today.
Old 07-19-2023, 12:46 PM   #6877
photon

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by bdubbs View Post
Just doesn't have the complexity I'm looking for, I guess.
What kind of complexity? I.e. what does PoE offer in the end game?

I do remember seeing a video where it showed the skill tree and it looked really complex, but not sure that's what you're talking about.
Old 07-19-2023, 01:15 PM   #6878
Sr. Mints
First Line Centre

Exp:

My god Hogwarts Legacy is boring. It's generally slow, the dialogue is painful, and the combat is not fun. I dialed down the difficulty to the easiest setting just to breeze through the game, and it's a mild improvement. The only thing that's really holding my interest is wandering through the castle and grounds and occasionally spotting something I remembered from the movies or books.

Figured I'd pick it up again after a ~three month hiatus. I'd forgotten how dreadful it is.

4/10 after 21 hours.
Sr. Mints is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Sr. Mints For This Useful Post:
Old 07-19-2023, 01:30 PM   #6879
OutOfTheCube
Franchise Player

Exp:

We got a Meta Quest 2 headset and it's so cool. All I want to play right now.
OutOfTheCube is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2023, 03:21 PM   #6880
Minnie
Franchise Player

Exp:

Ok, I ran into my kryptonite. Foooooking spiders. Had to get the girl to do that section. Bleeeeech.

Passed on the D4 stuff y'all been talking about, to her and my son. I had 0 idea what you were talking about, so she explained it to me. How rude. </stephanietanner>
Minnie is offline   Reply With Quote