Calgarypuck Forums - The Unofficial Calgary Flames Fan Community

Go Back   Calgarypuck Forums - The Unofficial Calgary Flames Fan Community > Main Forums > The Off Topic Forum > Food and Entertainment
Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

View Poll Results: Do you think Glenn is alive?
Yes 51 50.50%
No 50 49.50%
Voters: 101. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread

Old 03-30-2016, 08:22 AM   #6561
Fuzz
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by undercoverbrother View Post
I am not buying that Darryl got shot.

My guess is they shot Rossita, and the "he'll be ok" is more to do with him being covered in his friend's brain.

But I have been wrong before.
On talking dead they say that yes it is Daryl who got shot, and no, he is not dead. So a flesh wound then.
The Following User Says Thank You to Fuzz For This Useful Post:
Old 03-30-2016, 10:00 AM   #6562
undercoverbrother
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fuzz View Post
On talking dead they say that yes it is Daryl who got shot, and no, he is not dead. So a flesh wound then.
I don't watch the Talking Dead.

Who said it was Darryl? Was it confirmation or postulation?

Corporal Jean-Marc H. BECHARD, 6 Aug 1993

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sliver View Post
Just ignore me...I'm in a mood today.
Old 03-30-2016, 10:04 AM   #6563
Fuzz
Franchise Player

Exp:

I don't really watch either, it was kinda noise in the background, but I think it was Michone's character, and it wasn't conjecture. Basically straight up, he's not dead, and ya,it was his blood.
Old 03-30-2016, 10:18 AM   #6564
GoinAllTheWay
Franchise Player

Exp:

It's absolutely Daryl that gets shot. And it certainly looks shoulder area to me.

Old 03-30-2016, 11:11 AM   #6565
Yamer
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by undercoverbrother View Post
I don't watch the Talking Dead.

Who said it was Darryl? Was it confirmation or postulation?
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fuzz View Post
I don't really watch either, it was kinda noise in the background, but I think it was Michone's character, and it wasn't conjecture. Basically straight up, he's not dead, and ya,it was his blood.
It was one of the producers, Denise Huth. She didn't flat out say that "he isn't dead", but it was strongly implied.

It has also been announced that Norman Reedus (Darryl) will be on the Talking Dead season finale. Sometimes this means the character will be killed off, but in those instances it's usually announced as "a secret cast member" to keep the mystery.

I think it's pretty clear it's a ploy to encourage people to tune in with the anticipation that Darryl might be killed off.

"I see as much misery out of them moving to justify theirselves as them that set out to do harm."
-Dr. Amos "Doc" Cochran
The Following User Says Thank You to Yamer For This Useful Post:
Old 03-30-2016, 12:14 PM   #6566
Erick Estrada
Franchise Player

Exp:

Does anyone think the series is going overboard with the cheap suspense of always making it look like a main character is about to get killed off at the end of episodes? I realize they are going to continue to tease us with these close calls where they survive only to out of the blue shock us when one main character actually does die and it makes for great water cooler talk but you can have too much of a good thing.
The Following User Says Thank You to Erick Estrada For This Useful Post:
Old 03-30-2016, 12:50 PM   #6567
GreenLantern
One of the Nine

Exp:

It is starting to remind me of an 80's cartoon where every commercial break the Ninja Turtles were about to die, only to replay the first few seconds of it afterwards and they narrowly escape. Every. Damn. Time.

At least we know there is no way the turtles could fit under the dumpster with those shells!
Old 03-30-2016, 12:59 PM   #6568
undercoverbrother
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by GreenLantern View Post
It is starting to remind me of an 80's cartoon where every commercial break the Ninja Turtles were about to die, only to replay the first few seconds of it afterwards and they narrowly escape. Every. Damn. Time.

At least we know there is no way the turtles could fit under the dumpster with those shells!

Corporal Jean-Marc H. BECHARD, 6 Aug 1993

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sliver View Post
Just ignore me...I'm in a mood today.
The Following User Says Thank You to undercoverbrother For This Useful Post:
Old 03-31-2016, 10:03 AM   #6569
smiggy77
Powerplay Quarterback

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Erick Estrada View Post
Does anyone think the series is going overboard with the cheap suspense of always making it look like a main character is about to get killed off at the end of episodes? I realize they are going to continue to tease us with these close calls where they survive only to out of the blue shock us when one main character actually does die and it makes for great water cooler talk but you can have too much of a good thing.

I agree it's getting a bit too much and going too overboard on the foreshadowing. Glen's almost death was great because it happened at the end of the season and Beth's was so random that literally it was upsetting.

Now it's like okay who's gonna die or almost die and miraculously live. A bit annoying
Old 03-31-2016, 10:42 AM   #6570
Nyah
First Line Centre

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by smiggy77 View Post
Glen's almost death
Which one?
The Following User Says Thank You to Nyah For This Useful Post:
Old 03-31-2016, 10:58 AM   #6571
habernac
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by OutOfTheCube View Post
Weird there wasn't any resolution to the one guy surviving the Carol attack and wandering off into the field after Rick and Morgan.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Locke View Post
I thought we saw him wandering into the field after Rick and Morgan?

I assumed it was his blood they were following because he was shot in the shoulder.
There was a quick clip of him holding the crucifix in the season finale trailer
Old 03-31-2016, 11:20 AM   #6572
smiggy77
Powerplay Quarterback

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nyah View Post
Which one?

Lol the many of them. But the one with Nick felt gut wrenching in the moment
Old 03-31-2016, 11:29 AM   #6573
Erick Estrada
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by smiggy77 View Post
Now it's like okay who's gonna die or almost die and miraculously live. A bit annoying
It's all good in small doses but you can't go week to week making that your focal point to derive suspense. Game of Thrones does it well because main characters do die abruptly at times but it's story driven not cliffhanger cheap. It's been a decent season but all over the place in that they introduce us to new characters (Jesus and his group) and storylines and then it's off to the next crisis without fully developing these new people or stories.

Last edited by Erick Estrada; 03-31-2016 at 11:32 AM.
The Following User Says Thank You to Erick Estrada For This Useful Post:
Old 03-31-2016, 05:12 PM   #6574
Alberta_Beef
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
It's all good in small doses but you can't go week to week making that your focal point to derive suspense. Game of Thrones does it well because main characters do die abruptly at times but it's story driven not cliffhanger cheap. It's been a decent season but all over the place in that they introduce us to new characters (Jesus and his group) and storylines and then it's off to the next crisis without fully developing these new people or stories.
a TV series based on a series of novels is completely different than one based on comic books, this cliffhanger thing you are complaining about is very comic-book-esque
The Following User Says Thank You to Alberta_Beef For This Useful Post:
Old 04-01-2016, 10:35 AM   #6575
sadora
First Line Centre

Exp:

Quote:
The introduction of Jesus & the Hilltop community, the Saviours, is the beginning of much larger story arc that will continue to develop into a couple of seasons at least so I'm sure that further character development will come.

Last edited by sadora; 04-01-2016 at 12:40 PM.
Old 04-01-2016, 11:05 AM   #6576
blankall
Ate 100 Treadmills

Exp:

Quote:
What are you talking about? GoT left us with like 10 different cliffhangers at the end of last season. They literally left almost all of the main characters in precarious situations with us wondering what the F will happen to them: J. Snow, Dany, Arya, Stannis, Theon, Sansa...pretty much every protagonist is in some kind of serious trouble.

Edit: Also, because a show isn't as good as GoT doesn't mean it's bad. GoT is really really good.

Last edited by blankall; 04-01-2016 at 11:17 AM.
Old 04-01-2016, 12:24 PM   #6577
Erick Estrada
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by blankall View Post
Edit: Also, because a show isn't as good as GoT doesn't mean it's bad. GoT is really really good.
Who said it was bad?
Old 04-01-2016, 02:41 PM   #6578
ClubFlames
Posted the 2 millionth post!

Exp:

No idea if this was posted before.

The Following User Says Thank You to ClubFlames For This Useful Post:
Old 04-03-2016, 05:09 PM   #6579
SportsJunky
Uncle Chester

Exp:

I'm psyched for tonight's finale. Lots of speculation floating around out there. I'll see you guys here, after the episode.
Old 04-03-2016, 06:03 PM   #6580
calgarywinning
First Line Centre

Exp:

I was totally going over the episode cliffhanger writing that has become the walking dead norm. I prefer it when it's natural to the story, you have the shock of the death and get to see the characters deal with the circumstances vs using it to build false suspense and the "until next time will our heroes make it".

The actor that plays Neegan is really great, can't wait to see him in action finally.
The Following User Says Thank You to calgarywinning For This Useful Post:
Closed Thread

Tags
brains! , i ate your momma , zombies