Calgarypuck Forums - The Unofficial Calgary Flames Fan Community

Go Back   Calgarypuck Forums - The Unofficial Calgary Flames Fan Community > Main Forums > Fire on Ice: The Calgary Flames Forum
Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Closed Thread

Old 11-27-2013, 10:49 PM   #641
combustiblefuel
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scoutski View Post
I sort of know what the response to this is going to be... but the guy seems to have a serious passion for what he does and I think he hates losing and probably puts a lot of it on himself. I'm not going to put too much fault on a player for making a mistake when I feel like they're committed to competing their heart out. I am convinced that he falls into this category.

That being said, the book is still out on whether this guy sticks and good luck to him regardless. I just think emotionally, he's probably really feeling this one after going a solid ~50 minutes without letting in a goal to a championship team and then letting in 3 at the end of the game. I expect that to weigh pretty heavily on him.
I agree . probably feels like reimer after game 7.
Old 11-27-2013, 10:51 PM   #642
kehatch
First Line Centre

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by GirlySports View Post
I don't think any goal was Berras fault. The last one was a tricky backhand around the defenseman.

backhands are tough for goalies because of the angle it comes off the stick.
He doesn't give himself a chance to stop it. He isn't square. He isn't big. He is way to active and he is constantly putting himself out of position.

He makes some crazy saves. But a good chunk of them were simple saves that looked exciting because he was playing them out of position.

Berra lacks the fundamentals. He isn't a good or even decent NHL goalie.
The Following User Says Thank You to kehatch For This Useful Post:
Old 11-27-2013, 10:52 PM   #643
Trojan97
First Line Centre

Exp:

First goal was redirected by Russell. Second goal Berra is completely screened by two guys on the pass and Sharp is left alone in the slot. Not sure what he's supposed to do there. Third goal was pretty bad but shouldn't have even happened if Sven does his job.

Sven wears the horns tonight. No question about that.
Old 11-27-2013, 10:53 PM   #644
kehatch
First Line Centre

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by PeteLFan View Post
Sven needs to be taught a lesson. He's been awful all season long. Seems like benching and the coaching is not getting through too him.
The rebuild is going to be tough on you. Baertschi struggled at times tonight but his overall game has really improved over the past two weeks. He looks just fine for a rookie.

Awful all season long. Sheesh.
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to kehatch For This Useful Post:
Old 11-27-2013, 10:54 PM   #645
Wastedyouth
Truculent!

Exp:

Reto Berra is garbage. Wow, Hartley needs to pull his head out of his ass.
Old 11-27-2013, 10:56 PM   #646
Scoutski
Powerplay Quarterback

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by nik- View Post
Most professional sports players have passion and hate to lose. That doesn't mean they win.
Perhaps that previous statement wasn't particularly clear, I mean more the way he handles his emotions.

Take for example Monahan in this game who is clearly a passionate player, but his composure seems quite different, re: his face after scoring a goal to put his team up 2 - 0, ice cold and ready to get the job done.

Berra is the type of guy I could see (no offense to him of course) crying and getting pretty upset about it, quite possibly beating himself up about it.
Old 11-27-2013, 11:09 PM   #647
Inferno
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by combustiblefuel View Post
You are a minority here
lol, only if you choose to ignore every other post telling him to give Ramo a start.
Closed Thread