Calgarypuck Forums - The Unofficial Calgary Flames Fan Community

Go Back   Calgarypuck Forums - The Unofficial Calgary Flames Fan Community > Main Forums > Fire on Ice: The Calgary Flames Forum
Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 09-30-2022, 09:29 AM   #6541
Paulie Walnuts
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by getbak View Post
The Oilers don't have the cap space to add any salary.

In fact, CapFriendly shows them $7.6 million over the cap with a 22 man roster right now and Klefbom and Smith will only buy them $6.4 million in LTIR space. So, they need to shed at least $1.2 million just to be cap compliant but they're somehow going to add Chychrun's $4.6 million while only giving up snot boy's $3 million?
Don't forget they are getting Patrick Kane as well, so they need more cap space available.
Paulie Walnuts is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Paulie Walnuts For This Useful Post:
Old 09-30-2022, 09:53 AM   #6542
Erick Estrada
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by PegCityFlamesFan View Post
Check some of the Flames proposals here too.
Every fan base includes proposals of their junk for quality players but we are laughing at the Oilers organization making their average prospects untouchable in in regards to acquiring legit NHL talent. I'm not as high on Chychrun as some here but he would immediately become their franchise defenseman.
Erick Estrada is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-2022, 12:17 PM   #6543
Tkachukwagon
Powerplay Quarterback

Exp:

https://twitter.com/user/status/1575867526961328128
Tkachukwagon is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to Tkachukwagon For This Useful Post:
Old 09-30-2022, 12:19 PM   #6544
Enoch Root
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
There is a difference between random fan proposals and the organization feeling that way
Enoch Root is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-2022, 12:26 PM   #6545
saillias
#1 Goaltender

Exp:

Quote:
Sure, but weirdly this summer I'm seeing the opposite. Many of proposals are trying to give Hanifin away for a prospect or less valuable player. Meanwhile we have NHL insiders saying the asking price from Boston for Hanifin was Pastrnak
saillias is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-2022, 02:47 PM   #6546
Sandman
Franchise Player

Exp:

Flyers put 23 yo LW Isaac Ratcliffe on waivers. He’s a former second-rounder, and is 6’6”. He can skate well for a big man, and plays a solid two-way game. Will be interesting to see if he gets claimed.

ARZ claimed G Jonas Johansson from COL yesterday.

Last edited by Sandman; 09-30-2022 at 02:51 PM.
Sandman is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Sandman For This Useful Post:
Old 09-30-2022, 02:56 PM   #6547
FlamesAddiction
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sandman View Post
Flyers put 23 yo LW Isaac Ratcliffe on waivers. He’s a former second-rounder, and is 6’6”. He can skate well for a big man, and plays a solid two-way game. Will be interesting to see if he gets claimed.

ARZ claimed G Jonas Johansson from COL yesterday.
Ratcliffe is an interesting one. I think he is a similar caliber prospect to Ruzicka at this point. I wouldn't be surprised to see someone claim him.
Old 10-03-2022, 10:29 AM   #6548
stemit14
First Line Centre

Exp:

I think most of us will agree the flames are in the market for a top 6 right winger. I’m still hoping Dube runs with the opportunity and solidifies himself in that position. Firing the solution internally is by far the best option.

However, if that is not the case, can anyone think of a legit top six right winger that is likely available for trade right now? I’m struggling to think of one that fits and would also be available. And at what cost?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
stemit14 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2022, 10:33 AM   #6549
Toonage
Taking a while to get to 5000

Exp:

nm
Toonage is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2022, 10:38 AM   #6550
GioforPM
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by stemit14 View Post
I think most of us will agree the flames are in the market for a top 6 right winger. I’m still hoping Dube runs with the opportunity and solidifies himself in that position. Firing the solution internally is by far the best option.

However, if that is not the case, can anyone think of a legit top six right winger that is likely available for trade right now? I’m struggling to think of one that fits and would also be available. And at what cost?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Any that are available are from sellers, so the cost would be futures. Cap would be an issue. You could probably get Konecny for example, but he costs $5M against your cap. And he scored fewer goals than Dube last year.
GioforPM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2022, 10:43 AM   #6551
Ozy_Flame

Posted the 6 millionth post!

Exp:

If it's not absolutely urgent to get a RW, I think the Flames might be better off getting a young tweener who clearly has the skills to play RW but needs some great coaching and a bit more patience. It would cost an arm and a leg to get an established top-six RW at the moment, and I think we have the talent to rotate with the new asset where needed to develop the game. Maybe someone with a 1-2 year window before really hitting it big.

Am thinking some 'dark horse' player out there that is excess or overlooked by another team, but just needs a chance. Also doesn't have to be in the NHL/draft system. Could look at Europe too if needed.
Ozy_Flame is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2022, 08:38 PM   #6552
SaskyFlamesFan
Crash and Bang Winger

Exp:

I wonder if Timo Meier could be had as a rental at some point this year. He is an RFA at the end of the year, his cap hit is 6 million but his actual salary is 10 million. That makes for a huge QO, would the Sharks be willing to put that on the table. If they can’t get him signed to a reasonable extension, maybe he becomes tradeable.
SaskyFlamesFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2022, 08:58 PM   #6553
bluejays
Franchise Player

Exp:

I'm just throwing it out there but I can't see Seattle stuck to any of their players. Totally see a guy like Eberle dealt at some point in the season. Too lazy to look up his salary but he's a good complementary piece. Not ideal, as I'd prefer a bigger player who makes his own plays, but I wouldn't complain too much if Eberle is brought in for a cheap cost.
bluejays is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2022, 09:05 PM   #6554
activeStick
Franchise Player

Exp:

This season and next left on his contract at 5.5M per.
activeStick is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to activeStick For This Useful Post:
Old 10-03-2022, 09:33 PM   #6555
GioforPM
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by bluejays View Post
I'm just throwing it out there but I can't see Seattle stuck to any of their players. Totally see a guy like Eberle dealt at some point in the season. Too lazy to look up his salary but he's a good complementary piece. Not ideal, as I'd prefer a bigger player who makes his own plays, but I wouldn't complain too much if Eberle is brought in for a cheap cost.
On Seattle I’d look at Donskoi. A very outlier season last year, but otherwise a good RW and a pending UFA they won’t want to keep.
GioforPM is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to GioforPM For This Useful Post:
Old 10-07-2022, 11:38 PM   #6556
The Wolfman
Draft Pick

With weegs locked up long term do we move a d man for a right winger? I get wanting to see what we have but getting off to a slow start is a risky gamble. I would love to try and pry poolparty with his small dumb helmet out of Edmonton. I know unrealistic but man I would love to get him just to shove it up Oilers nations hoop when he becomes that top 3 pick everyone thought he would
The Wolfman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2022, 01:06 PM   #6557
Enoch Root
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Wolfman View Post
With weegs locked up long term do we move a d man for a right winger? I get wanting to see what we have but getting off to a slow start is a risky gamble. I would love to try and pry poolparty with his small dumb helmet out of Edmonton. I know unrealistic but man I would love to get him just to shove it up Oilers nations hoop when he becomes that top 3 pick everyone thought he would
The Oilers have to shave some cap. And trading Puljujarvi is one of the possible ways they go about it. Also, they could use another defenseman. Possible options: Kylington, Mackey, Meloche.

Kylington: doubt the FLames would be keen on sending him to EDM. Also, Kylington's cap is $2.5M and JP is $3.0M, so they would only save $500k, which probably isn't enough for them.

Meloche: to me, this might make sense for the Oilers, as they would save $2.05M in cap, and it might make them more comfortable about moving Barrie. Flames would be adding $2.05M in cap.

Mackey: this might make the most sense for both teams - Oilers get a LD, incase Broberg isn't ready. And they save $2.087M.

For the Flames, if they can add the $2.1M or so, adding PJ makes their top 9 look a little deeper:

Huberdeau - Lindholm - Toffoli
Mangiapane - Kadri - Dube
Coleman - Backlund - Puljujarvi

And while PJ can look lost positionally at times, one would think that playing with Backs and Coleman would be just what the doctor ordered for him.

I think Mackey for PJ is a trade both teams could live with.
The Following User Says Thank You to Enoch Root For This Useful Post:
Old 10-08-2022, 01:17 PM   #6558
VilleN
First Line Centre

Exp:

EDM isn’t trading Puljgfygvbddarvi to CGY IMO.
VilleN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2022, 01:35 PM   #6559
Enoch Root
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by VilleN View Post
EDM isn’t trading Puljgfygvbddarvi to CGY IMO.
agreed, just illustrating a trade that I think makes sense for both teams
The Following User Says Thank You to Enoch Root For This Useful Post:
Old 10-08-2022, 01:36 PM   #6560
dammage79
Franchise Player

Exp:

I'm really curious what's up with the Kylington family.

This is a long term LoA.