Calgarypuck Forums - The Unofficial Calgary Flames Fan Community

Go Back   Calgarypuck Forums - The Unofficial Calgary Flames Fan Community > Main Forums > The Off Topic Forum > Food and Entertainment
Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

View Poll Results: Who do you think gets to meet Lucile first?
Glenn 66 47.14%
Rosita 0 0%
Daryl 10 7.14%
Michonne 2 1.43%
Abe 31 22.14%
Maggie 4 2.86%
Rick 2 1.43%
Sasha 2 1.43%
Aaron 7 5.00%
Carl 1 0.71%
Eugene 14 10.00%
Somebody else 1 0.71%
Voters: 140. You may not vote on this poll

Old 11-14-2016, 08:06 AM   #601
ken0042
Playboy Mansion Poolboy

Location: Close enough to make a beer run during a TV timeout
Exp:

If they knew the Saviors were going to come and take all of their stuff (or half), why even have the inventory list? Why not burn it the moment you get back?
ken0042 is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to ken0042 For This Useful Post:
Old 11-14-2016, 08:08 AM   #602
Roof-Daddy
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by ken0042 View Post
If they knew the Saviors were going to come and take all of their stuff (or half), why even have the inventory list? Why not burn it the moment you get back?
I think it's because Rick knows if he's not completely transparent and gets caught someone from his group is going to die and he's going to have watch Negan bash their skull in.
Roof-Daddy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2016, 08:12 AM   #603
ken0042
Playboy Mansion Poolboy

Exp:

I meant before Negan showed up? I would be surprised that there was only a 2 gun discrepancy.
Old 11-14-2016, 08:37 AM   #604
habernac
Franchise Player

Exp:

This series is full of poor decisions by this group, none of this should be surprising by now.
habernac is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to habernac For This Useful Post:
Old 11-14-2016, 08:38 AM   #605
Cali Panthers Fan
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fuzz View Post
So a few open ender's here....

Rick seams convinced at the moment this is their new life. Who, or what event will change his mind? or will the others act individually or as a group without him knowing to go after Negan?

They seam to be setting Daryl up to be on Negan's side. Is he really broken, or just pretending until the opportunity arises? Will he defend Negan against Rick's group if it comes to that?

A few of the Negan's are picking up on Negan's tactics. Will one of them take over if Negan is gone? We also see near the end Rick use a Negan tactic on Spencer, and he seams pleased with himself that it worked.
AAARRRGGGHHHH!!!

*seem(s)*

Sorry, 3 times in one post wakes the demon inside me.
Cali Panthers Fan is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Cali Panthers Fan For This Useful Post:
Old 11-14-2016, 08:41 AM   #606
Fuzz
Franchise Player

Exp:

LOL. Sorry, will attempt to suck less.
Fuzz is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2016, 08:49 AM   #607
Strange Brew
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alberta_Beef View Post
It's not televised on a broadcast network, so they can pretty much get away with whatever language they like. But it does appear AMC frowns upon the F word and I think someone posted something saying they will basically only allow it once per season. Believe it or not due to the lack of F bombs, the television version of Negan is toned down significantly.
AMC is a cable network, but it's not a premium subscription channel a la HBO. HBO shows R rated programming, including nudity, coarse language, extreme violence etc.

Cable channels can't do all this. There are lots of words Walking Dead doesn't use and there is no nudity. But they certainly are pushing the boundary on language and I can't remember when I have heard such a variety of salty language in 60 minutes on cable TV, particularly Negan's final comment to Rick.

The famous IFT episode of Breaking Bad had the volume turned down at the moment she laid it on Walter.
Strange Brew is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2016, 09:10 AM   #608
undercoverbrother
Franchise Player

Exp:

I think this is building to an alliance between Alexandria, The Hilltop and The Kingdom.

They team up against the Saviors.

Corporal Jean-Marc H. BECHARD, 6 Aug 1993

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sliver View Post
Just ignore me...I'm in a mood today.
undercoverbrother is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to undercoverbrother For This Useful Post:
Old 11-14-2016, 10:49 AM   #609
Yamer
Franchise Player

Exp:

Is it just me, or is Negan's schtick already wearing kind of thin? Like, I mean his mannerisms? There were times last night I just felt like "ugh, ok, we get his personality...tone it down or balance it a bit".

Maybe the episode was designed for viewers to be as annoyed with Negan as they hate him, but damn...that was a lot of that character that I felt forced to digest in a single episode.

"I see as much misery out of them moving to justify theirselves as them that set out to do harm."
-Dr. Amos "Doc" Cochran
Yamer is online now   Reply With Quote
The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to Yamer For This Useful Post:
Old 11-14-2016, 11:02 AM   #610
Mightyfire89
And I Don't Care...

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yamer View Post
Is it just me, or is Negan's schtick already wearing kind of thin? Like, I mean his mannerisms? There were times last night I just felt like "ugh, ok, we get his personality...tone it down or balance it a bit".

Maybe the episode was designed for viewers to be as annoyed with Negan as they hate him, but damn...that was a lot of that character that I felt forced to digest in a single episode.
Absolutely. The character has grown tiresome for me. I also think in real life someone would have killed him by now. I understand this show doesn't rely on realism, but it's incredibly unrealistic to think so many people would put up with his crap for so long.
Old 11-14-2016, 11:10 AM   #611
Weitz
Franchise Player

Exp:

The whole Negan thing is weird to me.

It screams as a situation where you cut off the head of the snake and the body will die.

I think if Rick kils Negan with Lucille I doubt a big fight breaks out, especially after the way Dwight has been acting.
Weitz is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Weitz For This Useful Post:
Old 11-14-2016, 11:20 AM   #612
Locke
Franchise Player

Exp:

I thought Negan was fantastic in this episode, it really fleshes out how he can alternate between his level of goal-driven Sociopathy and what he does just for fun. He wants things, and he wants them how he wants them, but hes also going to mentally mess with you.

And again, this has to be the third time I've said this but JDM is just killing this, his mannerisms, his tone and inflection, the way he carries himself, he is just taking this character to a whole new level.

To echo other sentiments that was an 80 minute #### sandwich. It was so intensely awkward that my wife and I had to pause it a couple of times.

As fans we really needed to step back and enjoy the story-telling aspect of the episode because other than that there wasnt a whole lot to enjoy about this episode, but that was the entire point.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fuzz View Post
So a few open ender's here....

Rick seams convinced at the moment this is their new life. Who, or what event will change his mind? or will the others act individually or as a group without him knowing to go after Negan?

They seam to be setting Daryl up to be on Negan's side. Is he really broken, or just pretending until the opportunity arises? Will he defend Negan against Rick's group if it comes to that?

A few of the Negan's are picking up on Negan's tactics. Will one of them take over if Negan is gone? We also see near the end Rick use a Negan tactic on Spencer, and he seams pleased with himself that it worked.
I think Rick really got his poop in a group at the end talking to whatshisnuts mcloserface.

It also really slams home why the Hilltop dont have any weapons, they've been through this process already.

The Daryl question is an interesting one because of the complexity of Daryl's character, we've seen that he can do some pretty rough things but he tends to be able to re-centre his moral compass, but he can be influenced, like the time he teamed up with those losers who 'called dibs' on everything.

Its possible that Rick kills/captures Negan, because as I said before, you cannot consistently maintain this level of brutality either in real life or in a television show, and when that happens its conceivable that Daryl takes over.

You'd think it would/should be Dwight, but Dwight is an Acolyte. A Familiar. Without Negan Dwight is nothing and wouldnt have the slightest hope of being able to maintain control.

Then its a matter of how long or what it takes for Daryl's moral compass to re-centre. If it does. Daryl taking over Negan's enterprise isnt inconceivable. And he naturally engenders that level of Loyalty that Dwight just cant and that Negan has to rely on brutality for.

Man would that just take the cake for long-time viewers, eventually just spinning Daryl into the Villain. There would be a riot.

But one thing that I think was very interesting was Rick's admission about Shane and Judith, but at the end of the day Rick could really use a guy like Shane right now.

This Post Has Been Distilled for the Eradication of Seemingly Incurable Sadness.

If you are flammable and have legs, you are never blocking a Fire Exit. - Mitch Hedberg
Locke is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2016, 11:21 AM   #613
OutOfTheCube
Franchise Player

Exp:

Yeah I was thinking that last night too. He's becoming too much of just a mustache-twirling villain. We get it, he's really bad and crazy, we picked that up from episode 1, and Rick is broken and defeated. Didn't need another whole (90 minute) episode of both acts to drill it in.

Negan needs a little more depth to continue to be engaging. If this is all he is they need to axe him sooner than later as it's already getting tiresome.
OutOfTheCube is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2016, 11:22 AM   #614
ken0042
Playboy Mansion Poolboy

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Weitz View Post
I think if Rick kils Negan with Lucille I doubt a big fight breaks out, especially after the way Dwight has been acting.
I disagree- with that big of a group in tow. If it's Rick, Negan, Dwight, and one or two other Saviors- sure. You could do it. You have 20 or 30 people that you have to get onboard with the mutiny, much harder to overcome the group-think on that. Also keep in mind that Rick has not seen that side of things.

Rick had a pretty clear shot at Negan through the window when he found the two guns. He didn't take it for fears the rest of the Alexanrians would bear the brunt of the retaliation of the Saviors.
Old 11-14-2016, 11:24 AM   #615
Fuzz
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Locke View Post
Its possible that Rick kills/captures Negan, because as I said before, you cannot consistently maintain this level of brutality either in real life or in a television show, and when that happens its conceivable that Daryl takes over.
Well now you just reminded me of Morgan's jail. Setup for Negan to be captured and rehabed.
Fuzz is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2016, 11:46 AM   #616
blankall
Ate 100 Treadmills

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Weitz View Post
The whole Negan thing is weird to me.

It screams as a situation where you cut off the head of the snake and the body will die.

It's all an illusion really. It seems like no one beneath Negan is really happy with him. Although I'm sure he has some popular support from thugs he's managed to bribe.

Negan is very good at putting on the public display though. So Rick has no idea how well supported Negan actually is. At this point, all he sees is the large number of thugs who appear to be totally loyal to Negan.
blankall is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2016, 11:53 AM   #617
killer_carlson
Franchise Player

Exp:

I ended up skipping through most of the Negan/Rick scenes.

I'm just so done with the menacing bad guys squaring off with Rick.
Old 11-14-2016, 12:03 PM   #618
Strange Brew
Franchise Player

Exp:

What's not clear to me is how Negan has inspired such loyalty in his troops. I think they did a better job of that with the Governor.
Strange Brew is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2016, 12:14 PM   #619
blankall
Ate 100 Treadmills

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Strange Brew View Post
What's not clear to me is how Negan has inspired such loyalty in his troops. I think they did a better job of that with the Governor.
I think they've gone to great lengths to establish that.

Negan scouts out tough and violent people. He then makes them think they have no choice but to join him and by joining him their part of the cool group who gets status over others. He's also very controlling, as he doesn't let people leave. So once you're in, there's no going back and all you know is the Negan style of life.

If you're not one of the people Negan considers tough and violent, you end up as a peon worker type and at the mercy of the thugs above you.
blankall is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2016, 12:29 PM   #620
Roof-Daddy
Franchise Player

Exp:

Plus if you go against them and fail, or try to leave and fail they won't just kill you with a brain shot but instead will either make you a bottom of the #### barrel grunt worker or turn you into a zombie and have you out on their wall or whatever.

Plus they will kill and/or mess with your family, friends and loved ones too.

A lot of Negan's followers would probably love to kill him, but don't dare step out of line. Especially the soldiers, because they may have been scared into becoming a soldier at one point, but now that they are a soldier they get the best of everything and the comfort of knowing they are part of a group that is unlikely to lose any confrontation they end up in.
Roof-Daddy is offline   Reply With Quote