Calgarypuck Forums - The Unofficial Calgary Flames Fan Community

Go Back   Calgarypuck Forums - The Unofficial Calgary Flames Fan Community > Main Forums > The Off Topic Forum > Food and Entertainment
Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

View Poll Results: Who do you think gets to meet Lucile first?
Glenn 66 47.14%
Rosita 0 0%
Daryl 10 7.14%
Michonne 2 1.43%
Abe 31 22.14%
Maggie 4 2.86%
Rick 2 1.43%
Sasha 2 1.43%
Aaron 7 5.00%
Carl 1 0.71%
Eugene 14 10.00%
Somebody else 1 0.71%
Voters: 140. You may not vote on this poll

Old 11-16-2016, 12:49 PM   #661
CorsiHockeyLeague
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Erick Estrada View Post
I suppose but they have spent two entire episodes emphasizing how much of a bad guy Negan is. We get it. He's a cockier, sloppier, version of the Governor.
Geez, you really treat all bad guys as slight variations on a generic mold? He's nothing like the Governor.
"The great promise of the Internet was that more information would automatically yield better decisions. The great disappointment is that more information actually yields more possibilities to confirm what you already believed anyway." - Brian Eno
CorsiHockeyLeague is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2016, 01:44 PM   #662
speede5
First Line Centre

Exp:

Some people are never happy, 3 episodes and hating the new antagonist. Perhaps they could return to the farm.

Geez.
speede5 is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to speede5 For This Useful Post:
Old 11-16-2016, 01:46 PM   #663
undercoverbrother
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by speede5 View Post
Some people are never happy, 3 episodes and hating the new antagonist. Perhaps they could return to the farm.

Geez.
I honestly wonder why EE watches and posts about the show.

It is a TV show about Zombies based on a ####ing comic book.

Suspension of disbelief is important.

Corporal Jean-Marc H. BECHARD, 6 Aug 1993

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sliver View Post
Just ignore me...I'm in a mood today.
undercoverbrother is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2016, 01:54 PM   #664
Teh_Bandwagoner
First Line Centre

Exp:

Quote:
Well sure they were armed but did you see all the weapons the Alexandrians had and let's not forget it's hard to shoot people from behind a big wall. I don't see a scenario where they can get over that wall without being picked off one by one. I realize this is just fiction but really kind of silly to have the leader come out to the gate like that unarmed as how would he know that there's not a not job, trigger happy Alexandrian willing to take out a bad guy at his door? It would have been a pretty even fight if you look at the numbers and the Alexandrians would have had the upper hand of being hidden so even if they drove the truck through they would have had to get out in the open. I just thought the whole thing was kind of silly as there was no reason for Negan to be there.
Most of the weapons were locked up in the armory. I think it would have taken quite a while to notice Negan unexpectedly at the door, organize an an entire community to head to the armory and grab weapons and start killing before Negan got suspicious.

Spencer opened the gate and didn't even know who he was (unless Rick Snapchatted a pic of Negan to send to Spencer beforehand). When Rick comes by and recognizes him, I really don't think Negan would be okay with a "Hang on for like 20-30 minutes so we can grab our guns... I mean...make you a cake."

Basically they were robbed at gunpoint while their own gun was still upstairs in the drawer.

Last edited by Teh_Bandwagoner; 11-16-2016 at 01:58 PM.
Teh_Bandwagoner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2016, 01:55 PM   #665
Locke
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fuzz View Post
It's a show based on a comic book about zombies. I'll allow them some liberties to tell the story.
Srs bizness.

Quote:

Geez.
You're a monster.

I can see it though, Negan, Rick and Morgan sit down at a campfire, have some nice red wine and discuss the current socio-political landscape of post-apocalyptic Georgia and they soon realize that an economy of fear is unsustainable.

Negan comes to realize the error of his ways and repents, they round up their respective groups and determine that peace is the only path for the future, then theres some hand-holding and everyone gathers round the fire and sings kumbaya.

Its like a Coke commercial, except with more singing.

Then, together, they all gather their collective belongings and move back to the farm to establish an agrarian society using walkers in place of oxen to drive plows through the fields.

Negan founds the Zombie Apocalypse Intramural Baseball League. Morgan's team is 'The Styx.'

Roll Credits.

This Post Has Been Distilled for the Eradication of Seemingly Incurable Sadness.

If you are flammable and have legs, you are never blocking a Fire Exit. - Mitch Hedberg
Locke is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to Locke For This Useful Post:
Old 11-16-2016, 02:20 PM   #666
Yamer
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:

Geez.
As others have said, JDM is nailing this role to the wall with a sledgehammer. However, the way the character is designed to carry himself has become a little overbearing and over the top.

I don't hate him in the same way I hate other TV villains, and maybe that will change in time...or get worse, I'm not sure. It's just that his swagger and the way he talks is starting to become a little too much, and it's overshadowing how incredibly evil he is.

"I see as much misery out of them moving to justify theirselves as them that set out to do harm."
-Dr. Amos "Doc" Cochran
Yamer is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Yamer For This Useful Post:
Old 11-16-2016, 07:15 PM   #667
Strange Brew
Franchise Player

Exp:

^ that is a pretty good point. He is not exactly insidious. But even so, they are building up such strong desires for revenge with the viewing audience I wonder how long it can sustain itself. Not sure I will feel the same way about Negan a year from now.
Strange Brew is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2016, 08:36 PM   #668
iggy_oi
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yamer View Post
As others have said, JDM is nailing this role to the wall with a sledgehammer. However, the way the character is designed to carry himself has become a little overbearing and over the top.

I don't hate him in the same way I hate other TV villains, and maybe that will change in time...or get worse, I'm not sure. It's just that his swagger and the way he talks is starting to become a little too much, and it's overshadowing how incredibly evil he is.
I get the feeling they are trying to make him look this way, get you thinking he's really a bit of a punk and then bam! He's gonna do something to show he's a been a step ahead.

Just with how Rick has been acting you can tell he knows this guy is for real, and Rick has generally shown no fear in the series. Everyone else is trying to get Rick to see this situation isn't good, but right now Rick doesn't have a plan, so he's going along with things and trying to keep everyone alive until he thinks of something, or Negan does something bad enough to make him think of something.
iggy_oi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2016, 08:51 PM   #669
photon
The new goggles also do nothing.

Exp:

They want Negan to be more hated than Joffrey
Old 11-16-2016, 10:57 PM   #670
calumniate
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by photon View Post
Yeah that's a tall order, haha!
calumniate is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2016, 11:41 PM   #671
Radio
Scoring Winger

Exp:

Quote:
Well sure they were armed but did you see all the weapons the Alexandrians had and let's not forget it's hard to shoot people from behind a big wall. I don't see a scenario where they can get over that wall without being picked off one by one. I realize this is just fiction but really kind of silly to have the leader come out to the gate like that unarmed as how would he know that there's not a not job, trigger happy Alexandrian willing to take out a bad guy at his door? It would have been a pretty even fight if you look at the numbers and the Alexandrians would have had the upper hand of being hidden so even if they drove the truck through they would have had to get out in the open. I just thought the whole thing was kind of silly as there was no reason for Negan to be there.
That was the entire point of showing up then, so the Alex's aren't ready. If he shows up when he said they would then yeah they would be ready for them and ambush them.

I am glad the writers have more common sense than that.
Old 11-16-2016, 11:49 PM   #672
Alberta_Beef
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Flaming Choy View Post
On the Nerdist podcast, they had one of the producers on. They said for all of Negan's scenes, they filmed 2 versions. 1 for AMC and one for BluRay that's more accurate to the source material (F-bombs galore).
Really? This excites me.

Quote:
Originally Posted by V View Post
So Rick was afraid of hiding a gun that Negan knew nothing about, but was okay with lying about Maggie being alive, which Negan will most undoubtedly find out at some point? That seemed a little off.
Negan and the Saviours do not know about the alliance between Hilltop and Alexandria, this is why Jesus hid when they attacked the Saviours last season. It is easy to forget though since Jesus and the Hilltop have not yet been present this season.
Alberta_Beef is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2016, 07:28 AM   #673
Erick Estrada
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:

Yeah he's almost becoming more comical than evil and I don't believe that's what they are intending. This quote from a buddyTV article says it best;

Quote:
Negan is everything that was wrong with the big kills that opened the season. He is there just to shock and disgust the audience. There is no emotional weight to Negan because he doesn't seem real. He's not there to be a fully-fledged character or anything close to resembling a human being. Negan exists to be hated and that is most lazy thing that The Walking Dead could do with a villain.
Erick Estrada is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2016, 07:36 AM   #674
Hockeyguy15
Franchise Player

Exp:

So would that make EE CP's version of Negan?
Hockeyguy15 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2016, 08:00 AM   #675
Flaming Choy
Powerplay Quarterback

Exp:

Read an interesting fan theory that Darryl was sending Morse code messages to Rick.

http://www.nme.com/blogs/tv-blogs/wa...e-code-1857959
Flaming Choy is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to Flaming Choy For This Useful Post:
Old 11-17-2016, 10:32 AM   #676
speede5
First Line Centre

Exp:

The problem isnt Neagan, Rick, the difference between the books and the show, Coral etc. The problem is we have unparralleled access to information, mostly composing of blogs and opinions from people with nothing better to do, trying to post a unique viewpoint and discuss why things suck ad nauseum.

Life was so much simpler when you just watched a show and went on with your life, worrying more about getting the lawn mowed than proving you were right to a bunch of strangers on the internet. And seriously, do we need a show dedicated to discussing the show we just watched?

Rant over. I know, I'm a hypocrite. lol
speede5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2016, 10:53 AM   #677
Yamer
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by photon View Post
Spoilered Game of Thrones character discussion:

Spoiler!

What we got of Negan in last season's finale and this season's premiere was terrifying. What we got in episode 4 was just irritatingly off-putting.

I kept thinking all through that episode that this character is hella-interesting, but I kind of can't wait for them to just kill him and move on. Hopefully that changes once they flesh this out a bit more, but I would be a little disappointed and frustrated if the Negan/Savior thing carried beyond this season at this point.

"I see as much misery out of them moving to justify theirselves as them that set out to do harm."
-Dr. Amos "Doc" Cochran
Old 11-17-2016, 11:28 AM   #678
Erick Estrada
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Spoilered Game of Thrones character discussion:

Spoiler!

What we got of Negan in last season's finale and this season's premiere was terrifying. What we got in episode 4 was just irritatingly off-putting.

I kept thinking all through that episode that this character is hella-interesting, but I kind of can't wait for them to just kill him and move on. Hopefully that changes once they flesh this out a bit more, but I would be a little disappointed and frustrated if the Negan/Savior thing carried beyond this season at this point.
Seeing they are four episodes in and only now at the lowpoint of the group seeing they are weaponless and beaten down I'm not sure I can see a quick turnaround where the group defeats the Saviors by the end of the season. It's going to take some time for the side story of Darryl integrating with the Saviors to flesh out and for any scenario where Rick to get his revenge on Negan without getting the entire group taken out by the Saviors. Given episodes 1 and 4 it appears the show really wants to milk the Negan character as much as possible. To be fair while some of us find the Negan character over the top lots of people like my wife are buying the emphasis on him being this cartoon-like badass character.

Last edited by Erick Estrada; 11-17-2016 at 11:30 AM.
Erick Estrada is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2016, 11:41 AM   #679
Yamer
Franchise Player

Exp:

For sure. And the season has really started well. I've been intrigued each episode, so I'm completely willing to give them time and the benefit of the doubt that this will all balance out.

-Dr. Amos "Doc" Cochran
Old 11-17-2016, 11:47 AM   #680
Locke
Franchise Player

Exp:

Yeah, so far this season I think they're doing some really excellent story-telling and really pushing their envelope.

But I suspect they are setting us up for a swift kick to the nuts.

This Post Has Been Distilled for the Eradication of Seemingly Incurable Sadness.

If you are flammable and have legs, you are never blocking a Fire Exit. - Mitch Hedberg
Locke is offline   Reply With Quote