Calgarypuck Forums - The Unofficial Calgary Flames Fan Community

Go Back   Calgarypuck Forums - The Unofficial Calgary Flames Fan Community > Main Forums > The Off Topic Forum > Food and Entertainment
Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

View Poll Results: Do you think Glenn is alive?
Yes 51 50.50%
No 50 49.50%
Voters: 101. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread

Old 03-28-2016, 04:08 PM   #6541
Locke
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wormius View Post
They do have exceptionally long fingernails when born. I guess some clawing could happen.

There isn't a lot of realism in the way that fully grown walkers can continue to move around with no or rotting muscles and having consumed 0 calories for months. I could see a fetus, in this universe, doing some damage.
Small gnawing is still painful!

This Post Has Been Distilled for the Eradication of Seemingly Incurable Sadness.

If you are flammable and have legs, you are never blocking a Fire Exit. - Mitch Hedberg
Old 03-28-2016, 04:30 PM   #6542
undercoverbrother
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wormius View Post
They do have exceptionally long fingernails when born. I guess some clawing could happen.

There isn't a lot of realism in the way that fully grown walkers can continue to move around with no or rotting muscles and having consumed 0 calories for months. I could see a fetus, in this universe, doing some damage.
I was wondering the other day if walkers poop and pee.

I mean not consciously, but does the meat they eat pass through their systems and "leak" out the back end.

Corporal Jean-Marc H. BECHARD, 6 Aug 1993

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sliver View Post
Just ignore me...I'm in a mood today.
Old 03-28-2016, 05:13 PM   #6543
JiriHrdina
I believe in the Pony Power

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by undercoverbrother View Post
I was wondering the other day if walkers poop and pee.

I mean not consciously, but does the meat they eat pass through their systems and "leak" out the back end.
They don't have functioning organ so it should literally just drop through them, apart from the chewing. But they probably don't show that because it is kidna gross.
Old 03-28-2016, 05:27 PM   #6544
Locke
Franchise Player

Exp:

The Walkers are more of an idea than a practicality. I mean, they're dead, how can their system process nutrients to keep them dead?

They just simply exist until you kill them.

This Post Has Been Distilled for the Eradication of Seemingly Incurable Sadness.

If you are flammable and have legs, you are never blocking a Fire Exit. - Mitch Hedberg
Old 03-28-2016, 05:32 PM   #6545
Radio
Scoring Winger

Exp:

Wasn't it in season 2 where Daryl cut one open looking for parts of Sophia, turned out to be a possum.
Old 03-28-2016, 05:54 PM   #6546
MPE907
Crash and Bang Winger

Exp:

I think what Morgan was getting at was that the wolf went out of his way to save Denise, and therefore he changed, and therefore everybody can "change". Although you could argue he was only saving her because he needed medical care and she was really his only hope at getting that. But is Morgan really going to sit down and tell the next prisoner/prisoners they take his Eastman story and expect them to change too, and have it work out for them like it did for Morgan?

Can't wait for the finale, although I can't help but feel that a major character is getting killed off. There's been a lot of hype and build up for this Negan fellow, and how many of his people has Rick's group killed? I'm going to assume he is quite pissed off now.

This was the first season I watched that I didn't binge, definitely more fun to follow along on a week to week basis instead of consuming 5 years worth of show in just a couple of weeks.
Old 03-28-2016, 06:04 PM   #6547
Radio
Scoring Winger

Exp:

That's the discussion I had with my wife. She was drinking the Morgan Kool-aid and I basically said those same things to her. That if Morgan had just killed that Wolf he never would have kidnapped Denise in the first place and the only reason he saved her was for himself not because he had "changed". If he had changed he would have given her the choice of coming with him or letting her go.

That would have been a better moral conundrum. He let's her go because he has a change of heart, tries to escape Alexandria and Carol guns him down in the street.
Old 03-28-2016, 09:56 PM   #6548
Temporary_User
#1 Goaltender

Exp:

I don't know why, but I have a suspicion that the guy Carol didn't kill hid in Rick's trunk and is now within the gates.

Old 03-29-2016, 08:22 AM   #6549
Locke
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Temporary_User View Post
I don't know why, but I have a suspicion that the guy Carol didn't kill hid in Rick's trunk and is now within the gates.
I thought we saw him wandering into the field after Rick and Morgan?

I assumed it was his blood they were following because he was shot in the shoulder.

Old 03-29-2016, 08:55 AM   #6550
FlamesAddiction
Franchise Player

Exp:

The action was good and everything, but I really didn't like the decision making in this part of the story. Basically the whole A-team decided it made sense to leave the safety of their home and leave the weaker people exposed. Darryl has always been a little irrational and a loner, so I can see him acting out like that. But I am not really buying Carol's reasons (not even sure if I understand what she is thinking), and I really didn't understand why the others all went out chasing after them. It's like they are craving danger or something.

I thought the scene with Rick and Michone in bed was interesting. It kind looked like they pushing the idea that "it's good to be king". It kind of sets up the Negan confrontation well as the higher someone is built up, the harder they fall. I suspect Negan is going to be a more advanced version of Rick. A morally good person inside that is too far gone now and is full on psychopath.
Old 03-29-2016, 10:58 AM   #6551
Radio
Scoring Winger

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Locke View Post
I thought we saw him wandering into the field after Rick and Morgan?

I assumed it was his blood they were following because he was shot in the shoulder.
He was hiding in the trees when Rick and Morgan showed up and followed after them, meaning they couldn't be following his trail if he's following them. It was unclear who's blood trail they were following since Carol didn't appear to be hurt.

They did catch up to that Carol wannabe walker, so I assume they were following the wrong trail. I half expected Rick to run into the guy following them though.
Old 03-29-2016, 08:11 PM   #6552
csnarpy
First Line Centre

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Radio View Post
He was hiding in the trees when Rick and Morgan showed up and followed after them, meaning they couldn't be following his trail if he's following them. It was unclear who's blood trail they were following since Carol didn't appear to be hurt.

They did catch up to that Carol wannabe walker, so I assume they were following the wrong trail. I half expected Rick to run into the guy following them though.
Carol didn't appear to be hurt before she went after the knife dude, there's a good chance that he nicked her when they went head to head.
The Following User Says Thank You to csnarpy For This Useful Post:
Old 03-29-2016, 10:05 PM   #6553
calgarybornnraised
Powerplay Quarterback

Exp:

So Darryl got shot, Carol ran away, Glenn and Michonne captured, Maggie in trouble.

I know I'm missing more,but holy crap the "Finale"is going to be Awesome
Old 03-29-2016, 10:24 PM   #6554
Machiavelli
Franchise Player

Exp:

That was some stank eye Rosita gave Sasha.

Abe must have some hidden talents.
Old 03-30-2016, 12:08 AM   #6555
getbak
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Machiavelli View Post
That was some stank eye Rosita gave Sasha.

Abe must have some hidden talents.
Free mustache rides.
Old 03-30-2016, 01:13 AM   #6556
Textcritic
Acerbic Cyberbully

Exp:

For my lecture on Jewish apocalypticism in class today, I gave a presentation of my most recently published journal article: "Zombies in America and at Qumran: AMC's The Walking Dead, the Dead Sea Scrolls, and Apocalyptic Redux," Journal of Religion and Popular Culture 27/2 (2015): 148–63.

http://muse.jhu.edu/login?auth=0&typ...7.2.davis.html
Quote:
ABSTRACT: The surging popularity of zombies in modern American fiction, film, and television is rooted in a form of “a-religious” apocalypticism: a fatalistic view of the world and the future without any hope for deliverance. This worldview contains a handful of intriguing similarities with the ancient Jewish eschatological expectations that appear in the Dead Sea Scrolls. This study surveys four prominent themes that are shared between the scrolls and the American hit television series, The Walking Dead: (1) expectations for the “last days”; (2) a persecution complex that produces doctrines of a “remnant”; (3) need for social preservation through “ritual” purity; and (4) “insider / outsider” polemics. This comparative exercise attempts to show how zombies in popular culture are one reflection of our own existential, socio-economic angst that finds expression in a post-modern, post-Christian context.

Quote:
Originally Posted by woob
"...harem warfare? like all your wives dressup and go paintballing?"
"The Lying Pen of Scribes" Ancient Manuscript Forgeries Project
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Textcritic For This Useful Post:
Old 03-30-2016, 07:47 AM   #6557
Erick Estrada
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by calgarybornnraised View Post
So Darryl got shot, Carol ran away, Glenn and Michonne captured, Maggie in trouble.

They definitely wanted to ensure that as many people tuned in as possible for the finale given the way they left most of the main characters in situations of dire straits. Should be a good one but I hope they resist the urge to have the good guys wipe out all of the bad guys Rambo style as has been the theme most of this season.
Old 03-30-2016, 08:01 AM   #6558
Locke
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Erick Estrada View Post
They definitely wanted to ensure that as many people tuned in as possible for the finale given the way they left most of the main characters in situations of dire straits. Should be a good one but I hope they resist the urge to have the good guys wipe out all of the bad guys Rambo style as has been the theme most of this season.
Well I'm guessing that next season is the season of Negan, so I doubt they're going to win it all in one episode.

Old 03-30-2016, 08:02 AM   #6559
undercoverbrother
Franchise Player

Exp:
Icon23

Quote:
Originally Posted by calgarybornnraised View Post

I am not buying that Darryl got shot.

My guess is they shot Rossita, and the "he'll be ok" is more to do with him being covered in his friend's brain.

But I have been wrong before.

Quote:
The Following User Says Thank You to undercoverbrother For This Useful Post:
Old 03-30-2016, 08:02 AM   #6560
undercoverbrother
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Locke View Post
Well I'm guessing that next season is the season of Negan, so I doubt they're going to win it all in one episode.
Don't forget about Morgan and his jail cell!!!!

Quote:
Closed Thread

Tags
brains! , i ate your momma , zombies