Calgarypuck Forums - The Unofficial Calgary Flames Fan Community

Go Back   Calgarypuck Forums - The Unofficial Calgary Flames Fan Community > Main Forums > The Off Topic Forum > Food and Entertainment
Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 12-11-2012, 12:46 PM   #661
blankall
Ate 100 Treadmills

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by MissTeeks View Post
Here's the direct link:

http://youtu.be/KVu3gS7iJu4

You can watch it from the Facebook page as well:

https://www.facebook.com/manofsteel
Lots of lens flare and an aqua colored pallete....where have I seen that before?
blankall is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2012, 12:49 PM   #662
sa226
#1 Goaltender

Exp:

The score sounds pretty generic so far. I read somewhere that they are keeping the score pretty secret for now. At least it wasn't a LOTR ripoff.

Any score should be instantly identifiable with each character\movie. Zimmer knocked it out of the park with essentially 2 notes for Batman.

I hope he does the same for Man of Steel

Last edited by sa226; 12-11-2012 at 12:52 PM.
sa226 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2012, 12:53 PM   #663
3 Justin 3
Lifetime Suspension

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by GreenLantern View Post
I think Zach Snyder's track record can speak for itself, along with a few producers/writers from the latest Batman trilogy.. I will be surprised, dare I say shocked, if this movie isn't epic.
I agree. Though Sucker Punch is probably one of the worst movies ever made in the history of film, he has made some really good films too when not left to his own source material. 300 is a good movie, the Dawn of the Dead remake was good, parts of The Watchmen were fantastic (overall it isn't that great).

With Goyer writing the film and Nolan producing, I think Snyder has enough talent around him to make a truly amazing comic book movie.

I have a Batman Begins feeling about this movie and that is a 9/10 movie. So my hopes are fairly high.
3 Justin 3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2012, 12:59 PM   #664
d_phaneuf
Franchise Player

Exp:

Ya with Snyder directing but not writing (and especially with the people behind Batman involved) I have a lot of hope

I think it's a great trailer, really like the tone they seem to have set
d_phaneuf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2012, 01:04 PM   #665
cDnStealth
First Line Centre

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by sa226 View Post
The score sounds pretty generic so far. I read somewhere that they are keeping the score pretty secret for now.

Any score should be instantly identifiable with each character\movie. Zimmer knocked it out of the park with essentially 2 notes for Batman.

I hope he does the same for Man of Steel
That's because it isn't Zimmer's score. It is an existing track produced in 2009 called Elegy by Lisa Gerrard (Gladiator & Man on Fire).
cDnStealth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2012, 01:08 PM   #666
polak
In the Sin Bin

Exp:

The trailer was decent but I still do not believe it is possible to make a good Superman movie. He is just too powerful which always riddles the movie with plot holes unless, like always, you involve Kryptonite which is the most boring "villan" ever.

Maybe this movie will change that.
polak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2012, 01:09 PM   #667
J pold
Franchise Player

Exp:

J pold is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to J pold For This Useful Post:
Old 12-11-2012, 01:35 PM   #668
GreenLantern
One of the Nine

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by polak View Post
The trailer was decent but I still do not believe it is possible to make a good Superman movie. He is just too powerful which always riddles the movie with plot holes unless, like always, you involve Kryptonite which is the most boring "villan" ever.

Or someone from the same planet as him and equally as strong?

This is where the last Superman movie missed by a mile, people want to see him punch stuff, not fall victim to a rock. Knowing what villain is cast for the film, and from the little tidbits we have seen in the trailers, it is safe to say he will punch stuff.
Old 12-11-2012, 01:50 PM   #669
Hockey_Ninja

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by polak View Post

Kryptonite doesn't really qualify as a villan. And Superman doesn't have boring villans. Lex Luthor, Doomsday, Darkseid, Zod, Bizzaro, Metallo etc. They are nowhere near the type of villains Batman has, but they are still interesting characters that have given Superman a challenge.

Last edited by Hockey_Ninja; 12-11-2012 at 02:04 PM.
Hockey_Ninja is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2012, 02:03 PM   #670
sa226
#1 Goaltender

Exp:

Lex Luthor, in my opinion is one of the best Comic Book villains.

The problem is that he has been written terribly in every on screen adaptation. Luthor is not a short chubby, campy cartoon character.

The other problem is that without some silly battlesuit, Superman can't do battle with Luthor. So that makes it tough to make a good film with Luthor as the main villain.
Old 12-11-2012, 03:41 PM   #671
Hemi-Cuda
wins 10 internets

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by sa226 View Post
Lex Luthor, in my opinion is one of the best Comic Book villains.

The problem is that he has been written terribly in every on screen adaptation. Luthor is not a short chubby, campy cartoon character.

The other problem is that without some silly battlesuit, Superman can't do battle with Luthor. So that makes it tough to make a good film with Luthor as the main villain.
the thing with Luthor though is doesn't he always end up falling back to using kryptonite against Superman? i get that he's a maniacal genius, but no matter which new ingenious method he uses kryptonite, it's still the same boring mechanic
Hemi-Cuda is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2012, 04:19 PM   #672
J Diddy
Scoring Winger

Exp:

I don't see him punching anything in the trailer. Huge fail IMO. The very first shot in the trailer should be of superman punching something...how else are they going to get all those people with a sour taste in their mouth from the last movie back on board for this movie?

I think they cast this movie well. Lets just hope superman as a kid is over with in the first 15 minutes of the movie. We don't need another Anakin incident here.

I got shivers when they first showed him in costume from behind, walking with the cape flapping in the wind.
J Diddy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2012, 04:54 PM   #673
sa226
#1 Goaltender

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hemi-Cuda View Post
the thing with Luthor though is doesn't he always end up falling back to using kryptonite against Superman? i get that he's a maniacal genius, but no matter which new ingenious method he uses kryptonite, it's still the same boring mechanic

Yes, that is certainly true. I just think Luthor is a far more interesting character with depth, than he is given credit for. He just needs the right story.

Although I found All Star superman to be kind of weird. I did like Luthor's "plan" in that story a bit refreshing. Along with the rest of the story. He lured Superman so close to the sun that his cells were over exposed to Solar radiation, causing him to eventually die. It was a theory Luthor went with, and it worked.

Last edited by sa226; 12-11-2012 at 04:56 PM.
Old 12-11-2012, 04:59 PM   #674
dammage79
Franchise Player

Exp:

This version of superman looks good. Although I was one of the six people across the planet that actually didnt mind Superman returns.
dammage79 is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to dammage79 For This Useful Post:
Old 12-11-2012, 05:53 PM   #675
photon
The new goggles also do nothing.

Exp:

I don't like how he looks, less boy scout and more Rick Grimes, but not a huge issue.

I don't think you need a not-invulnerable hero to tell a good story.. the story can be about a lot of things other than just not dying, and a how Superman became Superman (not physically, but his character) is one story I'd be a total sucker for.
Old 12-11-2012, 08:48 PM   #676
J Diddy
Scoring Winger

Exp:

Trailer for a documentary about Music Downloading. Looks interesting.

Last edited by J Diddy; 12-11-2012 at 08:54 PM.
Old 12-12-2012, 09:28 AM   #677
GreenLantern
One of the Nine

Exp:

Spoiler!

So yes, he will punch stuff.
Old 12-12-2012, 10:37 AM   #678
mac_82
Powerplay Quarterback

Exp:

New Trailer for G.I. Joe: Retaliation

http://movies.yahoo.com/video/g-joe-...163139765.html
mac_82 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2012, 10:49 AM   #679
GreenLantern
One of the Nine

Exp:

After this Willis will talk Johnson into Expendables 3, and the circle of life shall be complete.
Old 12-12-2012, 01:09 PM   #680
J Diddy
Scoring Winger

Exp:

Doesn't look like Joseph Gordon Levitt is returning as Cobra Commander